REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:43 PM   #2776
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Well that was quite an eventful AEW PPV. It had everything for the wrestling fan...

- Maki Itoh makes her debut (it is true, there are no quarantine measures in florida)
- great tag match to open, not as big of a spot fest that we are use to seeing from the Bucks
- Interesting Battle Royale, tag team battle royale is too chaotic
- Women's title match stood out.
- Matt Hardy vs Hangman was designed to make Hangman look good on his comeback tour
- Ladder match.. was great, but that brass ring is just a dumb cheapshot to the WWE. looked like sonic the hedgehog hahaa
- Cinematic match was just that.. cinematic, still good to watch. Darby Allin is a crazy motherfucker
- Christian Cage is now ALL ELITE. well deserved, he looked to be in fantastic shape at the Royal Rumble

that main event tho.. jesus christ.. The wrestling and such was fantastic, but this gimmick just does not look good on HD television.

and of course, that production botch to the explosion at the end....

enjoyed it tho.
Advertisement
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:02 AM   #2777
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Itoh was a great surprise, but unfortunately they kind of fucked up with the sound mixing... I hope they get her entrance right on Wednesday

Bucks are always great for at least a 8/10 match on PPV, even if the build wasn't great. This was a perfect example. I don't consider any of their matches "spot fests" and in fact they tell better stories in the ring than pretty much any active wrestler.

I like the format of having tag teams in the Battle Royale. It gives some intrigue when there's only one guy left, or when it's 2v1 and the babyface overcomes the odds, like Jungle Boy did. Most spots tell a story, which is cool. This one felt rushed though, with the shoot 90 second clock. The end was fantastic.

Shida vs Mizunami was what convinced me to buy the PPV. I was expecting a GREAT match... I got a very good match. The crowd didn't buy into Aniki at all, and they were kind of at different speeds at times. Someone got blown up and some spots were a bit botched. Good match though, and Aniki is a great addition to the roster.

I like Matt Hardy as a character, but can't get into his matches anymore. This one barely kept my attention. The ending was good though.

Ladder match I felt went on and on and on... There were no highs and lows, just spot after spot. The ring was hilarious I thought

The Sting match way WAY better than I thought it would be. They actually made it look like a B-movie, when other cinematic matches have been below that. It had some great moments and truly cinematic shots. Kind of strange to have it end by a WRESTLING MOVE but great overall.

He looked great, but there is practically nobody who could have lived up to the hype they gave poor Christian. They should have just had him come on unannounced to sign the contract.

Main event was like a 9.5/10 match that nobody will remember because of the end. It was so, so bad. Truly humiliating. Will be interesting to see how they try to explain it... So far it looks like they're going to blame Kenny for it which could be good.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:52 PM   #2778
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Andrade asking for his release from WWE.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:17 AM   #2779
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
Andrade asking for his release from WWE.
and denied

clearly, Vince doesn't see what HHH saw in him for NXT

which is pretty much truth regarding that main roster haha
think about it, WWE brought back Johnny Ace in the same role as HHH, talent relations LOL
Old 03-14-2021, 05:28 AM   #2780

WWE is turning into the place where nobody wants to go who want to actually accomplish great matches and popularity. It's just the place you go to "retire" after you've accomplished your goals in wrestling and became a star elsewhere. Or you go through their system and become a pure WWE worker and be another Miz for your whole career.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:26 PM   #2781

In case you missed it, Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa had a MOTY contender hardcore match that had some of the most memorable moments that you'll see in a women's match. Won't spoil it but go watch! Even if you're like me and not a fan of hardcore wrestling, it's a must-watch.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:05 PM   #2782
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

They killed each other... AEW needs to sign Thunder Rosa

Old 04-05-2021, 03:27 AM   #2783
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

NJPW putting their promises on Will. Looking forward to his title reign

Old 04-05-2021, 03:34 AM   #2784

Yup unfortunately his gf Bea is leaving Japan most likely for NXT UK. I guess she prefers to be with family.

BTW if you like wrestling, you HAVE to watch the Stardom show from 4.4. The top 3 matches were great, including a MOTY contender semi main. If you like hard hitting Japanese strong style, go out of your way to check it out.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:32 PM   #2785
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Rumor has it Samoa Joe,Billie Kay,Peyton Royce and Khalisto have been released.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:03 PM   #2786

Billie Kay, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto and Wesley Blake announced by WWE

No real surprises in that list. They're all various degrees of bad, or aren't on TV in Mickie's case (even though she's still really good)

Samoa Joe was let go too. And Mojo Rawley and Peyton Royce. Oh and Bo Dallas finally!

God if he can still wrestle he needs to get over to AEW yesterday! Mickie James too, if she wants to be in that role for them.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:35 PM   #2787
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Peyton and Billy should just goto AEW.. at the very least, peyton can join her husband aha

but Joe....whats left in that tank?
Old 04-16-2021, 07:03 PM   #2788

Billie Kay was by far the worst wrestler in WWE. And she's been at it for what, 14 years? If Dustin and QT can do with her what they did with Tay Conti, then it's 100% proven that WWE doesn't know how to train women.

Peyton hasn't improved either, and in fact seems to have gotten worse over the years

Joe it all depends on if his concussion issues were actually serious. Guess we'll know in 90 days!

Every time someone leaves WWE, there's another round of excitement for a Kenny Omega match. Basically him vs anyone that's good is a dream match.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:32 AM   #2789
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

big match kenny... like they have built him up as such a big threat, that whoever beats him on north american soil is gonna be a big star.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:47 AM   #2790
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Kenny carried a dead carcass in Rich Swann to a good match on Impact

Old 04-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #2791

Yeah Swann had nothing and had to literally be carried. I wonder if he was injured or just out of shape
Old 04-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #2792
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yeah Swann had nothing and had to literally be carried. I wonder if he was injured or just out of shape
if he was, it was that odd spike to the head on the apron

not sure where else. but the two top rope spots where he almost dropped kenny
Old 05-13-2021, 12:33 AM   #2793
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

blood n guts was meh.. entertaining tho

but dynamite from today was a very good show top to bottom

glad the former Rusev finally has a legitimate thing to do now
Old 05-13-2021, 01:49 AM   #2794

I thought their War Games was awesome, except a bit long. I watched on Fite, so no picture in picture. The end wasn't shot well

And yeah, Miro looks great now. No longer a video game geek wearing stupid mickey mouse clothes.

Also Darby Allin is probably a top 5 wrestler in the world at this moment. He does EVERYTHING so fucking perfectly well, and is at the same time very unique. AEW struck gold with him.

Orange Cassidy got KO'd in his match with Pac... They were supposed to go to a time limit draw to make the match a 3 way, but they managed to change the finish on the fly with the same result. Very cool! He's OK apparently
Old 05-31-2021, 05:48 AM   #2795

I FUCKING LOVE WRESTLING!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2021, 06:24 AM   #2796
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

at one point, i really thought Pac was gonna make OC tap.. even though there was no chance in hell Kenny was losing... they got me anyways

goddamn what a PPV to come back to with a full crowd

wonderful show!

All the newer talent got showcased and made to look like a big deal too!
Old 05-31-2021, 08:49 AM   #2797
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
The brawl between Pinnacle and Inner Circle was so much fun! I was secretly hoping for a Tebow cameo
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:44 PM   #2798

That show was a SPECTACLE thanks to the crowd. It's what I expected WrestleMania to be, but wasn't. WM was a big overproduced show with people in the crowd, but their reactions were played over with fake crowd noise and fake "holy shit" chants.

A crazy crowd makes wrestling about 1000 times better than it actually is. I don't know about you guys, but I get WAY more invested in a match, even emotionally. The only match I couldn't get into on this show was Cody vs Ogogo.

I wasn't able to watch live unfortunately. That would have been even better. I had to wait until last night to watch the VOD

I did watch Deeb vs Riho earlier in the day, and it almost made me stop what I was doing and watch the damn thing earlier (but couldn't). This was a fantastic match, and it's free on youtube so if you missed it, go watch it!

Page vs Cage was a great opener. Page is just as over as he ever was, and hopefully they'll go ahead with a storyline for him now.

Young Bucks PPV matches are always 4 stars minimum, and this was no exception. Moxley's entrance with WILD THING is just great. I love Eddie doing all these 90's AJPW moves, and it's nice to have Excalibur explain all of them.

Battle Royale was great too, AEW is really good at these. They keep things moving quickly, not every elimination has to be a big gimmick. People just get thrown out, so they can tell other stories in the ring. The right guy won, as you can tell from the crowd reaction.

Miro had a rough start in AEW but has found his footing as the heel monster he was always supposed to be. Lance Archer I dunno he doesn't come across like a monster as much as he used to in New Japan. Even when he did those skits with Jake it was great, but now he's just a big nice guy. Maybe it's just me who thinks that.

Britt Baker is a fantastic wrestling character, but her in ring work is way down there on the roster. Maybe below anyone but Jade and Ogogo. She was completely lost at times, totally blown up, and Shida had to literally carry her at the end, kind of like what we saw with Kenny and Rich Swan... Maybe she was hurt I dunno. The beginning and end of the match were great, but the middle, yikes. It's a shame Shida only got one match as champion in front of a crowd. They appreciated her though, but IMO Britt Baker as champion is not going to be good at all.

Sting what can you say? 62 year old doing stage dives and generally looking beyond great for his age. Darby being Darby with the crazy selling and actually great storytelling. Ethan Page and Scorpio are actually a great tag team, they should keep this up.

The three way was one of the best three ways I've ever seen, and I am not usually a big fan of that format. There were some VERY great near falls that the crowd totally bought. The belt spot was great. Omega is so good I am blown away every time.

Finally the Stadium Stampede I thought was really entertaining, but maybe a bit too long. We had this hot show with an insanely hot crowd, but then we go back to a taped match... This should have been on a no crowd show last month, and have War Games in front of a crowd. Basically they did it backwards. I did like they they ended it in the ring this time and got the great moment at the end.

All in all, one of the best PPV's I've ever seen, but I think that's been the case with every AEW show. It's hard to believe how good American wrestling can be, after being ruined by WWE for almost 20 years. It's so nice to have a promotion like this exist.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:24 AM   #2799
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Britt Baker is gonna be a great champion. That excellent character work will do just fine and give time for someone else not named Shida, Rosa, riho or even nyla rose to get better.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #2800

Yeah like I said her character work is fantastic... As long as they don't turn her babyface due to the reaction. The only time she has been good in the ring though was the hardcore match with Thunder Rosa.