REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #276
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
it's like Footlocker claim that Nike made a special batch of T shirts without the Nike badge. And Footlocker kept selling them until someone complaints about it and Nike found out that Footlocker is copying the T Shirts. Then, Footlockers gonna say, Nike supplied us some T shirts without The Nike Logo, without Nike Tags, No Nike packing.
I agree, except
AJR put it in a J's Racing box with J's taping
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #277
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ fking china can copy anything... all u have to do is pay a guy who has a nice scanner $5 and get the scan over to a tape company... done deal. i bet u the excess rolls of tape are being used to package fake "spoon" parts in china haha and the excuse will be "the join company, i dont noe anything, it came like this from japan!"
-10 Fit
Old 01-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #278
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

what i got so far from this thread is this:
-J's accuses AJ of manufacturing and distributing unauthorized copies of their products.
-AJ of course denies this.

-How would a large company like J's NOT know what they are building, and for who? there must be serial #'s, Tracking #'s etc.

-Why hasn't AJ chimed into defend themselves? possibly pending the outcome of the lawsuit from J's? If they did request a special batch of products for themselves, there must be a memo or order form filled out somewhere, some kind of paper trail.

I'm afraid the future looks grim For AJ.

Sad. I bought my first Lightspeed header, tower bar, and springs from them way back in the early 90's.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:50 AM   #279
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Just to clarify, I think someone from AJ has replied on the FitFreak thread (post is dated 1/13/2010)

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/799051-post25.html

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

This is not something new. During 2009 summer there were posts going on in regards AJR and J's Racing already.

We have responded to previous posts and we have already told our side of the story. Anyways, for those who found this thread new and interesting, I will post our side of the story again and I will keep this simple.

Firstly, the parts we sold were supplied by J's Racing. Ever since day one when we imported the products, over 50% of the products we received did not have logos, originally packaging, catalogs or even stickers. I can speak for myself as well as AJR since I was the one who had packaged some of these products. We have been challenged by customers who had purchased these parts from us in the past saying these products were kind of sketch. There was nothing we could do if the products came to us in that condition.

Secondly, J's stated they had never made any "special edition" products like USDM versions, this was not true. There were numberous products made such as, USDM Grills, lip spoiler (GD3,FG2), GT wings (FG2)....etc. that's false info. Maybe if you got nothing to do you can run a search and you will find them.

Thirdly, there are many waranty issues, quality issues, fitment issues and missing components with the parts...............etc. JUST SEARCH on any Honda forums, you will find them. Broken or defected products never been replaced nor warranteed by the manufacturer. Those waranteed products were covered by AJR itself by paying out of it's own pocket.

Fourthly, J's Racing claimed that AJR has been selling knock off J's Racing products. Well, if the supplier supplied their products with no packaging, stickers or badgings, and denying the authenticy, what should we do??? Now this situation ended up like this.

I have been working at AJR since 2008 and I have not seen a single knock off branded product while I was doing all AJR's inventory and shipping work back at that time. I am not trying to defend the company that I work for since I can just simply pack and go without giving a damn, BUT if AJR has to be bad mouthed for no reason, I think I have to stand up for it.

Once last thing regarding to Mr. J's letter, if everything is true, AJR should have closed down and wait to get sued instead of kept up and running.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR
Kev
Old 01-17-2010, 03:01 AM   #280

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
My thoughts:

Quote:
Firstly, the parts we sold were supplied by J's Racing. Ever since day one when we imported the products, over 50% of the products we received did not have logos, originally packaging, catalogs or even stickers. I can speak for myself as well as AJR since I was the one who had packaged some of these products. We have been challenged by customers who had purchased these parts from us in the past saying these products were kind of sketch. There was nothing we could do if the products came to us in that condition.
If one customer questions the authenticity of a product, as a retailer, wouldn't you make it a point to ensure from thereon that the products you are receiving ARE authentic? I certainly would, especially since it threatens to damage the reputation of my company.

Quote:
Thirdly, there are many waranty issues, quality issues, fitment issues and missing components with the parts...............etc. JUST SEARCH on any Honda forums, you will find them. Broken or defected products never been replaced nor warranteed by the manufacturer. Those waranteed products were covered by AJR itself by paying out of it's own pocket.
Why carry the line still? If you're paying out of pocket to warranty these products I don't see the point of carrying them. This doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Fourthly, J's Racing claimed that AJR has been selling knock off J's Racing products. Well, if the supplier supplied their products with no packaging, stickers or badgings, and denying the authenticy, what should we do???
Protect your customer? Instead of playing dumb you could have:

- Checked the packages to ensure authenticity.
- Contacted the manufacturer regarding said discrepancies
- Inform your customers of the irregularities
- STOP SELLING IT.

Quote:
I have been working at AJR since 2008 and I have not seen a single knock off branded product while I was doing all AJR's inventory and shipping work back at that time.
But you claim you don't check every package. So what value is that statement?

Quote:
Once last thing regarding to Mr. J's letter, if everything is true, AJR should have closed down and wait to get sued instead of kept up and running.
Your future is in fortune telling.

Kev
Old 01-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #281
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
"There was nothing we could do if the products came to us in that condition."

that statement alone is full of problems. As a manager at McDonalds, if you receive a batch of buns that are ripped to shreds, there are a number of things you can do to rectify the situation and get normal buns back

same for any company, if the manufacturer sends you fucked up product, you can get it replaced.

in saying that there was nothing they could've done is halfway to admitting their guilt
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #282
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
what i got so far from this thread is this:
-J's accuses AJ of manufacturing and distributing unauthorized copies of their products.
-AJ of course denies this.

-How would a large company like J's NOT know what they are building, and for who? there must be serial #'s, Tracking #'s etc.

-Why hasn't AJ chimed into defend themselves? possibly pending the outcome of the lawsuit from J's? If they did request a special batch of products for themselves, there must be a memo or order form filled out somewhere, some kind of paper trail.

I'm afraid the future looks grim For AJ.

Sad. I bought my first Lightspeed header, tower bar, and springs from them way back in the early 90's.
they are done dude, especially with that new shitty location of theirs
Old 01-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #283
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
We need Crazy Asian Guy at Best Buy to pay AJR a visit.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #284
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
We need Crazy Asian Guy at Best Buy to pay AJR a visit.
Or...

"YOU KNOW???!!!" guy.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #285
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
You know guy?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #286

At the hospital, if the blood comes without a box package seal, it doesn't matter if the blood looks okay, could be okay, or is okay, we throw it all out! Car parts won't be as strict, but at least they could authenticate with j's before selling! Something does seem funny with their response...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #287
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
You know guy?
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #288

^ oh lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #289
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^well..that was random as hell hahaha
Old 01-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #290
I subscribe to Revscene

Has AJR came out to say anything about this yet?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #291
HELP ME PLS!!!

nope
Old 01-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #292
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkayem View Post
Has AJR came out to say anything about this yet?
Posted via RS Mobile
nope
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #293
The "You'd Know" Moderator

^ they have, in other forums.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #294
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
I have been working at AJR since 2008 and I have not seen a single knock off branded product while I was doing all AJR's inventory and shipping work back at that time.

because all of them are branded = T1R
Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #295
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

^
What are you even talking about? T1R itself is a fucking rip off brand already.

This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #296
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister1982 View Post
^
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #297
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh View Post
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/j-rac...ning-seat.html
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #298
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
Quote:

because all of them are branded = T1R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister1982 View Post
^
WTF are you even talking about Meister. Do you even understand BEEB's post?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #299
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

LOL i think meister needs to re-read...
-10 Fit
Old 01-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpadupa View Post
LOL i think meister needs to re-read...
x2
Closed Thread