REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Supplements (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639983-supplements.html)

gdoh 05-10-2012 06:02 AM

i switched over to glycergrow when i workout late, it doesnt keep me up all night

TouringTeg 05-10-2012 10:35 AM

Great write up on Assault Skinny. Makes sense because I am sensitve to caffeine. I have been using it for a few weeks and find it difficult to sleep even after taking it at 4pm.

With a 1/2 serving, I have less trouble sleeping and I don't get the caffeine withdrawl headaches I do with the full serving. Still very good focus and the energy to push harder with less rest between sets. (Supersets are no problem)

instantneedles 05-10-2012 02:18 PM

Skinny, review on razor 8 as well?

SkinnyPupp 05-10-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 7914704)
Skinny, review on razor 8 as well?

Sure

http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/wp-co...8_us_panel.png

EFFECTIVE INGREDIENTS AS A PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT ARE IN BOLD

CNS Stimulation / FFA Release / Beta Agonist

Caffeine - 364 mg
Geranium - 52 mg (herbal form of 1,3D but there is no evidence that the plant oil actually contains any, so this is sketchy. Label booster)
1,3 trimethylxanthine - 46 mg (this is just another word for "caffeine", they probably put it there to confuse you into thinking this is like 1,3D, so it's a label booster)
Hordenine - 44 mg (a rather strong stimulant, but quite a short half life)
Yohimbine HCl - 10mg (Another good stim, possibly underdosed if you are big. This has a high chance of making you feel anxious, especially with high doses of caffeine)

ATP Enhancer / Myofibril Acidification Buffer (wat?)

Creatine Mono - 5g (well I guess you don't have to dose it that day)
Beta Alanine - 326 mg (that's about 1/24th of one daily dose so this is there as a label booster)
Creatinol O Phosphate - 100 mg (completely unnecessary when there is already monohydrate. Another label booster)

Endothellial Expansion / Hemodynamic Volumizer (LOL these are getting worse with each one)

Arginine - 3.688 g (This is the 'pump' ingredient if you haven't figured that out from the silly name. But once it gets through the liver, very little makes it to the actual muscle. So it's not going to be useful as a pump ingredient, especially at this dose, unless you are deficient in arginine. If you were wondering why so many "PUMP" supplements can be called "DUMP" supplements, it's because arginine uptake in the gut is very poor, and therefore basically acts as a laxative)

Polymethoxylated FFA Release Extension / Hyperlytic Acceleration (They are really pushing it now, LOL)

Yerba Meta Green Tea - 20 mg (healthy in high, regular doses, but this ain't no high dose. Label booster)
Naringin (grapefruit) - 10 mg (increases absorption of caffeine)

Conclusions

400 mg of caffeine, and not much else. The inclusion of Hordenine and Yohimbine are what makes it feel stronger than caffeine, and the grapefruit helps absorption. You could easily replicate this with Caffeine HCl tabs, Yohimbine HCl, and pure Hordenine. Continue to take Creatine on your own, and you will be paying $0.19 per dose instead of (I assume $2 or more).

BTW every PWO review will basically be the same. Lots of caffeine with a bunch of stuff that is either useless, or such a low dose that it is effectively useless. That is because anything that can be sold under the watchful eye of the FDA can't put in the effective ingredients like 1,3D or Oxiracetam/Aniracetam.

Until more 'nootropic' ingredients get attention from the BB scene, we won't see many effective PWOs that include neural boosting ingredients like ALCAR, Huperzine, Vincopetine, etc. Like I said before, the only one I have seen do this is Focus XT (White Flood and Neurocore both make an attempt but are so underdosed that they fail). I would bet that if Biotest ever gets into the PWO scene, they will do it this way, but it will be hilariously expensive. Because their staff actually knows how effective the neural connection is to building muscle. Others are there just to sell shit. Biotest is there to sell shit and train/educate.

As a side note, I really wish Alpha Brain didn't make me sick, because I think that would be a fucken awesome PWO.

fetched 05-10-2012 08:37 PM

I've had really bad experiences with PWO (Headaches, blurred vision, crash) with jack3d and 1MR, but I tried a sample of Assault today and surprisingly I didn't get any of the previous symptoms..... Any ideas as to why?

It was one of the best workouts I've had in awhile

SkinnyPupp 05-10-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fetched (Post 7915089)
I've had really bad experiences with PWO (Headaches, blurred vision, crash) with jack3d and 1MR, but I tried a sample of Assault today and surprisingly I didn't get any of the previous symptoms..... Any ideas as to why?

It was one of the best workouts I've had in awhile

Because the first two had 1,3D and assault didn't

hal0g0dv2 05-10-2012 08:55 PM

1,3d is hard stuff for your first rodeo

AAnthony 05-10-2012 10:15 PM

-----

Jer3 05-10-2012 10:31 PM

never read the label closely enough to realize assault had choline in it. well looks like maybe ill save the extra scoop i usually throw in there to go with the piracetam.

SkinnyPupp 05-10-2012 10:32 PM

Shroom tech is mostly cordyceps, go ahead and look that up. The high grade stuff is SUPER expensive since it is hand picked in the mountains of Tibet. That makes me wary of how much is in Shroom tech. The stuff normally sells for thousands of dollars in HK and China.

It got a lot of attention when the china Olympic team claimed to be using it on their athletes. Of course they failed steroid tests too so...

Jordanl250 05-10-2012 10:40 PM

craze has Phenethylamine in it. Mild psychoactive drug lol

Santofu 05-10-2012 11:03 PM

Can anybody recommend good brands that are suitable for skinny ass motherfucker like me? :pokerface:
i'm trying to bulk up but the thing is I don't like drinking vanilla protein shakes... I think they are horrible imo.
It would be a big bonus if it is lactose-free, if not, leave that out.

SkinnyPupp 05-10-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santofu (Post 7915272)
Can anybody recommend good brands that are suitable for skinny ass motherfucker like me? :pokerface:
i'm trying to bulk up but the thing is I don't like drinking vanilla protein shakes... I think they are horrible imo.

EAT MOAR

TypeRNammer 05-10-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7915281)
EAT MOAR

This

strykn 05-11-2012 11:39 AM

really wanna try neurocore.. fuck bb.com went jewish FUUUUU

instantneedles 05-11-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santofu (Post 7915272)

Bro, you should really try out muscle milk by cytosport, the taste is great, and the good thing about it too is its lactose free, good for people like you and I. It's not like the taste you get from regular vanilla protein shakes... PM me if you're interested.. I know a place that's selling them for a discounted price right now..

SkinnyPupp 05-11-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7915730)

There's nothing special about it. 360mg of caffeine, and some Theanine. The herbs (Rhodiola and Yohimbe) are non standardized, so there's no way to tell how much active ingredient you are getting. The rest of the ingredients are underdosed, even at the full 3 scoop dose.

Tuxedo14 05-13-2012 03:24 AM

Hi I know a good one I've been trying the vi shape by Visalus it's lactose free
Has a tri sorb blend so the protein stays in your body a lot longer
Let me know if u r interested

SkinnyPupp 05-13-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuxedo14 (Post 7917127)
Hi I know a good one I've been trying the vi shape by Visalus it's lactose free
Has a tri sorb blend so the protein stays in your body a lot longer
Let me know if u r interested

Fuck off with your pyramid scheme bullshit (for those that don't know, Visalus is a multi level marketing scam company)

Tuxedo14 05-13-2012 03:53 AM

Sorry thought I just mention I'm just trying it i just went to Richmond gym where they had samples and tried it out not trying to sell it but thought being lactose free may help cuz that's what the trainer said

Anyways I'll stop mentioning this sorry

SkinnyPupp 05-13-2012 03:58 AM

No, they were trying to get you in on a pyramid scheme. You unwittingly fell for it.. So yeah keep that crap out of here :)

TypeRNammer 05-13-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7915730)

I think it's a waste of money...even at buy one get one free.

Tastes like crap too, specifically the grape flavor...

JSilver 05-13-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7916105)
There's nothing special about it. 360mg of caffeine, and some Theanine. The herbs (Rhodiola and Yohimbe) are non standardized, so there's no way to tell how much active ingredient you are getting. The rest of the ingredients are underdosed, even at the full 3 scoop dose.

So what's your suggestion on a preworkout that is not underdosed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 7917351)
I think it's a waste of money...even at buy one get one free.

Its a dollar serving at buy one get one free ( On single, Neurocore 3 scoops = $1.99). Cheaper than Assault (If at 1 full scoop = $2.18).

hal0g0dv2 05-13-2012 04:58 PM

sorry

hal0g0dv2 05-13-2012 05:35 PM

neuro core is pretty good, actually really good