REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #901
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
ABS blades are by far the best for street hockey. We've tried wooden and composite blades on the street, and it isn't pretty. Composite will chip and crack away. Wood will wear down fast and splinter. Using tape is a waste of time. One slapper and its gone.
Advertisement
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #902

I bought this thing called the 'Rocket Dryer' at Ice Level Sports last month. Considering i have had many issues in the past airing out my gear in my storage locker at my apartment, and in my garage at my house....

This item is very space saving, and portable so you can even take this with you on ski trips.

My gear is dry and odor free in 45 minutes. Definitely worth my $100

Rocket Sport Dryer
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #903
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Looking to start selling my huge stash of gear... anyone interested? A couple pairs of gloves and visors (both CSA and non-CSA certified cuts available.)
Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #904
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
what kinda gloves?
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #905
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
What kinda visors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #906

Selling off a couple extra pairs of Canucks gloves I have (T1's and X60s.) Gloves have been tried on at home but never used on the ice. Looking to recoop some money from the mid-season equipment sale.

I have two Oakley Pro Straight with vents (924) and some Bauer pro straights. Looking to sell the 924s off first. Not sure if any of this is of interest to you guys.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #907
RS controls my life!

just got the Easton E700 helmet with the Bauer Re-AKT cage....thing is light as fcuk!
wc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #908
Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Selling off a couple extra pairs of Canucks gloves I have (T1's and X60s.) Gloves have been tried on at home but never used on the ice. Looking to recoop some money from the mid-season equipment sale.

I have two Oakley Pro Straight with vents (924) and some Bauer pro straights. Looking to sell the 924s off first. Not sure if any of this is of interest to you guys.
length of gloves?
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #909

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
I am trying to unload a Bauer Vapor XXXX Shoulder Pad size XL and pair of Bauer Supreme One95 Hockey Pants SZ XL...both worn less than 5 times....anybody interested? fire me a PM and make me an offer, right now they are just taking up space...
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:51 AM   #910

Both gloves are 14". Looking for $200 on the Total ONEs (they are Hank/Danny's.) Bought them on an absolute impulse... I might keep the X60s, not sure yet.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #911
Mod.

I'm looking for a new stick for ice. I really like the dolomite, but want to try a different brand. Anyone product experts give me any advice?
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #912
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
I'm looking for a new stick for ice. I really like the dolomite, but want to try a different brand. Anyone product experts give me any advice?
I rock a Dolo 2 piece, and I've tried a few other sticks from teammages (APX, Total One, One95, Kronik, ST, SE16, AK27, Dolo one-piece)

Nothing really beats the Dolo in terms of shot pop to me except the one95 and to a lesser extent, the TO. The one95 was an awesome stick though- slap shots were automatic. And that puck feel

I actually found the APX to be too light. Puck feel was ok though.

Price to performance though (if you're on a budget), the dolos are hard to beat.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #913
UFO

I like my Base stick. Pretty good value for buying locally
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #914
Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
I rock a Dolo 2 piece, and I've tried a few other sticks from teammages (APX, Total One, One95, Kronik, ST, SE16, AK27, Dolo one-piece)

Nothing really beats the Dolo in terms of shot pop to me except the one95 and to a lesser extent, the TO. The one95 was an awesome stick though- slap shots were automatic. And that puck feel

I actually found the APX to be too light. Puck feel was ok though.

Price to performance though (if you're on a budget), the dolos are hard to beat.
I know. The problem is that I'm too much of a cheapass to buy one locally when I can get 2 online for the same price. Sucks that they don't have my curve anymore so now I gotta go find a different curve Was thinking of a Supreme stick, but I NEVER take slappers and all I do is wristers. Considering trying the old x40
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #915

Quote:
I know. The problem is that I'm too much of a cheapass to buy one locally when I can get 2 online for the same price. Sucks that they don't have my curve anymore so now I gotta go find a different curve Was thinking of a Supreme stick, but I NEVER take slappers and all I do is wristers. Considering trying the old x40
What curve did Warrior drop? Bauer added a bunch of new curves so maybe there's something close with Bauer?

The TOne is a good stick for pretty much everything. Wristers will be solid. Snappers just won't be as quick off the stick or with as much pop as a low-kick stick like your dolo. If I had to choose a current stick that isn't the dolo, I'd probably go TOne.

To be fair, I haven't tried the new Easton Mako or the RS, though I hear horror stories about the RS durability.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #916
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
What curve did Warrior drop? Bauer added a bunch of new curves so maybe there's something close with Bauer?

The TOne is a good stick for pretty much everything. Wristers will be solid. Snappers just won't be as quick off the stick or with as much pop as a low-kick stick like your dolo. If I had to choose a current stick that isn't the dolo, I'd probably go TOne.

To be fair, I haven't tried the new Easton Mako or the RS, though I hear horror stories about the RS durability.
They are all different in their own unique way. The RS is a really good stick for people who loves their wrist shots.
Durability is poor. I went through 2 RS's in 3 months. First one broke in the middle from a slapper after 2 months of use and then the warranty stick broke in the middle from a slash as I was reaching for a loose puck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #917
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Just used my new pair of APX gloves, really light and good protection! Only thing i'm not a fan of is the grip on the palm.
alanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #918
Mod.

Quote:

curve wasn't dropped. shoulda been more clear, the curve is officially sold out is what i meant lol
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #919

Quote:
curve wasn't dropped. shoulda been more clear, the curve is officially sold out is what i meant lol
What curve are you looking for?

I'm waiting for my blade to break/go soft so I can try a Gionta. Though a touch open and it would be my dream curve. I've never used a toe-curve before.

Damn SE16 blades and their durability
Old 06-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #920
Mod.

lol fuck i forgot to say it agian lol it was the draper curve
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #921
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

For anyone wanting info on the mako..best stick I have used hands down. Like the RS, it tends to get whippier over time. I use a 75 flex and was spot on at first, now it feels about a 65-70 which I personally don't mind it at all. Shaft of the stick has held up WAY better than what I expected..nothing major other than the white paint coming off from slashes. The blade is where the problem begins. The toe of the blade is splitting right down the center and continues to get larger after every game. I'm trying to preserve the stick for as long as possible since I don't have warranty on it anymore but i feel the blade will eventually go sometime this summer

just a little review if anyone was interested in buying one. Don't let my story deter you from getting one. Like I said, best stick I have used and I've tried many sticks (S19, x60, widow, eq50, friends RS)
pinke is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #922
x_x

May i ask how many games you've played with it? How far in did you start to notice the whip increase, and blade splitting? Do you tape the toe?

I find the blades of my sticks last longer if i tape them up well. I always go from heel to toe leaving no part exposed. Really helps to prevent chips and cracks.

Got my APX (85 flex) as a gift in January and have used it for atleast 25-30 games since (maybe more), still going strong. I take occasional clappers but mostly snaps and wristers. Havent noticed much wear at all to be honest. I try and flex my blade every so often to feel for wear but its still holding up very well along with the shaft.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #923

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinke View Post
For anyone wanting info on the mako..best stick I have used hands down. Like the RS, it tends to get whippier over time. I use a 75 flex and was spot on at first, now it feels about a 65-70 which I personally don't mind it at all. Shaft of the stick has held up WAY better than what I expected..nothing major other than the white paint coming off from slashes. The blade is where the problem begins. The toe of the blade is splitting right down the center and continues to get larger after every game. I'm trying to preserve the stick for as long as possible since I don't have warranty on it anymore but i feel the blade will eventually go sometime this summer

just a little review if anyone was interested in buying one. Don't let my story deter you from getting one. Like I said, best stick I have used and I've tried many sticks (S19, x60, widow, eq50, friends RS)
Is the Mako the SE16 successor? If so I'd be interested in getting one. Picked one up in store the other day- it's nicely balanced. Feels much better in hands than the APX.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #924
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Just an fyi, the hockey shop has Luongo stuff on sale for 50% off.
I was tempted to buy a jersey to wear when I'm playing for fun. $80 for a #1 jersey with Lu's name isn't bad. As long as I can unstitch the name.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #925

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Is the Mako the SE16 successor? If so I'd be interested in getting one. Picked one up in store the other day- it's nicely balanced. Feels much better in hands than the APX.
Yes...sorta, EQ50 replaced the SE16, and Mako replaced the EQ50 more or less
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote