REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #551
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
Is Logan still the district manager?
not sure what you mean by district manager...

it goes by

swing manager, 2nd assistant, 1st assistant, restaurant manager / people manager, stint in the head office, operations consultant, other consultants (menu management, etc) operations manager, ???????, director

i should note that different patches have different consultants
different patches means different owners whether they may be companies or franchises
Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #552
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Kimono sushi restaurant on Granville/Pender. Did some mechanical surveying at this property.
Went into the kitchen area. Just. Absolutely. Disgusting. Do. Not. Eat here.
I don't even know where to begin. The moment I stepped in there, nothing was clean. Grease EVERYWHERE. Floor, walls, counters, doors, equipment, ceilings. It turns out they don't get their exhaust serviced every year like they're supposed to, so their filters are all clogged, and grease just settles everywhere in the kitchen.
Also there was a food strainer placed over the toilet in the staff washroom. I don't even wanna know why.
Absolutely unacceptable. I felt bad for the people eating there.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #553
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
^ Just ate there on tuesday
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #554
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

^LOL
tseman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #555
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

some donuts at 7/11 and timmy ho's are not fresh, they are kept frozen, dropped on the ground in the dirty freezer and shipped out the next day sometimes. avoid donuts at 7/11s mostly
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #556
degenerate extraordinaire

at a dueck dealership

doesn't matter whether the car is a brand new Corvette ZR1 or a broken $2000 used vehicle, they all get filled at the same pump that only carries regular.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #557
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
^
those poor turbo cars
Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #558
degenerate extraordinaire

yup! turbo sonics, cruzes, all the camaros, denali's, etc. all get filled with that one pump.

diesel uses a different pump, but they're pretty simple diesel as well lol

edit: i wonder if they used that pump for the ISF we had before
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #559
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Man I used to work at Starbucks and you guys's stories make that company look so good. The only thing is sometimes coffee isn't that fresh but that's so minor compared to other stories here.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #560
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
In the structural steel/construction industry:

Engineer calls for a 10 foot tall moment frame to hold up the entire structural integrity of the building?
no worries! i'll take a 8ft one and build it up using wood or some other shit.
close enough!

man these contractors scare me sometimes.
(note: mostly caucasian contractors do this... surprisingly brown contractors follow plans more closely than any others...)
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #561
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doritos View Post
some donuts at 7/11 and timmy ho's are not fresh, they are kept frozen, dropped on the ground in the dirty freezer and shipped out the next day sometimes. avoid donuts at 7/11s mostly
I can vouch for this... but I wouldn't be worried about the donuts @ Tim Hortons.. Donuts are frozen, then get cooked and get toppings/fillings put in, donuts come out fresh every 8 hours.

But the bread... get a bagel at night and chances are it will never be fresh.. I worked night shifts and we made 1 batch of bagels/sandwich bread for the whole nights shift.. Only reason to cook more would be if we were running out..

BTW.. Don't have the chili.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #562
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

^ but chili so good......
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #563
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
In the structural steel/construction industry:

Engineer calls for a 10 foot tall moment frame to hold up the entire structural integrity of the building?
no worries! i'll take a 8ft one and build it up using wood or some other shit.
close enough!

man these contractors scare me sometimes.
(note: mostly caucasian contractors do this... surprisingly brown contractors follow plans more closely than any others...)
We don't do structural steel but we do build structural items and all structural work has to be inspected and signed off by the engineer that designed it. I'd be surprised if structural steel was any different. At the end of the day it's up to the engineer to make sure whatever he designed is being constructed and if it's not he shouldn't be signing off on it. If the structure fails he'll be the top of the list to get sued.

You get bad contractors of every creed if you want to know who's doing something right just look at how long they've been around for. The ones doing the shitty work tend to be constantly folding and reinventing themselves.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 08-03-2012 at 08:11 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #564
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
at a dueck dealership

doesn't matter whether the car is a brand new Corvette ZR1 or a broken $2000 used vehicle, they all get filled at the same pump that only carries regular.
To be fair, all modern cars are capable of running on 87oct with minimal long term effects. The ecu simply detunes the engine to compensate for the lower grade gas.

I don't really have any secrets to any of the jobs I've worked at.

It's easy to bullshit your way onto a film set if you come across a bored production assistant standing guard. Just say some crap that sounds like you belong there and they'll let you in.

Oh, and for all the restaurants out there that say that their soup is "home made" or "made from scratch by the chef," the majority of them are lying. Chances are it's actually soup from Lipton or Campbell's. If it doesn't look home made, it probably isn't.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
That's on the engineer, he's suppose to inspect all his work before signing off on it. If it fails he'll be at the top of the list to get sued along with the contractor. We have an engineer who works solely for us and he inspects everything and won't sign off on it unless it's done the way he wants it.

You get bad contractors of every creed if you want to know who's doing something right just look at how long they've been around for. The ones doing the shitty work tend to be constantly folding and reinventing themselves.
yup, as with all industries there's bad apples.
that being said though, we just make the damn beams/frames/columns/whathaveyounot to the customer's specs.

We had a chinese fellow try to put the roof on before he had the load bearing connections installed.
that went well with the city inspector
Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #566
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
We had a chinese fellow try to put the roof on before he had the load bearing connections installed.
that went well with the city inspector
WTF?

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
WTF?

OH YEAH
that was a classic.
never ever heard from that what he claimed to be a "general contractor" ever again.

basically this guy was trying to rush the house out, so he just joined the cross members together with the columns using a couple of L-Shaped connectors you get at home depot (you know... the galvanized... 4"x4" L Shaped things) instead of waiting for the engineered hangers we were fabricating for him (which were by the way... scheduled for delivery on Monday... this happened on the Wednesday before)

coworker went to site to do a last minute measure to make sure everything is lined up and BOOM WTF he was pretty much putting the final touches on the roofing frame and had a city inspector lined up for Thursday PM/Friday AM

lol
that was fun
imagine that house was built just like that and a heavy truck happened to pass in front of it with at just the right speed.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #568
Who's naughty? I___i

most of you are probably aware of this but sometimes TnT will have in-store special that no other TnT stores will have and you want to check the expiry date on those ... my manager used to put expired stuff on sale with super low price... The weekly special is set by head office so no worries there.
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #569
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Seeing all these Mcd's stories, are you guys aware that you can always ask for a fresh food and they will oblige?

It works for mostly everything.. fries, burger paddies, chicken nuggets, crispy chicken, etc. If you're paying a premium for something at Mcd's, you might as well wait and get your money's worth for something fresh. IIRC, things like nuggets take 4m45s to fry. Burgers are super quick, like 45 seconds for a cheese burger size paddy.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #570
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I worked at Walmart this summer as a truck unloader. I had to do about 20 computer training exercises to learn company policies. Anyway, as far as their food goes, you'll never have to worry about it going bad because it's removed from the shelves well before the expiry; 3 days for cold food, 4 for frozen, 7 for dry goods, 30 for baby foods. All this food is then taken to the back and thrown out. Not donated to a soup kitchen or anything, just no questions asked, thrown out. I actually watched a coworker throw out about 300$ in food the other day, made me sick that it could have been used for feeding the hungry.

Not really something that's as bad as rats and expired food, but just a shady way of doing things, extremely wasteful.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #571
Who's naughty? I___i

^Bedroom_Eyes

It may be wasteful but you probably looked at the retail price, not the cost. It will probably cost the company more money to implement a program to manage these soon to expire food than to simply throw them out...
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #572
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
I've always wondered what the retail price for a bag of Coke syrup is. Not how much it costs for Coca Cola to manufacture/produce, but how much your average restaurant buys it for. Anybody know?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #573
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
OH YEAH
that was a classic.
never ever heard from that what he claimed to be a "general contractor" ever again.

basically this guy was trying to rush the house out, so he just joined the cross members together with the columns using a couple of L-Shaped connectors you get at home depot (you know... the galvanized... 4"x4" L Shaped things) instead of waiting for the engineered hangers we were fabricating for him (which were by the way... scheduled for delivery on Monday... this happened on the Wednesday before)

coworker went to site to do a last minute measure to make sure everything is lined up and BOOM WTF he was pretty much putting the final touches on the roofing frame and had a city inspector lined up for Thursday PM/Friday AM

lol
that was fun
imagine that house was built just like that and a heavy truck happened to pass in front of it with at just the right speed.
I'm curious. Can you explain more? Whats the difference between the HD ones and engineered?
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #574
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedroom Eyes View Post
I worked at Walmart this summer as a truck unloader. I had to do about 20 computer training exercises to learn company policies. Anyway, as far as their food goes, you'll never have to worry about it going bad because it's removed from the shelves well before the expiry; 3 days for cold food, 4 for frozen, 7 for dry goods, 30 for baby foods. All this food is then taken to the back and thrown out. Not donated to a soup kitchen or anything, just no questions asked, thrown out. I actually watched a coworker throw out about 300$ in food the other day, made me sick that it could have been used for feeding the hungry.

Not really something that's as bad as rats and expired food, but just a shady way of doing things, extremely wasteful.
Not shady at all,it's actually smart business.last thing walmart needs is a bad repuatation for selling expired & potentially harmfull food.If some people got sick eating the expired food,Walmart would have lawsuits coming out of their ass.

They are actuallly doing things the right way.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #575
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
^It may be the "correct" way, but I don't think it's the "right" way.

Makes perfect sense business, and pending lawsuits and all that, but at the end of the day food is being thrown out while people go hungry.

There is a middle ground that people/corporates are too lazy/greedy to figure out.
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote