REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #2101
Banned (ABWS)

Camille sounds like a book worm who got the thrill of her life that night by stealing some random pants... No significant crime there! Some have publicly shamed her because they like the entertainment as in what thedirty.com and the Jerry Springer show are... others take these rioters seriously because they are driven by fear, fear that your unsuspecting fellow Canadian can out savage you in the event of a natural disaster lets say. You want him/her to be forever a good little citizen and obedient to the rules.
The violent offenders are the ones that people should put their energy towards... not what glass or car was damaged.
Its just funny that some of you speak of tax payer monies and what people think of our country now when we are at war for corporate interest and no ones cares.
Advertisement
TheHighImperial is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #2102
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
I have to say. Even before she posted this I kinda agreed with a lot of the stuff she was saying.

The first few days I was in super rage mode and wanted the heads of all the mobsters. But like always, I'm the type to see the reasoning behind both sides.

I agree with the mob mentality thing and how a lot of people wouldn't do what they did if it wasn't for the hundreds of people around them doing it or doing things worse than it. It's almost like peer-pressure in a way?

And after looking through her Facebook page she seemed like a good person.

I think she should get the punishment such an act entails but I do think she what is happening to her is way worse than what she deserves.

Everyone has done something bad in their life that they regret later on and everyone deserves a second chance.

I believe cases like her and the water polo kid deserve a second chance because they seem like two people who are able to do so much more for the world. I think what happened at the riot (especially for the water polo kid) is a good thing for them because it's a pretty big lesson that will be etched in their heads forever and strive to become a better person and give back MORE to the world than they have taken.

Again I don't condone these actions but I do think we should not categorize the good people who made one mistake with those who were sought out to 'cause mayhem and never change their ways because they listen to too much rap music and follow the slogan "FUCK DA POLICE!".
yeah for sure I agree with that, I mean its quite obvious there were two different classes of rioters, you had the low lives that really live for this shit and there were those who were probably decent people that made a bad choice and hey that is life and sometimes you will fuck up and make bad decisions. I have no issue accepting that some of those people really did just make a bad choice, however its how they handled the situation after. Her "apology" is a joke, all she does is spew out more crap rationalizing and defending her bad judgment instead of actually owning up to her own bad choices.
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #2103
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiGh_RollA View Post
not sure if this has been posted yet but this is Camille Cacnio's full "apology"

http://camillecacnioapology.wordpres...er-i-am-sorry/
This has damage control written all over it.

All she had to say was "I'm sorry, it was stupid, I am to blame and will accept the consequences "

Instead it's got a whole lot of But's
1creator is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #2104
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

If I knew that I was wrong, then why didn’t I do something about it sooner?

I knew that I was going to return the pants and tell the cops that I made a mistake, but why did I wait 2.5 days instead of .5-1 day? Well, that would be out of pure nervousness…nervous to tell my parents and my sister. I was raised in a good family and I was more nervous to tell them than the cops. I had to be okay with admitting it to them before I could go out to the cops

I like this one too... amongst many others.
zephyrantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #2105
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Other than wanting to make it to the Stanley Cup finals again next season for obvious reasons, I would like to see what would happened in terms of rioting this time around.

Do you guys think there will be

A) no riots
B) mild riot
C) big riot

I think there will be a mild riot as most people will be afraid to get caught on tape but there would still be SOME shit going down as some kids will be bring more masks and such to hide their identity.

Hopefully the cops will be in greater numbers, no one parks downtown and all shops will be smarter and board up their windows.
Well the question is will the city do a similar event? I think if they do they'll most likely have multiple sites around the city so they don't have one area with 100,000 people. And it's a tough call for the city because large crowds = tons of money for local businesses so a lot of businesses would want some sort of event to attract people to the core but for the city it means risking another riot and deploying tons of cops which costs money and take up resources.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:37 AM   #2106
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Other than wanting to make it to the Stanley Cup finals again next season for obvious reasons, I would like to see what would happened in terms of rioting this time around.

A) no riots
B) mild riot
C) big riot

I think there will be a mild riot as most people will be afraid to get caught on tape but there would still be SOME shit going down as some kids will be bring more masks and such to hide their identity.

Hopefully the cops will be in greater numbers, no one parks downtown and all shops will be smarter and board up their windows.

Here are my predictions:
Well, next year, when we make the finals, the city will smarten up. If you want to get into the viewing venues, you're going to get searched, just like at a concert. Regardless of that, some idiots will want to start some shit after big wins or losses. Then everybody else will kick the shit out of them so bad, the'll be sent to the hospital.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:40 AM   #2107
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
Here are my predictions:
Well, next year, when we make the finals, the city will smarten up. If you want to get into the viewing venues, you're going to get searched, just like at a concert. Regardless of that, some idiots will want to start some shit after big wins or losses. Then everybody else will kick the shit out of them so bad, the'll be sent to the hospital.
to be honest, i'd rather just have them dead. don't want to waste our money into caring for those lowlifes.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:40 AM   #2108
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, she's just adding more Google results for her name that will point to her part in the riots for her future prospective employers. Having your full name in the URL of the website = great SEO. :IDL

Where do we draw the line for second chances? What if the kid did light that car on fire? Would he get a second shot then? Or what if a guy is a fucking scumbag but didn't really do much in the riot except take a picture of himself beside a fire and steal a pair of pants?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #2109
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
I have to say. Even before she posted this I kinda agreed with a lot of the stuff she was saying.

The first few days I was in super rage mode and wanted the heads of all the mobsters. But like always, I'm the type to see the reasoning behind both sides.

I agree with the mob mentality thing and how a lot of people wouldn't do what they did if it wasn't for the hundreds of people around them doing it or doing things worse than it. It's almost like peer-pressure in a way?

And after looking through her Facebook page she seemed like a good person.

I think she should get the punishment such an act entails but I do think she what is happening to her is way worse than what she deserves.

Everyone has done something bad in their life that they regret later on and everyone deserves a second chance.

I believe cases like her and the water polo kid deserve a second chance because they seem like two people who are able to do so much more for the world. I think what happened at the riot (especially for the water polo kid) is a good thing for them because it's a pretty big lesson that will be etched in their heads forever and strive to become a better person and give back MORE to the world than they have taken.

Again I don't condone these actions but I do think we should not categorize the good people who made one mistake with those who were sought out to 'cause mayhem and never change their ways because they listen to too much rap music and follow the slogan "FUCK DA POLICE!".

You've just fallen into the typical mentality of the masses where they see a wealthy person or a girl or both and they automatically want to forgive or feel sorry for them ("seem like two people who are able to do so much more for the world")
but if they were poor/down on their luck etc you'd be like "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS"

the shit they pulled doesnt fly and you're just falling for their bs
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 02:06 AM   #2110
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
That Camille girl is no different from a Surrey jack lol..She wouldn't be doing all this crap if she wasn't caught on camera..
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #2111
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
You've just fallen into the typical mentality of the masses where they see a wealthy person or a girl or both and they automatically want to forgive or feel sorry for them ("seem like two people who are able to do so much more for the world")
but if they were poor/down on their luck etc you'd be like "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS"

the shit they pulled doesnt fly and you're just falling for their bs
Maybe. But I like to look at my own life as an example. I believe I am a good person (without going into details). But I have done some things that i regret and know I never should have done. But doe that mean I deserved to be ridiculed and have my life ruined forever? I don't believe so. I have learned from the past and become a better person.

I believe she deserves the fine, jail time, or community service that she is going to get. I also believe she deserves some public shame. But I don't believe that her entire life from here on should be completely ruined to the point she cannot graduate or find a job or whatever.

I'm sure there are many great people who contribute a lot of good to society who have done some wrong in their past before. Imagine if we never gave them a second chance? We may never have seen the greatness they have brought.

What if the Water Polo kid becomes the Olympic star that he has the potential to become? becomes a model athlete who can teach kids of the mistake he made. Maybe become a spokes person for some charities and help raise money? Is that not a good trade off for setting a car on fire?

Also you may be right about the wealthy/girl vs poor/down on their luck point. But could you really put Camille and Dustin Anderson in the same category?!?! Which one do you think learned their lesson from the punishment she gets and which one do you think will EMBRACE the punishment and may even use it to brag about? One will continue volunteering, the other will continue believing that the police is the scum of the universe.

Anyways You do have a point. I am the type of person to feel bad for those wrong do-ers. I would sometimes hate an opposing hockey team like crazy but after we beat them I would feel a bit sorry for them (except Chicago, no sympathy for them). I have hated people in my life and wish bad things upon them. But once I see them go down , I start to feel a little sorry for them.

But I am also the type of person who deserves in second chances. So I just hope we do enough damage to these people that they really learn their lesson, then stop and no go overboard. I think thew Water Polo kid's family having to move their house is a bit excessive.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx

Last edited by DanHibiki; 06-20-2011 at 02:34 AM.
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #2112
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
well yea, pictures can lie, but how does this lessen his act?

5 people jump 1 person.
person dies from injuries.
1 person says "my attack did not directly contribute to his final cause of death so I should receive a lesser penalty"

...wtf. who thinks like this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._v._C...ault_Ste-Marie
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #2113
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
What pisses me off is people who get caught try to lie their way out of it and never own up and admit to what they have done..

Also the people who defend the rioters either ;
1. you are a rioter.
2. you are a friend of the rioter.
3. you are a douchebag.
4. go back to 1 and go down the list.
Anyone know these guys??
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #2114
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Well done Vancouver.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...t-charges.html

Make those idiots pay.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #2115
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdk1 View Post
While I'm not as angry as I was before. Some extensive jail time + permanent criminal record THEN get exported should do justice for this girl that thinks she doesn't deserve this "because (may I remind you that) I am responsible for theft – a fairly minor action compared to vandalism and arson"

Any crime is a serious crime.
Stupid bitch.
Judging from some of your comments made, it is understandable they were made out of anger, but it is entirely NOT reasonable. That is not how criminal justice professionals have to look at it according to the legislative framework. I would agree with you if you said that committing a crime is committing a crime, but I have to point out that there are differing degrees of seriousness (this is highlighted by the crime severity index) and also by the type of charges she will be facing (summary conviction-less serious, or indictable offenses-more serious). I cannot recall at the moment what theft falls under.

The Canadian justice system also believes in a restorative justice approach that sees offenders being reintegrated into society as best as possible, and judges take mitigating and aggravating factors into sentencing. From what I remember, it cost 80,000/yr to house people in jails (I also read stats that showed $154/day in provincial jails versus $299/day in federal jails) compared to 20,000/yr for supervised probation. Let's be realistic here, that punishments have to fit the crime.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 06-20-2011 at 03:51 AM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 AM   #2116
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Maybe. But I like to look at my own life as an example. I believe I am a good person (without going into details). But I have done some things that i regret and know I never should have done. But doe that mean I deserved to be ridiculed and have my life ruined forever? I don't believe so. I have learned from the past and become a better person.

I believe she deserves the fine, jail time, or community service that she is going to get. I also believe she deserves some public shame. But I don't believe that her entire life from here on should be completely ruined to the point she cannot graduate or find a job or whatever.

I'm sure there are many great people who contribute a lot of good to society who have done some wrong in their past before. Imagine if we never gave them a second chance? We may never have seen the greatness they have brought.

What if the Water Polo kid becomes the Olympic star that he has the potential to become? becomes a model athlete who can teach kids of the mistake he made. Maybe become a spokes person for some charities and help raise money? Is that not a good trade off for setting a car on fire?

Also you may be right about the wealthy/girl vs poor/down on their luck point. But could you really put Camille and Dustin Anderson in the same category?!?! Which one do you think learned their lesson from the punishment she gets and which one do you think will EMBRACE the punishment and may even use it to brag about? One will continue volunteering, the other will continue believing that the police is the scum of the universe.

Anyways You do have a point. I am the type of person to feel bad for those wrong do-ers. I would sometimes hate an opposing hockey team like crazy but after we beat them I would feel a bit sorry for them (except Chicago, no sympathy for them). I have hated people in my life and wish bad things upon them. But once I see them go down , I start to feel a little sorry for them.

But I am also the type of person who deserves in second chances. So I just hope we do enough damage to these people that they really learn their lesson, then stop and no go overboard. I think thew Water Polo kid's family having to move their house is a bit excessive.
This isn't going to ruin their lives forever..... People have completely lost everything before and got back up and made something of themselves. And people that started with completely nothing (not even a education) worked their ass off and made something of themselves. At the moment, it doesn't look good for them, but if they really don't mind the hardwork.... people in society will look past this incident and they WILL get their life back in gear.
Example- 2~5 years of volunteering work, speaches at public schools of what they did wrong, showing remorse and asking if their is anything she can do for that Tuxedo store by asking their head office ( in the case of the girl) etc.... the list goes on and on.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #2117
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
lol Camille Cacnio's apology blog... http://camillecacnioapology.wordpress.com/

5% of it is the actual apology, the rest is just pandering.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #2118
My homepage has been set to RS

^arrogant essay about why psychologically there was nothing wrong with what she did. Any pity i had for her is now completely gone, as she isn't sorry at all and is just doing her best to not get sued and not get fined/prosecuted.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #2119
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
lol Camille Cacnio's apology blog... http://camillecacnioapology.wordpress.com/

5% of it is the actual apology, the rest is just pandering.
That's a lot of excuses, too bad none of it matters
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #2120
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
^ she should have stopped after her formal apologies.. The first thing people notice when they realize you are not truly "sorry" for you actions is rationalization.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #2121
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Sorry from the videos I saw from the yellow shirt guy to the punk that got beat when he tried to jump some guy 10-1. It seemed like there is at least 50% brown participants in the fighting part of it, maybe not the looting part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
One thing I will say is I don't really understand the racist comments some idiots are spewing all over the net when 99% of the rioters were White Canadians. It's like seriously stfu already with the racist comments and other stupid ass comments, this riot is already given Vancouver a black eye and made the people in this city like retards, eventually the media will pick up on the racist BS and make a story out of it.

Fuck, what a mess this riot is becoming.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #2122
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

They need to hire 3 camera men on every block corner of DT that way if someone goes after one, another will have them caught on film. Also need police at the skytrain stations checking bags for bandanas/molotovs etc just like they do at the fireworks.
Quote:

A) no riots
B) mild riot
C) big riot

Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #2123
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Anyone using alcohol and getting caught up in "mob mentality" is an idiot and just using it as a cop out. I was watching the game on the patio of Jimmys Taphouse at Robson/Homer, the entrance of the CBC fanzone with Blum2001 and a few other friends. We were drinking from 11am to 3am, a heavy mix of beers, highballs and shots, but did any of us get involved in the riot, no. So to use alcohol as an excuse is just fucked.

After Jimmys, we walked through the idiots to another bar in Yaletown to meet up with a few girls we know that were getting of shift early at the bar they worked at, the girls had been drinking and they decided to they wanted to take a walk to see what was going on, so rather than let the girls go alone, we went too. Only a couple block in we see a dumpster on fire at Homer/Nelson and at that point I told the group no point being on the street and we walked back to Yaletown to another bar. All of us had been drinking and had to walk through the idiot crowd, did any of us get caught up in the mob mentality and participate in the riot, no. Having to walk through the idiot crowd twice, non of us after heavy drinking got involved or caught up in this magical mob mentality bullshit.

Alcohol and mob mentality is just a bullshit excuse. These idiots that are losing their jobs, suspended from school, losing friends and being publicly shamed deserve every last bit of it. They showed their true nature by participating in the riot, they showed they are immature, lack character and have horrible decision making abilities.

Last edited by 7seven; 06-20-2011 at 09:18 AM.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #2124
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Don't know if it's been suggested, but I think they should let these fuckers spend only one day in jail.........while a prison riot is taking place.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #2125
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,257 Times in 1,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Alcohol and mob mentality is just a bullshit excuse. These idiots that are losing their jobs, suspended from school, losing friends and being publicly shamed deserve every last bit of it. They showed their true nature by participating in the riot, they showed they are immature, lack character and have horrible decision making abilities.
100% bang on. QFT! the best thing these idiots can do is apologize and accept all consequences. justifying your actions with these weak ass excuses will only make things worse.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote