REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #51
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
wow crash holly died i didnt know that =|

LOD was crazy
Advertisement
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #52
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Orton's whole character has really put him over in the last couple months and the WWE just keeps feeding him people to RKO left right and center. Its good for him he's cruising the line between face and heel lets hope he keeps it that way.

I don't think Sheamus is going to lose the title though. He's a great heel.

What do you think of Jericho's story line at the moment? It almost looks like he's thinking about retiring. He's had a lot of shitty losses lately, Morrison, Bourne, just to name a couple and his whole walking out on the WWE shit.

Berz out.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #53
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Jericho's contract is up after the PPV, and he has yet to sign. So it looks like he might retire again..

No Shawn, no Jericho.. and to top it all off, HHH is coming back soon. Man Raw is going to fucking suck soon
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #54
Ricer Mod

Yea they probably saw this coming awhile ago and that's why they tried to give Nexus the big push.

What do you think of this whole Taker vs Kane feud again. I for one am sick of it. BUT the younger audience who didn't see the first 2 feuds may get a rise out of it. I know my little brother is liking it it's just to bad he didn't get a chance to see masked Kane way back in the day when they were both a little less beat up and more Agile.

Do you think The Miz will be the first money in the bank winner to NOT win a title?

Berz out.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #55
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
I bet HHH will come back and just destroy all of Nexus single-handedly, and ship them away in boxes.

If the Miz loses his match, it has to be due to interference from Daniel Bryan... I guess they have to do it some time, but I dunno if Miz is the right guy for that right now
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #56
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

When HHH comes back, he's going after sheamus for taking him out first. Then he might go after nexus instead. Yeah I was thinking that the miz would be the first MIB winner not to win after cashing in his briefcase. The taker/kane feud is boring. Masked kane was way better. Jericho bores me. I like the way orton's character is progressing because you can't really say he's a heel or babyface. Miz is a lucky guy. He gets to pound Maryse every night

Do you guys watch tna also? I like how Lo-Ki (Kaval) is now in wwe after we won NXT season 2. He's pretty nuts. If wwe could get a guy like AJ Styles or Christopher Daniels to come to wwe they would do pretty good considering they're small and high flyers.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #57
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Miz is fighting Dan at night of champions. I agree the whole undertaker Kane thing is boring I love how under taking is like dying right now lol u see him lean over coffing half the time.

I don't think miz will be the first not to cash it in, it'll come around they got a full year don't they? Lol that's a long ass time.

What do most of you guys watch? Raw? Smackdown? Nexus seasons?
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #58
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Shawn isn't as athletic as he once was, but there is nobody better in terms of ring psychology. And his promos are always good. He carried RAW for the last few years, and now he's gone.

The Nexus thing was great for a while, but they kind of ruined it by beating them at Summer Slam.

Right now the best thing on Raw for me, has been Daniel Bryan. Jericho is great as always, and Michael Cole's obnoxious heel turn is fun as well. He's already an annoying prick, so I'm glad they are playing it up a bit since JR isn't coming back.
By ring psychology you mean working the crowd, right? Because in that regard I rank him right up there with guys like Hogan, The Rock, and Flair. All these guys knew exactly what to do to get the reaction they wanted, when they wanted it. I will disagree with you in saying he carried Raw, I think there were a group (him included) that did that.

Daniel Bryan, or as we might better know him, Bryan Danielson aka American Dragon, is awesome. I'm so glad he's finally in the big leagues, but I get the scary feeling he'd be able to showcase more of his actual wrestling talent in TNA, as they don't promote a "safe style". I had the pleasure of watching the guy wrestle a match for ECCW (our local promotion!), and he's the shit.

I do agree that they kinda dropped the ball by having the Nexus defeated at Summerslam. Why not keep the momentum for those guys going, and it would have helped legitimize them a little more in the eyes of the fans. They should be using the blueprint used for the NWO when they first started...Now that was an invasion.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #59
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
The Rock making fun of Michael Cole back in the day was great. Late 90's Rock is where it's at.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #60
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I loved it when it was WCW/ECW vs WWE but after that, it was downhill for me and i stopped watching
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
FUCKKKKK WWE event in vancouver got canceled....
The_Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #62

^
Old 09-13-2010, 08:19 AM   #63
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
I haven't watched wrestling in ages but I always thought it was so stupid what they did to Kanes character. First he was covered from head to toe because of all the bad burns he had, and needed a voicebox to speak. Then his costume changed to one arm being completely bare (maybe he was getting too hot?). Then everything got fucked up. He took his mask off, and if I remember correctly JR was saying something about how hideous he is, when it was really just some black shit on his face. Then suddenly his fucked up skin was pure white baby soft, and he can talk fine now. Did they ever explain this or was it just one of those "yeah we didn't try to even make this realistic" moments in WWE history
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #64

I can't remember exactly what happen I think he just said screw the mask and took it off lol I can't really remember but I know what ur saying........... What ever
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #65

Raw was sick this Monday the last match was awesome everyone goin through a table orton on top like always.

John morrisons match was crazy too, jumped of the mega tron thing or wat ever was pretty insane and his jumping around thing was pretty cool, parquet or how ever u spell it
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #66

Yeah the past raw was one of the better ones in awhile
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #67
Ricer Mod

Past raw was awesome.... I just hate how they try to play off that damn roulette wheel as actually being a game of chance. Its pretty obvious there is a motor running the wheel.
Morrison is pretty good it's to bad WWE promotes "safe" wrestling now cuz I'm sure with less limitation's he would be doing some hella crazy shit. His parkour skills are alright but he makes up for lack of technique with his muscles.

I was laughing pretty hard at the Regal vs Goldust change places match. hah

End match was pretty good but with their huge push of Orton I just can't see them giving him the win at NOC. This could be the end of Y2J as well after this PPV.

Berz out.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #68
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
I can't remember exactly what happen I think he just said screw the mask and took it off lol I can't really remember but I know what ur saying........... What ever
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I haven't watched wrestling in ages but I always thought it was so stupid what they did to Kanes character. First he was covered from head to toe because of all the bad burns he had, and needed a voicebox to speak. Then his costume changed to one arm being completely bare (maybe he was getting too hot?). Then everything got fucked up. He took his mask off, and if I remember correctly JR was saying something about how hideous he is, when it was really just some black shit on his face. Then suddenly his fucked up skin was pure white baby soft, and he can talk fine now. Did they ever explain this or was it just one of those "yeah we didn't try to even make this realistic" moments in WWE history
Posted via RS Mobile
Probably got bored of the old attire and wanted a change.

But yeah I remember JR saying how when Undertaker and Kane were little kids. Kane was trapped in a house fire and was "severely burned", therefore he wears the mask to "cover his burns".

Wikipedia says, "it became apparent that Kane's facial scars were actually mental scars".

Kinda stupid cuz after he unmasked himself... he had all the burnt make up effect look. The week after his face is completely clean.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #69

Night of champions should be good. Wonder if miz will cash in his MOTB case if there's a new champ
Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #70
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I was laughing pretty hard at the Regal vs Goldust change places match. hah
That was pretty funny especially when Regal did the Golddust move before the fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #71
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Orton wins the title

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #72
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I haven't watched wrestling in years now but one of the best live events I ever attended anywhere had to be "Rock Bottom: In Your House" back in 1998 @ GM Place. Friend's mom bought us tickets cause it was his birthday party and I still think it was one of the most entertaining nights of my life. Just being able to see these guys (that I pretty much idolized at the time) in person was absolutely amazing.

I get a lot of shit from friends when they find out that I am/was a wrestling fan but they just don't "get it" like we do. They don't appreciate the effort these guys put on and how much physical stress their bodies take.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Orton wins the title

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Hell yeah, Orton is the shit
Old 09-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I haven't watched wrestling in years now but one of the best live events I ever attended anywhere had to be "Rock Bottom: In Your House" back in 1998 @ GM Place. Friend's mom bought us tickets cause it was his birthday party and I still think it was one of the most entertaining nights of my life. Just being able to see these guys (that I pretty much idolized at the time) in person was absolutely amazing.

I get a lot of shit from friends when they find out that I am/was a wrestling fan but they just don't "get it" like we do. They don't appreciate the effort these guys put on and how much physical stress their bodies take.
Exactly, everyone know that its fake but they still take bumps and stress their bodies. Everyone thinks the ring is nice and soft.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #75
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts

Hilarious segment between Shaq and Chris Jericho
The_Situation is offline   Reply With Quote