REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #226
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath Tussue View Post
I don't understand why people say that it is AJR's responsibility to check if the items are real or fake.
I am under the assumption that the items are shipped to AJR already in boxes. correct me if i am wrong.

In computer sales, everything comes packed in boxes.
You won't see wholesalers or retailers opening each and every box to make sure the correct item is indeed in there.

I am not defending AJR, because i persoanlly have doubt if the part i bought from them is real or not. but I also have no proof that it is not real.
it is a spoon muffler that did not come in a box, and was on display when I go pick it up.
Why wouldn't AJ know? they do installs And it's not like 1 in a thousand that's fake.... most of the time when a customer buy a part and they pick it up, they'll do a inspection at the shop if possible... don't you?
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #227
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
AJR group buy? Who's in?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #228
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil IX View Post
This problem was like almost a year ago 2009 and it says the deadline is 2009 and now J's owner is posting the letter again in January 2010? something fishy, also another thing is why does the J's owner only post this on his blog and not on the official Website? I'm sure more people would go to the official J's website more than his blog. Not trying to side on any of the two company.

also this was posted on J's Website "The copies we have found have cheap imitated appearance and are far inferior to the actual J'S RACING parts in quality, durability, and craftsmanship."

I want to ask anyone who owns a J's exhaust or Fake if they knew it was, has any one of them break? or fitment issues? sound issues? This is just a side question.
Thats a good point... If it true that these J's Racing authentic exhausts are a pos and break regardless, I'm sure these knockoffs would have broken much sooner since they're apparently worse quality than J's, and J's quality is pretty poor to begin with lol.

I've heard that an authentic J's broke after 2 weeks after purchase for an s2k lol...

Last edited by RotaryX; 01-15-2010 at 05:30 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #229
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

^ OK WE GET IT... you think J's racing exhuasts suck, now stfu
Old 01-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #230
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Js racing products are also over priced
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #231
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
benefit of the doubt
No shit..
Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #232
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

haters and fanboys are all alike, everything written on here is an assumption, you can't seriously believe this and that because some guy behind a monitor thinks he knows everything about the scene. You haven't heard from either parties directly, who's to know what's the real truth. I like AJ's owner, and I acknowledge their accomplishments, but posting stupid comments and photoshopping pictures is pretty dumb imo. If this whole thing is true.. I'm super disappointed.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #233
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
No shit..
Your sarcasm sucks :P
Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #234
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
230+ posts

epic.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #235
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
^I guess you have a point. The threads should stay up to add pressure to AJR to disclose WTF happened.
Are people really going to believe A&J if they come up with a response to the issue? That just leads to finger-pointing and that's why these threads never go anywhere.

I've been in the Honda scene for quite a while now and here are my two cents. I have seen many J's Racing products in person and online from various sources and many of the products under the same name or part number look very different from one another, and as 5Zigen pointed out earlier, the timing of everything in this case seems to be too much of a coincidence.

As far as I know, one of J's mechanics from Japan stayed and worked at A&J for quite a while and something like this surely would've caught his attention as he was in charge of shipping/receiving as well as parts installation. A&J also shipped at least one car (Fit?) overseas to J's Racing for their USDM product development, and that may be the reason why there are A&J edition parts floating around on the market.

Anyway, I'm not affiliated with A&J in any way and I'm just speculating like everyone else here. I'd like to know the real story behind this mess as well but I've been in the import scene long enough to know that we may never find out what really happened. I'd be pretty disappointed if A&J indeed sold counterfeit products as they've been in the tuner business long enough to know better than that.

Last edited by JL9000; 01-15-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #236
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
230+ posts

epic.
2 days.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #237
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
some posts on fitfreak seem to suggest that A&J sold fake spoon and 5zigen products in the past or products that were highly suspect but the question was dismissed because it came from A&J...

They're certainly bringing Chinese fakes to a whole new level
The only thing I bought from them are Mugen visors. Now surely they can't mess with that, can they? The packaging and instructions seemed legit.

Fucking fakes everywhere....... better check to see if my mom isn't fake. Wait, she's not from China. LOL.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #238
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
WHAT THE FUCK IS BENEFITS FOR THE DOUBTS
All your base are belong to us............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #239
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,263 Times in 1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
as an example: Watch baseball? Mark McGwire - recently came out and told he took steroids.

Good for him, however took him 5 years to do it. At the congressional hearings, he didn't say he did it, didn't say anything at all, but was more or less implied he did it on the way he responded.

It's the same thing here, not replying and giving a statement, is a form of responding.

That is why, lots of company issues statements that isn't vague, isn't an around about and more or less a DIRECT answer.
this is what i was thinking also. considering this happened back in mid 2009, the total lack of an official response on their website is worrisome; especially to previous, current and future customers.
Spoiler!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #240
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

My post on fitfreak.net.......

.................................................. .................................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
Realistically from what I can recall, it was a similar incident such as the current one with J's Racing, where A & J Racing was actually caught reproducing Spoon Sports infamous N1 exhaust and then sold them as a genuine product without the authorization from Spoon Sports.

That's right. Numerous flame wars went on regarding to different stuff on honda-acura.net, honda-tech, revscene.net(vancouver local forum) etc since late 1990s.

I know the guys at A&J & started dealing with them since 1997. And I used to be on honda-acura.net & honda-tech quite a lot back then. Think it started off with whether A&J or Boom Plus Toys was the legit SPOON distributor in N.America wayyyyyyyyy back then. I've seen people bashing A&J on different SPOON/Endless/Buddy Club products that they carried/carry, bashing Honda NA setup that they used to mainly go for, bashing the way of "building the cars for corners". But quite some of these stuff got pretty popular after years....
- spoon equipped/jdm cars all over the internet
- track days/time attack
- wilder & wilder NA setup now compare with NOS & turbo etc in the late 90s

And then T1R exhaust items came out. Flame war went on again. Some of u guys probably read about those T1R Vs TYPE ONE Japan and if they're related kinda argument way back then(still going on & on). And I wonder if anyone here remember a header test on HT quite awhile ago. SPOON/Mugen/Jun/T1R Vs. Hytech/SMSP kinda stuff.

Some of these flame wars came on when SPOON switched their distributor if I remember correctly? And then now J's.....

I personally don't know whether A&J sold fake J's exhaust. Since I'm not a big fan of J's racing anyway. So I never looked at the J's item that the guys had on display. Good quality titanium are expensive to begin with, like ARC & Amuse etc. J's Ti exhaust are cheaper, but still not THAT cheap?

If I wanna copy I'd probably do another Twin-Loop, a true 2.5" version coz after all everyone knows it's Mugen. At least it will cost me less to manufacture coz it's stainless steel but not Ti More average people can afford to buy this nice exhaust.

When I shop for parts they're not the only guys I go for. Ben KNOWS that I'm fucking picky & shop all over the place. And he KNOWS I do squeeze him like crazy for discount sometimes. But for the SPOON/Zeal/Endless/Buddy Club/T1R/Advan/Exedy/JDM Honda/Bride/HKB product that I bought from these guys in the last 13years never failed on me. I don't have much complain about this local shop. Well, other than waiting for a Bride rail for 4months GOD DAMN it BEN!

If u say the T1R/Exedy clutch is a rip off. Exchange rate changes ALL the time, the best bet is to call/email/PM them for price. I have this set of T1R/Exedy clutch for about 25000km now. Went through 3 HARSH lapping day here in BC & in WA, quite some hard launch in many autocross events & bunch of stop & go Vancouver downtown driving. Clutch still grip very well.....

Anyway, sorry about my bad English. Just my 0.02.....
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #241
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
the tuner world here is filled with counterfeit products, more commonly known as replica. I personally have bought expensive authentic JDM shit and also some cheaper replica stuff as well, it all depends on what your specific needs are.

Most people buy replica parts, because of the cheaper price we all know this.... and I don't have a problem with any shop selling replica shit they manufactured themselves in some chinese factory, we all know the market is flooded with this stuff and almost every one of us in the tunerverse has bought a part like this at one time or another.... no problem there

but what I, and every one of you should have a problem with is when that shop tries to pass these parts as "authentic" and selling it to you at the same price point.

and not only that but going through great lengths to disguise the true nature of the product is fckin disgusting to me.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #242
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
the tuner world here is filled with counterfeit products, more commonly known as replica. I personally have bought expensive authentic JDM shit and also some cheaper replica stuff as well, it all depends on what your specific needs are.

Most people buy replica parts, because of the cheaper price we all know this.... and I don't have a problem with any shop selling replica shit they manufactured themselves in some chinese factory, we all know the market is flooded with this stuff and almost every one of us in the tunerverse has bought a part like this at one time or another.... no problem there

but what I, and every one of you should have a problem with is when that shop tries to pass these parts as "authentic" and selling it to you at the same price point.

and not only that but going through great lengths to disguise the true nature of the product is fckin disgusting to me.
i bought Mugen replica wheels by rota, labeled as rota, for the cost of rota. i would not buy Mugen replica wheels by rota, labeled as mugen, for the cost of mugen.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #243
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
i bought Mugen replica wheels by rota, labeled as rota, for the cost of rota. i would not buy Mugen replica wheels by rota, labeled as mugen, for the cost of mugen.

totally agree.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
Old 01-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #244
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

10,000+ views, real or not this is damaging to AJR's reputation and business. if it were my company, i would be up in arms defending myself against such HUGE accusations.
Spoiler!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #245
My homepage has been set to RS

i hope this is not ture....is not the fact i know them.. but reading all these post, make me thing the other way. they do sell fake stuff. makes me think all the DC5, when it first came to my head is. J's Racing Brake Kit if anybody recall that back in 2006 ? or 7?
is that REAL? or fake?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #246
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Couldn't state it better myself!

I have nothing to add except: Where is AJ's response?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #247
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
All your base are belong to us............

This can be refered to AJ vs J's too.

New Greater Vancouver BMW Forums..

GV///Bimmers
Old 01-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #248
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

^
Spoiler!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #249
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkayem View Post

This can be refered to AJ vs J's too.
lol
Old 01-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #250
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
i reread the letter, and found something you guys might've overlooked

Quote:
First of all, it is almost 9 years since we, J’s Racing, started a business
relationship with your company in 2002
given that its 2010, and their partnership started in 2002, almost nine years would be almost 2011. if this letter had been delivered last year, than it would've been 7 years. nowhere close to 9 years

that, plus the fact that this was only recently posted on the guys blog lead me to believe that the "April 2009" part was the error in this letter

although i could have missed something entirely
Closed Thread