REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #201
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

5zigen.. dont bull shit.. ur not a mechanic.. ur a english lit prof arnt u
Advertisement
-10 Fit
Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #202
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpadupa View Post
5zigen.. ur a english lit prof arnt u
umm....i dun get it

it doesn't really matter if i am a mechanic, seriously...that's also have nothing to do with this issue and i am more relating to customer service or customer satisfaction...
Old 01-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #203
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
I was being sincere in warning that DEFAMATION is pretty serious stuff, especially when it comes to a big reputable shop and that one should tread carefully, in any case it wouldn't be me suing, i'm warning. Trust me there have been more retarded cases in law. Heard of the woman that sued McDonalds because their cup didn't say CAUTION on it?
Listen, you cannot sue individuals for defamation willy nilly, especially in this case. Please cite prior court examples that had shown how an individual OPINION has lead to an successful charge or conviction. Defamation would require a DELIBERATE intent to so harm an individual.

Websites for AGES has been threatened by lawsuits but were unsuccessfull (the recent case with 4chan and scientology comes to mind).

Then you go ahead and make comparisions regarding other cases with have no way any bearing on the defaramation in itself.

Shit this is getting off topic, I for one am undecided about the whole case, I dont think either party is the in the clear, but i just want to make sure people are not arguing on for each side for insane reasons (ie relabiliy of parts).
Old 01-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #204
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpadupa View Post
5zigen.. dont bull shit.. ur not a mechanic.. ur a english lit prof arnt u
i agree lol, it hurt my brain trying to comprehend that post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #205
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
^Amen... I think this thread should be locked until an official response from AJR is posted on their website.

(this was referring to 5Ziggen's post)
Oh I beg to differ. This thread NEEDS to stay up until AJR issue their official statement. Its not that hard to type up their side of the story. Ill be damned if this thing gets swept under the rug.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #206
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^I guess you have a point. The threads should stay up to add pressure to AJR to disclose WTF happened.

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #207
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Has anyone aside from me noticed that this letter is directed in a personal manner? Although the name of AJ and J's Racing is noted in the blog, this is in Mr. J's blog himself and is directed towards Benjamin Leung. This seems to be more personal than anything...

Just my 2 cents.....

edit...
Old 01-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #208
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyBearH22a View Post
Oh I beg to differ. This thread NEEDS to stay up until AJR issue their official statement. Its not that hard to type up their side of the story. Ill be damned if this thing gets swept under the rug.
I agree. Most of us have shopped there over the years. I'm not making judgement until there is a clear truth, although there seems to be quite a bit of evidence stacked against aj-r. On the other forums, it seems they stated that they discontinued selling j's racing products some time ago.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #209
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
In any case why did you take someone that wears bape seriously?

rapper? Maybe. Fashion model? Certainly. Bape wearing autoshop owner....LOL good luck with that.

[/joke]

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #210
RS controls my life!

wow wtf
Old 01-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #211
Banned (ABWS)

i personally think it would be a and j making the fake, why would J's themselves make a fake? Doesnt make sense, J's control their own profits, and margins and how much money to put into an item. So if one products produce price is more than the retail price they will simply change factory, source cheaper materials and make a different version.... so its def AJR thats coming out with fake stuff....

Funny in the letter from J's

YOU MUST LET YOUR FATHER KNOW OF THIS ( ANTHONY) hahahaha, little boy opens a shop with daddies money and screws up ..what a waste
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #212
SFICC-05*

Let's assume that A&J was right and J's DID send them a "special batch", as stated from employees. It still should be A&J's responsibility to check their stock and inventory before selling. It would be bad business practice to sell a good without knowing its condition. If they knew it was different, it should have been held and discussed directly with J's before offloading it.

And that's GIVEN that J's sent them a "special batch". (which, imho, is quite the stretch already)

And a lot of people replying are forgetting that J's discovered fake goods from A&J. Now whether or not they're telling the truth or not, you can decide on that. But remember that this is bad publicity for J's too, because A&J can defend themselves and sway potential customers to believe that J's Racing were the ones making "special batches".
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #213
Need to Seek Professional Help

I just can't see a company like J's Racing making a "special batch."You'd be stupid to believe that a retailer was getting counterfeit products delivered from the company itself. ALTHOUGH, if A&J was working with an indepenant wholesaler then yes this cooullldd have happened but highly unlikely: items with a heavy price tag are usually purchased through the manufacturer/home company itself.

It's hard to say whether or not we'll find out the truth. Something will be released to try and protect the reputation of A&J. Whether the company is innocent or guilty we'll probably never find out. I used to shop there but after this incident, i'll be taking my business elsewhere until the issue is fully resolved.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyBearH22a View Post
actually when we said about locking thread is only when this gets out of control, so far we are only waiting for AJR's story and everyone has been making comment about what they think, so I think it's fair and not necessary to lock until it gets out of control...

i would say, no one can really prove if those exhaust are real or fake except between AJR and J's, so why don't we look forward and see what's gonna happen?

btw, why would they have their own T1R line, yet ONLY copy or make fake J's exhaust? but not spoon? but not mugen? but not any other brand? why? can anyone tells me why? I am sure there are factories in Asia that can help you copy anything (just a matter of cost vs performance vs reliability etc)...and just yet, J's ain't as good quality or as reliable as Spoon / Mugen, just in my opinion (i am sure there are lovers of diff brands, so it's no necessary to argue about that)
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #215
Banned (BBM)

^

E i like ur matureness

Old 01-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
^

E i like ur matureness

haha there are just too many funny things in this entire issue, too many coincidents, too much benefits OF the doubts...i am still waiting when it will eventually come to an end :P

Last edited by 5 Zigen; 01-15-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: thx TOS'd and Jsunu lol
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #217
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Zigen View Post
haha there are just too many funny things in this entire issue, too many coincidents, too much benefits for the doubts...i am still waiting when it will eventually come to an end :P
WHAT THE FUCK IS BENEFITS FOR THE DOUBTS
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #218
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
WHAT THE FUCK IS BENEFITS FOR THE DOUBTS
benefit of the doubt
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #219

or benefits OF the doubts (dunno why I kept typing for, probably because someone else typed that in earlier post, omg!)

if you have no doubts then that's fine too...you only have doubt when you see the funny parts of this entire issue and the coincidences...
Old 01-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #220
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

No one from aj - racing is really speaking up because there is probably a bit of truth to this story. AJR is probably dealing with a shit storm of calls from customers regarding this subject.

This some funny shit though hahah

Last edited by truong; 01-15-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #221
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
benefit for the doubts
Quote:
benefit for the doubts
Quote:
benefit for the doubts
Quote:
benefit for the doubts
Quote:
benefit for the doubts
Quote:
benefit for the doubts
I think this will be in the RS top 10 , it will probably sit a few spots down from "i wander"
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #222
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
K i really don't give a shit if AJR goes out of business, but what i'm trying to say is, unless you heard it straight from the guys that are in the know, then don't be posting shit.
as an example: Watch baseball? Mark McGwire - recently came out and told he took steroids.

Good for him, however took him 5 years to do it. At the congressional hearings, he didn't say he did it, didn't say anything at all, but was more or less implied he did it on the way he responded.

It's the same thing here, not replying and giving a statement, is a form of responding.

That is why, lots of company issues statements that isn't vague, isn't an around about and more or less a DIRECT answer.

It frankly does show already that, within reason, most of the post are stating a certain proof to the claim that they:

A: Sold inferior products
B: Scammed customers.

As a person that deals with clients, i can tell you professional trust/ethics are very important to any business.

If AJ already knew that J's Racing was giving/not refunding inferior products, THEY should of been the ones to terminate the contract OR demand the right for the money back that was reimbursed by the owners of AJ.

Business is common sense and money, no owner shells out of his pockets to please his customers every single time, J's has bad goods. you ask for it back. They are the middle man/the distributor in a sense, any company that takes refunds back, always go back to the sourced company for the refunded money.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #223
RS controls my life!

I don't understand why people say that it is AJR's responsibility to check if the items are real or fake.
I am under the assumption that the items are shipped to AJR already in boxes. correct me if i am wrong.

In computer sales, everything comes packed in boxes.
You won't see wholesalers or retailers opening each and every box to make sure the correct item is indeed in there.

I am not defending AJR, because i persoanlly have doubt if the part i bought from them is real or not. but I also have no proof that it is not real.
it is a spoon muffler that did not come in a box, and was on display when I go pick it up.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
I think this will be in the RS top 10 , it will probably sit a few spots down from "i wander"
haha i started with "of", then when i revised the post (before i post) i kept editing it with "for"...ooops...my bad...
Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #225
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

This problem was like almost a year ago 2009 and it says the deadline is 2009 and now J's owner is posting the letter again in January 2010? something fishy, also another thing is why does the J's owner only post this on his blog and not on the official Website? I'm sure more people would go to the official J's website more than his blog. Not trying to side on any of the two company.

also this was posted on J's Website "The copies we have found have cheap imitated appearance and are far inferior to the actual J'S RACING parts in quality, durability, and craftsmanship."

I want to ask anyone who owns a J's exhaust or Fake if they knew it was, has any one of them break? or fitment issues? sound issues? This is just a side question.

1987 AE86
1999 Honda EK
2001 AP1 S2000
2009 Mitsubishi EVO IX
2009 Honda Ridgeline
2015 Subaru STi
2015 BMW F82 M4
This post FAILED by:
Closed Thread