REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Supplements (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639983-supplements.html)

SkinnyPupp 05-02-2012 09:16 PM

I order 99% of my supps from bb.com but there are some things I want that they don't carry, so I tried smartpowders this time. They offer 10% discounts too, and their prices are roughly the same. No free gift though, so I guess 10 bb.com t-shirts will be enough :fuckthatshit:

It took 3 days for them to get my order out though, so there's that.

ShadowBun 05-02-2012 09:47 PM

where you guys usually ship it to in Pt Roberts?

thegentleman 05-02-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowBun (Post 7907441)
where you guys usually ship it to in Pt Roberts?

Tsb Shipping Plus

RacingMetro92 05-03-2012 01:58 PM

If you had to buy local (lower mainland) where do you usually go? I decided to check out Reflex and the rep there cut me a deal on some stuff there, where as at Popeyes, the guy there was incompetent and used lines out of a book and didn't really try to budge on the price.

I ask this because I can't really get a Pt. Bob box

TouringTeg 05-03-2012 02:04 PM

bb.com ordrers shipped via economy come by Canada Post = cheap and no duty. I was happy. (I don't have the Pt Roberts option because I live in Victoria)

gdoh 05-03-2012 02:28 PM

i ordered on april 27 and april 30 and got my first order yesterday and second one today(delivered to my house). I am very suprised with the speedy service from bb.com

thegentleman 05-03-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Form>Function (Post 7908021)
If you had to buy local (lower mainland) where do you usually go? I decided to check out Reflex and the rep there cut me a deal on some stuff there, where as at Popeyes, the guy there was incompetent and used lines out of a book and didn't really try to budge on the price.

https://www.svncanada.com/store_locations.php

If you're from Surrey, check out the one on King George and 76th inside "Platinum Fitness Gym" they usually know their shit and also give you free stuff (protein bar/shake bottle) with your order.

RacePace 05-04-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Form>Function (Post 7908021)

The Reflex in Richmond is willing to change price too (not sure where you went). The Popeye's in Richmond is also good, though I've never asked him or had them offer a discount

SkinnyPupp 05-06-2012 08:55 PM

omg Syntrax Nectar CHERRY :sweetjesus:

Supafly 05-07-2012 08:46 AM

stacking a PWO with a intra workout; good idea??...lol

I dont feel like killing myself early...lol

Currently using Bull Dose for PWO....and was thinking of using Gaspari Size-On for intra...

hal0g0dv2 05-07-2012 09:38 AM

Yeah do it
Drink the waste of money size on during and take pre workout before gym

Supafly 05-07-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7911455)
Yeah do it
Drink the waste of money size on during and take pre workout before gym

haha point taken. :ahwow:

instantneedles 05-07-2012 04:22 PM

Anyone know of a post workout protein powder that is lactose free? Cus im lactose intolerant and im reacting pretty strongly to the protein powder that i got... I heard syntha-6 is pretty good... Any help is appreciated and will get a thanks

hal0g0dv2 05-07-2012 05:35 PM

Bodybuilding.com - Low Lactose Protein Listing. Find The Best Low Or No Lactose Powders!

SkinnyPupp 05-07-2012 05:37 PM

Focus XT and Oxiracetam arrived. Finally I have a preworkout stack I don't feel silly for taking. Will be trying it out today

instantneedles 05-08-2012 11:29 AM

Does anyone know if syntha 6 has milk/lactose in it?

Phozy 05-08-2012 11:39 AM

Did a quick google, 5/6 of the protein in syntha 6 are derived from milk, so I guess there is a certain level of lactose in it.

If you want, I can give you a quick sample of it, I haven't opened it myself :P

Jordanl250 05-08-2012 04:25 PM

dymatize elite whey is good, no lactose and has a digestive enzyme = no mad protein farts

instantneedles 05-08-2012 05:28 PM

^how do you know there's no lactose in it?

tubbyboi 05-09-2012 09:42 PM

sitting here on bb.com and deciding which preworkout to get. I've tried craze and mp, both in which i liked. Any other suggestions?

PK6o4* 05-09-2012 10:38 PM

neurocore

SkinnyPupp 05-09-2012 11:34 PM

Neurocore is vastly underdosed. I am liking this focus xt stuff, no ED this time. I am going to up the dose of oxiracetam next time.

Most pwos are goofy, I'll help you guys figure out the best stack. So far I have narrowed down the stuff that does help

Caffeine
Choline
Oxiracetam (will also try aniracetam)
Probably 1,3 but I never tried it myself.

What doesn't work? Check your label, and if it's not listed above, probably that ;) seriously though, for the most part that's true. You get more from creatine and beta alanine than anything a pwo has to offer. Aside from that, the next option is steroids.

instantneedles 05-09-2012 11:37 PM

Anyone try out cytosport muscle milk protein? It's probably the best tasting post-workout shake I've ever had... Has all the essential vitamins in it too.. Check out the ingredients, its the full package..

SkinnyPupp 05-09-2012 11:41 PM

Yes it's fucking delicious. I switched to monster milk, it has better macros for me. Tastes almost the same

SkinnyPupp 05-10-2012 05:34 AM

So I took the time to break down a popular PWO, Assault. Here's what I came up with:

In case you are windering what the colour codes mean:

green = specified on the label
orange = educated guess, should be pretty close. Estimates based on leftover amounts in each blend, etc
red = shot in the dark guess at dosage. Estimates based on usual effective dosage in other supplements
black = who fucken knows

Spoiler!

So what does that say about Assault?

1) You are geting a lot of caffeine. 300mg of caffeine per scoop - hey you just drank 3 Red Bulls! If you were wondering why you feel 'wired' after this, it's the high caffeine content, along with a good amount of L-Tyrosine and Taurine.

2) You do get some choline which is good, and will be what causes all of the 'focused' feeling you would get from it.

3) You can skip your creatine dose for the day

4) And you only need to take half a beta alanine dose that day

5) And that's it. This is basically three diet Red Bulls with some choline, creatine, and beta alanine. Actually it's not TOO bad for $2 a scoop, since that's about what a can of Red Bull costs anyway. Everything else listed here is either dosed way too low to be useful in a PWO, or just useless completely.

Hope this helps people out a bit! It was fun to research