REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #426
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I personally don't give a shit and find it slightly amusing of you people argueing.
Advertisement
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #427
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhall View Post
wow, so many people want these peoples licences revoked, jail time ect. I hope you all find yourselve in a situation where you are wrongfully accused and have the book thrown at you. Whether these guys and gal were speeding or not, there has to be proof. IF THERE IS PROOF they totally deserve what ever harsh punishment they get.

I got this exact ticket once upon a time, so did 12 other drivers I was driving with. We were also going to get food. We had a couple complaints for one reason or another and we were blanketed with the same $196 fine and 6 points. When my day in court came I didnt even get a chance to say "not guilty" The judge had me identify myself and the cop said "Id like to enter a plea of no evidence" I walked, so did everyone else. Funny enough air 1 did follow us that night, and 1 week later at a REVSCENE meet I spoke to the pilot who admited we didnt break the law beyond "minor speeding"

Again, yes they deserve punishment. But this is Canada they have to be proven guilty before that happens. Im on their side until they are proven guilty. AND if they did what they are being accused of, I hope they get what they deserve.
I'm glad you disputed and had your day in court. I'm annoyed that the crown chose to pursue charges until your day in court rather than sending you a letter indicating they would drop the ticket. Guess they were hoping you wouldn't show up and get convicted of an offense you didn't commit.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #428
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhall View Post
wow, so many people want these peoples licences revoked, jail time ect. I hope you all find yourselve in a situation where you are wrongfully accused and have the book thrown at you. Whether these guys and gal were speeding or not, there has to be proof. IF THERE IS PROOF they totally deserve what ever harsh punishment they get.

I got this exact ticket once upon a time, so did 12 other drivers I was driving with. We were also going to get food. We had a couple complaints for one reason or another and we were blanketed with the same $196 fine and 6 points. When my day in court came I didnt even get a chance to say "not guilty" The judge had me identify myself and the cop said "Id like to enter a plea of no evidence" I walked, so did everyone else. Funny enough air 1 did follow us that night, and 1 week later at a REVSCENE meet I spoke to the pilot who admited we didnt break the law beyond "minor speeding"

Again, yes they deserve punishment. But this is Canada they have to be proven guilty before that happens. Im on their side until they are proven guilty. AND if they did what they are being accused of, I hope they get what they deserve.
+1

Agreed with everything u said. You cant just assume that because a couple people called and complained, that they were actually endangering everyone else's lives.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #429
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendb7 View Post
I personally don't give a shit and find it slightly amusing of you people argueing.
lol +1

who gives a fuck.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #430
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendb7 View Post
+ 2 . i have better things to do then to argue how fast they were speeding and what they deserve. Let the cops deal with it. Don't you guys have lives ?

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #431
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,033 Times in 1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmatic View Post
If we were N drivers and we were given super cars with a dozen of our friends... im pretty sure we would do the exact same thing.
i would too.. just not on public roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #432
My homepage has been set to RS

At the end of the day I could really care less about whether they were racing or not. What irks me about the whole situation is the fact that the RCMP impounded vehicles with nothing more than a phone call from an irate citizen who hasen`t been laid in a while. On top of that, the media bias spin on it including fellow road racers who were interviewed at Mission on the weekend where I was road racing. Crying foul and basically calling the kids all idiots etc. etc. They are making their judgment based on the media. None of them were there, and neither was anyone on here. I was asked for an interview right after I cam off track and I declined. Mainly because I know they would have turned what I had to say into a `pro street racing` clip from a legit road (track) racer.

I don`t know about you guys but to me, the Lower Mainland and Canada in general is starting to turn into a Police State.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 02:48 AM   #433
Banned (ABWS)

It has to turn into a police state, the people there are idiots. If you own a fast car, you shouldn't be driving it anywhere in the lower mainland, or sea to sky. Too many variables that can go wrong.

I got the hell outa there when I could. Now I drive in the Rocky Mountains, and the only person I can hurt is myself, and maybe a moose/bear/deer. Also, where I live there is no aircare so I can build any type of car I want unchecked.
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-05-2011, 04:04 AM   #434
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,385 Times in 3,911 Posts
you guys are forgetting that some of them are admitting to the speeds reached most notably the R8 guy
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #435
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
you guys are forgetting that some of them are admitting to the speeds reached most notably the R8 guy
he only said the cars could "easily reach" 200km/h, not saying he did
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
It has to turn into a police state, the people there are idiots. If you own a fast car, you shouldn't be driving it anywhere in the lower mainland, or sea to sky. Too many variables that can go wrong.

I got the hell outa there when I could. Now I drive in the Rocky Mountains, and the only person I can hurt is myself, and maybe a moose/bear/deer. Also, where I live there is no aircare so I can build any type of car I want unchecked.
Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
It will be easily thrown out in court if he is the only witness. Is he trained in assesing speeds without a radar like the police? No. Same with joe public.

I constantly have people in my neighborhood wave frantically at me and motioning to slow down when I am driving home.... while doing 40k/hr. I NEVER speed anywhere near my house. The car is just loud and looks fast so they assume I'm speeding. It happens all the time.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #438
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
^ wow same here. I drive 35-40 when I get close to my neighbourhood. Because there's lots of kids around and the road is pretty bad. I still always get the signal to slow down, people yelling and stuff. Drives me crazy.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #439

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
he only said the cars could "easily reach" 200km/h, not saying he did
your telling him to stfu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #440
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
"What irks me about the whole situation is the fact that the RCMP impounded vehicles with nothing more than a phone call from an irate citizen who hasen`t been laid in a while.":

Nice to know that you have that inside info. I guess that is why you have ignored earlier posts that explained what actually happened, what is involved in this kind of investigation and even the admission from some of the "non-racer/participants" who admitted what they had done.

You might also want to look this up in a law dictionary..

accessory to an offence as an abettor

That's where you take part in a crime, are actually there at the scene and help others break the law.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #441
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

With all the traffic and talk this topic has generated since this incident occurred, I guess its safe to say Matt Zhang is now up there in the books with RS Greats such as Hyde, Bradford Chow, Jeffield etc. .. He dun goofed.
Posted via RS Mobile
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #442
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
"What irks me about the whole situation is the fact that the RCMP impounded vehicles with nothing more than a phone call from an irate citizen who hasen`t been laid in a while.":

Nice to know that you have that inside info. I guess that is why you have ignored earlier posts that explained what actually happened, what is involved in this kind of investigation and even the admission from some of the "non-racer/participants" who admitted what they had done.

That's where you take part in a crime, are actually there at the scene and help others break the law.
So... You're saying the irate citizen HAS been getting laid? Interesting...

Last edited by GabAlmighty; 09-05-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: your you're fail
GabAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #443
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
+ 2 . i have better things to do then to argue how fast they were speeding and what they deserve. Let the cops deal with it. Don't you guys have lives ?
it's also not likely that you are doing anything more worthwhile. I, like probably many others enjoy hearing the issues being debated with sound arguments.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #444
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
Idiot. This is an internet forum where people discuss things. If you have nothing useful to add, STFU.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post

Whether what I said was the case or not, that's how it is being portrayed in the media. When someone gets pulled over on 152nd in White Rock near 16th ave (note: nowhere NEAR the 99) for an alleged crime that took place on a freeway far away it makes me wonder.

And considering I've been in a similar situation before (which I posted about a few pages back) it also makes me think twice. I've been accused of street racing before thanks to a "good citizen" who was having a bad day. I know how it works. And I may add I don't street race, or ever have. I take it to the track like everyone should...

This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #446
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
it's also not likely that you are doing anything more worthwhile. I, like probably many others enjoy hearing the issues being debated with sound arguments.
apart from going to the gym and going through other topics in this forum, eh i guess not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Idiot. This is an internet forum where people discuss things. If you have nothing useful to add, STFU.
that's like me saying this is an internet forum where you post your thoughts/whatever is on your mind, so thus allowing me to say what i have said. you dun goof

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #447
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,703 Times in 5,217 Posts
Not saying they weren't speeding, but it's funny how people react to certain cars. As soon as I put new wheels on my MR2 Turbo, everyone wants to race all the time... and actually just last week I downshifted to 2nd and slowed to 30km/h (I know because I looked down) to turn around a corner, and as I turned, there was a RCMP cruiser right around the corner and the female cop had her window down, and as I turned around the corner she screamed out her window at me "Slow the fuck down!"

hahahaha for real? 30km/h right turn? Just because my engine was revving a little bit because I had downshifted to a lower gear and my exhaust is aftermarket (not that loud)... even the cops do it... just make assumptions based on prejudice.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #448
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeo View Post
I agree with Rogue. Licenses should be also based on displacement.

L & N Drivers ---- allowed to drive <2.0 Litres 4 Cylinders
<5 Years driving ---- up to 3.0 Litre 4 Cylinder
6-8 Years driving ---- limited up to 6 cyclinder
8+ Years driving ---- unlimited

Or some something like that...

I would love to see an Audi R8 with a VW 1.8T or a Ferrari with a Fiat 500 engine.

And traffic fines should be based on price of your car... If your driving around in a $100,000+ Car then you should pay more for your fine. eg. $15,000
If you are caught speeding in your Yugo(if you could do the speed limit) your fine would be considerable less.

The fine is to deter you from doing it again. Correct?

Sorry for the RANT... Also the L and N should be larger.

Hell I have 2 Driving teenagers(1 L and 1N) They are allowed to drive sub 2.0l cars in the garage. No way are they driving the V8s. I guess I care about them and the drivers around them. That being said maybe the 13 drivers parents don't give a shit on what their children are doing.

T.

So if I buy a Corolla and do 120km, I wouldn't get epicly fined.... but if I work hard and save up to afford an M3... I'll also be fined 5x as much for doing 120km.... whereas some idiot kid doing 200 on a Corolla would still be charged less than me... how does that make sense

Last edited by Renovatio; 09-05-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Renovatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #449
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
^This section refers to MattZhang calling Global, stating that these cars can easily exceed 200 km/h. "Although some of the drivers were racing, not all drivers were participating, and some were only following behind".

right...following behind at 200km/h?

technically what he said would make sense if he was following behind at 60km/h holding up the traffic so his friends could do 200

doesn't make him any less guilty nevertheless
Renovatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #450
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: