REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #126
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeniepoo View Post
richmond bubbletea places...
i've trained in a few places and they always reuse those tiny side dishes that come with ur food.
one of the kitchen ppl i used to work with, when waitresses clean the tables n brings the dishes to the back to wash, even if customers have ate a little bit of the sidedish, they would just twirl it with their fingers n put it out with the next set of food
Holy shit....Me and my friends fucking eat those every time we go to one.
Advertisement
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #127
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
A lot of posts in this thread remind me of this scene. I never send food back I don't want my shit fucked with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVLe_QJ0xf8

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #128
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
A lot of posts in this thread remind me of this scene. I never send food back I don't want my shit fucked with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVLe_QJ0xf8
or
[youtube]_v1mp8X6EI0[/youtube]
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #129
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
lol. dont take it personally dude, the pricing dealers get from factory is the same. just markup in vancouver is higher cause they know people will pay it. its simple.,

what does geography has to do with it. i do admit gas is cheaper in the east. but thats by 10-15 cents.

so why $200 + price different in alarm/installs. , besides i never said drive to TO, i just said its a rippoff to get the alarms installed at these places.

u should think in ur head not ur ass
I'm not taking it personally. There are markups everywhere. There are many reasons why prices are different everywhere. It's the same as why cars of the exact same model are 8k cheaper in the states.

But if I may ask, if it's such a rip off to get it installed at these places, where is a better place?
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #130
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajei View Post
or
[youtube]_v1mp8X6EI0[/youtube]
Love this movie.

B A T W I N G

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #131
retired

It is true that Wendy's chili meat is old hamburger patties. But the patties are recooked again, they aren't just throw in the chili to serve.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #132
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
u can get compustars (new models) installed for $449, so paying $700 at sounds good and other places is a rippoff)
Thats hilarious.
There are a lot of places like Futureshop Best Buy that can get their 18 year old high school dropouts to slam these alarms in your precious vehicle for $449. BUT, when you find out that you need to pay extra for little things like....oh, I dunno...a proper install, all soldered connections, hidden sirens, hidden alarm brains, discreet wiring, properly placed hood pins, properly placed LEDs, proper programming and make sure that you can stand behind it 100% with zero argument...well, they don't chagre extra because they don't do ANY of the above. Also, a lot of Ontario shops sell the US model alarm which is way cheaper. It also has 1/4 the range of the CDN models. Yeah, we can order those in too....but only if we want you to complain about the horrible range.

So yeah, you definately get what you pay for and we don't charge $700 for a PRO. Its a LOT less. Unless you want all the options that big box don't even offer.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #133
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

they sell water for $5 a bottle at raves, it costs about that much for the whole 24 case

some nammers buy fuckin 20-30 bottles the whole night
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #134
Banned (ABWS)

When I said we cooks fuck with your food, it's not to those nasty ass extremes you guys posted LOL.
trdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #135
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
My way:

me - "sorry I'm heading out right now"
them - "oh...what's a good time to call back sir?"
me - "why don't you leave me your cell and I'll call you back?"
them - "...i can't give you my number"
me - "oh...I guess you don't like it when strangers call you too huh?"

Seinfeld ftw
its fun to question them when your bored

them: would you like to donate
me: no
them: oh, ok, thanks
me: wait, thats how you try to sell me, your doing it all wrong

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #136
I don't get it

well cost is always going to be low
you guys have to consider the fact that the owners have to pay for rent, wages, electric bills, maintenance etc etc
so they aren't really "ripping" you off REALLY badly, (some do, some dont)
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #137
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,286 Times in 133 Posts
Anyone know how Wendy's new slogan works? "Always Fresh Never Frozen" How fresh are the patties and what exact is the definition of fresh in Wendy's prespective???? It cant be "always" fresh can it?
K.Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:33 AM   #138
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Me and my friends witnessed this too and made a joke about it but never thought it would be true ...

One time we went out for BBT in Richmond. My friend ordered a beef rice but the girl said they were sold out. Too bad for him so we just got drinks and started playing Big 2. Then a little while later this big table across from us leaves and I just so happen to glance over, on the table there's about 4-5 half empty rice bowls... thought nothing of it .. back to my card game.

The waitress cleans up that table.. then, 5 minutes later the waitress comes back to us and says "Hi there, did you still want to order the beef rice? We have enough for 1 order" ...

We just stared at her and shook our heads..... like WTF?!?!

You come to your own conclusions...

Spoiler!

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718

Last edited by Obsideon; 09-04-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:48 AM   #139
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
It will get cut from their budget and go elsewhere (where ever that may be).
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 AM   #140
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
^disgusting.
raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:55 AM   #141
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Me and my friends witnessed this too and made a joke about it but never thought it would be true ...

One time we went out for BBT in Richmond. My friend ordered a beef rice but the girl said they were sold out. Too bad for him so we just got drinks and started playing Big 2. Then a little while later this big table across from us leaves and I just so happen to glance over, on the table there's about 4-5 half empty rice bowls... thought nothing of it .. back to my card game.

The waitress cleans up that table.. then, 5 minutes later the waitress comes back to us and says "Hi there, did you still want to order the beef rice? We have enough for 1 order" ...

We just stared at her and shook our heads..... like WTF?!?!

You come to your own conclusions...

Spoiler!
name of place?
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:55 AM   #142
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdees View Post
When I said we cooks fuck with your food, it's not to those nasty ass extremes you guys posted LOL.
You're a disgrace to cooks anywhere, either way.. If you have any pride, you don't fuck with people's food.
DJSherwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:00 AM   #143
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

you should also mention their names of place.

richmond bbt place....
theres
TONS
hi5-ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:07 AM   #144
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
name of place?
omfg tell us the name of the place so we can avoid it
vl_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:50 AM   #145
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

actually i don't think you should name the place....
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #146
easy e

I really shouldn't have read all four pages of this thread........
..... I'm going to stick to cooking my own food, drinking canned goods, and fucking stay the hell away from richmond eateries.

and a big FUCK YOU to those who fuck with peoples food. How the fuck would you feel if someone did that to the food you were about to eat? How can you even sleep at night after doing such a thing. Go jump in a fire and fucking die.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 AM   #147
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

damn richmond..
Bat-A-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:01 AM   #148
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I don't know what your talking about the twoony on the floor under the seat must have gotten sucked up the vaccuum. If your stupid enough to take a car to get cleaned and detailed and leave money on the floor under the seat thats your problem. I call it a reward for a job well done. You cant expect kids making minimum wage at a shit job like to NOT take the 50 cents or whatever they find on the floor. Get a grip.

Berz out.
you're a fucking moron.

that's like saying I have a right to key your car or steal your stereo...because if you're stupid enough to leave it on the street then you deserve it. The fact that I now have your stereo? It's my reward for a job well done. You can't expect me, who has $15K in student loans, not to take whatever I can to help me along the highway of life. And your stereo would make a pretty payment on my student loans. Makes sense, right?

You're a lowlife piece of shit. And a petty criminal to boot.

Offroad out.
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #149
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
you're a fucking moron.

that's like saying I have a right to key your car or steal your stereo...because if you're stupid enough to leave it on the street then you deserve it. The fact that I now have your stereo? It's my reward for a job well done. You can't expect me, who has $15K in student loans, not to take whatever I can to help me along the highway of life. And your stereo would make a pretty payment on my student loans. Makes sense, right?

You're a lowlife piece of shit. And a petty criminal to boot.

Offroad out.

HAHA That was the most pathetic arguement I have ever heard. The fact that you can try to compare you taking your car for detailing and the guy that is detailing the car picking up 50cents off your floor and putting it in his pocket instead of sucking it up the vaccuum or tossing it in the garbage to Keying someones car and breaking in and stealing a stereo proves you should probably take more money out for student loans cuz your dumb as fuck.

Makes senses, right? No it makes no sense and your a fucktard for even thinking it does. I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on your weak sauce argument but that would take this thread off base.

Berz out.
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #150
Banned (ABWS)

you're a petty, pathetic thief, and that's all there is to it.

Go back to stealing your quarters and hope to god you get busted you little chump fuckward. As for being dumb as fuck...at least I earn an honest living and always have. I put my ass through university and got me a career, all the while you were swiping quarters from old ladies. You're as valuable as the dogshit stuck to the sole of my shoe.

Offroad out.

Last edited by OffroadZuki; 09-04-2008 at 07:19 AM.
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: