REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #1951
Banned (ABWS)

Nathan Kotylak if you're googling your name up one day and you read this, good fucking job buddy, fuck the system.

Now who is that cop who used excessive force! ^
Advertisement
TheHighImperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #1952
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
That guy got owned at 0:31 lol
VancouverG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 02:52 AM   #1953
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Tim Kwong's apology (already posted but here it is again for reference)

Quote:
A Letter of Appoligy to Vancouver and Family and Friends Hey Everyone ! The status is : I Turned myself in to the VPD today at 12pm I am now being charged on 4 counts. I am Truly Sorry for what i have done !!! I have no excuse for my actions during the Riot. To my Friends, Family, Coworkers, and of course all of Vancouver and BC i am SORRY for what i have done. I would like to say on my behalf that I LOVE VANCOUVER ! I’ve been Born n Raised here all my life !! and that This Town means everything to me !!! again i understand that my actions caused did not show any of that ! But i hope you one day see that i do care about this town and my friends n family and this is NOT like me !! I am ashamed at what i have done, I know i may never gain the respect of this town again. But I PROMISE that i will do whatever i can to make this up !! I am a big believer in Cleaning up your mess !! I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to make things right ! I hope this will insite some of the other rioters to do the right thing and turn themselves in !!!! I will do whatever it takes to help out and clean this town up and do what i can to prevent actions like this from ever happening in our town again. I know I deserve all the hate ! but please be respectful and don’t hate on any of my friends or family or co workers since these actions are only caused by ME and ME only !!!! Again SORRY VANCOUVER ! SORRY BC !!
A RESPONSE FROM A ST. PAUL's E.R. NURSE (to Tim Kwong's apology)

Quote:
Tim,

Just because you can string an apologetic sentence together does not mean you are sorry. Perhaps I should make you aware of the consequences of your action. To you, it’s just an overturned car that you set on fire. To me, it’s walking into an overflowing ER and helping treat a girl with a severe asthma attack because she was exposed to the noxious, acrid smoke of a burning vehicle. To her it was just a chance to be a part of a group cheering for her team. Little did she know that later on, we were thinking of sticking a breathing tube down her throat if her condition did not improve.

To you (yes I am lumping you with all the douchebag rioters in the ER that night) it's a chance to congregate in the ER waiting room, pounding on the triage window demanding to be seen for teargas exposure and cuts from looting and fighting, while posturing and bragging about how you kicked the crap out of somebody and smashed crap up. To me, it's taking my time away from the little old quiet lady having chest pain or taking time away from the person you “crap-kicked” for trying to stop the looting.

To you it's just a fight. To me, it’s the ER social worker looking for a teddybear to console a 4 year old girl because she just witnessed her dad get a broken nose as he was trying to get his daughter out of the hotzone.

To you it's writing a letter saying "you will do whatever it takes to help clean the city." To me it's walking home after a long shift and seeing all these people at 7:30 in the morning armed with garbage bags cleaning up YOUR mess and realizing that these people have more class in their pinky finger than you could ever muster in your whole life.

To me, it's getting home to shower, only to have my elderly neighbour knock on my door and ask me if he should make an appointment to this doctor because he was experiencing shortness of breath which later turned to chest pain in the morning. He did not think about leaving his window open as he went to bed at 9 o’clock. The smoke from all the burning cars made it to our building, into his room and triggered his asthma, which then raised his heart rate, which then became a small heart attack. I asked him why he didn’t go to the ER, and he answered, "I turned on the tv this morning and saw the rioting, I did not want to be a burden." To you, it's just an overturned car that you set on fire.

Why am I blaming you for all this? Because you are the instigator. You ask people to leave your family, friends and co-workers alone?! I think they need to know how much of a colossal douche you are. Remember that your parents worked themselves to the bone so they can move to this country and give you your god-given right to flip cars over and set them on fire.

You Tim Kwong are a douchtard. Apology not accepted.

-- a nurse with the initials, J.J
Hope this isn't a repost
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #1954
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post

Hope this isn't a repost
Goddamn, that response is full of win. Fuck the douchtards and their "apolligies"
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:30 AM   #1955
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeryusx View Post
Goddamn, that response is full of win. Fuck the douchtards and their "apolligies"
does this letter effect the polo kid??? he just got his dad some more patients; and money.
Fuck the apologies; i wonder how they didn't have any second thoughts (moral or common sense)when walking upto a POLICE car w/ a cloth and lighter...
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 AM   #1956
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #1957
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Another video of that fuck fat who punched the firefighter;

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #1958
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds226 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHz0jGPzTKk

picture of knocked out Boston posted everywhere, not sure if the video has been posted or not yet
there is a video news report on cbc.ca on this incident. they said that this boston fan was kicked out of rogers arena by security for confronting a canucks fan who poured beer on him in the stands, and then he was harrased by people in the mob as he made his way back to wherever he came from until what you saw happened in the video. after police on bicycles arrived to assist, the man regained conciousness, but was suffering from a concussion and a broken collarbone. the report didn't go any further than that...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #1959
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
And that all happened aside from the riot itself. For all those people who were talking about how classy the fans are compared to Bruins fans.

Don't wear your jersey in enemy territory, especially in games that really matter. It's just so stupid.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 AM   #1960
Banned By Establishment

It's too bad that most of the rioters will get criminal charges but not have to pay for the damage they inflicted.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #1961
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-_Ko5tvycQ
wow... im normally against "police brutality" but that pos really has it coming... im so surprised, impressed, that the officer ignored him pretty much

especially when he got in the officers personal space; he must actually think the officer "can't touch him" especially it being a riot... what a dumbass

but the police were vastly outnumbered there; in fact in all these videos the riot geared police only number several at most.. quite unprepared as it would seem
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #1962
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Like they say, hindsight is 20/20. He should have realized the consequences before committing arson/attempted arson.
A LOT more kids these days need to have this drilled into their skulls.

REALIZE THE CONSEQUENCES BEFORE COMMITTING THE ACT.

Same goes for about half the thread starters in Police Forum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #1963
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
there is a video news report on cbc.ca on this incident. they said that this boston fan was kicked out of rogers arena by security for confronting a canucks fan who poured beer on him in the stands, and then he was harrased by people in the mob as he made his way back to wherever he came from until what you saw happened in the video. after police on bicycles arrived to assist, the man regained conciousness, but was suffering from a concussion and a broken collarbone. the report didn't go any further than that...
The guy wasn't at the game and was watching at a bar. He was asked to leave after it became rowdy inside. Once he was outside he challenged people to fights or maybe the other way around. He was a regular there and the owner (older guy in blue shirt) of the bar thought he would be safer inside so he tried to pull him back in but got pushed aside and security came in.

This was the story I heard from someone who works at the bar and knows him.
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #1964
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,806 Times in 215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post

Lot of kids are also followers. For example if a lot of people are doing something "cool" and they want to fit in they'd do it as well.. If only these people were more self-conscious of what they were doing then none of this would have happened. Too many people are afraid to stand up..
AlphaKappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #1965
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Quote:

Common sense. It's not that common.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #1966
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Rex Murphy from the CBC sums up the rioters pretty nicely:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/BC/ID=2008398948

I wish our civic politicians had the balls to say what he said about the rioters.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #1967
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-_Ko5tvycQ
wow... im normally against "police brutality" but that pos really has it coming... im so surprised, impressed, that the officer ignored him pretty much

especially when he got in the officers personal space; he must actually think the officer "can't touch him" especially it being a riot... what a dumbass

but the police were vastly outnumbered there; in fact in all these videos the riot geared police only number several at most.. quite unprepared as it would seem
Wow did you see near the end the video the full crowd just pushing back against the line of cops? The 20 cops vs thousands = scary. And that idiot Dustin A in the white shirt just tempting the cop who held back, good for the cop. Best part was hearing Dustin A yell riot, that way cops can bust his ass even more.

Last edited by GodZilla; 06-19-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: c
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #1968
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

Hope this isn't a repost
Tim isn't sorry. I actually feel sorry for those people who believe his half ass apology because to most people, he's just another uneducated punk giving an apology. This guy has been a loser since I've known him in grade 10 and his attitude after all of this will never change. Going on 30 and he'll be back to his old ways after a few months. Guaranteed.

Tim: if for any reason you're reading this, you've embarrassed everyone you've gone to school, worked, or has any sort of degree of separation from you. I will be honest and say I wasn't shocked when I saw you lighting the car on global TV, down the fucking road from where I live. This isn't an individual feeling, a lot of people from your past aren't surprised. There's always been something wrong in your head. You initiated the start of something ugly in my neighborhood, where I live, where I sleep. At the end of the night, you go home to your mom and dad's home like nothing happened, and I step outside to broken glass, tear gas, and smashed up cars. I'm ashamed to go to school with you, to work with you, and to have any sort of knowledge of who you are. We're going on 30 years old for fucks sakes!

Word of advice, if you see anyone that you've worked or gone to school with, keep walking. The general consensus for everyone who knows you is explained above. If you're truly sorry, you better step up and do something better than that half ass apology.
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #1969
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:

Quote:
Tim,

Just because you can string an apologetic sentence together does not mean you are sorry. Perhaps I should make you aware of the consequences of your action. To you, it’s just an overturned car that you set on fire. To me, it’s walking into an overflowing ER and helping treat a girl with a severe asthma attack because she was exposed to the noxious, acrid smoke of a burning vehicle. To her it was just a chance to be a part of a group cheering for her team. Little did she know that later on, we were thinking of sticking a breathing tube down her throat if her condition did not improve.

To you (yes I am lumping you with all the douchebag rioters in the ER that night) it's a chance to congregate in the ER waiting room, pounding on the triage window demanding to be seen for teargas exposure and cuts from looting and fighting, while posturing and bragging about how you kicked the crap out of somebody and smashed crap up. To me, it's taking my time away from the little old quiet lady having chest pain or taking time away from the person you “crap-kicked” for trying to stop the looting.

To you it's just a fight. To me, it’s the ER social worker looking for a teddybear to console a 4 year old girl because she just witnessed her dad get a broken nose as he was trying to get his daughter out of the hotzone.

To you it's writing a letter saying "you will do whatever it takes to help clean the city." To me it's walking home after a long shift and seeing all these people at 7:30 in the morning armed with garbage bags cleaning up YOUR mess and realizing that these people have more class in their pinky finger than you could ever muster in your whole life.

To me, it's getting home to shower, only to have my elderly neighbour knock on my door and ask me if he should make an appointment to this doctor because he was experiencing shortness of breath which later turned to chest pain in the morning. He did not think about leaving his window open as he went to bed at 9 o’clock. The smoke from all the burning cars made it to our building, into his room and triggered his asthma, which then raised his heart rate, which then became a small heart attack. I asked him why he didn’t go to the ER, and he answered, "I turned on the tv this morning and saw the rioting, I did not want to be a burden." To you, it's just an overturned car that you set on fire.

Why am I blaming you for all this? Because you are the instigator. You ask people to leave your family, friends and co-workers alone?! I think they need to know how much of a colossal douche you are. Remember that your parents worked themselves to the bone so they can move to this country and give you your god-given right to flip cars over and set them on fire.

You Tim Kwong are a douchtard. Apology not accepted.

-- a nurse with the initials, J.J
Hope this isn't a repost t
Best thing I have read so far, everyone thinks its just a car (not revscene people ) but it leads to so much more.

Part of me is still addicted to watching video on the riot the part gets mad when watching it and has to turn it off.
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #1970
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,806 Times in 215 Posts
Quote:
A Letter of Appoligy to Vancouver and Family and Friends Hey Everyone ! The status is : I Turned myself in to the VPD today at 12pm I am now being charged on 4 counts. I am Truly Sorry for what i have done !!! I have no excuse for my actions during the Riot. To my Friends, Family, Coworkers, and of course all of Vancouver and BC i am SORRY for what i have done. I would like to say on my behalf that I LOVE VANCOUVER ! I’ve been Born n Raised here all my life !! and that This Town means everything to me !!! again i understand that my actions caused did not show any of that ! But i hope you one day see that i do care about this town and my friends n family and this is NOT like me !! I am ashamed at what i have done, I know i may never gain the respect of this town again. But I PROMISE that i will do whatever i can to make this up !! I am a big believer in Cleaning up your mess !! I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to make things right ! I hope this will insite some of the other rioters to do the right thing and turn themselves in !!!! I will do whatever it takes to help out and clean this town up and do what i can to prevent actions like this from ever happening in our town again. I know I deserve all the hate ! but please be respectful and don’t hate on any of my friends or family or co workers since these actions are only caused by ME and ME only !!!! Again SORRY VANCOUVER ! SORRY BC !!
He couldn't even take the time to write a decent apology, it looks like he typed this in 3 minutes
AlphaKappa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #1971
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodZilla View Post
Wow did you see near the end the full crown just pushing back against the line of cops? Why? 20 cops vs thousands scary. And that idiot Dustin A in the white shirt just tempting the cop who help back good for the cop. Best part was hearing Dustin A yell riot, that way cops can bust his ass even more.
wtf are you even saying?
Old 06-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #1972
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
BTW, a friend of mine wrote an interesting blog post on the "public shaming". I quoted a couple of you in response
http://cuntinglinguist.com/2011/06/b...#comment-14334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #1973
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
BTW, a friend of mine wrote an interesting blog post on the "public shaming". I quoted a couple of you in response
http://cuntinglinguist.com/2011/06/b...#comment-14334
It's always comical to listen to people who claim "this guy's life is going to ruined because of public shame". Giving people a second chance by giving them a slap on the wrist is like making a terrible precedent.

Crime should be punished accordingly. To me, all the punishment except for life sentence or death is giving that second chance. If you're on a national team, you should know better. If you're parents of a kid who is on national team you should know better.

I read story like THIS about a prospect NBA player and I read stories about that Nathan fuck lighting up cops cars and it made me mad letting that water polo kid go away unharmed. It sends the wrong message: Hey, you can be as fucked up as you want and you still make any team that represent a whole country, no sweat.

I don't buy that "he just got egged by the crowd" BS. If you can happily light up government properties that is paid for by tax payers then maybe you aint good enough to represent those tax payers.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #1974
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
damn. handled things a lot different in 94
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #1975
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
So anyone know what if Dustin Anderson got arrested for sure or not yet?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote