REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:05 AM   #2626
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Body found on the street in Burnaby - BC | Globalnews.ca

Not really a shooting, but they found a body lying in the middle of the street by Moscrop & Smith Ave in Burnaby. Cause of death is unknown at the moment, but it's concerning because it's only a few blocks from where I live and there are 2 elementary schools within a few blocks of there
Advertisement
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:58 AM   #2627
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
it's only a few blocks from where I live and there are 2 elementary schools within a few blocks of there
Word on the street is that the guy messed with the wrong grade 5 kids.
Cause of death will be determined to be an atomic wedgie.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #2628
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Body found on the street in Burnaby - BC | Globalnews.ca

Not really a shooting, but they found a body lying in the middle of the street by Moscrop & Smith Ave in Burnaby. Cause of death is unknown at the moment, but it's concerning because it's only a few blocks from where I live and there are 2 elementary schools within a few blocks of there
In the video they show a house that were another murder happened a couple of years ago when the son crawled to the steps of his parents house looking for help.
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #2629
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Delta Police officer has been charged, today, for a shooting that happened in 2013...a passenger was shot while the officer was investigating a car parked in a strip mall in front of a subway restaurant

Delta police officer charged with firearm offence after Surrey incident

May sound familiar but this is a seperate case from the one from last October when another Delta officer was charged with murder
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #2630
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
about fcking time. its almost like they arnt even trying to aim

An early-morning incident at approximately 3 a.m. near 126 Street and 88a Avenue has claimed the life of one individual. The victim was sent to hospital, but later succumbed to his injuries.

Several shots were fired in the incident, which involved a vehicle crash. RCMP have cordoned off the intersection and a part of the adjacent strip mall; the area will be closed until further notice.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #2631
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

One man dead in latest Surrey gunfire | News1130

Quote:
SURREY (NEWS1130) – The latest round of gunfire in Surrey has left one man dead.

Just before 3 a.m., neighbours flooded 911 with reports of shots fired near 126th Street near 88th Avenue.

When officers got there they found one man, badly hurt, he was rushed to the hospital where he died shortly after.

Sergeant Stephanie Ashton with the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team is asking anyone with information to tell them. “This is not magic, we can’t solve crime unless the public works with us to do so. Someone out there knows something about what happened, those people need to come forward and tell us what they know.”

She adds the public is not at risk because this was a targeted hit.

There have been nearly two dozen shootings in the Surrey-North Delta area since early March.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #2632
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
2 dozen shootings.. damn. i wonder how many people are legit scared and are trying to get out of surrey or just avoiding it all together? lol.

i personally go through the parts of surrey where the shootings have been occurring almost every day and honestly, i have yet to fear for my life. why? because i dont associate with idiots like these guys and its just these little dime bag dealing shit heads popping each other. its likely a turf war or idiots just trying to raise their street cred.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #2633
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I live in the area where this shooting happened. It hasn't changed the way I live my life.
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #2634
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
24 shootings and one death? These guys need to go to Brazil and get some work experience.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2015, 10:24 AM   #2635

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saveth View Post
I live in the area where this shooting happened. It hasn't changed the way I live my life.
Thank you.

And I'm certain, that you aren't worried about being shot or that any of your family members will be shot.

In the last 10-20 years, I'd ask people to look at the number of casualties that have occurred in the gang warfare locally in our cities. Out of the 100's of gangsters that have been gunned down, maybe 5 innocent casualties have occurred. (Some of which I might add, had some sort of association with the gangsters targeted, whether they were in the lifestyle themselves or not).

I don't know why we make such a big deal about gangsters killing gangsters. Cleaning up the streets the best and easiest way possible. Let me know when there is a serial killer out killing random and innocent people and I'll start worrying about my neighbourhood.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #2636
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Lol new Surrey mayor is a fucking joke. Platform is all about safety and crime fighting and you don't comment for weeks after 20 shootings? Then you say low level crime like murders aren't your concern and it's an rcmp issue? Lol
Old 04-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #2637
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Thank you.

And I'm certain, that you aren't worried about being shot or that any of your family members will be shot.

In the last 10-20 years, I'd ask people to look at the number of casualties that have occurred in the gang warfare locally in our cities. Out of the 100's of gangsters that have been gunned down, maybe 5 innocent casualties have occurred. (Some of which I might add, had some sort of association with the gangsters targeted, whether they were in the lifestyle themselves or not).

I don't know why we make such a big deal about gangsters killing gangsters. Cleaning up the streets the best and easiest way possible. Let me know when there is a serial killer out killing random and innocent people and I'll start worrying about my neighbourhood.
I agree for the most part but there are always cases of people that get caught in it who aren't involved. The Surrey 6 murders, 2 innocent people died. I remember during the Johal bullshit some guy getting shot dead in his truck because he drove the same truck as the guy targeted, I remember another guy getting shot walking his dog same thing.

As much as innocent people aren't the target and aren't often hit it does happen. One innocent victim getting killed is 1 to many IMO no matter how slim the chance. Would I be scared of getting shot walking around Surrey? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol new Surrey mayor is a fucking joke. Platform is all about safety and crime fighting and you don't comment for weeks after 20 shootings? Then you say low level crime like murders aren't your concern and it's an rcmp issue? Lol
Totally agree, if it's not her problem who's problem is it? The RCMP work for the Citizens of Surrey and who is there representative/voice? We all know who it's suppose to be.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #2638
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Life must have been so hard. The family must have struggled to put food on the table day after day and drug dealing was the only way to feed the family.

Quote:
...we reached the tipping point long before the death of 22-year-old Arun Bains yesterday. The BC NDP has confirmed he was the nephew of Surrey-Newton MLA Harry Bains. Police believe Arun Bains was killed in a targeted shooting.
http://www.news1130.com/2015/04/20/e...ge-1/#comments

Last edited by adambomb; 04-20-2015 at 04:03 PM.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #2639
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Apparently her approach is that crime statistics in Surrey are "over-reported" and that her commenting on it only brings more negative publicity to the city. And it is the job of the RCMP to publicly comment regarding violent crimes instead of, oh hmm, you know, the figurehead of the city.

Nice to know that her city's "publicity" (which is already pretty shitty in the eyes of the average Joe) is more important than having insightful discussions regarding why the crime rates in Surrey are so high relative to the surrounding municipalities as well as how to deal with it...

Looks more to me like the classic tactic of "if we don't talk about it, it will somehow cease to exist". What a load of BS.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:49 PM   #2640
I am Hook'd on RS

BC shooting victim 'fine young man,' 'loved by everybody,' says family

I knew this kid, dont see how they can say he was all innocent, fine and young with a bright future.

He was a total lil gangbanger

He had like everything... things 99% of kids his age wouldnt have. I dont think his family is stinking rich. Obvious where that came from.
d1gbick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #2641

not a shooting but a guy (who may have mental health issues) was stabbed at the food court in metrotown last night by 2 males

Stabbing at busy Metrotown food court - News1130

Quote:
BURNABY (NEWS1130) – It was a shocking scene for people grabbing a bite at the Metrotown food court last night.
Burnaby RCMP Staff Sergeant Major John Buis says a 36-year-old man was stabbed in front of dozens of people.

“The male had lost a large amount of blood but was conscious. Initial indication was that he had been stabbed by two unknown white male suspects.”

The victim was rushed to the hospital and he is expected to make a full recovery, but Buis isn’t sure if this was a random attack.

“We don’t know and we’re trying to interview witnesses as well as review any videotape in the area. There may be some mental health issues with the victim that we’re not able to get across any of the information from him.”

No one has been arrested.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #2642
RS controls my life!

Anybody have info on the new shooting out in Surrey? Just heard bits on radio saying there is a clip of it.
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:11 AM   #2643

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeryusx View Post
Anybody have info on the new shooting out in Surrey? Just heard bits on radio saying there is a clip of it.
there's been several shootings in Surrey since this thread was last updated, but no reports of anyone getting hit (that i'm aware of) until today... 3 people injured this morning

edit: more info in this article
Quote:
Two men and a woman sustained injuries in a shooting inside a Surrey home early Friday.
Neighbours of the residence in the 10400-block of 128th Street called 911 about 5:50 a.m. after hearing “gunshots, glass breaking and yelling,” Surrey RCMP Sgt. Dale Carr said in a release.
Carr said a variety of police teams headed to the scene, including dogs, who located a man in his mid-twenties with gunshot wounds near the house.
“Around the same time an adult male and female, both in their mid-twenties arrived at a local area hospital. That male had also been shot and the female had a minor injury,” Carr said.
He said the injuries “do not appear to be life-threatening, but their medical condition is still being evaluated.”
All three are known to police. He said the victims and witnesses are currently being interviewed.
“The Surrey RCMP believes this was not a random attack and that there is
no further risk to the public,” Carr said.
Police will remain on the scene for much of Friday, doing forensic analysis, gathering evidence,
and canvassing the neighborhood.
Carr said no arrests have been made.
Anyone with more information is asked to contact the Surrey RCMP at
604-599-0502.
There is no information so far on whether this incident is related to a rash of recent shootings across Surrey and North Delta.
http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2015/0...-early-friday/

Three people hurt in Surrey shooting - News1130
Old 05-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #2644
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Lol that fucking area like 104 in whalley then up to King George/Scott road area is like south central Jesus, what a shit area
Old 05-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #2645
Banned (ABWS)

im part of reason why of this shootings, this is just the dope game goes
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:23 PM   #2646
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondragon99 View Post
im part of reason why of this shootings, this is just the dope game goes
I'm calling the internet police.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:09 PM   #2647
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
People sometimes underestimate just how extreme the white trash in Surrey gets
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:29 PM   #2648
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I'm calling the internet police.
I think we should call the grammar police first
iHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #2649

sooo.... some tatted guy & girl with a pitbull in their suv shot at police and are on the run in the lower mainland and involved in numerous hit&runs

Quote:
NEW WESTMINSTER (NEWS1130) – Police in the Lower Mainland are trying to track down a man who pointed a gun at an officer in New West and pulled the trigger.

Sergeant Chad Johnson with New West Police says it all started with an officer approaching a car where two people were sleeping. “The one member approached the vehicle and made verbal contact with the male driver of the vehicle who produced a firearm and pointed it at the police officer and pulled trigger. The firearm did not discharge thankfully. ”

The car then sped off through Burnaby and Vancouver, and was last seen around 11am at Southeast Marine Drive and Inverness Street.

As a result of speeding away from police, the car has been involved in a number of hit and runs and will have some damage.

It’s described as a White 4-Door Buick Lacrosse, displaying Alberta license plate, J33 225. If you see it, do not approach, and call 911 immediately.

Police say the suspect inside is heavily tattooed, has dark hair and a soul patch.

A female passenger with orange-red hair, as well as a pitbull, is also believed to be in the car.
Police searching for man who tried to shoot at an officer - News1130

Also in Poco

There's also been 2 separate, unrelated, stabbings up at Whistler, one of them resulted in the death of a teen

Last edited by StylinRed; 05-18-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:10 PM   #2650

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
sooo.... some tatted guy & girl with a pitbull in their suv shot at police and are on the run in the lower mainland and involved in numerous hit&runs

Police searching for man who tried to shoot at an officer - News1130

Also in Poco

https://twitter.com/ScanBC/status/600453650251706368

There's also been 2 separate, unrelated, stabbings up at Whistler, one of them resulted in the death of a teen
fuck, i hope the dog is ok!
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: