REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #201
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Great so they can cancel it again? Stupid fucking place to host a WWE event. Guess we're not worthy of the big shows? pfft fuckers.

Berz out.
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #202
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Too bad it is scheduled for the shitty Agrodome.

I want to go....

Oh yeah, tix go on sale Dec 11. Not sure if this has been posted yet.
It says theres a presale on the 10th? Is the only way to get seats together is if one person buys them all?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #203
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Great so they can cancel it again? Stupid fucking place to host a WWE event. Guess we're not worthy of the big shows? pfft fuckers.

Berz out.
We aren't, plain and simple. The last PPV we had was Rock Bottom in 1998 and the last time we had RAW was 2003 (Luckily I got row 3 on the camera side!). Yes, it is a stupid place to host a WWE event but no one comes out for the house shows here, and when they had them at the Coliseum it was maybe half full. Reasonable that they'd move to a smaller venue don't you think? I'm not trying to single you out but it's that sort of thinking that will never get us any more big WWE events. If they get a strong presence at the house shows, I'll bet we'd get a RAW or Smackdown. But they don't, so we won't.

Also, if you think house shows are stupid, some pretty cool things happen at them. Because it's not televised the wrestlers have a lot more freedom in their matches and you end up with some much better performances (I think, anyway). It also lets them be a little goofier than they normally would. I remember a Smackdown house show here where it was Kurt Angle vs Big Show. Kurt Angle took a swig of milk either before or during the match, so Big Show downed a beer and pretended to wrestle the match drunk, it was pretty funny. As well, they have been known to practice PPV finishes at them as well. I think it was the same house show that had Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar, and they tried out the finish that Eddie would use to capture his first WWE Championship. It was pretty cool to see.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:10 AM   #204
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
I remember going to a house show back in 01 or 02 and the raw in 03..old memories
haven't paid attention to wrestling for a good 4 years now
Posted via RS Mobile
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #205
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
We aren't, plain and simple. The last PPV we had was Rock Bottom in 1998 and the last time we had RAW was 2003 (Luckily I got row 3 on the camera side!). Yes, it is a stupid place to host a WWE event but no one comes out for the house shows here, and when they had them at the Coliseum it was maybe half full. Reasonable that they'd move to a smaller venue don't you think? I'm not trying to single you out but it's that sort of thinking that will never get us any more big WWE events. If they get a strong presence at the house shows, I'll bet we'd get a RAW or Smackdown. But they don't, so we won't.

Also, if you think house shows are stupid, some pretty cool things happen at them. Because it's not televised the wrestlers have a lot more freedom in their matches and you end up with some much better performances (I think, anyway). It also lets them be a little goofier than they normally would. I remember a Smackdown house show here where it was Kurt Angle vs Big Show. Kurt Angle took a swig of milk either before or during the match, so Big Show downed a beer and pretended to wrestle the match drunk, it was pretty funny. As well, they have been known to practice PPV finishes at them as well. I think it was the same house show that had Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar, and they tried out the finish that Eddie would use to capture his first WWE Championship. It was pretty cool to see.
LOL that house show was awesome where Big Show pretended to be drunk. That was also the show where the ref who screwed Bret got booed so hard he was getting quite annoyed.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #206
Ricer Mod

Cro Cop vs. Alberto Del Rio under his old name.

Oh and FYI Del Rio is 7-2 in MMA with 6 submissions.

Berz out.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #207
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
barrett destroyed

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #208

I know someone that does security at Rogers (GM Place).

Did anyone here hear why GM Place stopped hosting WWE Events??
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #209
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
The product isn't hot, so they just go to the smaller venue is my guess
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #210

It could've been hot, but they put shitty product in vancouver because they can never have a venue in Rogers Arena.

But the story behind that was that one of the wrestlers struck an employee and hospitalized him.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #211
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Someone posted this is the video games section but I thought you guys would enjoy it as well

hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #212
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Haven't been watching WWE for a month now, who wants to update me

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #213
Ricer Mod

Miz is Champ, Morrison just got beat in a falls count anywhere match for the title. CM Punk is now the leader of Nexus and Barrett got exiled. This happened as Barrett was about to win a 3 way cage match for number 1 contenders status against Orton and Sheamus.
Cena is away for some reason for the time being. That's the RAW update.

Smackdown Edge is champ after shitty storyline and the whole Smackdown show is quite shit right now IMO. Daniel Bryan is still champ but I think tonight that Kofi might win the IC belt off Ziggler. That's my prediction anyways.

Berz out.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #214
Banned (ABWS)

barrett is on smackdown now. he is still a heel, despite rumours of a face turn. moving forward he will stay a singles wrestler on smackdown for the time being
bigrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:33 AM   #215
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

they moved barrett to smackdown?
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #216
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
What happened to Cena.

It's been getting boring so I've stopped watching for a few weeks. I really can't stand that "excuse me!!!!!" bitch's voice. What is she? She has been with so many male wrestlers since her Eddie Guarerro died.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #217
MOD

edge and ziggler
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #218
Ricer Mod

Ziggler #1 contender after losing the IC belt to Kofi.... pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

I think Barrett was doing good as the Leader of Nexus but his winning contract with NXT probably stipulated him going off on his own and not having the rest of those guys ride his coat tails. I think a Barrett vs Edge feud could be good.

Anyone else completely sick of Rey the Midget Mysterio? They need to get rid of him I just don't find his underdog bullshit amusing anymore.

Berz out.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #219
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
edge and ziggler
Posted via RS Mobile
Wasn't she supposed with The big show for a while? IIRC, someone had video of them together which is why Edge and her supposely split.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #220

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Ziggler #1 contender after losing the IC belt to Kofi.... pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

I think Barrett was doing good as the Leader of Nexus but his winning contract with NXT probably stipulated him going off on his own and not having the rest of those guys ride his coat tails. I think a Barrett vs Edge feud could be good.

Anyone else completely sick of Rey the Midget Mysterio? They need to get rid of him I just don't find his underdog bullshit amusing anymore.

Berz out.
Too bad he has a shitload of fans.. his finisher is still a joke

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #221
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:

Berz out.
IMO, they completely screwed up the whole Nexus storyline from the start, and when they could have had a potentially blockbuster storyline out of it, they pussied out. I'll write more about this when I've had some sleep haha.

I semi agree with you about Mysterio. I'm not sick of him per se, I'm sick of him being in the "heavyweight" division. One of the biggest mistakes the WWE has made has been getting rid of the cruiserweight division. Rey would have a proper place to wrestle, and guys like Evan Bourne and Tyson Kidd, hell even Kofi and American Dragon (Daniel Bryan) could actually show off their talent, instead of (in Evan's case) being jobbed out.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #222
MOD

any royal rumble predictions?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #223