REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

Lomac 11-03-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed (Post 8353314)
For those who are into this, I highly recommend Alex Roy's book. He writes about his record setting trip, and how crazy it was.

Definitely a good read.

The Driver

Bought that book the day it came out. It definitely is a good read.

melloman 11-04-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_tec (Post 8353344)
[Serious] question now is, was the 4 officers officially on dinner breaks? Or were they still on duty??

:troll:

Off duty.

So when will I see the headline:
4 police officers on leave with pay after BMW crashes into FatBurger.

:troll:

Hondaracer 11-04-2013 08:52 AM

Anyone ever cut a couch in half before? Lol

My GF bought a huge couch and she lives in a appartment, we couldn't get it around the corner to her living room so now I'm thinking about cutting it in half then rebuilding it inside the living room

The cushions cover 95% of the actual backing that I'd be cutting just not so sure it would work out lol
Posted via RS Mobile

murd0c 11-04-2013 08:54 AM

That's when you pay the store you bought it from to deliver it so they are the ones that have to do it lol

Hondaracer 11-04-2013 09:00 AM

Yea she bought it from her cousin :/

And yea I'm fuckin done with moving that's for sure especially dealing with elevators and what not
Posted via RS Mobile

RecklessNS 11-04-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8353628)

My GF bought a huge couch and she lives in a appartment, we couldn't get it around the corner to her living room so now I'm thinking about cutting it in half then rebuilding it inside the living room

The cushions cover 95% of the actual backing that I'd be cutting just not so sure it would work out lol
Posted via RS Mobile

just reminds me of this. @1:08

kwy 11-04-2013 10:35 AM

reg cab performance trucks are the shit..

glad the big three are bringing them back..

The 420 HP Chevrolet Silverado Cheyenne Is The V8 Trucklet You Need

melloman 11-04-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

Please take video/pictures if you do cut the couch in half.. would be entertaining.. please also take video when you put it back together.. :fullofwin:

KingDeeCee 11-04-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

It's easier to break the wall down. Plus your living room will be more spacious.

MG1 11-04-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

Take it apart, instead of cutting it. Is the couch taller than the ceiling when standing on its end? If it's just the girth (yeah, it's a problem for me, too), then take stuffing apart and sew it back together. Cutting is not an option - really.

Hondaracer 11-04-2013 12:29 PM

This is the love seat portion of the couch:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...ps55c5aaba.jpg

As you can see the cushions cover almost all of the "frame" of it, the only really visible parts I would be tampering with is that material visible below the cushions and the rail behind them which isn't really visible

The couch that I'll have to cut though has arms on the ends, but I think if I was to slice the fabric clean enough and then put backing which I could staple it back onto and pull it tight it would work

MG, the couch is probably 9.5 feet long and she's got 8 foot ceilings with 90 deg hallway you've gotta go around

Really all you need is a stricture for this cushions to be on, the only concern with cutting it is if it just fell all apart as I did it, otherwise I'm confident that I could take scabs etc over the cut frame and bolt is all back together with some lag bolts etc
Posted via RS Mobile

melloman 11-04-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8353779)
MG, the couch is probably 9.5 feet long and she's got 8 foot ceilings with 90 deg hallway you've gotta go around
Posted via RS Mobile

Never had a couch not fit through a spot.

I'm assuming you've taken off the feet if they're removable.
And you've tried to angle the couch up as high as possible (45drg+) and tried the corner that way..

The only reason I'd laugh at cutting the couch in half is, when you put it back together, the structural stability will be drastically reduced. Best way to get it back to par, would be adding a set of feet right on the joint. Whether it be up front, or underneath (where you can't see them) atleast then there's something also holding up the joint, so if your connection broke, it wouldn't cave in on itself.

Hondaracer 11-04-2013 12:46 PM

Yea 45 deg it's touching the ceiling and there is still like 5+ feet back in the hallway lol :s
Posted via RS Mobile

murd0c 11-04-2013 01:37 PM

fuck ya picking up a gallon of apple pie moonshine after work today, checking the full operation out as well!!

v_tec 11-04-2013 02:47 PM

North Burnaby area....any where for photocopying beside Staple's pricing?

xpl0sive 11-04-2013 05:54 PM

go to SFU and pretend to be a student?

E-40six 11-04-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

have you tried standing the couch up and spinning it to get it around the corner?

tomatogunk 11-04-2013 06:03 PM

anyone have any advice regarding UPS brokerage fees?

2 weeks ago I left my iPad at the hotel where I stayed at in Seattle. Fortunately enough, housekeeping turned it in and sent it back to me in Canada. Today I got a notice from UPS saying that the brokerage fees amounted to $70, which I find ridiculous because 1) I already paid for shipping 2) It's a $200 item which isn't really quite worth paying the extra $70 for it. Need I mention that when I bought the iPad last year, I had it shipped to Blaine and was charged $40-ish worth of taxes by the CBSA upon crossing the border. I still have these documents which reflect the iPad's serial #. Would presenting this document refrain me from having to pay the ridiculous brokerage fees?

punkwax 11-04-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8353779)
the couch is probably 9.5 feet long and she's got 8 foot ceilings

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-40six (Post 8353980)
have you tried standing the couch up and spinning it to get it around the corner?

:yuno:

Hondaracer 11-04-2013 06:13 PM

This is the couch :

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...ps238b5684.jpg

I've decided I'm going to go ahead and cut it, pics to come
Posted via RS Mobile

punkwax 11-04-2013 06:47 PM

Before you do, what floor is she on and will it fit through the window or does she have a sliding balcony door?

Hondaracer 11-04-2013 06:50 PM

11th lol guy at work said grab a rope and pull er up, if it was lower I'd consider it
Posted via RS Mobile

fliptuner 11-04-2013 07:21 PM

inb4 still too wide to fit through doorway... :troll:

jk, gl

Fafine 11-04-2013 07:23 PM

Don't think you should cut it man haha
Posted via RS Mobile

PiuYi 11-04-2013 07:29 PM

JUST GET A SMALLER COUCH!!!!!!!!!!!