REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #226
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
He did a fantastic job with that design. Amazing that people on RS would fail it. Seriously? Failing a friggin' picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Some may have just thought it was the apple logo and nothing more?
its prolly cuz its a repost in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #227
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

So much unnecessary non contributing crap in this thread.
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #228
Need to Seek Professional Help

WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT STUPID THINGS HE DID OR HOW MUCH OF AN ASSHOLE HE IS. THE GUY IS FUCKING DEAD. ARE YOU GUYS NOT HAPPY ENOUGH?

SHIT. WOULD YOU GUYS BE HAPPY IF PEOPLE KEPT TALKING SMACK ABOUT YOU AFTER YOU DIED? WHO CARES HOW MUCH OF AN INSENSITIVE ASSHOLE HE WAS, HE CHANGE SHIT AND INSPIRED PEOPLE. LET'S LOOK AT YOU? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THAT MADE A DIFFERENCE IN PEOPLE'S LIVES? NOW DRINK A CUP OF SHUT THE FUCK UP AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Stop being a bunch of whiny ass fags and don't post anything if you have nothing good to say at all.

Last edited by ecchiecchi; 10-06-2011 at 10:19 PM.
ecchiecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #229
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
I try to purchase from companies that I believe in, especially regarding expensive purchases.

I don't intend on ever owning a Volkswagen because of it's Nazi origins.
Own anything by Hugo Boss?

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #230
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Why? Are you adverse to remembering someone for who they actually are?

I recognize the truth hurts, yet please recognize it is the truth and not just random bashing.
Perhaps you should read this again. Was he not a human being? Did he not change things? He wasn't Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, or even fucking Bin Laden. He did good things, and sometimes we, as humans, err and make mistakes and do bad things. Does that make him any less than you? How badly must you use this internet to discredit his life and what he did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
Many of you can not seem to separate the man and the company. He accomplished great things, he did some not so honourable things, he worked his ass off, he had ideas and saw them through. He made our life on Earth easier, bringing people together through technology and all of the advancements others have been able to make from it.

In the end, he was still just another one of us, a human being, a father and a husband, who unfortunately passed away from cancer, and that deserves respect on the very basic level of humanity.

The dumbass comments in this thread show how naive, ignorant and cynical many of you are, and that's sad.

ps. not a fanboy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozy View Post
So much unnecessary non contributing crap in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchiecchi View Post
Spoiler!
I'm not a frequent poster as I used to be on RS, I rather sit back and read, but seriously..the attitude of some of you in regards to Steve Jobs is no worse than 4chan/reddit/misc.

K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #231
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Why? Are you adverse to remembering someone for who they actually are?

I recognize the truth hurts, yet please recognize it is the truth and not just random bashing.
No, it's partial truth. As in people like you picking and choosing which aspects of his life you want to talk about, and then trying to define his entire life by those specific parts. Should I go back through all your comments on RS and pick out the really bad ones and use them to form a complete opinion of you?

Was Steve Jobs perfect? No. Did he have character flaws? Yes. Has he made mistakes? Lots of them.

You say the truth hurts. Well the truth is that Steve Jobs was a genius, an innovator, an inventor and a visionary. I guess that truth must really hurt people like you who still feel the need to bash Apple and Jobs even after he died.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #232
Banned (ABWS)

At the end of the day, people sleep.
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #233
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outreach View Post
Good riddance asshole!!
Quoted because you ninja edit'd it.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #234
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
^lol I saw him edit it as well

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #235
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
I have never bought or owned any BMW's, but it seems like Mr. Jobs had a preference for Mercedes-Benz

Steve Jobs still parking in Handicapped spaces

Steve Jobs is still parking in handicapped spaces at Apple, according to a new snap posted to Flickr.

Snapper Rana Sobhany spotted Jobs’ Mercedes SL55 AMG parked in a handicapped spot at the Apple campus over the weekend.

“Mercedes? Check. No license plate? Check. Handicap spot? Yep, this is Steve Jobs’ car!!!” she writes.

Jobs, of course, has a long history of parking in handicapped parking spaces at Apple. The reports go back years, and have recently been documented on Flickr.

Since 2006, Jobs’ car has been snapped in handicapped parking spaces at Apple at least five times. See the pictures after the jump.

Via ValleyWag.

Jobs drives a Mercedes SL55 AMG, a super fast, $130,000 sports car. Equipped with a supercharged 5.5 liter V-8 engine, the SL55 is the fastest Benz in America.

“Crack the throttle, and this posh heavyweight lunges forward like a shark that’s been invited to nibble a chunk of Britney Spears,” wrote Tony Swan in Car&Driver’s review. Curiously, it’s not the top of the line Merc: the $190,00 SL65 is. You’d expect Jobs to plump for the best.

Apple veteran Andy Hertzfled reports on his history of the Mac website, Folklore.org, that Jobs was constantly parking in the restricted spaces. “He seemed to think the blue wheelchair symbol meant the spot was reserved for the chairman,” Hertzfeld writes.

In a comment to Hertzfeld’s post, Dan Cochran, who worked at Apple, noted that one day someone converted the handicapped “wheelchair” graphic into the Mercedes logo.

“I thought it was hilarious but as I recall Steve didn’t find it particularly funny at all,” he notes.

Quipped former Apple executive, Jean-Louis Gassee, when he saw Jobs park in a restricted spot: “I never realized those spaces were for the emotionally handicapped…” (According to Wikiquote, Jean-Louis now says morally handicapped when retelling the story.)

March 3, 2006

January 13, 2007

November 18, 2007

March 26, 2008

August 22, 2008
looks like he took the spot that was really meant for you

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #236
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
I try to purchase from companies that I believe in, especially regarding expensive purchases.

Wtf?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #237
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Why didn't his car have plates?
Posted via RS Mobile
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #238
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
good night sweet prince.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #239
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

People started bandwagonning on facebook about steve jobs dieing and posting RIP like they have care, interest, or respect for steve jobs all this. Really? Before steve jobs most of you didn't give a flying fuck about what he has done, except that he is a boss and pushed iphones onto the market. Its like the stanley cup all over again

/rant
Posted via RS Mobile
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #240
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Holy fuck, do you guys really have to use 50 something font instead of just bolding your text?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #241
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,818 Times in 8,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
It's funny (no actually it's pathetic) to see comments here on RS and in tech blogs everywhere where people are trying to minimize Jobs contribution to the computer/tech industry. It's almost as if all the nerds are raging away trying to re-write history to reduce Jobs to a footnote.

Or they dig through his past looking for everything he might have done wrong to portray him as an evil person (as if their lives or the lives of other notable people are so perfect).

Only an idiot with no knowledge of computer history before Windows 95 (or outside of PC's) could claim that Jobs didn't have anything less than a huge impact on the computer industry as we know it today. And Apple haters claim Apple fans live in a "distortion reality field". Oh the irony.
So basically you are saying Jobs should get more credit for Wozniak's accomplishments?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #242
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
He wasn't a good man. He was an influential man.
He knew business and marketing.

He has a horrible history of philanthropy.
He didn't use his money to help those in need.
He had a history of gray area stock

He was good for innovation, consumerism and capitalism.
He got stuff done.
He had a way of pulling innovation and turning it into something entirely different.

Those are the facts, they are all quite well documented.
I really don't get what you guys are bickering about.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #243

P.S.
I can respect him as a businessman and innovator.

I cannot respect him as a person.

But nevertheless, RIP.

Is that good enough for everybody?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #244
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
P.S.
I can respect him as a businessman and innovator.

I cannot respect him as a person.

But nevertheless, RIP.

Is that good enough for everybody?
no
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #245
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
I don't usually start flame wars on the interwebs, but are you fucking serious? If that's your logic, then why are you driving a fucking Japanese car?
I don't think EndLeSS8 likes you either because you've owned too many VWs. lol
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #246
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
People started bandwagonning on facebook about steve jobs dieing and posting RIP like they have care, interest, or respect for steve jobs all this. Really? Before steve jobs most of you didn't give a flying fuck about what he has done, except that he is a boss and pushed iphones onto the market. Its like the stanley cup all over again

/rant
Posted via RS Mobile
riot time?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:18 AM   #247
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Sergey Brin - Oct 5, 2011 - Public
From the earliest days of Google, whenever Larry and I sought inspiration for vision and leadership, we needed to look no farther than Cupertino. Steve, your passion for excellence is felt by anyone who has ever touched an Apple product (including the macbook I am writing this on right now). And I have witnessed it in person the few times we have met.

On behalf of all of us at Google and more broadly in technology, you will be missed very much. My condolences to family, friends, and colleagues at Apple.
It's rather sad when you come on RS and see a bunch of grown men find a way to shit on someone who just died of cancer. There's a difference between the internet caricature and the person in real life, but it seems some of your eyeballs are too caught up in your computer screens. Like I said before, turn the computer off and take a walk.

The RS gadget heads (that's not a complement) want to portray Jobs as a liar, fake, swindler, etc. Sure, you can find examples of bad things he's done in his 56 years, esp when he was younger. We all grow over time, no?

OTOH, a competitor like Google can take a moment to step back and see the bigger picture of the type of figure he was for the tech industry and what he meant for Silicon Valley by placing a tribute to him on Google.com.

Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Eric Schmidt, Mark Zuckerberg, and yes, even Woz have one opinion of him. RS gadget heads have an opposing one. Who are you gonna believe?
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #248
My homepage has been set to RS

Eric Schmidt on Steve Jobs - Businessweek

Quote:
When I was still at Sun Microsystems, I visited him at NeXT—we did a bunch of deals with him. He was exactly the same way he was at Apple: strongly opinionated, knew what he was doing. He was so passionate about object-oriented programming. He had this extraordinary depth. I have a PhD in this area, and he was so charismatic he could convince me of things I didn’t actually believe.

I should tell you this story. We’re in a meeting at NeXT, before Steve went back to Apple. I’ve got my chief scientist. After the meeting, we leave and try to unravel the argument to figure out where Steve was wrong—because he was obviously wrong. And we couldn’t do it. We’re standing in the parking lot. He sees us from his office, and he comes back out to argue with us some more. It was over a technical issue involving Objective C, a computer language. Why he would care about this was beyond me. I’ve never seen that kind of passion.

It took enormous courage for Steve to go through the operations, the treatments—without violating his privacy, it’s just horrific what he had to go through. I think he made all the board meetings I was at. He was obviously ill sometimes, and sometimes he was fine. But Apple was his passion, along with his family. There was never any question when I was there as to his ability to do his job, and I just felt terribly sorry for him, as everyone else did, over what he was going through physically.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 03:46 AM   #249

Like I said. He knows marketing.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:03 AM   #250
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: