REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #126
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

convert to the dark side mickey (grafs + ls2)
i want your 4rolls too
Advertisement
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #127
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Never worn Grafs, but I love my RBK 9K's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #128
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Some of you may remember, I'm in the market for higher end skates. Was looking at the CCM U+ or Bauer XXXX but I keep hearing so much noise about Grafs.

Whats the all the rage about them?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #129
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

+1 for the Graf's plus LS2 runners. I'm on Graf G35's w/ the ls2 and it's great! Only downfall is the carbon soles are starting to split/frill on the outside.

Mickz, those lightning plants are sick! Where'd you pick those up?
Wilso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #130

Just an FYI, THS has the Canuck's blue with logo Pro return hockey pants on their website.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #131
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso09 View Post
+1 for the Graf's plus LS2 runners. I'm on Graf G35's w/ the ls2 and it's great! Only downfall is the carbon soles are starting to split/frill on the outside.

Mickz, those lightning plants are sick! Where'd you pick those up?
Got hooked up by this guy on another forum that has an 'in' with getting Tampa gear. $100CAN brand new shipped but I had to drive down to Point Roberts to get them Can't beat the price for two piece pro pants, especially if they're Canadian Tacklas made by Vaughn, not the Made In Thailand bullshit.

Also love the fact that Tampa and VMHA team colors are the same.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #132

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
mickz you're ownin this thread! reppin MSH!
raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Some of you may remember, I'm in the market for higher end skates. Was looking at the CCM U+ or Bauer XXXX but I keep hearing so much noise about Grafs.

fit and comfort.
they're not the lightest skates, but the fit is undeniably superb!
but i can't say much about that with retail skates cause my are custom g70's for my wide wide wide wide feet.

steer clear of the U+ for now. no heel lock whatsoever and one of the least durable skates on the market. xxxx's are pretty sick too. find a pair that fits the best but don's hesitate slipping on a few grafs
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

Graf makes practically a model for every foot type so you're more likely to find a skate that fits well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
mickz you're ownin this thread! reppin MSH!
Some of those MSH guy's gear collections are too crazy for me. I need to get a nicer pair of skates though = (
Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #135

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Do any of you guys play drop in anywhere? Seasons over for me and I need some practice in before next!
raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #136
Need to Seek Professional Help

does anyone know where I could try on some TOUR inline skates? THS only has 1 model and not my size.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:01 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nce View Post
does anyone know where I could try on some TOUR inline skates? THS only has 1 model and not my size.
i do not know of any store that will carry tour. hmm any shops out in langley?
cause tour is known for their inline stuff and there really isnt too much of a specialized roller hockey shop here in vancouver
Old 03-13-2009, 12:36 AM   #138

That sucks. Do you know how they fit? I like the fitment of my nike bauer supreme jr comps so I'd like to keep it as similar to that. I have small but wide feet, and a very narrow heel.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nce View Post
That sucks. Do you know how they fit? I like the fitment of my nike bauer supreme jr comps so I'd like to keep it as similar to that. I have small but wide feet, and a very narrow heel.
http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...=44997&hl=tour

check that link out i dont think you need a membership to see that but it says:
"Tour and Bauer skates have similar sizing. Tour boots are a little wider than Bauer, but length are the same."
Old 03-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammerboi3 View Post
fsteer clear of the U+ for now. no heel lock whatsoever and one of the least durable skates on the market.
Noir, my last pair of skates uses a similar boot to the U+. They were total garbage once I got the skates broken in. Like nammerboi said, there is no heal lock, and for me my heal would rub till they blistered and there is nothing I could do to fit it. The heal part is a U shape or something like that.

Also, the sides of the boot would stretch and the threading would break. Supposedly, the new boots fixed this problem by replacing the threading with some coating or something like that.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #141
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Noir, my last pair of skates uses a similar boot to the U+. They were total garbage once I got the skates broken in. Like nammerboi said, there is no heal lock, and for me my heal would rub till they blistered and there is nothing I could do to fit it. The heal part is a U shape or something like that.

Also, the sides of the boot would stretch and the threading would break. Supposedly, the new boots fixed this problem by replacing the threading with some coating or something like that.
Yeah, no worries. The reason why I haven't delved into a new pair is because Hockey Shops are actually advising me that this is not the best time to buy a new pair. Considering it's season's end and they recommended waiting until the newer line comes out.

I'm only looking at CCM and Bauer as they are the lines I'm familiar with from experiences with other hockey related equipment such as sticks, helmets, pads, etc. And it's because of that reason why Graf skates are completely foreign to me. But ever since I've been on the market for skates, I've been hearing too much noise about Grafs to ignore.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammerboi3 View Post
http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...=44997&hl=tour

check that link out i dont think you need a membership to see that but it says:
"Tour and Bauer skates have similar sizing. Tour boots are a little wider than Bauer, but length are the same."
Hmm, it seems that Tour only has standard sizes. Do you think that being a bit wider, its equivalent to a E/EE size?
Old 03-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #143
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

i just purchased a pair of tour cobalt 8.8 roller blades

a few things i've noticed:

tour fits very narrow
definitely lighter then mission skates
my shoe size is 12, mission skates i use size 12, tour skates i use size 11
mission is a forward stance while tour is more of a rear stance
break in takes longer then mission skates

Last edited by frost91; 03-23-2009 at 09:27 PM.
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #144

would you say that tour is not for wide feet?
Old 03-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #145

mine are D in width, i've never tried but EE but it's to assume that it would not be much wider

hockeyworld.com offers pretty good return policy, if you were to buy from them i think you could return it easily if you didn't like the skates
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post

yeah this coating is the stuff on golf balls. that clear plastically stuff ! thats pretty cool.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #147

has anyone had their ice skates converted into roller? Did your skates tear apart pretty fast from dragging your foot/stopping? I'm pretty much on the urge to do it.. my feet don't like the feel of a inline boot so i'd prefer the ice boot feel.

I've read that applying the TOE PRO substance on the ice boot helps prevent tearing.

Anyways, just wanted your guys's opinion on this.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #148

okay a couple things, mission has the lightest boot on the market (other than converted ice boots) tour is a very nice boot, not as stiff as a mission boot, but very solid. Tour is heavier by about 50 grams. I already weighed the top of the line mission boss black and the top of the line tour. Also the reason why the missions are a "forward stance" in frost91's post is cause they have the HI-LO chassis so all your big wheels are in the back, and the smaller ones in the front, its suppose to give you a little more of an "edge" the tour skates give you a Hummer chassis which is 80mm wheels all the way around, i found that the hummer gives you a lot more speed but cutting and turning is a little less responsive.

and frost, just a question did you bake the tours? cause for all the newer inline's it is recommended that you bake the boot to your foot

v1nce: I have converted both my one90's and my rbk 9k's into rollers, and have no problems what so ever... i think my rbk 9k's feel a lot better than the one90's... my rbk 9k's have a sprung chassis and the one90's have the mission vanguard chassis. the 9k skate feels much more like an ice skate, and i do think the sprung chassis helps with that..
KDawG[CRX] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #149

yea i read about the sprung chassis, but there is no jr size that they make or else i would of got that. i'm thinking about getting the mission magnesium vanguard chassis.but don't really know if its worth the money compared to the normal mission aluminum hi-lo chassis.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #150

i didn't bake them but i did try using the blow dry method (purchased skates online), it has worked for me in the pass with mission skates but it hasn't with the tours

is there anywhere i can bring my skates in to bake? i didn't want to stick them in the oven at home