REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #101
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I have to. You know why? Because the original scope of the question was retarded to begin with.

"Does love exist within Atheism?"

There's no deep & intelligent answer to a retarded question. The answer is just, "simply fucking yes". Just because one refuses follow religion means that "said" person is now incapable of Love.

Love is just an emotion. Can you apply the same principle with religion to other emotions?

I choose not to believe in God therefore he does not exist.
I choose not be believe in anger therefore anger does not exist in this world
I choose not to believe in jealousy therefore it does not occur.

I'm really curious, do ppl really understand how all-encompassing the absurdity of this reach is?
i guess we just have different ideas of what love would be. fair enough on the topic though, i had gone off topic a bit.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #102
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

man o man......

bonethug, can we both agree that the word LOVE was only created, to label the series of emotions we feel towards a person? Our feelings already existed, our actions upon the feelings/emotions demonstrates something. We labeled it love. Love is a word that was made up to label something that already existed.

Gravity is a word that we label as the force that pulls us down to the earth. I personally can't 100% prove to you gravity exist. You can say.. "the reason why the ball keeps falling down 100% isn't gravity... that's not proof even though it constantly falls down every single time.... "
This is the logic that you're using to compare love and god.... making it sound the same, making it equal in beliefs when it isn't.

Do you believe in hate? .... lol I shouldn't get into it...

Last edited by FlyNvBaller; 01-13-2009 at 08:49 PM.
FlyNvBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNvBaller View Post
man o man......

bonethug, can we both agree that the word LOVE was only created, to label the series of emotions we feel towards a person? Our feelings already existed, our actions upon the feelings/emotions demonstrates something. We labeled it love. Love is a word that was made up to label something that already existed.

Gravity is a word that we label as the force that pulls us down to the earth. I personally can't 100% prove to you gravity exist. You can say.. "the reason why the ball keeps falling down 100% isn't gravity... that's not proof even though it constantly falls down every single time.... "
This is the logic that you're using to compare love and god.... making it sound the same, making it equal in beliefs when it isn't.

Do you believe in hate? .... lol I shouldn't get into it...
i just think that most people talk themselves into believing that the feeling they are feeling is love. but its not real cause its something they force themselves into, think they should naturally feel cause they are in a relationship with someone, or the like. but i'll agree to disagree since i have as much chance as making you see what I see as much as you do of making me think love is real. it seems as naive to me as my lack of being able to believe in it makes me seem naive to you.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
i just think that most people talk themselves into believing that the feeling they are feeling is love. but its not real cause its something they force themselves into, think they should naturally feel cause they are in a relationship with someone, or the like. but i'll agree to disagree since i have as much chance as making you see what I see as much as you do of making me think love is real. it seems as naive to me as my lack of being able to believe in it makes me seem naive to you.
Again I understand what you're saying. I'm just trying to bring examples and ideas that you may or may not have thought about.

Quickly, love is not just about the love you have for someone but the word love is also the label for the feeling you have towards anything. Sports, food, internet, sex. That attachment or feeling you have towards those, the word Love is also used to describe it.

The specific love I know ZhangFei and You are talking about is the LOVE you have for your Significant Other. Yes people say they love other people when they don't really love other people. People marry eachother for other reasons besides love. People force themselves in believing they love other people and live like that when the truth is they don't really love that person.
When individual emotions are corrupted does not therefore make love non existent. Even if an individual person in the world does not fall in real love ever in his life.....does not mean love doesn't exist. I personally have not fallen in love with someone yet...but because of the natural human process, it is logical and rational to believe that love does exist.

Now back to the god references.
Why is belief in god a BIG LEAP of faith compared to Love?
We have to look at what the definition of GOD really is.
Creator of the universe and everything in it. Lives outside time and space. Has always existed. All knowing all powerful. Performs miracles and works in mysterious ways. I would say that is a big leap of faith compared to love, something we all know has always existed.

I think the best example would be...

A caveman back in the ice ages. No one has ever told him about God, even the bible was written many thousands of years after his existence (haha). If he was to all of a sudden, look up in the sky or see fire.. and the idea that .. someone all powerful created it.. yea that would be a leap of faith. Now the caveman, having this natural instinct to protect, to feed, to miss his fellow cavewoman, he does not have a label for all these emotions. But it is there, and it exist.... we today labeled that, love.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:07 AM   #105
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

^ the funny thing is, you can make up a definition of God.

LOL okay then.... let's see you make up a definition of love then.
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #106
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhangFei View Post

No you can't. Otherwise, why stop there?

Why not redefine the defintion of gravity?

Why not redefine all the classifications of emotion, hate, anger, etc?

Hell, why not redefine any words out of pure randomness?

Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #107

you can do all that, but do that in another thread.

i just believe in love. how do i verify its existence? I can't. so i take a leap of faith that love exists.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #108
I don't get it

Quote:
if people fall out of love that's even MORE PROOF that people will believe in something that they thought was real and in turns out wasn't even real in the first place.

but for them to believe it was real in the first place, it did take a leap of faith didn't it?

(just say yes.)
you are a idiot sir.

You are just playing with words here.

People falling out of love means people's emotion has changed, that doesn't mean it never existed in the first place.

For example, say you 'feel' hungry. You then eat a sandwich and are not hungry anymore.
You can say you were hungry before but not anymore because the situations are now different. (eating the sandwich changes the scenario)
You cant go all fucktard and say you were wrong at feeling hungry because you are not hungry anymore.

Atheists have emotions just like you religious fucks, the only difference is we don't buy into the bullshit that there's an invisible skydaddy watching you jerk off then send you to an eternal fire for it.

Love is just a term we label to describe the emotions that we feel, and can be indirectly proven by the way we behave, the way electric signals are fired in the head in a certain patterns, etc.

And the way you describe love as a 'leap of faith' is just you fucking around with words.

You don't get it because your sense of reason is screwed like all religious loonies.

edit: i always forget to put the 't...

Last edited by cow20xx; 01-15-2009 at 05:11 PM.
cow20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow20xx View Post
you are a idiot sir.

People falling out of love means people's emotion has changed, that doesn't mean it never existed in the first place.

For example, say you 'feel' hungry. You then eat a sandwich and are not hungry anymore.
You can say you were hungry before but not anymore because the situations are now different. (eating the sandwich changes the scenario)
You can go all fucktard and say you were wrong at feeling hungry because you are not hungry anymore.

Atheists have emotions just like you religious fucks, the only difference is we don't buy into the bullshit that there's an invisible skydaddy watching you jerk off then send you to an eternal fire for it.

Love is just a term we label to describe the emotions that we feel, and can be indirectly proven by the way we behave, the way electric signals are fired in the head in a certain patterns, etc.

And the way you describe love as a 'leap of faith' is just you fucking around with words.

You don't get it because your sense of reason is screwed like all religious loonies.
I was trying to be nice in this thread but I LMFAO on this one....lol sigh..

Quote:

Oh gosh dude, wow, pure wow. Funny how I made up a definition of God. Did you just type that in and accidently pressed submit? Really... I made that up...sorry (sarcasm). Maybe your definition of God is totally something else I dunno...
Old 01-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #110
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

if you're skeptical about the existence of love you can always ingest a fuck ton of pure mdma capsules xD
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow20xx View Post
you are a idiot sir.

You cant go all fucktard and say you were wrong at feeling hungry because you are not hungry anymore.

edit: i always forget to put the 't...

Look. It happens to everyone. At first you think its love. But over time, you realize it wasn't love at all. Its not that your emotions changed, you are just seeing things more clearly as you go into further investigation.

Fool's gold looks like gold doesn't it? If you go test it out in a lab, you'll realize it isn't gold at all.

Its just my guess that you're saying the the love was real and the feelings where real because nobody likes to admit that they emotionally invested their time and effort into something that was completely bullshit.

I'm not going to say there aren't any emotions. That's silly. But to say those feelings you feel is love, that is taking a leap of faith. At the most you can say there's a connection, there's rapport and there's attraction etc.... but love? that's where faith plays in.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #112

Quote:
Look. It happens to everyone. At first you think its love. But over time, you realize it wasn't love at all. Its not that your emotions changed, you are just seeing things more clearly as you go into further investigation.

Fool's gold looks like gold doesn't it? If you go test it out in a lab, you'll realize it isn't gold at all.

Its just my guess that you're saying the the love was real and the feelings where real because nobody likes to admit that they emotionally invested their time and effort into something that was completely bullshit.

I'm not going to say there aren't any emotions. That's silly. But to say those feelings you feel is love, that is taking a leap of faith. At the most you can say there's a connection, there's rapport and there's attraction etc.... but love? that's where faith plays in.
with this logic.......we can say EVERY emotion or feeling, be it love, hate, sadness, happy, frustrated, sorry, all requires a leap of faith?? Because you never really know, you might be kidding yourself?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #113
Support Team Mod

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26814.html>
Gwilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwilo View Post
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
thats a crock of shit. Steven Weinberg should have his masters stripped and his ass paddled.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #115

Quote:
I find it ironic that you are quoting him religiously.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #116
Support Team Mod

To quote religiously, I would have to quote him on a regular bases.

I have used this quote twice in my life and only once on RS.
Gwilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #117
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
To quote religiously, I would have to quote him on a regular bases.

I have used this quote twice in my life and only once on RS.
You're talking to Zhanfei. He wouldn't know the difference. Just because one word is "religious", and the other "religiously" he'd think the connection meant that they're more or less the same thing.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote