REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #126
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
^LOL
Advertisement
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #127
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I remember paying for a new visitors skytrain ticket from the airport to downtown ...
Posted via RS Mobile
JesseBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #128
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I buy the same two homeless people McDonald's every morning on my way to work.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #129
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
I returned somebody's lost phone.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #130
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
From a past experience, I tend not to help those who ask for money. I was at Superstore on Grandview once, and this women approaches me asking for $2 because she apparently lost her wallet, and had no money back to Surrey. $2? Yes of course, not a problem. I finish my grocery shopping, come out and see her asking another person, overhearing the same story she told me. I told the person that she told me the exact same story 15 minutes ago, and she walked away. I mean, if you genuinely need help, sure...but I can't see myself helping those who are lying their way for money.
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #131
McLyin'

Thanked 1,677 Times in 169 Posts
i was on the bus today and i see a lady with a bunch of can i guess she was going to the depo to return them she had like 8 garbage bags full i was early for a lunch date so i asked her if she needed help with the cans i guess its weird cuz i got looks from everyone on the bus... but i got off at the east van return it depo and helped her return the cans spent about 30 mins sorting them for her she got like 35 bucks ish give or take. i went on my lunch date smelling like the depo my date asked why i smelt so bad i told her the story and she melted in my hands
dr.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #132
Need to Seek Professional Help

I bought a homeless man some new clothes/supplies preparing for the winter.
ptrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #133
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Old white lady couldnt walk up the stairs, so i helped her up. it was like 4 stairs.

felt like straight outta a movie, no cute chicks were watching. damn.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #134
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

A customer forgot her iPhone 4 at my workplace last week. Another customer forgot her iPhone 3GS a couple days ago. Both iPhones were kept in a safe place and later on returned.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #135
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ did u try to get her numbers after =D
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #136
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

worked at pne this year before i quit,
i often gave people with their girlfriends or kids or anyone who were kind anything they wanted,
and to people who conversed, i enjoy the accompaniment of parents that are able to talk to, than mundane parents who just watch their kids play and think they're just wasting their money on the dam game
didn't really care if my supervisor was there
be kind to those who are kind is what i always say,
DinhNg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #137

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Just happened 20 minutes ago

This woman came up to me and explained her story about cancer, she started talking that she needs $18.50 for her prescriptions and she really needs to take her prescription but has no money etc. Anyways, me being the good guy greg, drove her to the cambie medical clinic, talked to the doctor, and gave her the subscription.

Struck me sometimes that some things do happen for a reason at times, and today it happened for that woman.
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #138
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Thanks for bringing this thread back to life.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #139

yes it should be bumped daily
Old 10-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #140
MG1

Yes, you'd figure with the amount of people logged in to RS on a daily basis, at least one person can give a story of kindness per day. It's not about the person who did the good deed, but rather the "feel good" story that inspires others and give people hope in humanity.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #141
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
Just happened 20 minutes ago

This woman came up to me and explained her story about cancer, she started talking that she needs $18.50 for her prescriptions and she really needs to take her prescription but has no money etc. Anyways, me being the good guy greg, drove her to the cambie medical clinic, talked to the doctor, and gave her the subscription.

Struck me sometimes that some things do happen for a reason at times, and today it happened for that woman.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #142
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I saw someone changing a tire on the side of the road today and it looked like he was having some difficulty, so I turned around to offer them some help. It was a young guy who had bought a civic with rims, but was unaware that aftermarket wheels use a different style lug nut than oem and he didn't have the key. Fortunately, I have the same lug nuts, so I helped him change the tire and gave him the key since I have two spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrinh View Post
I bought a homeless man some new clothes/supplies preparing for the winter.
I like this idea, there's a homeless person I see hanging around regularly and I buy him a coffee from time to time, his coat looks like it's in pretty rough shape. I'm going to pick up a nice warm coat and surprise him with it.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #143
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
i pulled over after witnessing an accident going home from work, helped the lady and her son to the sidewalk and helped her get her insurance ready, called her husband, gave her my number as a witness.

good day
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #144
Need my Daily Fix of RS

As I was closing my garage door last night at around 12 am, I notice my neighbor's garage door was still open. I saw one of the room's light was on so I rang the doorbell but no one answered. After waiting for 2 minutes or so, I decided to just go and close it.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #145
Founder, RS Veteran

Good thread.

This was wayyy back a few years ago. I was waiting in traffic on Granville St. going northbound. My gf + her coworker was in my celica. Suddenly BAM! A middle-aged white guy in his cadillac got hit trying to turn left. The other car went up a curb. Everyone sits there frozen like "holy sh**!" coz it happened around SO many people. Total bystander effect. I was pissed that no one was helping and just simply watching. Oil was seeping underneath like water. Oh damn...

As everyone in my car was in shock, I decided to run out to see if the dude was ok. I opened the driver door and talked to him.. he was completely disoriented. The car was still on, with the dashboard lights all lit up. This worried me. I told him to turn the car off and as smoke started seeping from the dashboard. He was still traumatized so I told him to get out and I went in. I wrestled to pull the key out. It was stuck. F$%! I thought, should I get the heck outta there? What if the car explodes? F#$@ it, I wrestled with the key a bit more and managed to turn it to the off position and then I bolted. I saw that others were already attending to the dude.

By then, the firemen was on site and I told one guy about the smoke and the oil. They started to put some powder stuff on the oil immediately. I went back into my car and my gf and her coworker couldn't believe what I just did in the span of 5 minutes, lol. As we drove off and I had time to digest what happened, I realized that I put myself in harm's way. Stupid, really, just rushing in like that without thinking. However, if something bad happened to the guy, I would feel too guilty NOT doing anything and I prolly wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Never shared this with anyone, not even my friends know. Ahh, RS, you are my therapist

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #146
I bringith the lowerballerith

So i was dog sitting for a friend last night and it started to bark. So i took it around the block for a walk. I left through the garage (since my shoes were there) and i left it open thinking that it would be a quickie for the dog.

Few minutes later i come back and its fucking closed. I was in comfortable attire(meaning im coming back to the house) some fucker mustve saw me leave and thought it would be funny to lock me out. Called a locksmith and got inside after 30minutes of freezing.

Teaches me to ever be randomly kind to a friend and his dog.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #147

This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #148
MG1

Old 10-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #149
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
So i was dog sitting for a friend last night and it started to bark. So i took it around the block for a walk. I left through the garage (since my shoes were there) and i left it open thinking that it would be a quickie for the dog.

Few minutes later i come back and its fucking closed. I was in comfortable attire(meaning im coming back to the house) some fucker mustve saw me leave and thought it would be funny to lock me out. Called a locksmith and got inside after 30minutes of freezing.

Teaches me to ever be randomly kind to a friend and his dog.

I'm not sure the word retard even defines what you are.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #150
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I helped a girl lose her virginity
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote