REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #351
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I heard from a well known person in the industry that T1R used to be made in Thailand. Don't quote me on this, I have no idea at all. My point being. I was on this website:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/..._Titanium.html

If you take a look, it looks pretty darn close to the special batch AJ is selling. You be the judge.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #352
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

flagella:

Please explain to us how things are "already settled"?

You know, this isn't just a case of a few disgruntled customers here and there who got inferior product. AJR sells a lot of stuff, and manufacturers don't make "special batches" in small quantities - the setup costs are prohibitive.

AJR has sold knock offs in the hundreds (more likely thousands) of units which means they committed a very large fraud and are criminals, plain and simple. And what makes people think the only time they've done this is with J's racing? Once a thief, always a thief. What's to stop a greedy crook from doing this with other products as well?

I thought I read that the AJR owner drives a GT-R. Well, he's paid for that GT-R by defrauding people of money selling knock offs at brand name prices. Wonder if anyone has thought of this and what they'd do next time they see him in his GT-R?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #353
Circle Stick Square Mod

oh snap made in thailand? those do look like the fake ones from the J's racing site.

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #354
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Ahhh, the thread on Fitfreak is gone
Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #355
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthehalfbee View Post
flagella:

Please explain to us how things are "already settled"?

You know, this isn't just a case of a few disgruntled customers here and there who got inferior product. AJR sells a lot of stuff, and manufacturers don't make "special batches" in small quantities - the setup costs are prohibitive.

AJR has sold knock offs in the hundreds (more likely thousands) of units which means they committed a very large fraud and are criminals, plain and simple. And what makes people think the only time they've done this is with J's racing? Once a thief, always a thief. What's to stop a greedy crook from doing this with other products as well?

I thought I read that the AJR owner drives a GT-R. Well, he's paid for that GT-R by defrauding people of money selling knock offs at brand name prices. Wonder if anyone has thought of this and what they'd do next time they see him in his GT-R?
And my point was that is there anything people on here can actually do to change anything?
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #356
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
yes here it is!
LOL!!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #357
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
Ahhh, the thread on Fitfreak is gone
AJR is their sponsor aren't they?

ppl were commenting that the thread might get removed early on too
Old 01-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #358
smk
bye bye REVscene

they got removed as sponsor on 8thcivic as well

Quote:
AJR has been removed as a vendor on the site. From the information I have received over the last week, they are no longer setup as a sponsor.

There are threads on other forums, showing customers receiving J's products, and posting pictures of the items online. Numerous individuals disputed the item as being a product of J's Racing. Quality concerns were brought up, and others determined the product was not even produced by J's (not in their catalog/or online). Upon further investigation, J's Racing was notified of the thread and photographs. A person from J's investigated the issue, and the customer stated AJ-R sold him the parts.

Individuals from J's claim no fg2 body parts were ever created. These were pure fabrications, like the other parts mentioned above (labeled, and sold as J's Racing parts). I am not going to make claims that, "AJ-R never sold a real J's part to a customer". AJ-R claimed they had removed all J's items as of April of 09. As stated earlier in this thread, I found a J's Racing item for sale on the first page of their website.

There are threads on Fitfreak, claiming a fake J's muffler was received from AJ-R (by a customer). The customer complained, and received a replacement J's Racing muffler in return. There are threads on s2000, H-T, fitfreak, and others showing similar problems, and claims of spoon replicas.

Unfortunately, further information cannot be posted publicly around this situation. Trust in the staff, that this decision was not made purely from the information posted above.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #359
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
And my point was that is there anything people on here can actually do to change anything?
Yeah, how 'bout everyone stop supporting his car and/or mortgage payments?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #360
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

To be honest though. i have some T1R stuff on my car and i never had any problems with them. I think they are best bang for the buck compare to J's stuff. I mean i have J's stuff and they just wont fit properly and they are real J's too. I don't think AJ sells fake J's stuff will effect me from giving my cars to them, But this is just my opinion.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #361
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ the last lil sentence "imo" just saved ur ass from all the angry ppl who was about 2 flame u haha
-10 Fit
Old 01-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #362
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
ok, enough ragging.

seems like this was an old issue that was resolved but sprung back up for entertainment.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Closed Thread