REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #251
I don't get it

Ive seen a lot of cooks fuck with people's food. It's disgusting

For chefs I haven't really seen them fuck around with people's food becuase they know how sick it can make someone ... Usually chefs are trained in schools nad have to go through all the HACCP stuff and etc ...

But then the system is different in Europe compared to US and Canada

Although I have to admit I did drop a burger bun on the floor and gave it to the customer because he was the Dean of the school and was the biggest fuken asshole ever!!! Fucken asshole ... Karma that bitch

Besides that time I never messed with food =D

But man at the place I was working... people would leave food out for at least 4 hours and never fully cooked the burger patties (theres pork in them too) NEVER WASHED THEIR HANDS ............ totally disgusting .. People always asked why I only ate the pizzas.. becuase they were all frozen pizzas and I just have to put them in the oven.. hahahaha

side note* this year over 50 people got food poisoning .. yet the school hasnt closed this place down... HMMMMMMMMMMMMM funny becuase our school has a culinary program ...lol ... I don't think they are following thier own "teachings" HACCP my ass
Advertisement
imiaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #252
My homepage has been set to RS

^ if i went to that school and got food poisoning i'd sue them up the ass sideways.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #253
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

OKay now..

I want to ask.

If Canadian/Caucasian restaurants are just as disgusting as Chinese restaurants. Why is it that Chinese restaurants get caught and Caucasian restaurants don't get caught? Is this racial profiling?
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #254
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhangFei View Post
OKay now..

I want to ask.

If Canadian/Caucasian restaurants are just as disgusting as Chinese restaurants. Why is it that Chinese restaurants get caught and Caucasian restaurants don't get caught? Is this racial profiling?
Yes. Every single health inspector hates the Chinese. You figured it out.
ToyotaPowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #255
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
anyone have any idea why they fucking do this? You can get cables in Asia for like really dirt cheap compared to here..but then even at that they're still making ~x10 the profit it took to make them.

WHY?

Here's mine: check your change when you're at Chinese food markets...they like to shortchange you by 10-30 cents. It's only happened a couple of times..but when I spoke to them about it i could sense that it was a dishonest action and not giving the wrong change my accident.
On other note, at some chinese food markets they do give you exact change BUT the thing is the price tags on the shelves are different from the ones that they scan at the check outs.

Normally from about like 20 cents - like 3 dollars. This happens A LOT at T n T which is why I check my reciepts and look at the monitor when they scan your stuff.

And I wouldn't buy bus tickets at T n T either.. such assholes

one time I saw a person ask for a concession month pass (accidently, wanted adult) but he said o sorry. But he already gave the money b4 the coutner person took it out. So then they didn't let him switch it back. They argued over it so I didn't know what happened in the end. He never left the counter either..

Last edited by Not really racist!; 09-07-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #256
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
The gouvernment is like that.
I remember one of my mom's department's at Canada Post has an office supply/upkeep budget.

At the end of the year, so they don't lose their budget, the re-carpet the entire office, and order whole new sets of brand new chairs.
That explains a lot. Did a job at a gov't building (renovation) and the flooring guy was telling me the carpet "tiles" (they come in square 2x2ft pieces) cost like $30 EACH. Did a quick number crunch and yeah, this office (probably 3000sqft, for a whopping 6 employees) probably used up $10000 in carpeting alone. I asked one of the tenants and yeah, it was being done because of the "use it or lose it" policy. The carpeting is really nice though
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #257
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-HONDAhatch View Post
OJ/DQ in brentwood mall. Don't work there anymore so...

-Don't buy the "fresh squeezed" juice. Veggies are only washed once (right when we get them, then they're left alone til they run out).
-Watch out for the blizzards. The sink we keep the metal collars in gets clogged the most (lots of excess ingredients accumulate) and when the plumbers unclog it, all I see is this dark, black shit that comes out (I can't even tell what it was before).
-Bananas. If you aren't watching, they'll use under or over ripened bananas. Although, it's the only real fresh fruit we use. Everything else is just frozen puree with about 10% sugar in it.
-Hot dogs. The large dogs usually sit around on the grill the whole day. The ones that aren't sold are thrown out at the end of the day, luckily. Ingredients added onto the hotdog sometimes can be a few months old.
-Blizzard ingredients are also sometimes a few months old depending on how popular they are.
-an orange julius is pretty much - ice, 50/50 orange juice concentrate + water, and a powder called "Flavor Enhancer" which contains eggs, flour, milk, and some other stuff that I forgot
-the thicker julius' such as S&B, Triple Berry, and Pina colada have an extra powder added called "Smoothie Booster" which is a big part of the formula. It has a sort of coconut flavor to it, although I forgot what the ingredients were.
-The pomegranate julius (don't know if they still have it) uses a pomegranate concentrate, which, if it is not in demand, will sit around until someone orders it. After a few days, it tastes like cheap wine since it is allowed to ferminate.
-most times, utensils are only rinsed
-Unused ice milk (for ice cream) from old bags will usually be poured into a newer bag

That's all I can think of for now
hey man, i worked at OJ too at richmond centre! and we didnt do those things you do. all dishes are washed properly with the 3 step method. we always make fresh orange julius when it is sitting out there for too long. yes there is smoothy booster but fruits dont naturally taste that good! we also wash the fruits and vegetables more then once before we place them in the juicer. if i would drink our product and i make them i think that it is safe to say that other people should drink it too. well thats for the richmond centre one. all OJ's are franchised so i guess management there is just better ^^
monkymadnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #258
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

yay for good employee monkymadness thumbs up for u
Bat-A-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #259

99% of marintated meat at overwaitea is one day before expiring when we marinade it
if it smells good, re wrap it and add 3 days
dont buy the previously frozen kabobs or anything, they expiry date on the keeps getting changed.
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #260
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I don't know what your talking about the twoony on the floor under the seat must have gotten sucked up the vaccuum. If your stupid enough to take a car to get cleaned and detailed and leave money on the floor under the seat thats your problem. I call it a reward for a job well done. You cant expect kids making minimum wage at a shit job like to NOT take the 50 cents or whatever they find on the floor. Get a grip.

Berz out.
That's BS.

I worked at a GM dealer on the lot, making $9 /hr a few years ago. There were many times cupholders would be full of loonies and twoonies and I wouldn't take anything. I love money more than...well, pretty much anything, but taking what others have earned is straight BS.
Westcoast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #261
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

props to u westcoast, money is money.... and taking anything thats not yours is considered stealing period!
rubencruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #262
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I was told that the guys at Oasis are crooks, then I took my car there and they stole out of my coin tray.
redrum781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #263
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum781 View Post
I was told that the guys at Oasis are crooks, then I took my car there and they stole out of my coin tray.
From page 2 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Oasis car wash.. from a long time ago...

If they find money in the car they keep it. Its called "scoops" if anyone says anything it simply "must have gotten sucked up in the vaccuum". I used to double my wage there everyday with scoops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #264
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

personal observation, but i did not work there.

UPS depot on Annacius island

employees tossing packages onto a conveyor belt from a truck. no one catching, not gently placed. tossed like a sack of potatoes.

pack your items well.

SIDE NOTE RE: Cables. goto monoprice.com and never pay "Monster" prices for any cables again.

Last edited by Psykopathik; 09-08-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Psykopathik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray666 View Post
Like the titles states, tell us something about your work/profession other people may not know about.

PS. Don't tell us anything that will get you arrested/fired. LOL

Here's mine:

Best Buy:
-Markup on most cables is well in excess of 1000%. The more common the cable, the higher the price. USB cables priced at $29.99 to $34.99 cost between $1 and $2.
-Store associates get NO commision but managers and supervisors get bonuses based on sales performance so they ride the salespeople until they are miserable and lifeless.
-They have a theoretical bonus pay for all employees if the store loses less money due to theft in a calander year, but this is largely phantom, as there are many technicalities to disqualify the store from getting the bonus. Managers tout this bonus as a major reason for being employed there because they have a hard time getting decent staff because employees are treated so poorly and pay is low.
-Service plans are a major profit item for the company and cost far more than any extended service offered by the manufacturer of the product. Stores are ranked on this and it figures into bonus payouts.
-Stores are ranked on financing, and this is also figured into manager bonuses.

-The windows and end aisles displays of our store are rented out. For example, if you're at a store and at the end of the aisle they're featuring some new Xbox 360, it's because Microsoft is paying for that shelf space. Essentially any space in the store is available for sale.

When area reps (i.e. Microsoft, Sony, Samsung, etc.) visit stores, they move all their own products to the most visible area on the shelves. Then when another rep comes in they'll move the competitors' products and replace it with their company's and on and on with every rep.
I can vouch for this. All of it!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #266
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
From page 2 of this thread.
It was a joint.
redrum781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #267
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
same at the airport depot. i saw it from the inside when i was dropping off cargo for UPS.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum781 View Post
It was a joint.
You better report this theft to the police.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing

Last edited by SumAznGuy; 09-08-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #269
Retired moderator

my gf told me the Pho Hoa in Richmond....reuses the soup base

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #270
I STILL don't get it

Ewwwwww I've been to pho hoa quite a few times...... Shit that's disgusting fuck
Why are so many businesses so fucked up..... They just dunno how to make money the proper way?
And for those ppl bitching about markup its called business, if u haven't known already better service = more money, bigger store better location? = more money
And no a cayenne isn't a cheaper porsche, its what porsche brought out to own escalades and navigators becuz having a porsche designed n tuned SUV is more ballin then cadillac.....
N that is called market share, n no I did not go to university to learn this shit......
This thread is disgusting and shows how many failures are out there hahahahaha

Aside from that there aren't any dealers that dun have lot boys beating the brand new cars hahahaha
Take it as a free break in so if u dun like it or u think that it'd damage ur car then u probably shouldn't buy that unreliable brand cuz gasing brand new cars are apart of pre-delivery inspection
Midnitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #271
I don't get it

A certain baskin robbins before .... when u lift up shit .. cockroaches will jsut come out of nowhere !!!!

Didn't believe until I say it with my own eyes ....

Restaurant -> The table the glasses were placed to dry.. underneath there was BLACK MOLD .... BLACK MOLD ... same with where they stored their ice ... disgusting
imiaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #272
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
there is a difference between the break-in that you are supposed to do to every new vehicle (usually not over a certain rpm for a certain distance so that all the components seat properly) and a lot boy beat-in.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #273
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

this thread is a gold mine for health inspectors! D=
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #274
Banned (ABWS)

Red Robin in north vancouver..... No dont even think about it. I knew some1 who pissed in the deep fat fryer and thats what they cooked all the fries in over the course of an evening!!!
Adsdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #275

^^^^ That is just wrong, if people hated the job that much, then quit for fuck's sake.

At Superstore, there were a lot of disgruntled employees. They either quit or their bark was worse than their bite and they kept working.

Every place can have a disgruntled employee that will go and do something disgusting or unhygenic. <shudder at the thought>
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing