REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

N.V.M. 03-21-2024 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9129869)
Problem with DQ is their “ice cream” or whatever it is has been tasting increasingly fake. Blizzards kind of mask it but the cones and whatnot are gettin kinda nasty

they can not call their product ice cream because by law/definition ice cream must be at least 10% butterfat. they're not even close, halfway maybe?

whitev70r 03-21-2024 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 9129904)
Me and spy balloon grabbed ghetto meatballs today for 5 bucks. What savings !

On Wed, kids meals are free at IKEA ... and you don't have to have any kiddies with you. Top that!

Badhobz 03-21-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radeonboy (Post 9129909)
How was the lineup? I was there to pick up something last week and the lineup went well into the kid's area...

a little bit of a lineup. It moved along quite quickly as these unionized gestapo IKEA workers were quite diligent to ensure everyone has their ikea card. Those who didnt have one were taken aside and instantly….. gas…. I mean forced to sign up.

I got quite a bit of side eye from the kitchen staff for asking for three plates of meatballs (to share between 2 people).

Eh fuck you. If you don’t wanna dish out meatballs, don’t fucking be working there rolling your eyes and shit

headhunt3r 03-21-2024 01:03 PM

How does everyone browse revscene on their phones? Constant panning and zooming like me?

Hondaracer 03-21-2024 01:09 PM

13 pro max everything fits pretty perfect. Even compared to other forums I’m on RS works the best out of them on a mobile device

winson604 03-21-2024 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 9129891)
Didn't the store that was in that condo development on #5 & Steveston by the overpass used to be a proper Loblaws store?

I remember going in there once, felt very much Thrifty Foods/Safeway like, definately higher end than superstore.

That sure didn't last long lol.

Superstore is kind of a direct competition to Walmart, especially now that Walmart does groceries here. (I can't stand shopping in walmart even more than Superstore )

That spot has been empty for years now only bringing in Revenue each year when Spirit Halloween takes over. Pretty sad but as mentioned already it was doomed from the get go.

fliptuner 03-21-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9129869)
Problem with DQ is their “ice cream” or whatever it is has been tasting increasingly fake. Blizzards kind of mask it but the cones and whatnot are gettin kinda nasty

Problem with DQ is, outside of the mall, they don't have Orange Julius attached

68style 03-21-2024 03:01 PM

^ Is that where you get all your weiners from?

EvoFire 03-21-2024 03:15 PM

Quote:

https://i.postimg.cc/NMJmd5N1/IMG-5970.jpg

We went 2 weeks ago, great we saved some money, but the lineup was an hour before we got food. Not doing that again, not with two kids anyways.

Hondaracer 03-21-2024 03:16 PM

Used to be a fiend for those orange Julius Glizzys growing up

Dunno if anyone is a Surrey OG but I remember the old orange Julius by the liquor store in Guildford mall under the escalators.. good memories

SkinnyPupp 03-21-2024 03:59 PM

Quote:

https://i.postimg.cc/NMJmd5N1/IMG-5970.jpg

Is it seriously normally $9 for those meatballs?

RabidRat 03-21-2024 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headhunt3r (Post 9129924)
How does everyone browse revscene on their phones? Constant panning and zooming like me?

13 Mini here. Shit ton of panning and zooming for sure.

SSM_DC5 03-22-2024 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headhunt3r (Post 9129924)

99%of the time I browse on my phone via chrome. Only zoom when I watch the videos in shitty drivers thread.

Get a phone with a bigger screen.

bcrdukes 03-22-2024 05:42 AM

Badhobz, I didn't know you had kids. :suspicious:

Badhobz 03-22-2024 07:55 AM

that little shit aint mine!!!!

68style 03-22-2024 08:27 AM

That ain't Badhobz kid, Badhobz kid would have a Patek so heavy she couldn't raise her arm if she wanted to

SSM_DC5 03-22-2024 10:00 AM

He's a pedo:badpokerface:

pastarocket 03-22-2024 11:01 AM

The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread

Sad news from the Royal Family.

Princess Kate made an announcement about her health issues. Cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/uk/ka...gbr/index.html

If I remember correctly, King Charles is also undergoing cancer treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traum 03-22-2024 11:12 AM

Damn... I am so sorry to hear that Kate has cancer. :(

As good as she looks / has been made to look in the video, it is still very obvious how much of a toll chemo has done on her body.

I wish her well, and I hope she'd make a full recovery from this.

Fuck cancer. :(

Manic! 03-22-2024 12:16 PM

Fuck the Royal family.

Hondaracer 03-22-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9130047)
Damn... I am so sorry to hear that Kate has cancer. :(

As good as she looks / has been made to look in the video, it is still very obvious how much of a toll chemo has done on her body.

I wish her well, and I hope she'd make a full recovery from this.

Fuck cancer. :(

Every comment on every post about this is saying that isn’t her :lol

Badhobz 03-22-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9130056)
Fuck the Royal family.

shes not even a royal. shes just some bitch who married into that... have a heart.... of India?

6793026 03-22-2024 12:39 PM

it's sad, but i really don't care much. They are just like normal people in a normal family.

They are just in a spot light and who know what they have really contributed.

Traum 03-22-2024 12:54 PM

At the very least, the British Royal Family is a *HUGE* tourism driver to their country. While they are certainly funded by taxpayers, I am willing to be that their net contribution to the UK GDP is far bigger than the average Briton.

Among the current Royal Family, Kate also one of the most well-liked, if not the most well-liked Royal Family member, so there is also that.

Assuming Kate is able to make a full recovery, I'm sure she'd be spending a good amount of her time doing charity work for cancer research and such. For someone with her level of star power, it will certainly attract more funding into the field.

pastarocket 03-22-2024 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9130066)
At the very least, the British Royal Family is a *HUGE* tourism driver to their country. While they are certainly funded by taxpayers, I am willing to be that their net contribution to the UK GDP is far bigger than the average Briton.

Among the current Royal Family, Kate also one of the most well-liked, if not the most well-liked Royal Family member, so there is also that.

Assuming Kate is able to make a full recovery, I'm sure she'd be spending a good amount of her time doing charity work for cancer research and such. For someone with her level of star power, it will certainly attract more funding into the field.

Yeah, fuck cancer for sure.

I know from stories from one of my Aunts about her close friend's grandson dying from a form of cancer.

Which cancer? Leukemia. Cancer of the white blood cells in bone marrow.

Anyways, long story short. The young man passed away at age 23 from leukemia. -started feeling very sick with headaches and other symptoms after a student exchange trip in Japan. A bone marrow transplant could not save him.

Remember Fukushima in 2011? The dude was living near Fukushima at the time of the power plant meltdown.

Fuck cancer and fuck nuclear power/radiation.