REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #101
Need to Seek Professional Help

Has anyone seen any TPS R8 int. shaft with a whip flex?

I've been to the common LHS and haven't seen any cept for the sr.

Need a more whippy flex cause im too weak/short to flex a sr stick .
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #102
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

i personally think warrior blades are amazing. dolomite, and mac daddy sticks not that spyne stuff.
from the ones i have used (one piece sticks and replacement blades ie. ak27 + dolomite) they are good stuff give it a shot if u have a chance
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #103
My homepage has been set to RS

Grrr....again, i don't want to make another thread, but since its related....

I need as much ice time till next next friday......anyone got a session that could use another guy??
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #104
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

hey ray ill facebook you
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #105
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Played my first game with the new skates and stick tonight.
First impressions of the RBK 9K skates. Awesome. Normally I wear 7 1/2 E skates, but with these skates, I got the regular 7 1/2 D. After getting them heat molded, they fit snug like a glove. In fact, the boot is so stiff, I had trouble tightening them up right. Good think for the pump, which really makes the boot that much snugger on the fly when you don't have time to re-tie the skates.
The skates themselves are very light, and very responsive to every push off or cross over. I just hope these skates can last me 5 or so years.

New stick, I love it. I got the Warrior Mac Daddy with an 85 flex on a Kovelev (sp?) curve. Slight curve on the blade, and open on the heal. Makes for a flat area for quality back hands, and the open heal makes raising the puck quite easily on my shots. Most of my previous sticks have been a 100 curve, and i cut the stick down to chest level. I left this stick a little longer, just under the chin. With the lower flex, wrist shots and snap shots are a lot faster, and quicker to get off the stick. I really need to take some of the swing out of my slapshots. I am use to really leaning into them to get the flex on a 100 flex stick, but with the 85, I can get way more speed on the shot without having to really lean into the shot. Again, makes for a way quicker release.
The stick is very light. Somewhere in the 400g area. Now I can see how a high end stick can improve a player's game. I'm not saying top of the line gear will make a sucky player great, but the right gear can make a good player better.
On my old Vapour VII, I hated the "stick'em" feel. On the Mac Daddy, i got the nipple stick'em and it is perfect. Just the slightest amount of tack. At $165, i wanna go out and buy a couple more for just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #106

does anyone play in hugh's group on wednesday nights ric?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #107
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
If you take a lot of slappers, like me, the soft blade might be an issue for all sticks. What was recommended to me was finding a 2 piece that suits you best. This way when the blade goes soft, you can change to a new blade.

Right now, I have 5 OPS sticks beside my door. 2 Koho's with soft blades, 1 Vapor VII that is a heavy POS. 1 S17 but with a defence man's curve and gives me an awesome slapshot. and my newest stick Mac Daddy with a Kovelev curve. Gonna try that stick out tonight, along side my new RBK 9K pump skates.
Were you at Stick and Puck @ Richmond Ice Centre on Tuesday? I remember seeing White 9K skates and a Blue Mac Daddy grip. Can't remember if it was the same guy with both though.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Were you at Stick and Puck @ Richmond Ice Centre on Tuesday? I remember seeing White 9K skates and a Blue Mac Daddy grip. Can't remember if it was the same guy with both though.
Nope, wasn't me. My skates are black. Usually don't get to go out to stick and puck since I work days.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #109

for you Warrior stick users, what do you think about that Warrior Bentley stick?
Old 03-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #110

I tend to stay away from price point OPS. You'll get better performance out of a top of the line wood stick vs a cheap OPS. I've made the same suggestion to friends in the past but some disregard it and a week after owning their price point OPS they come back to me saying they wish they spent the little bit extra on a better stick.

For Warrior I'd get the Dolomite only. I haven't tried the Mac Daddy so I can't comment on how good/bad the stick is. I also wouldn't get the super expensive ones with the Spyne technology either like the Dolo Spyne or Kronik, since I think it's bullshit.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #111

Why not Mickey??? The more expensive your stick is.....the better your shot will be.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #112
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

quite often the high end woodys are much lighter than the 50 dollar one piece you get at Canadian Tire
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo_s13 View Post
quite often the high end woodys are much lighter than the 50 dollar one piece you get at Canadian Tire

I wish I took this bit of advice. I bought my Vapour VII because of the price point. It wasn't a bad stick, but was on the heavy side at over 500 g.

Right now, the Dolo and Mac's are at a good deal as they are clearing out last year's stock to make room for the new 09's. The 09's have a different colour scheme and have that spyne crap. Not sure what it is, but quite a few people on RS and my friends have said to stay away from them.

I ended up getting the Mac Daddy because they are a true one piece while the Dolo is a shaft and blade that was fused together. Either way, you won't regret these 2 sticks.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #114
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

One bad thing i learned about the macdaddy is that say you break the blade and want to stick in any tapered blade, you can't. Basically the stick's design won't allow you to put in a blade once you break the stick (unless you flip it over and stick a blade where the butt end would normally be, but who wants to do that?)
Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #115

^is that for macdadddy only? cause i want to look into investing a dolomite and if thats the same scenario..ill just buy the dolomite shaft.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #116

It's possible to put a blade into a Mac Daddy (Inno True-1) as seen in this picture (not mine.)

It just takes a lot of trial and error with cutting and trying to insert the blade.

As for the Dolomite I've had two friends who have snapped the blades in their OPS. The first one was near impossible to simply heat and remove the blade. He ended up cutting the blade off and slowly chipping and filing away at the inside of the shaft in order to fit a tapered blade. On the other hand my other friend made minor cuts at the fuse point, heated it up and pulled it out easily.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #117

whats a better buy to you guys:

warrior mac daddy for 189.99
or
warrior dolomite for 189.99

i use intermediate sticks. The warrior mac daddy for 189.99 was at THS (on sale).
The dolomite was at cyclone taylor and they only have 1 left.

Both the mac daddy and dolomite have the specs i wanted, fedorov/lie 4/ 60 or 70 flex (i'm a smaller/shorter guy).

The mac daddy seems to be the newer model and its priced the same as the older dolomite. mac daddy is lighter but has a mid-kick point.. the dolo has a low kick point which I am used to since my tps was a low kick point as well.

*edit* bought the dolo, the 60 was too flexy*

Last edited by v1nce; 03-07-2009 at 04:50 PM.
v1nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #118
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willinder View Post
they have warrior dolomite for 150 and mac daddy for 165 at ice level in richmond
Willinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #119
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

bought a dolomite today at sports exchange, and if the canucks win the stanley cup i get my money refunded LOL. hope it lasts a while. my last 2 sticks, the blades have crapped out on me. vapor XX blade cracked along the bottom edge after 3 games, rbk sickick toe cracked
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #120
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nce View Post
^is that for macdadddy only? cause i want to look into investing a dolomite and if thats the same scenario..ill just buy the dolomite shaft.
I only tried it for my macdaddy (yellow one). It was a solid stick, lasted me quite a while. I even bought another one after I broke the first one and I'd rock another one in a second. I'm sure the dolomite has this problem rectified though. And plus, they're on sale at THS.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #121

I love my Mac Daddy (blue one). And the sale price for them at Ice level and THS makes it a really good deal. Trying to decide if I should buy a couple more for just in case I break one.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #122
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
my last 2 sticks, the blades have crapped out on me. vapor XX blade cracked along the bottom edge after 3 games, rbk sickick toe cracked
I hate Bauer XXXX just for this. $225 my ass. It's great stick until you get the first chip on the toe. Once you get that, the blade deteriorates fast. I think I lost a whole 1/16 of the blade before I got a replacement for it.

Currently using a CCM U+. Chipped the toe in a game 2 -3 weeks ago. So far the chip hasn't spread.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #123
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Had the same issues w/ Bauer and Easton sticks. Once the blade starts to show any wear and chippage there isn't much life to it anymore and you might as well start searching for a new stick/replacement blade.

For the past little while I've been using Warrior dolomite shaft and blades. GREAT! The Warrior blade is one stiff ass blade that took a crap load of punishment.

Recently I made the switch to the most recent TPS R8 stick, so far preformance wise it's great, and at 430 something grams it's light as heck. (Very comparable to the Synergy SL that was my all time fav. stick.) Durability wise, don't know, haven't used them for too long yet, so we'll see. Bought three of the R8's online for a pretty good deal so even if it breaks I got back-up!
Wilso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #124

Im a TPS user....I use the R3....

I love these sticks. After using these....i realize theres no reason to spend more than 80-90 for a hockey stick for myself.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #125

Had all my gear out to dry so I decided to take a pic before putting everything back into the bag. My gear's changed quite a bit from this time last year, new skates, helmet, elbows, shins. Planning to buy a backup stick soon and new skates when these ones crap out. Deciding between getting XXXX on clearance from the States or buying a pair of Grafs and swapping LS2s on them.

btw the 4-rolls are for sale