REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #2301
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I've had my eye on a Niterider Lumina 650 for some time (well, since we had our second kid and my "free time" comes only when they're in bed for the night ), seems like a great little package: 4 levels, lots of burn time, usb recharge, handlebar + helmet mount, really bright. I had originally thought about something in the 200-350 lumen range but a light that could also be used to mountain bike at night would be sweet. Prices are very good on Amazon.com too, a little over $100 if I remember correctly.

Now that I'm on the road bike more I'm becoming a little self-conscious about using my mtb lid, which looks out of place but also lack the ventilation and light weight that would be beneficial. The Giro Atmos looks sweet, as does the Bell Volt, and both are in the $110 range online. Anyone have experience with them?
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #2302
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,386 Times in 4,259 Posts
Oh, hello.
Spoiler!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #2303
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Oh, hello.
Spoiler!
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #2304
RS Veteran

So, I e-mailed Vince Picollo @ 49th Parallel Coffee about sponsoring a team kit. Money was not going to happen since the company rarely, if ever, sponsors or advertises (they simply don't need to so instead, I asked if they would be willing to offer those in full team kit (shorts/jersey) a discount of 10-15% off their menu prices.

Here was his reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49th Parallel Coffee
Hi Mike,

We can do something but is there another way to go about this? Reason is we don't have a discount code programmed in the cafe because its something that gets abused. The only way to do this is to have a manager go to the POS and discount an item.

Problem is the manager isn't always there.

Is there another solution?

Regards,

Vince
Not faulting Vince for his reply. I appreciate the truth and the discount thing is totally understandable. It is his business and I see why/how he has to protect his revenue. (I was once heavily interested in the coffee business.)

I like his shop a lot and a few of us have been hard parking there after rides etc. Perhaps a free drink upgrade? i.e. Medium for the price of a small? Anybody have any other ideas in how we can make this happen?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #2305
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrophobia View Post

Now that I'm on the road bike more I'm becoming a little self-conscious about using my mtb lid, which looks out of place but also lack the ventilation and light weight that would be beneficial. The Giro Atmos looks sweet, as does the Bell Volt, and both are in the $110 range online. Anyone have experience with them?
I have the Giro Atmos and I love it. It's super lightweight and fits my head perfectly. Ventilation on head is awesome, and I honestly forget I have a helmet on because its that damn comfortable
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 AM   #2306
Better safe than Surrey

Alpha- I don't use a helmet mount light, but the e-bay light I just purchased has a mount/head band to use. The remote battery pack would be kludgy, but it keeps weight off your head.

I'm fine with a handle bar light and I ride in the dead of night. Personal preference I guess.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #2307
RS Veteran

Quote:
I use a Bell Sweep. Picked mine up at Pacific Multisport on sale in December for $120 - $140'ish? I don't remember but so far, super happy with this helmet. Light weight and excellent ventilation. Nicer than the Atmos/Volt and worth the extra few bucks, IMO.

I believe he still has some on sale.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #2308
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Hey acrophobia, not sure if your interested but I'm selling my Giro Atmos. Its in new condition. I bought it in September. It's black, with silver and red accents. Comes with a set of brand new interior lining pads (pads that are attached to the inside of the helmet that sit against ur head), the manual, no box.

Size Medium - $75.00

Holla if you're interested

Quote:
The Giro Atmos looks sweet, as does the Bell Volt, and both are in the $110 range online. Anyone have experience with them?
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by 604CEFIRO; 04-17-2013 at 07:10 AM.
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #2309
RS Veteran

^
Sweet deal!

Old 04-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #2310

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Hey acrophobia, not sure if your interested but I'm selling my Giro Atmos. Its in new condition. I bought it in September. It's black, with silver and red accents. Comes with a set of brand new interior lining pads (pads that are attached to the inside of the helmet that sit against ur head), the manual, no box.

Size Medium - $75.00

Holla if you're interested

Posted via RS Mobile
That is a great deal, and I'd be all over it if my head wasn't so big...my melon is a definite large
Old 04-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #2311

Quote:
I use a Bell Sweep. Picked mine up at Pacific Multisport on sale in December for $120 - $140'ish? I don't remember but so far, super happy with this helmet. Light weight and excellent ventilation. Nicer than the Atmos/Volt and worth the extra few bucks, IMO.

I tried on a Sweep and really liked it too. Shops here are bloody expensive; Sweep is $175, Volt is $210, and Atmos is $220. I can't afford NOT to by used or online.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #2312
RS Veteran

^
Give John @ Pacific Multisport a call and see if he still has them. I think he's trying to clear the inventory and I was there yesterday so I did see a handful of them in the showroom. Keep in mind, what he has is 2012 stock if that matters to you but for me, a deal was a deal.

Edit: Oh crap, you're not in Vancouver. Maybe he'll ship direct?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #2313
I subscribe to Revscene

pain in my left leg right in a tendon right behind my knee...i think i fuxed it up while practicing skidding on my fix lol either that or my riding position is way off and in that case i can't wait to be properly fitted this week
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #2314

hipster fail.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #2315
RS Veteran

^
Sig'ed

This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #2316
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts

Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #2317
I subscribe to Revscene

Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #2318

How are everyone's legs coming along this season?

If sunday's weather holds dry, i'm looking to do a Whytcliff, or possibly farther ride... ie// towards Squamish.

Major posh suffering involved

Last edited by 604CEFIRO; 04-17-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #2319
RS Veteran

I am out. Spending a week in LA. Wanted to ride the Cinelli too.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #2320
Banned By Establishment

anyone riding this sunday?

Last edited by tipy; 04-17-2013 at 05:43 PM.
tipy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #2321

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:

If sunday's weather holds dry, i'm looking to do a Whytcliff, or possibly farther ride... ie// towards Squamish.

Text me and force me off my couch! if it's not raining... haha
Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #2322
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:

Ha, that's funny, because I have the Bell Sweep but IMO, I think the Atmos is nicer! But I can't complain too much, I paid $50 for my Sweep. Don't know how you & all you other guys can afford the full retail prices!

With that said, I have a Limar helmet for sale, WORLD'S LIGHTEST helmet, even says so right on it! hahaha...
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #2323
RS Veteran

Ok, Vince from 49th Parallel is down with the idea of the free upgrade and/or discount but only when we show up to the shop in full team kit.

he's sending me the artwork and I'll have my sister work up a draft of what the jersey COULD look like.

any input would be awesome!

This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #2324

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
I'm out for this Sunday. Picked up a gig volunteering for the Sun Run looking out for suspicious activity, LOL.

Have fun, boys.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #2325
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:

i'm probably down for a long-ish ride sunday. need to redeem myself since our last outing lol
This post thanked by: