REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #2026
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Van Isle
Posts: 7,653
Thanked 443 Times in 188 Posts
These people were probably beaten or neglected as kids honestly.
Advertisement
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
who would ban me? lol. Look at my post count.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #2027
ww
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
ww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: BC
Posts: 1,090
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Camille Cacnio's story.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2067208/

Quote:
Camille Cacnio didn’t set any fires on the night of the Vancouver riots. She didn’t jump on a police car or smash any windows. But when the University of British Columbia student walked over shards of glass into the smashed up Black & Lee formal wear shop and took two pair of men’s pants – some of the few items left on the store’s shelves – she became another face of the unrest that is now splashed across websites around the world.

The consequences have been swift and harsh for her and others whose actions were caught on camera during Wednesday night’s riots, even though police say they have yet to lay any formal charges related to the riot as of Sunday.

Social media has become the sheriff of this unlawful event, in essence rounding up a number of rioters by posting their pictures on the Internet and encouraging people to identify the people in them. That has led to online shaming of those named, some of whom have since turned themselves into police and are lining up to publicly apologize online.

Ms. Cacnio said in an interview that she confessed to police over the weekend, and was told they’ll deal with her case at a later date. She also lost the part-time job she held for two years as a receptionist at a Vancouver car dealership.

The biology major has also lost many friends and acquaintances, all because of what she calls one alcohol-fuelled mistake she made after getting swept up in Wednesday’s riot.

“I fully admit to my mistake now, but the way I saw it at the time was that everyone was vandalizing, everyone was burning things. … At the time, I thought, ‘This would be funny if I took a souvenir’ because this is completely out of character,” Ms. Cacnio said.

Still, Ms. Cacnio believes the online backlash has gone too far in some instances. In her case, it’s the negative publicity now surrounding the Enspire Foundation, a charity she was once involved in. She said some online postings have recommended donations be directed elsewhere.

“The whole social media thing ... it’s great that people are trying to help catch and identify people, but it has become a problem in that people are actually ruining people’s lives. The consequences are far greater than they need to be,” Ms. Cacnio said.

Last edited by ww; 06-19-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: add quotation
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #2028
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,400
Thanked 5,040 Times in 563 Posts
Gotta love how these people and the JOURNALISTS who write these stories turned it around and blamed the people who picked them out. If nothing was reported, I bet that ho Cacnio would not apologize, same with the water fag guy.
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #2029
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,091
Thanked 206 Times in 97 Posts
^

boo fucking hoo. 99% of people wouldn't turn themselves in if they didn't get caught... and I am one of them. Who the fuck would actually go to the police and admit to something there was no evidence of? The people like Camille who were caught... well that is too bad. You made the choice to get involved and unfortunately for you this is the punishment you are getting, lynched by people on social media.
__________________
Probably because he tells it like it is and knows hockey better than you two dipshits? People respect his opinions, not like you two dipshits? He has a solid income, not like you two dipshits?
scottsman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #2030
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: VAncouver
Posts: 930
Thanked 820 Times in 156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
^

boo fucking hoo. 99% of people wouldn't turn themselves in if they didn't get caught... and I am one of them.
Shows your character
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #2031
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,056
Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Dont know if this has been posted already
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ap...481/story.html

Pretty much his family has been getting threats

"Though the teen, a noted water-polo athlete, has not been charged by police, Findlay said the family has been the target of serious harassment and threats that has left them afraid to stay in their home."
__________________
Current
2010 Mustang GT 4.6
1998 S10 2.2
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #2032
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
wingies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: abc
Posts: 1,655
Thanked 936 Times in 219 Posts
"The consequences are far greater than they need to be,” Ms. Cacnio said.

Lol fuck that shit, the consequences for them is just starting
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #2033
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,675
Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EX-R View Post
Ignorant Couple on facebook!

Edit: Friend who showed me this forgot to mention to me that this girl's full name is Linda Tuyen

Spoiler!
thats too bad... i went to high school with that girl

u guys interested in pix?
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #2034
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
thats too bad... i went to high school with that girl

u guys interested in pix?
dooooooooooooooo it
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #2035
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 560 Times in 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
^

boo fucking hoo. 99% of people wouldn't turn themselves in if they didn't get caught... and I am one of them. Who the fuck would actually go to the police and admit to something there was no evidence of? The people like Camille who were caught... well that is too bad. You made the choice to get involved and unfortunately for you this is the punishment you are getting, lynched by people on social media.
quoted in case he chose to edit

I bet your one of those faggots that love bragging to other people how "hardcore" you are. The reason you haven't got arrested yet? Because you were too pussy to actually do anything while you were there even though you wanted to.

Last edited by $_$; 06-19-2011 at 09:23 PM.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #2036
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,675
Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #2037
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,373
Thanked 1,299 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
"The consequences are far greater than they need to be, Ms. Cacnio said.

Lol fuck that shit, the consequences for them is just starting
Funny how somebody who's accused of committing a crime thinks that they have the right to weigh in on whether the punishment is too harsh.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #2038
My homepage has been set to RS
 
drunkrussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,308
Thanked 824 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post

^some trashy looking motherfuckas. Matches the string of fb comments i suppose
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #2039
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,797
Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
i love all the responses of people that take part in the riots and try to alleviate responsibility. my response would be what peter chao said:

"ru fuck wif karma, karma will fuck ru up"



now they are all and upset

__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #2040
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Bonjour43MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,764
Thanked 281 Times in 96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooker24 View Post
What a joke, this shows that she hasn't learned anything yet and STILL believes that she was innocent by hiding behind alcohol and drunkenness as her reason for stealing.

They need to be punished and be set an example of so that all other idiots out there that may have done the same will now THINK TWICE before they do anything stupid.
__________________
Nikonian
Bonjour43MA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #2041
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,017
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #2042
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,091
Thanked 206 Times in 97 Posts
Tanaka and $_$ I think you are full of shit if you say you would turn yourselves in with someone having absolutely no proof that you did it. Same goes to anyone that failed me. Which was my point; people are turning themselves in and apologizing only because of evidence against them.

Quote:
quoted in case he chose to edit

I bet your one of those faggots that love bragging to other people how "hardcore" you are. The reason you haven't got arrested yet? Because you were too pussy to actually do anything while you were there even though you wanted to.
why would I edit it? BTW I haven't lived in Vancouver for over 5 years, Canada, or North America soooo... I probably didn't have anything to do with the riot. Good try though big guy....
__________________
Probably because he tells it like it is and knows hockey better than you two dipshits? People respect his opinions, not like you two dipshits? He has a solid income, not like you two dipshits?
scottsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #2043
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,097
Thanked 206 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooker24 View Post
Lol. Maybe next time she thinks of doing something morally wrong, she would think about the consequences and everything she represents.
__________________
:o
ecchiecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #2044
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: VAncouver
Posts: 930
Thanked 820 Times in 156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Tanaka and $_$ I think you are full of shit if you say you would turn yourselves in with someone having absolutely no proof that you did it. Same goes to anyone that failed me. Which was my point; people are turning themselves in and apologizing only because of evidence against them.



why would I edit it? BTW I haven't lived in Vancouver for over 5 years, Canada, or North America soooo... I probably didn't have anything to do with the riot. Good try though big guy....
You're not sure? You "probably didn't have anything to do with the riot"?
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #2045
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
lol i seen that buck da law guy around before, he looks hella familiar
jayare604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #2046
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 560 Times in 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Tanaka and $_$ I think you are full of shit if you say you would turn yourselves in with someone having absolutely no proof that you did it. Same goes to anyone that failed me. Which was my point; people are turning themselves in and apologizing only because of evidence against them.



why would I edit it? BTW I haven't lived in Vancouver for over 5 years, Canada, or North America soooo... I probably didn't have anything to do with the riot. Good try though big guy....
Lol. You completely missed the point. I'm not full of shit because I would've never been there in the first place; I was downtown that day, and I left because there was no reason to get in the way of the police as they were trying to deal with the problem. No one is disputing with you over the fact that they are only turning themselves only because they got caught. We are failing you because YOU are saying that you WERE there, but you haven't got caught. I'm telling you, stop acting like a hardcore faggot that thinks its "cool" to be part of the riot. Just look at all those people that posted status updates and got fired from their job regardless if they had to deal with the police or not. So you haven't lived in Vancouver for five years, but somehow "you were one of them", implying that you were part of the riot but you haven't got caught? What are you trying to say?
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #2047
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,743
Thanked 8,025 Times in 2,085 Posts
Ok, I've been calling to have some of these guys pay the price for their crimes but I think it's going too far when people start threatening family members and the suspects themselves. Let the cops and the courts deal with it, you're no different than these punks when you start this vigilante shit.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #2048
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,091
Thanked 206 Times in 97 Posts
@Tanaka, I have been in so many riots I often forget which ones I got involved in.

But yeah after watching the Canucks lose I decided to hop on a plane in Vietnam and some how make it back to Vancouver just in time to light some cop cars on fire.

The riots pissed me off and I have already reported the only person I recognized in the Video. The point was that the people turning themselves in are only doing it because they were caught or know of evidence against them. The vast vast majority of people would not turn themselves in unless they knew of evidence/Video against them. I have no problem saying that I am one of them. It is absolutely ridiculous for you to sit at your computer and imply that you would turn yourself in with no evidence against you.
__________________
Probably because he tells it like it is and knows hockey better than you two dipshits? People respect his opinions, not like you two dipshits? He has a solid income, not like you two dipshits?
scottsman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #2049
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,091
Thanked 206 Times in 97 Posts
Quote:
boo fucking hoo. 99% of people wouldn't turn themselves in if they didn't get caught... and I am one of them. Who the fuck would actually go to the police and admit to something there was no evidence of? The people like Camille who were caught... well that is too bad. You made the choice to get involved and unfortunately for you this is the punishment you are getting, lynched by people on social media.
Where does it say anywhere in this that I was there? When I said I was "one of them" I meant in coming forth to the police if there was no evidence against me.

and for the last time I DO NOT LIVE IN CANADA!!!
__________________
Probably because he tells it like it is and knows hockey better than you two dipshits? People respect his opinions, not like you two dipshits? He has a solid income, not like you two dipshits?
scottsman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #2050
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: VAncouver
Posts: 930
Thanked 820 Times in 156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
It is absolutely ridiculous for you to sit at your computer and imply that you would turn yourself in with no evidence against you.
Well this is the reason I failed you. You've never done something, left no trace but felt guilty enough to come forward and admit it. And you find it "absolutely ridiculous" that people would.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net