REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #8751
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
Finally, the Raptors' losing streak ends. Good team basketball tonight from T.O. -saw players hustling for rebounds, sharing the basketball. Smart move by coach Casey to put Kleiza in the game to counteract the Mavericks' zone defense.

Kleiza's four 3 pointers in the fourth quarter shredded the Mav's defense.

Raptor's bench really stepped up tonight. Over 50 points from the second unit.
Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-14-2012 at 05:52 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #8752
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Kobe chucking as usual

9/29 1/8 from range.. 43 mins played

At least they won the game?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #8753
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

LAKERS WIN LAKERS WIN LAKERS WIN!

against the wizards
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #8754
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
zero fuck was given.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #8755
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
LAKERS WIN LAKERS WIN LAKERS WIN!

against the wizards
Wizards beat Heat
Lakers beat Wizards

Thus, Lakers > Heat
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #8756
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Past couple games Kobe has been in complete chucker mode...

Theres times where he facilitates (2nd) and the offense flows much better... and then he just goes off... and the game got closer than it should have been..

Pretty obvious but it would have been another loss if it wasn't the Wizards..

Meeks coulda scored 30+ if Kobe wasn't being such a moron

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #8757
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Finally, the Raptors' losing streak ends. Good team basketball tonight from T.O. -saw players hustling for rebounds, sharing the basketball. Smart move by coach Casey to put Kleiza in the game to counteract the Mavericks' zone defense.

Kleiza's four 3 pointers in the fourth quarter shredded the Mav's defense.

Raptor's bench really stepped up tonight. Over 50 points from the second unit.

Raptors won? wow, must be because the "primo pasta eating " Italian kid who can't shoot or defend was out of the line up... lol
Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #8758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Past couple games Kobe has been in complete chucker mode...

Theres times where he facilitates (2nd) and the offense flows much better... and then he just goes off... and the game got closer than it should have been..

Pretty obvious but it would have been another loss if it wasn't the Wizards..

Meeks coulda scored 30+ if Kobe wasn't being such a moron
Told you dude is not giving a fuck and playing for his stats because he believes his teammates and coach are chumps. Theres nobody therelike Fish or Phil to control him.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #8759

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Wizards beat Heat
Lakers beat Wizards

Thus, Lakers > Heat

Old 12-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #8760

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Wizards beat Heat
Lakers beat Wizards

Thus, Lakers > Heat
Lmao
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #8761
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9QsH_006o
Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #8762
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Whats all this Kobe talk now.... you guys really think he's being selfish ? I would think even the most casual Kobe fans should know he's past all that individual stats bs, his main goal is to win 2 more chips to surpass MJ.
He himself said the other day the only reason he's scoring so much is cuz Nash and Gasol are out.....
his FG % would look a lot better if he stopped doing those bailout end of shot clock chuckers, wherein the team fails to run a play on time and just toss the ball to Kobe... he has honestly anywhere between 5 and 10 of those a game, it's fckin horrible...
I would refuse to shoot under those circumstances if I was him, force his team to play smarter... I've seen him do that before, as recently as last year, take himself out of the offense on purpose

Wizards are back in Miami tonight, I'm thinking they're gettin blown out by anywhere from 20-30 points courtesy of monster LeBron game, he should want revenge from last time Wiz came to Miami.
Kyrie is takin on the Knicks tonight, and no Melo ankle tweak... this is gonna be fun to watch kid's goin for 30, who the fck is gonna guard him

has anybody been watching Golden State ?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #8763
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Kyrie is takin on the Knicks tonight, and no Melo ankle tweak... this is gonna be fun to watch kid's goin for 30, who the fck is gonna guard him

has anybody been watching Golden State ?
Melo might convince Knicks to let him play as he's been saying he's perfectly fine.

GS has been one of my favourite teams to watch for a number of years now and let me tell you, Mark Jackson has them playing some sick basketball....arguably the best backcourt in the league with Steph Curry + Klay Thompson, and David Lee is finally playing like he's worth that contract.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #8764

^ I don't think Melo even needs to play in this one, he should rest, Kyrie will put up points but that won't be enough to beat the Knicks.... only other issue I see would be Chandler has to stick and put a body on Varejao all night long or he'll hurt them on the glass

Yea Mark is a good coach, he was a classic point guard himself so he gives a lot of freedom to Steph.... This season they got my interest since they're all healthy except Bogut and playing well... but last time I really watched Golden State was that We Believe run they had with a healthy and dominant Baron Davis... I tried watching when Steph Curry came in, but he kept gettin injured and they sucked so I lost interest....
Thompson has not played well first part of the season, but he's found his groove lately, Steph and Thompson, they are on a tear statistically, shooting lights out and playing smart... when Bogut is at 100%, damn... you got Steph and Clay in backcourt, and Lee and Bogut up front, if they all play like they're capable of, then it should equate to a very solid playoff run

also I noticed someone on the Golden State medical staff finally figured out that your typical NBA ankle tape job has not worked for Steph.... ever... they have him wearing one of those massive air cast type of ankle braces on his foot... I've worn those after I fractured my ankle, sure it's a bit bulky and uncomfortable, but it is almost impossible to roll an ankle in that, he needs to keep rocking it until his ankle ligaments have enough strength to hold up in a tape job....
I know his pain, I'm coming off multiple serious sprains and 2 fractures from my early 20's, and now at 29 just in the last year I feel my ankle is at 100% to the point if I roll it, I'm back within days as opposed to a few months like before... I hope Steph stays healthy
Old 12-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #8765

I agree with G-spec. Guess i'm just pissed because they're playing like shits. No, I don't trust D'Antoni.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #8766
I don't get it

i hate those people out there that keep saying kobe is a chucker
if you actually watch Lakers games you will understand why he has to shoot so much.
lakers run a play and gets stopped by opponents defence, less than 5 seconds on shotclock and they dump the ball in kobe's hands. he has to create something with almost no time left. obviously its a low percentage shot.
hes a competitor and gets easily frustrated with his team being down and takes control of the game. i mean if you keep drawing 2+ defenders and passing to someone for an open three, you would expect them to make it. if they dont you would just stop passing. well some lakers players are just incapable of scoring some nights and kobe has to do his thing.
PUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #8767
My homepage has been set to RS

^ yes if you guys truly watch lakers games, which i do from start to finish usually, g-spec is bang on. metta world peace actually takes quite a few bailout shots too, to account for his low fg%..plus he's not that good a shooter to begin with lol.

too many times in a game, you'll see some sort of post play where they'll make an entry pass to d12, gasol or jordan hill. they can't do anything with it or the double team comes...they pass the ball back to meeks or duhon. more times than not, they don't shoot it because of defence rotation quickness and meeks or duhon creating their own shot or driving to the lane? i don't think so. hm...less than 10 seconds on the clock...let's give it to kobe since he's the black mamba...and being a huge fan of kobe, it kills me to say but kobe probably converts 1 out of 3 bailout shots.

this is where i hope steve nash can help, he can create for himself or others and run the offence so kobe doesn't have all the pressure. with steve nash in theory, this will lessen the turnovers translated to fastbreak points for the opponent.this will give the lakers time to setup their defence more times than not. all this=more wins? i hope
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #8768
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^ It's also easy to notice that when the ball goes in the post or to kobe, everyone stands and watches expecting him to score. No one moves without the ball or into a position where they can do something productive. It's just kobe drawing the 2nd defender and kicking to an open guy that won't shoot or turn it over. There comes a time where kobe must think, risk another turnover or shoot the ball. His shots are definitely going to decrease once nash starts running the offence.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #8769
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

rubio's back, hopefully this guy doesnt get hurt again. This guys exciting to watch
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #8770

yea the D'antoni thing I said it from the beginning, with Lakers roster offense wasn't gonna be a problem, it was defense... and D'antoni is an offensive coach everyone knows that, I still think Jerry Sloan would have been the best man for the job... and I say that fully knowing that Phil Jackson was absolutely never an option no matter what the Jimbo Buss says. It's obvious he only asked Phil if he was interested to avoid fully pissing off the Laker fanbase, he had absolutely no intention of giving Phil the job at all

and Last night that was the first Lakers game I seen in full, and from what I saw when Howard gets double teamed in the post and has to kick it out to someone hovering midrange or 3 point line, his passes are atrocious, it's like half bounce half direct pass, totally shit to the point where the shooter can never get a clean catch to shoot right away, he has to swing it almost instantly even if he was wide open when Howard made the pass... has he been passing it out of post double teams like this all season ?

fckin Kyrie, gotdang I said 30, this lil nigga goes for career high 41, whatta game though, most exciting one of the night... feel bad he's gonna have to spend his next few prime years playing for a jackass of an owner on a very shitty team

Dark Knight apparently

Last edited by G-spec; 12-15-2012 at 10:46 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #8771

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
still think the kyrie irving draft pick had the cavs owner doing something fishy about it with stern, after the butt hurt lost of lebron

lilliard and irving next niggas in line doing big things for the NBA next decade!
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #8772

Nigga Lillard just killed it.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #8773

Lillard is sick
Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #8774

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Lilliard might be better than Westbrook in 5 year time
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #8775

Lillard is ALREADY a better PG than Westbrook.... there I said it.... the only thing Westbrook has over Lillard is the obvious athleticism which allows him an edge in things like defense and attacking the rim. And even in the paint there Lillard has proven to be extremely crafty finishing in the paint as opposed to Westbrook who almost all the time looks like he's forcing the issue.

I missed the Houston Knicks game was working out, but just came back to see final few mins, Lin finished with 22 points, broadcasters said he got almost a standing ovation at introductions with a few boos here n there. Houston wins though, no Melo, so first home loss for the Knicks this season.

Looking at the box score here and here's a perfect example of why I'm not a fan of the +/- bullshit some stat nerd who's never played the game in his life came up with, and now we have to put up with seeing this bullshit in every box score we see.
So my point here, Chris Copeland who's been getting the start for Melo while he's injured in 29 minutes tonight dropped 29 points on 11-19 shooting, 3-5 from three, 4-4 from line with 2 steals and 3 boards, and he's sittin at a -6
a very efficient game and he's in the minus, yaa.... right....