REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:20 AM   #2701
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
If you worked in that field previously you should be very familiar with what a "duty to warn" is and how many of them are carried out on a monthly basis.
I don't work with these guys, but I do have friends and teammates who are involved in the various levels of policing. Even they admit that it's a hard job to keep up with the streets. A new kid could make his mark with a brazen shooting, and no one would see it coming. For the most part, the police are there to clean up the mess and that has to be frustrating. Even if they do everything in their power to get these guys, the courts may not feel that long term incarceration is necessary.

It's a tough job to be a cop out there. Some of the stories they tell make my most exciting day at work look like a day of napping in comparison.
Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #2702
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
If you hit someone and they die, that leads to a murder charge and then you're stuck in prison for the rest of your days like that crooked-eye Bacon.

These fools are just shooting in the general area of their enemies. Hoping to scare them while flexing pew pew muscle. Murder puts you away for life. Anything else (trafficking, firearms offenses...)you can get released from prison. You learn from the mistakes of others in the same business. Even drug business.
I think you're giving them to much credit, they aren't that smart.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #2703
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Well I work in a section that does active surveillance on all these guys and what you're saying discredits millions of dollars of work that goes into exactly the opposite... And of course the police care if these guys shoot at each other, maybe they're all a bunch of scumbags but if someone innocent dies as a result that's a lot of motivation to care what's happening and do something about it.

If you worked in that field previously you should be very familiar with what a "duty to warn" is and how many of them are carried out on a monthly basis.
Lets be real. Cops are all over the place, we see them day to day. But we see the majority of them doing useless crap, thus why we as car enthusiasts always have the running line of "Why are there so many cops doing radar instead of trying to hunt down killers?"

Seeing "Another Shooting in Surrey" and then driving by 5 cops all at a single radar trap kind of pisses off the public. Until results are made by RCMP, nobody is going to give them a break.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #2704
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
...then driving by 5 cops all at a single radar trap kind of pisses off the public. Until results are made by RCMP, nobody is going to give them a break.
5 cops at a radar trap are traffic cops. They are supposed to piss you off if you can't drive. That's their job.

Gang task force deals with gang shit. Sex crimes units investigate sex crimes. It's not that hard to figure out. Even a dumbass like me gets it.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2015, 03:38 PM   #2705
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Well I work in a section that does active surveillance on all these guys and what you're saying discredits millions of dollars of work that goes into exactly the opposite... And of course the police care if these guys shoot at each other, maybe they're all a bunch of scumbags but if someone innocent dies as a result that's a lot of motivation to care what's happening and do something about it.

yes, attorneys try to abide by such a duty as well, my issue is more along the lines of solving crimes, and refraining from telling the public 'nothing to worry about here' or 'they're known to police' as that 'known to police' line is misleading and has been used disingenuously.

bystanders/innocents have been hit more often than people assume but the work put into solving the crimes is only marginally improved and even then it's far from enough, all you hear is "oh it's too hard", "oh when we try to solve things the suspects are killed or run off by the time we get close" that's the job! the difficulty is a given! and for the odd time when they do get results, they handled the investigation improperly and that's where those cases fail in the courtroom (due to their mistakes) so many cases don't make it far due to improper investigation, no wonder they find it so hard to solve cases, it's because of their piss poor work

/rant

Another shooting this time in poco

Shooting in Port Coquitlam - News1130

Quote:
PORT COQUITLAM (NEWS 1130) – A man has been shot in a quiet neighbourhood in Port Coquitlam.

The man was rushed to the hospital after being hit by gunfire around 5 a.m. in the area of Cambridge Street and Manning Avenue.

He is expected to be okay.

There’s no word on any arrests.

Anyone with information is asked to call Coquitlam RCMP at (604) 945-1550 or Crime Stoppers.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #2706
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post

Gang task force deals with gang shit. Sex crimes units investigate sex crimes. It's not that hard to figure out. Even a dumbass like me gets it.
i think what hes saying is take some of those cops off of radar and have the gang task force grow while its such an issue.

kinda like when a huge line opens up at a grocery store.. they get a guy to put down a broom and get behind a second till.

its called priorities and all companies do it. right now there is a shortage that needs to be met and prioritized.

i understand im comparing apples to oranges but the same basic principle stands
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #2707

Surrey/Delta

Quote:
SURREY (NEWS 1130) – Police were busy with a pair of shots fired calls south of the Fraser early this morning.

Surrey RCMP say someone was firing a gun in Whalley around 140th Street and 104th just before 1am but don’t believe anyone was hurt.

Delta police were called out to 120th Street and 80th Avenue just over an hour later for reports of shots fired but couldn’t find any shell casings.

Police don’t have a motive in either case but aren’t linking them to the ongoing turf war in the two communities.
Shots fired south of the Fraser - News1130
Old 06-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #2708
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Surrey RCMP say someone was firing a gun in Whalley around 140th Street and 104th just before 1am but don’t believe anyone was hurt.
What is that, 1 minute drive from the Police Station in Guildford? Fucks could be given.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #2709

yesterday, 4 ppl were shot...

oh looks like there was an article, which said only 2 people were shot
Quote:
SURREY (NEWS 1130) – Part of a cul-de-sac in Surrey was behind yellow police tape as investigators looked into the latest round of gun violence in Metro Vancouver.

Multiple shots rang out on Iona Place near 124th Street just blocks from LA Matheson Secondary School around 1 a.m. When officers got there they found two men with gunshot wounds. One of them has serious injuries, while the other has minor wounds.

“Surrey RCMP is investigating this matter thoroughly with the Serious Crime Unit and Forensic Identification Services still on scene,” says Cpl. Scotty Schumann. “Officers will be combing the area to identify more witnesses and any evidence. This appears to have been a targeted shooting and police don’t believe there is any further risk to the public.”

Neighbours say they heard several gunshots and they call the home in question a ‘half-way house.’

There have been nearly 40 shootings in Surrey and Delta since March — nearly half of those have been linked to an ongoing turf war among low-level drug dealers. Police say, at this point, there is no indication this violence is linked to that war.
http://www.news1130.com/2015/06/26/a...ing-in-surrey/

Also a guy was beaten in surrey, last night, in a backyard, in hospital with life threatening injuries
http://www.news1130.com/2015/06/27/a...s-to-hospital/
Old 06-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #2710
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
So much of this is fueled by how much cocaine is used in the downtown lifestyle.

20-25 year old girls suck and fuck dudes in their 40s who pay for everything at da club and keep the blow flowing alllllllll night long.

People doubt me that this happens, but in urban social circles cocaine and young sluts are as ubiquitous as Macbooks in cafes.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #2711
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Oh, if I had a dollar for every young, entitled, non-smoking vegan I've met who claims their mind, body and soul is a beacon of health. Then someone pulls out a little flappy flap and hello!!

Last edited by adambomb; 06-28-2015 at 07:34 AM.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 12:55 PM   #2712

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
People doubt me that this happens, but in urban social circles cocaine and young sluts are as ubiquitous as Macbooks in cafes.
i dont think anyone doubts that? that's like the MO of bar sluts no?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #2713

stabbing in metrotown not too long ago, looks like it was by the VS Pink store (not the VS store)
Old 06-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #2714
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
i dont think anyone doubts that? that's like the MO of bar sluts no?

So many professional women(and men) use cocaine. I was banging the hell out of a local actress and her and all of her friends are massive cokeheads.

Funny thing is, if you met any of these people they would categorically deny using it and say how terrible it is.

Oh, and of course she was into juicing, yoga and a ton of other "healthy" things while ramming blow up her nose from random dealers. I had to distance myself from her because I wrote my book to get away from that lifestyle and when you socialize downtown it tries to drag you back in.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #2715
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
stabbing in metrotown not too long ago, looks like it was by the VS Pink store (not the VS store)

Killer sale???
Old 06-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #2716

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
So many professional women(and men) use cocaine. I was banging the hell out of a local actress and her and all of her friends are massive cokeheads.

Funny thing is, if you met any of these people they would categorically deny using it and say how terrible it is.

Oh, and of course she was into juicing, yoga and a ton of other "healthy" things while ramming blow up her nose from random dealers. I had to distance myself from her because I wrote my book to get away from that lifestyle and when you socialize downtown it tries to drag you back in.
i guess i should have rephrased and not used bar sluts but rather 'partyers'

but yes coke seems to be a very popular party drug almost or as much? as it was in the 80s and it's not just coke -_- it's a bit unnerving really
Old 06-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #2717

Quote:
it was in front of the build-a-bear, victim is in critical condition

Quote:
Police closed off part of the ground floor of Metrotown Shopping Centre after an apparent stabbing outside the Build-A-Bear Workshop there just before 5 p.m. Saturday.
BC Ambulance has confirmed that one person was transported to hospital in critical condition after the incident.
Stabbing at Metrotown Shopping Centre | CTV Vancouver News
Old 06-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #2718
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
fucking Canada Line
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 06:24 PM   #2719

This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #2720
Banned (ABWS)

OMFG!!!
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #2721

Looks like there was a shooting yesterday, didn't hear about it, and a stabbing

More violence in Surrey overnight | Vancouver Sun

Quote:
Surrey RCMP is investigating another shooting and a near-fatal stabbing in which the victim is refusing to cooperate with police.

The shooting happened at 3:20 a.m. in the 15700-block of Fraser Highway when the occupants of a black Dodge Durango started fired at a black Nissan Maxima.

“Two separate persons from the Durango shot at the Maxima before driving away eastbound. The Maxima gave chase in the hopes of obtaining a licence plate number and the Durango began firing at them again,” Cpl. Scotty Schumann said in a news release. “The Maxima broke off the chase and the Durango was last seen heading westbound on Fraser Highway. The occupants of the Maxima called police and were located unharmed.”

Schumann said that it was fortunate no one was hurt in the shooting.

“Our investigators are now searching the route for surveillance camera footage and will be completing a forensic examination of the victim’s vehicle. Investigators are still combing Fraser Highway for evidence and motorists may experience some delays in the area,” he said.

Mounties in Surrey are also investigating after a man was dropped off at a local hospital with stab wounds.

The victim arrived in the emergency ward just after 11 p.m. Monday.

The 29-year-old, who’s known to police, was in critical condition with a wound to his abdomen, Schumann said.

“The victim is not cooperating with police. Surrey RCMP has obtained surveillance video from the hospital showing that the victim was dropped off by a grey or green Ford F150 pickup truck. The licence plate was not visible and the driver did not remain to assist police,” he said.

He said the investigation will be difficult without the victim’s assistance.

“Nevertheless, we will continue to investigate this matter thoroughly in an effort to find the suspect and hold them to account,” he said.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:28 PM   #2722
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
Man these guys are dolts, half of Surrey's intersections have high def cameras now they literally can't drive anywhere there without giving up their plate on CCTV. Within 5 years it's going to be 100% of intersections... It's meant for traffic analysis / re-routing but useful for these and accident circumstances as well.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #2723
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
not cooperating?

dont treat them at the hospital!

i guess that'd be too cruel by today's standards though
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #2724
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts