REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #176
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

yea, you kinda completely miss the points in the letter and starting posting
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #177
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14 View Post
Have you read the letter?
I read the letter. I haven't read other forums.

From what I read it seems like only J's and AJR are pointing fingers at each other. What I'm concerned about is the actual consumer. In my opinion they are the ones who got scammed the most. So if J's can demand a compensation, shouldn't the guys who possibly bought counterfeit products have the right to?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #178
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
why do you need a tow hook on a FIT... can't handle all 96whp and need it tow off the ditch?

Im sure all the AJ sticker car owners are all going "DIUU!"
i think during Button Willow, if you are in the sand you might need a tow out. lol
Old 01-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #179
I STILL don't get it

how about this approach?

http://www.ctv.ca/consumer/
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #180
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Ajr is going to loose alot of customers.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #181
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
good thread to start the year off
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #182
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Damn thats gonna be painful if it really sells fake.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #183
smk
bye bye REVscene

good thing i didn't buy the t1r exhaust yet!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #184
Need to Seek Professional Help

wow this company is fucked if they're selling counterfeit goods.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:27 AM   #185
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil IX View Post
I've been modding my cars for a long time and have been to a lot of shops, and for those that has been around would know how JDM companies always get sour eventually. I have purchased and owned a J's racing exhaust for my s2000, my other friend has owned multiple j's racing exhaust for the s2000. To be honest i think the J's racing exhaust (Authentic) is crap, why? because people who owns them especially s2k owners. They would start to rattle due to poorly built resonator if you drive it a bit intensely, the 02 Bung has fell off from other S2K guys in the states and J's racing didn't want to replace it, so AJ helped by pocketing their own money to satisfy the customer. If you search on S2Ki a lot of J's exhaust just poorly made, and they are 100% Authentic. JDM shit is all overrated, but to be Honest again though, their quality and consistency isn't anything to brag about anyway.

Not trying to help J's or AJ Racing but i personally dealt with AJ-R they know the pro's and con's. I had great experience dealing with A&J Racing

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...=718060&st=100 This was posted back in Dec
I don't have any J's parts on my car except the front lip. From what i've seen with J's the fitment of their parts is actually really shitty, seen kits ordered from bulletproof, gotuning, and evasive including my front half lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XshimaX View Post
ya AJR should've really questioned on the changes that were made by J's without notice, where J's QC would be questioned, because I don't think anyone would've guessed the products coming straight from the manufacturer to be fake.

We only know those are knockoffs now because J's has made a statement, but even then it has not been stated officially on whether those knockoffs in question were obtained from AJR.

I'm giving AJR the benefits of the doubt because I'd like to believe a local reputable shop would not do such a thing.
So right now I'm seeing this more as a drama as an aftermath from a business deal that went sour
Agreed, in addition have you guys thought about it this way? T1R is taking alot of business away from J's. So that could be a reason for why J's racing might want to try and blame AJR for all of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryX View Post
Hmmmm... This is interesting...

From what I know and seen on s2ki forums.... 90% of J's exhausts will break lol.... I know a few friends who owned these exhausts as well and they all broke. I know AJ stood by the customers side and requested J's to send replacement exhausts, but that never came lol... Looks like J's doesn't stand by their owns products... gg LOL...

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...ic=712222&st=0
AJ-R's service has been really good, actually one of the bests i've been to. Jason is always dependable on honest opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
lol they are, they moved to a really desserted area, its like a no-mans land

funny i was just thinking about getting J's valve cover, guess i will be saving money painting it my own

UPDATE : Yup, confirmed with couple insiders, AJ DID sell fake shit. BUt not every application they sold was fake from Js racing
So elaborate on this. Proof or you could be charged for defamation.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 AM   #186
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Man.. if this is true.. did they really think they'd eventually get away with this???
Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #187
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Man.. if this is true.. did they really think they'd eventually get away with this???
It looks like they got away with it for several years.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #188
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
I don't have any J's parts on my car except the front lip. From what i've seen with J's the fitment of their parts is actually really shitty, seen kits ordered from bulletproof, gotuning, and evasive including my front half lip.

Agreed, in addition have you guys thought about it this way? T1R is taking alot of business away from J's. So that could be a reason for why J's racing might want to try and blame AJR for all of this.

AJ-R's service has been really good, actually one of the bests i've been to. Jason is always dependable on honest opinions.

what the hell does the quality of Js Racing products have to do with anything?

why are these fanbois supporting a company thats screwing them...
Old 01-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #189
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:

What the christ!?! seriously?

Oh shit guys, watch it, its the INTERNET LAWYERS
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #190

Quote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Buddy, you're an eff-ing joke. You should just keep your god damn trap shut.

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #191
Banned (BBM)

xtc u really are a AJR fag boy arent you

This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
xtc u really are a AJR fag boy arent you

K i really don't give a shit if AJR goes out of business, but what i'm trying to say is, unless you heard it straight from the guys that are in the know, then don't be posting shit. To clarify i don't have a pig sticker on my car, im not affiliated with AJR and i told you to show some proof, and you got none, so stfu?

EDIT: i like how anyone trying to speculate another reason behind this is being flamed/failed. I guess no one here is mature enough to debate/prompt reasons. Its not like i get money or anything from arguing with you guys, so stop making it sound like i'm being paid by AJR.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #193
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Well in that case surprised nobody that is sponsered by ajr has posted yet.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #194
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
K i really don't give a shit if AJR goes out of business, but what i'm trying to say is, unless you heard it straight from the guys that are in the know, then don't be posting shit. To clarify i don't have a pig sticker on my car, im not affiliated with AJR and i told you to show some proof, and you got none, so stfu?
I really dont give a shit about the other stuff you indicated in your post, I was just posting how insanely retarded it is to try to sue some for defamanation... over the internet... in an anomous internet board.... for a car shop.... regarding the ongoing validity of their parts...
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #195
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

honestly, this is such a drama for the past year and I personally is still doing business with AJR just because of the benefits of the doubts.

When everyone thinks everything J's says is right, and they failed people who stands for AJR, this is just like little kid hear something bad about a person and automatically thinks that person is BAD...

When the very first time I saw those pictures, first thing I wondered is: if they are going to copy something, why wouldn't they copy it to 95% if not 100%; that is so off to a point I wouldn't say pictures would tell, it just looks like two seperate brand product that somewhat looks similiar. This is not the way people copy brand name handbag / clothings etc, right? who would buy it?

Thru out the years I think T1R is doing not bad (even tho not my personal fav), I would get Spoon / Mugen parts for my beloved EK yet I would never get J's; it has been like knock off quality with a superior LOOK when it's NEW, yet good luck after a short while...but what does this post has to do with T1R?

I am not standing on neither side of J's or AJR, just a personal thought why J's wouldn't know AJR is selling their so called "fake" exhaust for like 2 years+, and wouldn't say a word until they got a new distributor in the states then everything just seems so "out of nowhere" and they became the victim. Don't forget, internet is a really quick place to spread the words, I'm sure people in Japan would have noticed such an issue within less than 3 months!? It's just a little bit too much of a coincident to me.

I'm sure there is a reason why AJR didn't say a word on here as they should be some legal actions taking in between the two business?! it's funny when J's racing statement says the issue should notify Anthony, it's like an elementary school teacher wants to interview a student's parents...

I really hope the issue can be settle then we will know who is right, who is wrong soon...but one day AJR is still around, that mean we should still give them the benefits OF the doubts because I'm pretty sure if they really MADE those FAKE exhaust, after almost a year J's should be able to knock them out of business long time ago...

come on guys, it's good for everyone to know such an issue but shouldn't we look for the outcome for this lawsuit first? we are not a judge or anything and I'm sure there will be people who is happy with this local shop but not happy with others, or happy everywhere else yet not with this local shop; I'm a licensed mechanic as well and I truely understand lots of the time one just can't make everyone happy ~ some people would think one does good work and is willing to pay more; some people would think one is expensive and he doesn't care how well you did the job for him ~ you are just expensive; some people wouldn't even care about what you did and they just paid for the agreed price (which of course, lots of the time I can see that's a rip off!)

cheers up everyone and I'm really waiting to see the outcome for this issue, as per J's described! Yet it could be a long and lasting one, it could be boring at the end (cause we are already too excited now)...

Last edited by 5 Zigen; 01-15-2010 at 01:47 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
I really dont give a shit about the other stuff you indicated in your post, I was just posting how insanely retarded it is to try to sue some for defamanation... over the internet... in an anomous internet board.... for a car shop.... regarding the ongoing validity of their parts...
I was being sincere in warning that DEFAMATION is pretty serious stuff, especially when it comes to a big reputable shop and that one should tread carefully, in any case it wouldn't be me suing, i'm warning. Trust me there have been more retarded cases in law. Heard of the woman that sued McDonalds because their cup didn't say CAUTION on it?
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #197

^Amen... I think this thread should be locked until an official response from AJR is posted on their website.

(this was referring to 5Ziggen's post)

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
what the hell does the quality of Js Racing products have to do with anything?

why are these fanbois supporting a company thats screwing them...
\
I just told you, i don't even have any J's parts, other than a front lip and i didn't even buy that it came on the car.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #199
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Zigen View Post
honestly, this is such a drama for the past year and I personally is still doing business with AJR just because of the benefits of the doubts.

When everyone thinks everything J's says is right, and they failed people who stands for AJR, this is just like little kid hear something bad about a person and automatically thinks that person is BAD...

When the very first time I saw those pictures, first thing I wondered is: if they are going to copy something, why wouldn't they copy it to 95% if not 100%; that is so off to a point I wouldn't say pictures would tell, it just looks like two seperate brand product that somewhat looks similiar. This is not the way people copy brand name handbag / clothings etc, right? who would buy it?

Thru out the years I think T1R is doing not bad (even tho not my personal fav), I would get Spoon / Mugen parts for my beloved EK yet I would never get J's; it has been like knock off quality with a superior LOOK when it's NEW, yet good luck after a short while...but what does this post has to do with T1R?

I am not standing on neither side of J's or AJR, just a personal thought why J's wouldn't know AJR is selling their so called "fake" exhaust for like 2 years+, and wouldn't say a word until they got a new distributor in the states then everything just seems so "out of nowhere" and they became the victim. Don't forget, internet is a really quick place to spread the words, I'm sure people in Japan would have noticed such an issue within less than 3 months!? It's just a little bit too much of a coincident to me.

I'm sure there is a reason why AJR didn't say a word on here as they should be some legal actions taking in between the two business?! it's funny when J's racing statement says the issue should notify Anthony, it's like an elementary school teacher wants to interview a student's parents...

I really hope the issue can be settle then we will know who is right, who is wrong soon...but one day AJR is still around, that mean we should still give them the benefits for the doubts because I'm pretty sure if they really MADE those FAKE exhaust, after almost a year J's should be able to knock them out of business long time ago...

come on guys, it's good for everyone to know such an issue but shouldn't we look for the outcome for this lawsuit first? we are not a judge or anything and I'm sure there will be people who is happy with this local shop but not happy with others, or happy everywhere else yet not with this local shop; I'm a licensed mechanic as well and I truely understand lots of the time one just can't make everyone happy ~ some people would think one does good work and is willing to pay more; some people would think one is expensive and he doesn't care how well you did the job for him ~ you are just expensive; some people wouldn't even care about what you did and they just paid for the agreed price (which of course, lots of the time I can see that's a rip off!)

cheers up everyone and I'm really waiting to see the outcome for this issue, as per J's described! Yet it could be a long and lasting one, it could be boring at the end (cause we are already too excited now)...
SHIT i just got a huge headache, btw: benefits for the doubts ? Can you explain what the means?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #200
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
SHIT i just got a huge headache, english much? thank you
i dun mind you to edit it for me, i was typing it in a rush so i might have problem with grammer, typo, or might not be even making any sense :P
Closed Thread