REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #1376
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverman View Post
where does it said he's dead? it said he got 30 month with 2 month already served
That article is from 2009
Advertisement
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #1377
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
hes just a little street level guy
sometimes the street level guys are the toughest or bosses

you have the option to be a retailer or a distributor or a wholesaler or all of the above

walmart/mcdonalds are retailers but the wholesalers/distributors are their bitches

but then theres the govt that's always on top

wow.... that's actually a great example

think i need a nap

Side note i wonder if this Nournia guy got hassled with Narnia jokes
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #1378
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
from those sounds of the original charges he was obviously just working a line/shack
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #1379

^^ oh werd i was just speaking generally
Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #1380

breaking news just reported on CBC

shooting in surrey (delta?) 99th ave and 119 st looks like that's right off Scott Road

Quote:
One man is in hospital after what appears to be a drive-by shooting in Surrey on Thursday afternoon.

Police learned of the incident around 5 p.m. when an on-duty Surrey RCMP officer driving down 99th Avenue near 119th Street noticed two people carrying someone who appeared to be injured, said Insp. Dave Attfield of the Surrey RCMP.

"He just happened to be driving down the street, noticed something strange, turned around, asked what was going on and was informed by the victim's friends that he was wounded," Attfield said.

They told him the incident began when the victim and a female friend were walking down the street toward another friend's home.

A dark truck or SUV then came from the west, headed toward Scott Road, and someone inside the vehicle shot the victim and fled, Attfield said.

Other friends of the victim, who live nearby, then came to assist.

The victim was stabilized and taken to hospital. Attfield did not know the extent of his injuries.

A block of 99th Avenue was cordoned as investigators scoured the scene for clues. Three evidence markers, likely used to mark bullet casings, were visible.

The presence of Gang Task Force members sparked speculation that it was a gang-related shooting, however Attfield said the members just happened to be in the area at the time.

At this point, the victim is not cooperating with the investigation.

Police are asking anyone who may have heard a gunshot, or seen a suspicious vehicle, to call Surrey RCMP.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/hospital...#ixzz1EwBIdDJj

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-24-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #1381
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Not really a shooting but a shootout on King George and Hwy 10

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Sus...927/story.html

Quote:
SURREY — A man is dead after a car chase and shootout with police in Surrey, the RCMP announced Thursday.

The Mounties' Surrey detachment issued a statement saying officers stopped a white Chrysler 300 around 11 p.m. Wednesday in White Rock near the U.S. border. The responding officer noticed the suspect, an unidentified lone male, had a gun and called for backup before the suspect fled the scene.

Another officer saw the vehicle speeding about 10 kilometres north of where it was first pulled over and laid a spike belt across the road to stop the fleeing car, the statement said.

The suspect's vehicle collided with the squad car, at which point "the occupant of the fleeing vehicle became engaged in a lethal confrontation with our uniformed member with what is believed to be an assault rifle," the statement said.

"Multiple gunshots" were fired in the shootout, in which the suspect was killed and pronounced dead at the scene.

The RCMP said they found both an assault rifle and a handgun near the victim.

No police were injured in the incident.

The Surrey RCMP serious crimes unit is currently investigating the case, but the New Westminster Police Service will be the independent police agency to conduct the investigation.

At last report, the intersection of King George Boulevard and Highway 10 remains closed due to the ongoing investigation.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/shot+dead...#ixzz1FYVL6JXi

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #1382

what a moron... why in the hell would he get in a shootout with the police???

it'd make more sense just to take the gun charges ... hell even if he had a car full of drugs it'd make more sense to just get arrested...

why in the hell would you get in a shootout oO does he think this is Mexico or something...

what a nut job
Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #1383
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Having a gun and assault rifle within reach, there's a good chance he was on his way to start some shit or he really was that stupid. Either way, good on the coppers for taking him down.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #1384
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Cop-assisted suicide?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #1385
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Traffic is all fucked up cuz of this
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #1386
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

nice, one less dirtbag to worry about
Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #1387
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
It was pretty nuts i live right there, the helicopter was out till about 1am. I walked by there and looked and it looked like they laid spike strips to stop the guy.

i just really fucking hope he wasnt brown... all though the chase started in white rock so hopefully he is white.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #1388

Dealin white rock
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #1389
SDU
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Did anyone see that picture of a police tank?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4377899.bin.jpg (35.4 KB, 0 views)
SDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #1390
My homepage has been set to RS

damn thats some hollywood shit
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #1391
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDU View Post
Did anyone see that picture of a police tank?
i seen that same tank in Richmond last year tripped me the fuck out it was driving around..
PinoyDrifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #1392

Apparently he had an AR-15 Assault rifle and a pistol on his lap, very odd set of circumstances/sequences of events.
shawnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #1393
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Driving an ugly Chrysler 300 with blacked out tails. How heat is that?
This is right by my house too, like 5-10 minutes away wow.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #1394

Anyone who lives in the area did you hear gun shots about an hour after the incident?

apparently people are saying there were 3-4 shots in the same area after the police had the place cordoned off

conspiracy theorists are saying the cops let off some shells of the victims gun to make it look like a shootout instead of the officer just choosing to kill the guy

this is off the comments section of the sun

another guy is saying that the guy killed is a Game Tight Soldier who was a rat and was being chased hence the guns beside him
(the comments section has proven to, at times, provide some inside info being related)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #1395

if you've got an AR-15 in your back seat and you run from the cops i think thats almost enough to shoot somone..
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #1396
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
what a moron... why in the hell would he get in a shootout with the police???

it'd make more sense just to take the gun charges ... hell even if he had a car full of drugs it'd make more sense to just get arrested...

why in the hell would you get in a shootout oO does he think this is Mexico or something...

what a nut job
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #1397

Quote:
Anyone who lives in the area did you hear gun shots about an hour after the incident?

apparently people are saying there were 3-4 shots in the same area after the police had the place cordoned off

conspiracy theorists are saying the cops let off some shells of the victims gun to make it look like a shootout instead of the officer just choosing to kill the guy

another guy is saying that the guy killed is a Game Tight Soldier who was a rat and was being chased hence the guns beside him
(the comments section has proven to, at times, provide some inside info being related)
Lotta "conflicting" or unreleased/unconfirmed details, like how the RCMP have issued a release that backtracks on its earlier report of “an exchange of gunfire” between officers and the suspect; could just be part of the nature of the investigation

Last edited by shawnly; 03-03-2011 at 09:58 PM.
shawnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #1398
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:

I live maybe 200 metres away and i was just getting home from the gym when it happened, i didnt hear any gun shots. In fact I walked out to king george at about 11:15 right when it was apparently going down and I didnt hear anything, until the cops told me to get the hell out of there.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #1399
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
uh oh....Dirty Cop staging the gun runners zone....what cop told a gang member he was the rat on the inside & what gang member replied back telling him he's holding a Rifle and 1 pistol for transport to a buyer so the cop can "legally" take care of him?.

My speculation what you guy's are saying :O
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #1400

Quote:
Police backtrack on reports of exchanged gunfire in fatal Surrey shooting
By Sam Cooper, The Province March 3, 2011

A Surrey man says the unidentified man who was allegedly shot dead in a gunfight with a Mountie after a high-speed chase Wednesday died after two cars smashed into a backyard and about 15 shots were fired.

Chad Erickson, a 29-year-old construction worker, told The Province the police-involved shooting incident seems more complicated than initial police reports suggest.

Meanwhile, RCMP have issued a release that backtracks on its earlier report of “an exchange of gunfire” between officers and the suspect.

“The facts related to this incident are under investigation, and as such, at this time there can be no definitive statements made about whether or not shots were exchanged,” the media release said.

Saanich Police Sgt. Dean Jantzen called the original reports “premature,” saying forensic investigators have not yet determined how many shots were fired, and by whom.

Saanich Police are investigating the police-involved shooting at the request of the RCMP, he said.

Erickson said on Thursday afternoon he could see police investigators examining the dead man’s bloody body in his backyard.

“He’s brown, and he’s got black bushy hair,” Erickson said. “You can see blood coming from his nose and mouth.”

Erickson said he and residents in his home were woken to the sound of about 10 or 15 shots at 11:15 p.m.

About an hour later, three or four shots were heard, Erickson claimed.

“They were yelling to get out of the car and don’t touch the gun,” after initial shots were fired, Erickson said.

Jantzen said police are not yet able to verify Erickson’s story. “Let’s be clear, we still haven’t interviewed all the officers (involved),” he said.

Another person in the area, Kamal Singh, said police screamed at her to leave an intersection in the area long after 11:15 p.m., according to the woman’s husband, Kuar Singh.

The incident started when a Surrey Mountie pulled over a newer-model white Chrysler 300 in the 15400-block 16th Avenue around 11 p.m., police say.

Surrey RCMP Cpl. Drew Grainger said the man has not been identified yet, but was in his “late 20s.”

An officer saw that the man driving the car was armed with a rifle and called for backup, police say. The driver fled the scene, and a short police chase was called off.

Soon after other officers spotted the Chrysler on King George Highway and used a spike belt to stop the car.

A witness, Martin Lauze, said he was driving at King George Highway and 152nd Street around 11 p.m. when a Chrysler with tinted windows whipped by him.

“I saw a car speeding up behind me driving in the wrong lane,” Lauze said. “He passed me and went straight through the red light. I thought he was either a bad guy or a cop, one of the two.”

At that time the driver was “just running,” and not being pursued by police, Lauze said.

Lauze said when he eventually saw about 40 police cars at the scene where the driver’s car was apparently pinned by a police car before shots were fired.

As a marked police car tried to stop the driver, police say, there was a minor collision between the vehicles. Police originally said there was an exchange of gunfire between an officer and the victim, who they say appears to have been armed with an assault rifle.

A handgun was also found to be within arm’s reach.

The man was shot multiple times and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

No one else, including the RCMP officers involved, was injured.

scooper@theprovince.com

twitter.com/scoopercooper

— with a file from Sean Sullivan
© Copyright (c) The Province

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Poli...#ixzz1FcHTm9Xt
interesting

supposedly the identity of the victim? is known and there will be a story about his past in the Sun soon