REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

bcrdukes 04-02-2024 04:18 PM

What if he gets hit while on his e-scooter?

AstulzerRZD 04-02-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 9130962)
It might be cheaper just to take evo or whatever every time they wanna go out vs paying for gas / car / insurance. Things that are close by can be accomplished with a e scooter or an e-bike as mentioned.

Plus I think the Tesla is cheaper than that if they were to get full 9k rebates. I think it’s around 600ish

I've lived the Modo / Evo life; was pretty sweet when the FR-S was around the corner from my spot in Yaletown.

Ultimately, car availability is spotty, you have to think ahead of time, and you're thinking about the cost of where you're going.

Until parking/congestion costs rocket, there's a benefit to having something of your own.

Why not an eBike/scooter? DAmn I'm a guy and I have Uber days to keep my hair looking nice; ain't no way i'm dating or courting without a car since I want to have fun on adventures too

Badhobz 04-02-2024 06:02 PM

I still think the cheapest shit to lease nowadays is a Tesla. It just works out cheaper than even my beloved ratrolla LE and you get more safety / features than a cloth seat ratrolla.

Buying an old car is dealing with old car problems. 500-600 bucks a month nowadays is considered cheap

Hehe 04-02-2024 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 9130973)
I still think the cheapest shit to lease nowadays is a Tesla. It just works out cheaper than even my beloved ratrolla LE and you get more safety / features than a cloth seat ratrolla.

Buying an old car is dealing with old car problems. 500-600 bucks a month nowadays is considered cheap

Yeah, if you can qualify for the full rebate, Model 3 RWD is currently the best deal IMO as well.

The car has just been completely redesigned and drives much better than the previous gen. Assuming it's possible to get a charger at home, you pay maybe 60bucks in electricity a month, 0 maintenance and even the superchargers in Richmond is only like 14cts per kw. A normal 10-90% charge would run you something like $7 and it's good for 200km+ in the absolute coldest days in our winter. With gas at $2+, $7 would hardly give you 50km even in some of the most efficient ICE cars out there.

Many are stuck in the old idea that EV is $$$, but as my Indian friend would say "if you see a lot of Indians DD-ing Tesla, you know that thing is cheap to run". :fuckthatshit:

Hondaracer 04-02-2024 10:16 PM

I had a good talk with an Uber driver, Indian guy drives in Vancouver lived in Langley

He said previously to leasing his model Y he was driving a RAV4 prime, he said all said and done he was coming out ahead almost $1200 a month driving the Tesla over the RAV for Uber, pretty crazy. That’s driving ALOT though

whitev70r 04-03-2024 07:07 AM

How can the lawyer for this guy sleep at nights? I mean leave it alone and let proceed ... eff the appeals.

Court hears bid to toss out Ibrahim Ali’s first-degree murder verdict over delays

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/...murder-verdict

68style 04-03-2024 07:10 AM

That lawyer deserves a jail sentence as much as Ali does, what a fuckwad

unit 04-03-2024 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9131004)
I had a good talk with an Uber driver, Indian guy drives in Vancouver lived in Langley

He said previously to leasing his model Y he was driving a RAV4 prime, he said all said and done he was coming out ahead almost $1200 a month driving the Tesla over the RAV for Uber, pretty crazy. That’s driving ALOT though

don't lease agreements have mileage limits though and you have to pay more if you exceed them?

Badhobz 04-03-2024 07:41 AM

Yeah they would but most people would just buy out the lease at the end and hope to sell it on the used market for more than the buyout

underscore 04-03-2024 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD (Post 9130954)
I like this logic.
In the states, I recommend the 4XE Wrangers to everyone.
$300/month lease for 18 months, cheap on gas, and top comes off

Damn, you hate them that much?

AstulzerRZD 04-03-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 9131019)
Damn, you hate them that much?

ya everyone whose name isn't AstulzerRZD deserves the worst car in the world

fwiw I actually really like the 4XE and my passengers seem to like em too; put 2k miles on em in NY and down the California coast

Traum 04-03-2024 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9131013)
How can the lawyer for this guy sleep at nights? I mean leave it alone and let proceed ... eff the appeals.

Court hears bid to toss out Ibrahim Ali’s first-degree murder verdict over delays

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/...murder-verdict

This isn't just a BC problem -- from what I've read, the delay problem is even worse in Onterrible, and a number of high profile cases involving attempt murder and rape with convincing evidence were toss out because the trial process took too long.

The federal courts are no better, as there is a shortage of judges while the (Liberals) Minister of Justice has been criticized for not approving appointmetns of new judges. Most recently, a Calgary terrorism suspect wants to have his charges thrown out because his case has been delayed too long.

It's absurd how bad certain things are in Canadian society right now.

Gosh I'm turning into Hondaracer now... FailFish

tegra7 04-03-2024 09:09 AM

Lambo written off after being crashed by 13 year old in West Van
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/lamborghini-cr...-say-1.6831987

Hondaracer 04-03-2024 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9131029)
This isn't just a BC problem -- from what I've read, the delay problem is even worse in Onterrible, and a number of high profile cases involving attempt murder and rape with convincing evidence were toss out because the trial process took too long.

The federal courts are no better, as there is a shortage of judges while the (Liberals) Minister of Justice has been criticized for not approving appointmetns of new judges. Most recently, a Calgary terrorism suspect wants to have his charges thrown out because his case has been delayed too long.

It's absurd how bad certain things are in Canadian society right now.

Gosh I'm turning into Hondaracer now... FailFish

Nah, that’s just what Canada has become.

68style 04-03-2024 09:32 AM

^ I wasn't sure you'd be awake so early today after that game you went to last night lol

I think I would have done everything possible to erase it from my memory afterward

Gerbs 04-03-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD (Post 9130954)
I like this logic.
In the states, I recommend the 4XE Wrangers to everyone.
$300/month lease for 18 months, cheap on gas, and top comes off

It's $670/month for a 60 month lease on the jeep.ca website, crazy how cheap USA cars are nominally.

Gerbs 04-03-2024 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 9130962)
It might be cheaper just to take evo or whatever every time they wanna go out vs paying for gas / car / insurance. Things that are close by can be accomplished with a e scooter or an e-bike as mentioned.

Plus I think the Tesla is cheaper than that if they were to get full 9k rebates. I think it’s around 600ish

They currently take EVO but it limits them to Vancouver, so no Burnaby / Richmond where leagues/golfing/friends houses may take place. I suggested Modo too.

Biggest downside to EVO is the day-rate, makes you stingy to pay $110 to take it up to Whistler/Richmond/Burnaby. But everyone also has a car these days, easier to bum a ride.

I'd feel stingy paying $70-80 for a roundtrip uber to DT / Suburbs despite saving $500-600+/month not having a car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 9130973)

Current budget is
$200/month lease / $5K Buyout

$100/month basic coverage + TPL
$100/month Repairs and maintenance
$150/mo Gas @ 5-10,000KM @ 10l/100KM

Total spend over 3 years = $12,600 +- $3-5K back for the E90 BMW in 3 years, if it doesn't go kaboom due to inflation

Vs

Model 3 - https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/m3/order...ct=no#overview

$885/month -> 580 After taxes after incentives + $11K Deposit @ 36 months, BC doesn't qualify cause income is way over $100K
$300/month insurance with collision and comprehensive, Tesla insurance skyrocketed in 2024.
No maintenance or gas

$1.235/month x 3 years = $44,460 to drive to pick up milk and play sports in a tesla vs a beat up BMW!

The real issue here is they need to make more money to afford the $1,235/month

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 9131001)
Yeah, if you can qualify for the full rebate, Model 3 RWD is currently the best deal IMO as well.

If you qualify for the rebate that means you make $79,999 and you bought a $55K car which sends you straight to car poor territory or live at home.

roastpuff 04-03-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerbs (Post 9131040)

Current budget is
$200/month lease / $5K Buyout

$100/month basic coverage + TPL
$100/month Repairs and maintenance
$150/mo Gas @ 5-10,000KM @ 10l/100KM

Total spend over 3 years = $12,600 +- $3-5K back for the E90 BMW in 3 years, if it doesn't go kaboom due to inflation

Nissan is back to their old tricks of cheap leases. The new Rogue is pretty nice, and the $100/month repairs & maintenance budget won't be needed.

https://i.ibb.co/brfKGVC/image.png

68style 04-03-2024 10:35 AM

Ugh these type of people like the friends above make me so tired. I used to entertain them when they were trying to figure this shit out thinking they genuinely want to find a reasonable solution that maximizes what they want while staying within their means, but all they are actually looking for is you to help them mentally justify affording something they can't actually afford.

Nowadays when I see these people coming, I just recluse and say yah you should go ahead and get * that * if you think you can afford it and don't get into running through scenario after scenario to make a deal of some sort work for them. They'll never take your advice after all that work anyway because they won't ever stop wanting the original thing they were going to get. My part is now done.

Gerbs 04-03-2024 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 9131046)
Ugh these type of people like the friends above make me so tired. I used to entertain them when they were trying to figure this shit out thinking they genuinely want to find a reasonable solution that maximizes what they want while staying within their means, but all they are actually looking for is you to help them mentally justify affording something they can't actually afford.

Nowadays when I see these people coming, I just recluse and say yah you should go ahead and get * that * if you think you can afford it and don't get into running through scenario after scenario to make a deal of some sort work for them. They'll never take your advice after all that work anyway because they won't ever stop wanting the original thing they were going to get. My part is now done.

I always say buy it, you deserve it :ilied:

GLOW 04-03-2024 12:04 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/19Ik3...giphy.gif&ct=g

Manic! 04-03-2024 12:30 PM

13 year old crashes a Lambo in West van.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/lamborghini-cr...-say-1.6831987

Hondaracer 04-03-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 9131036)
^ I wasn't sure you'd be awake so early today after that game you went to last night lol

I think I would have done everything possible to erase it from my memory afterward

Losing a bunch of money and drinking cheapo vodka playing video poker I didn’t really think much of it until I saw the notification about the next game today lol

AstulzerRZD 04-03-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 9131046)

Magic's all in the unstated wants and desires, if they want a BMW, let's find them the best one

If they wanna yeet to Japan, let's help them churn a couple credit cards

Badhobz 04-03-2024 12:59 PM

I don’t get it… if they make way more than 100k then get the car in parents name for the EV full credits. Also if you’re making over 100k, you shouldn’t have spent so much that the best you can afford is a fucking 5k beater car….

Bat shit crazy

Are these people white or something ? I’d take away their Asian card if they were Chinese