REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #101
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
one time a lady was running into crystal mall from metro and she dropped her wallet... she didn't even noticed... i picked it up and chased her from metro into crystal mall and handed it to her without asking for even a thanks in return
But did she say thanks?
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:31 AM   #102
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I live in a low-rise with the typical slow-ass elevator. I live on the 4th floor, so when I come home from work, I ride the elevator to my floor, and I'll send it down the garage when i exit. This way, the next person coming up from the garage won't have to wait 5 hours for the elevator to arrive.

I've been on the receiving end, and it's nice to get to the elevator just as it arrives, and it opens up empty.
How do you know you're not screwing someone over that's on the 3rd floor that pressed the button to go down just after the elevator has passed by their floor?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:17 AM   #103
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

^hahahah i didn't think of that either

Bought a homeless guy 2 burgers from MCD, he asked for a junior chicken and a dbl bacon cheese.

lets keep the thread alive!!
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #104
Douchebag Lover

I regularly open doors for people, most of which never give a word of thanks.

I'm doing up a card for that 5 year old boy tonight after work (already have the card!), and will mail it tomorrow.
Dentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #105
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
While everyone was honking at this one girl’s car because it broke down on a busy road, I parked and helped her push it off to the side of the road. Instead of honking, come out and help!

I don't even keep count or remember all the things I do because it's second nature to me now. Every time I see someone struggling, needing assistance I help out. Only takes a couple seconds but it's nice to know we can all help each other out. I hate people who can't see past their fucking nose! Reminds me this couple who sat around small talking while the restaurant was full and people were outside lining up in the cold waiting for a seat! They were obviously done eating too!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #106
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I was on the Canada Line and a young guy dropped his bus pass as he walked out of the train. I picked it up and caught up with him, tapped him on the shoulder while handing it to him and said "hey, you dropped your bass pus". Lots of people were around and immediately looked at me funny when I said that. I felt really awkward and walked away quickly.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #107
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
How do you know you're not screwing someone over that's on the 3rd floor that pressed the button to go down just after the elevator has passed by their floor?
Chances of that happening are slim depending on the time. At 5 in the afternoon, you'd have a vast majority of residents arriving home from work.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #108
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
I help whichever way I can if the opportunity arises.

helpless bum asking for spare change? buy food for him don't give $.
people that try to bum smokes? tell him you are doing him a favor not giving it to him.
people that are stranded on the street with hazard lights on? take a couple minutes pull over to see if you can help.

etc.

lots of things a person can do, and even the slightest things could mean alot to some people. The question being, will you sacrifice some of you time and/or posessions to help a fellow human being?

I do that's why I'm broke.

HAHAHAHA

anyways.....
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #109
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
I feel good today. I freed a bird that was stuck in the lawn wire things.

Either it was playing dead, or it felt my kindness
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #110
S-S-S-SOUL CRUSHER

This halloween on my way back to my car at the shark club there was a girl outside in the rain by Library square all by her self she was crying and shaking so i went up to her asked her what was wrong and she said some creepy guy was following her and scared her
she said she called her brother to come pick her up so i stayed with her for an hour and a half to make sure she was safe and got her ride and she was super cold so i gave her my cape from my harry potter costume till her bro picked her up
HollyZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #111
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
This halloween on my way back to my car at the shark club there was a girl outside in the rain by Library square all by her self she was crying and shaking so i went up to her asked her what was wrong and she said some creepy guy was following her and scared her
she said she called her brother to come pick her up so i stayed with her for an hour and a half to make sure she was safe and got her ride and she was super cold so i gave her my cape from my harry potter costume till her bro picked her up
What if she felt like you were another one of those creepy guys?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #112
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retah View Post
What if she felt like you were another one of those creepy guys?
Holly = Female.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #113
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

this one time, i was walking behind a girl, both of us trying to exit the building. she opened the door and i walked thru first, then she said "u'r welcome" before i said "thank you" i ended up not saying anything since she was so rude i know i was rude for going thru 1st when she clearly opened the door for herself lol

anyway this happened a yr ago, me and some girls were going to karaoke in richmond after having dinner at that chinese noodle place thingy with the big winking doll face(forgot the name). its raining like hell outside and we only have 1 umbrella between the 2 of us, then 2 blind old ladies gets off the bus in front of us. they seem lost so i just asked if they need a hand with anything. they wanted to get to that hotel on No.3 road, (i did not know where it is, only that its somewhere close by), so i held their hands and got them there, it took around 15mins to actually get there. by the end of it me and the girl was wet from head to toe. (she was holding the umbrella for the two ladies).

even tho i was all wet it felt really good to help out these ppl, the girl was also kinda moved by what i did. on our way back she held me pretty close when we were sharing the umbrella. we were just beginning to go out then, so this act of kindness kinda helped us get it going abit quicker lol
bbqsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #114
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^ shit thats so win!

you got MAJOR brownie points from your gf I bet!
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:45 AM   #115
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
That's awesome Holly. I wish there were more people like you in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 AM   #116
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Some years ago, i was attending the dragonboat event near B.C Place. As the date ended, i was pulling out and heading home. A man came over as i was exiting the parking lot asking for change. He wasnt well groomed, but had a sport jacket on. Honestly, i thought it was a bum on the street trying to make a quick buck in the crowd. He told me he is a visitor from out of the country and his wallet got stolen , so decided to head back to the hotel to get more cash, leaving his wife and kid there. So he was trying to get change to bus back to the hotel.

Instead of giving him change, i gave it some thought and offered him a ride. He was shocked to hear that, but given the situation I thought either 1). He turned me down if he is a bum, and go for an easier target 2). He really needed help, and not like the Translink system is any good for visitors. He wouldnt know where he was heading. He replied, "Let me go tell my wife and kid first, be back in 15 mins".

So I waited for him for 15 mins, thinking he must have gone to a easier target. After around 20 mins, I decided to leave, and that he wasnt coming back. As I was pulling out. I saw he waved to his family and rushed over the street to meet me again in the parking lot.

Needless to say, the family was very thankful.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:28 AM   #117
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
a few years ago going west bound on south west marine drive, by the nice houses, i saw this taxi fuckin crash into some other car lol, i was a witness so i stayed and the cops came and took down a statement, and then i gave the customer of the taxi cab a ride to ubc.

another time there was an accident almost at the exact same spot on SW marine, lol, i didn't see it, but i was the 2nd guy there on scene, the dude inside the car was PTFO. I just made sure the dude wasn't gonna do the funky chicken or some shit, until the paramedics came.

a few times along 4th and nw marine drive intersection split, a lot cars have crashed there, i've usually gone down and called the cops and seen if they're okay, but, lol, i shouldn't laugh but half the time they're dead or dying. it's ridiculous.

I let this hot taiwanese chick fuck me once, i didn't like her, so i was doing her a favor.

I have to throw in this one as well. i had a friend way back early in highschool that got checked into riverview, so i went to visit him this one time and he had other friends there or whatever, i was wandering around and I sat down with one of the other patients there, for a good 30min to let him spill his story out of why he was there, anyways it was all kind hearted and all that bullshit, till i realised that i was in a place with crazy people, and that his story was completely crazy. something about him being a cosmonaut and some CIA agents captured him, and something about him flying to mars on some secret mission, it was pretty funny. I gave him a thumbs up and okay good luck on your secret mission, and left (after he finished of course lol). I wonder how many times he's told that story. reminded me almost of the scene straight outta 12 monkeys.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 11-09-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #118
Douchebag Lover

A student came into work yesterday and wasn't able to afford their entire purchase - I ended up charging them for 3/4's of it (what they said they could afford), and dismissed the rest of the purchase; It made her day.

We found a wallet today, called the owner and turns out he didn't even realize he lost it. He was amazed we called him back, and hadn't taken anything. That made his day too.

Wrote up a card for that 5-year old boy today, and will be mailing it off tomorrow
Dentz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #119
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Almost forgot about this thread. Changing the world would be impossible, but every bit helps.

One step at a time.

I would like to hear more feel good stories from fellow RS members. It doesn't even have to involve you. If you saw a random act of kindness, share the story.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #120
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
a women I work with has a daughter and it is her 4th bday today. Well I found out and bought her a Barbie Princess costume as a surprise gift. She came in today to have bday lunch with mom and I surprised both her mom and her with the gift.

She was so happy it was beyond adorible. Kids are just great.

Ya not that random but it cheered my day up
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #121
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i was on my lunch break back in gr 11 and i went to our local lil supermarket plaza place where theres like food and all that jazz, as i was leaving out to head back to school i saw an old lady on the ground infront of a house. i quickly pulled over and rushed to see what was wrong, at the same time someone else had done the same. I knew first aid (i was in first aid at school) and so did the other men ,except he was a level ahead of me so i let him handle it. i did help him tho like supporting her head which she banged it pretty hard cus she was bleeding from it. Needled to say, i lost a nice sweater that day cus it was soaked in blood =x but in the end we called the ambulance and i stayed there til they got there. The paramedics gave us thanks and we went our seperate ways.

Then during school i got called down to the principals office and im liek wut!!! haha and i guess some bystander who saw me at the scene, knew me, and had called my principal to explain why i was late to school again. Needless to say he thanked me for showing the community what kids from my school are all about and i got a community service award

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)

Last edited by XplicitLuder; 09-02-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling errors lulz
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #122
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
^awesome story. My mother in law passed out from the heat a few years ago and was lying face down in the dirt. A youngster from the high school nearby saw her and called for help. If he hadn't found her and call for help, she would have died, according to the paramedics. There are people out there who would just walk by and not help or get involved.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #123
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
At quiznos, guy in front of me forgets his wallet in the car so he runs out to grab it. His sandwhich was ready already, but when he came back in he apologized because he couldn't find it in his car. Before he left I told him I would pay for it, as long as he returns the favour to a random person sometime soon.

At mcdaonlds drive thru, me and another person arrive at the same time, but instead of the usually race to the speaker thing, the guy waved me through and smiled. So at the next window I asked the person what he ordered and paid for it.

Tim Hortons Drive thru (yes I eat fast food a lot) When ordering I notice the employee in the window kept looking back at me while talking to the customer paying. I pull up to pay and the guy says the person in front of me has paid for my order. So I waited for someone to order behind me, and paid for their order. As I drove away I watched a 4th person in line looked confused because I guess the person behind me had also done the same thing for him. Wonder how long it went for lol

After dropping my brother off at a party I was driving home, when I drove by 2 guys and 2 girls walking(middle of nowhere). The girls were crying so I pulled over and asked if everything was okay. Turned out one of the guys got jumped 15 minutes before and they were walking home because they didn't have any money for a cab. I offered them a ride, and I'm glad I did because it was about a 15 minute drive, in the middle of the night in the rain.....

At PNE last Year, had an extra ticket (get them through work) so I went to the admission place. Found a guy who looked like with a few couples around him and gave him the ticket.

Last edited by Jgresch; 09-02-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #124
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I try to be helpful at work to those really old people (worked as tech support so you can image all those seniors calling in). But sometimes I just got so mad at them. Is one thing to go the extra mile for them but some of them take it as if I HAVE TO HELP them. I am sorry but no I don't have to help you outside of work procedures, I help you because I am nice ><
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #125
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
wow i need to start doing nice things

Jgresch your story made me

donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: