REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

whitev70r 05-30-2019 12:47 PM

Somebody was asking where to watch ... Cineplex holding viewing parties.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...851579790.html

British Columbia

Cineplex Odeon Park & Tilford Cinemas
Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
Cineplex Cinemas Langley
SilverCity Riverport Cinemas
SilverCity Victoria Cinemas

BlackV62K2 05-30-2019 06:15 PM

Who's this stupid announcer that calls 3pt shots with Canadian city names lol.

acrophobia 05-30-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 (Post 8949411)
Who's this stupid announcer that calls 3pt shots with Canadian city names lol.

Matt Devlin, and he’s a fantastic play by play announcer.

pastarocket 05-30-2019 07:39 PM

The Official NBA thread

Great game 1 win! Siakam played well on both ends of the floor with his offence and D.

Spicy P made his presence felt in the NBA Finals! :gun:

Good game by Gasol and Green too.

Raptors’s fast break points were a big difference in game 1. GSW transition defence was pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsideon 05-30-2019 09:56 PM

Huge win for Canada!
Against Golden State no lead is safe so it's exciting to the very end.
I'm basically regurgitating what pasta said but:
Great time for Spicy P to play his best game of the playoffs.
Gasol abusing Looney and getting switches onto Curry for the easy hook was great to see. Happy to see he punished them for giving him the open look beyond the arc.
Green FINALLY getting his groove back on the biggest stage. It's the Spurs mentality and experience coming through.
Good to see Lowry playing hard and seems to have finally let go of his "I miss DeRozan" mentality, helps that Kawhi made the biggest shot in Raptors history so far lol

Nlkko 05-31-2019 10:15 AM

FIRST OF ALL:
Shout out to my man Van Fleet (who nobody is talking about :rukidding:) who are literally balling out of his mind right now.

GS needs KD to comeback playing at top level. They have no answer against Toronto's length. Toronto is playing vintage playoff ball right now: slow half-court physical defend. I think its great refs are allowing a lot of contacts to happen without being trigger happy. Defense is so easy for Toronto facing a KD-less GS. This game should shut all the idiots up about how GS is a better team without KD. They are just not.

Boogie had a few nice passes but he is a non-factor as they can't push the tempo like they want with Boogie. They'd be playing at the pace Toronto wants with him. With KD, they can still go small and push the tempo to tired Toronto's big out.

Euro7r 06-02-2019 06:54 PM

Warriors injuries to Looney, Thompson, Durant. Cousin clutch and same with Cook, both stepping it up making big plays. 3rd quarters are the Warriors quarter, coming out of half time running and showing Raptors what's up.

Sir_Loin 06-02-2019 08:31 PM

Spicy P and Gasol balled out in game 1, were terrible in game 2. Cook and Cousins were terrible in game 1 were good in game 2.
Stars will be stars but role players or the "others" gotta show up to win.
Robert Horry, Fisher, Mike Miller etc etc.

HonestTea 06-02-2019 09:05 PM

GSW BABY

Nlkko 06-03-2019 11:45 AM

TO lost a very winnable game. No KD. Klay was out. Iggy was on one-legged. Their usual starting center Kevon was out. I don't buy the "Curry was sick" narrative.

But GS was playing handicapped. And TO choked. Deck is stacked again TO now. They lost a chance to go up 2-0, putting pressure on GS to potentially go up 3-0 BEFORE KD comes back. Mofos had a chance to beat Thanos but choked. Kawhi knew it too. Guy was beasting but wasn't enough. His supporting cast just don't want it enough. I wouldn't blame him if he's tired of fn'ing Kyle Lowry and leave.

Refs were fine. Lowry and Ibaka were terrible. Lowry, Ibaka running around fouling Draymond (DRAYMOND) on the opposite of the court. Come on man. Gasol were pretty much being cancelled out by Boggie, which is kinda expected.

Not sure what happened to Siakam but the obvious trash were Lowry and Ibaka.

I don't really know what the fuck happened to Siakam. And Danny Green is a little bitch, pass up open shots every time. The only 2 people who are not afraid of shooting was Kawhi and Van Lit.

Euro7r 06-03-2019 12:00 PM

Warriors taking this. Raptors choked and I read in the news they were blaming the arena fans not being back to their seats for the 3rd quarter, which impacted the teams momentum/support leading to GS running away with 18-0 to start the quarter. WTF?

HonestTea 06-03-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8949690)
TO lost a very winnable game. No KD. Klay was out. Iggy was on one-legged. Their usual starting center Kevon was out. I don't buy the "Curry was sick" narrative.

But GS was playing handicapped. And TO choked. Deck is stacked again TO now. They lost a chance to go up 2-0, putting pressure on GS to potentially go up 3-0 BEFORE KD comes back. Mofos had a chance to beat Thanos but choked. Kawhi knew it too. Guy was beasting but wasn't enough. His supporting cast just don't want it enough. I wouldn't blame him if he's tired of fn'ing Kyle Lowry and leave.

Refs were fine. Lowry and Ibaka were terrible. Lowry, Ibaka running around fouling Draymond (DRAYMOND) on the opposite of the court. Come on man. Gasol were pretty much being cancelled out by Boggie, which is kinda expected.

I don't really know what the fuck happened to Siakam. And Danny Green is a little bitch, pass up open shots every time. The only 2 people who are not afraid of shooting was Kawhi and Van Lit.

Refs were fine? Is this some sort of joke?

Steph was getting mauled on each possession. Refs aren't calling shit for Steph.

Nlkko 06-03-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestTea (Post 8949700)
Refs were fine? Is this some sort of joke?

Steph was getting mauled on each possession. Refs aren't calling shit for Steph.

Welcome to the playoffs, have you been watching? They have been calling like this since the conference semifinals. Prison ball no blood no foul. Which is great. I don't want to see your ass getting bailed out at the foul line.

Every call on GS or TO was well deserved.

If you think ref was a problem like every other townfolks out there, you shouldn't watch playoffs ball. This is the same type of playoff calls you get, every single year. Refs have been nothing but stellar this series. You are getting cream-de-la-cream of refs. Tony Brothers, Scott Foster, etc who knows every player's tricks in the book. It isn't gonna get better than this.

Did you see the screens Gasol set on Iggy that almost sent him out on a stretcher. Yeahhhhhh. This is the type of ball we sit through the bum ass reg season (where little bitches like Harden get sent to the foul lines 20 times a game) 6 months of the year to wait to watch.

HonestTea 06-03-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8949730)
Welcome to the playoffs, have you been watching? They have been calling like this since the conference semifinals. Prison ball no blood no foul. Which is great. I don't want to see your ass getting bailed out at the foul line.

Every call on GS or TO was well deserved.

If you think ref was a problem like every other townfolks out there, you shouldn't watch playoffs ball. This is the same type of playoff calls you get, every single year. Refs have been nothing but stellar this series. You are getting cream-de-la-cream of refs. Tony Brothers, Scott Foster, etc who knows every player's tricks in the book. It isn't gonna get better than this.

Did you see the screens Gasol set on Iggy that almost sent him out on a stretcher. Yeahhhhhh. This is the type of ball we sit through the bum ass reg season (where little bitches like Harden get sent to the foul lines 20 times a game) 6 months of the year to wait to watch.

We're definitely watching different games. Curry doesn't even get 'normal' treatment, never-less superstar treatment (IE: Harden). There's a bunch of threads around on various forums that think the same, it's definitely not only me that's noticing.

Tony Brothers, the SAME Tony Brothers that was voted worst ref?! Don't get me started on Scott Foster and his 'friendship' with the infamous game-fixing scandal. When you call someone 134 times, somethings up.

These refs are trash.

Mr.Money 06-03-2019 09:49 PM

anyone else have a deep dark feeling toronto might fuck this up and pull a canucks?.

Teriyaki 06-03-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8949751)
anyone else have a deep dark feeling toronto might fuck this up and pull a canucks?.

Lets see who can have the bigger riot:alone:

pastarocket 06-05-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8949690)

I agree 100 percent. Raptors let game 2 slip away from their klaws. FeelsBadMan

They played really good defence for a four minute stretch in the 4th quarter to hold GSW without any points. The problem was the missed open shots. Shooting bricks when the Raps were down 5 points in the game.

Then Iggy shoots the dagger 3 to put away the game.

Ibaka, Powell, Danny Green, Gasol, Spicy P, and K Low need to step up their games to support Kawhi. The King of the North needs help from his team mates to play "take no prisoners" ball in game 3 and onward.

Defend the basket. Play physical defense for all 48 minutes. Make the most of the fast break opportunities despite the improved GSW transition defence. Make the open shots. As per the Avengers, whatever it takes to win games!

Bring that warrior mentality against the Warriors! :gun:

We the North!

whitev70r 06-05-2019 10:54 AM

People ...the Raptors are not going to win this 4-0. Split in the first 2 is about right. It gets harder and harder every round. What they could do to Bucks they cannot do to the GSW as easily ... GSW are 3 time champs in the last 4 years.

Here's a little preview for you .. if they get a split over the next two... it's GOOD! Don't freak out if they lose one in Oakland.

Obsideon 06-05-2019 05:58 PM

GS bangwagoners freaking out that KD and Klay are out, screaming with pitchforks that if Raptors win there should be an asterisk.
lmao oh how short term their memory is, I guess asterisk's should be handed out like candy since Zaza had to injure Kawhi on their road to the trophy and if CP3 didn't get hurt while up 3-2 it would be a different story too.

pastarocket 06-05-2019 07:01 PM

The Official NBA thread

Danny Green is Money tonight from the three point arc. :gun:

Finally, Raps outscore GSW in a third quarter. Finish strong!

whitev70r 06-05-2019 07:41 PM

Let's be honest ... * game.

pastarocket 06-05-2019 07:49 PM

The Official NBA thread

Go Raptors! Money Green, Gasol, Ibaka, and K Low played their best game so far in the Finals.

Kawhi and Van Vleet had another great game.

Great ball movement of offence. Lock down defence with good rotations and shot blocking.

52.4 percent field goal percentage. Impressive shooting. Block party by Ibaka.

Raps exploited Boogie’s slow footwork on the block tonight.

Chef Curry had a great game despite the loss.

Thumbs down to the idiot fan in the courtside seat who pushed Lowry. :lawl:

Obsideon 06-05-2019 09:42 PM

Now Curry knows what it felt like for Lebron. No help from supporting cast in the finals even with a masterful performance.
1-legged Cousins and 500-year old Bogut anchoring the middle.
Klay in a wheelchair is better than Quinn Cook.

Karma going full circle after all the Warriors shenanigans, Draymond donkey kicking Steven Adams, Zaza "boxing out" Kawhi, etc.

dlo 06-05-2019 09:59 PM

dont think durant will come back anytime soon, next game is in 2 days

ae101 06-05-2019 10:49 PM

havent watch nba in a long ass time and seriously, raps got a shot if they keep playing like they did today

i didnt see any games perviously but my guess is GSW got the last wins