REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #151
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Wow, after doing research on him, he is one great person who is not afraid of following his own dreams. I respect that.

Only thing that I've owned from Apple is the iPod Touch 1st Gen. I hope Tim Cooks can lead this company. Hopefully, my next purchase will be an iPhone or Macbook Pro.

RIP
Advertisement
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #152
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I just watched almost all the keynote speeches on all of the new products they released (iMac, iPod, Nano, Mini, Etc.) and by far the most hype and build-up out of all of these was the first iPhone in 2007.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #153
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Thanked 1,048 Times in 121 Posts
LikeASir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-06-2011, 02:26 AM   #154
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
RIP
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #155
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Microsoft Co-Founder and Chairman, Bill Gates:

"Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives. The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor."

Microsoft Co-Founder, Paul Allen:

"We've lost a unique tech pioneer and auteur who knew how to make amazingly great products. Steve fought a long battle against tough odds in a very brave way. He kept doing amazing things in the face of all that adversity. As someone who has had his own medical challenges, I couldn't help but be encouraged by how he persevered."

Google CEO, Larry Page:

"I am very, very sad to hear the news about Steve. He was a great man with incredible achievements and amazing brilliance. He always seemed to be able to say in very few words what you actually should have been thinking before you thought it. His focus on the user experience above all else has always been an inspiration to me. He was very kind to reach out to me as I became CEO of Google and spend time offering his advice and knowledge even though he was not at all well. My thoughts and Google's are with his family and the whole Apple family."

Google Chairman, Eric Schmidt:

"Today is very sad for all of us. Steve defined a generation of style and technology that's unlikely to be matched again. Steve was so charismatically brilliant that he inspired people to do the impossible, and he will be remembered as the greatest computer innovator in history."

Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook:

"Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend. Thanks for showing that what you build can change the world. I will miss you."

Yahoo Co-Founder, Jerry Yang:

"Steve was my hero growing up. He not only gave me a lot of personal advice and encouragement, he showed all of us how innovation can change lives. I will miss him dearly, as will the world."

Nokia CEO, Stephen Elop

"The world lost a true visionary today. Steve's passion for simplicity and elegance leaves us all a legacy that will endure for generations. Today, my thoughts, and those of everyone at Nokia are with the friends and family that he leaves behind."
Respect from the industry from ppl who care about it.

Engineers FTW.

Some of you gadget heads here need to step away from the internet and go for a walk.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #156
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
RIP a visionary.

i dont use much for apple products, but seeing how apple's vision of user interface and interaction making the end user the most important piece of every product was what made their products stand out above everyone elses.

Love or Hate apple products, his and apple's vision changed how the interfaces of all electronic products today. May you be an andriod supporter, blackberry, or iphone, pc or mac, all great ideas stemmed from health competition and innovation.

I remember using mac's in elementary school, the simplicity of it and ease of use was mindblowing.

RIP a great visionary.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 AM   #157
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Wow, RIP Steve Jobs!
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 AM   #158
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
A man very few have met yet he effected us all!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:59 AM   #159
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
I didn't think of this, but...

I guess an apple a day didn't work...
Old 10-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #160
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
I didn't think of this, but...

I guess an apple a day didn't work...
well according to Skinny on how Jobs tackled his condition i guess it did work but not in the right way
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #161
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,819 Times in 8,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
I remember using mac's in elementary school, the simplicity of it and ease of use was mindblowing.

RIP a great visionary.
Then you too can thank Xerox
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 AM   #162
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
I've seen a lot of comments/articles online that Apple is going to go downhill now that Jobs is gone. I don't buy it, for two reasons.

First there's time-to-market. Steve doesn't wake up on Monday with an idea and on Friday it's released. Apple, like any company, would have a roadmap of what it wants to accomplish both in the near term and long term. Steve wanted certain features in the iPhone (for example) back in 2007 which still haven't been implemented because of the current state of technology. It's virtually guaranteed that whatever Apple releases in the next year or two (iPhone 5/6, Apple televisions, game consoles....) have already been well defined with the only thing left to do is work out production details and perform testing. In other words, Apple has a lot of Steve's ideas/vision that need finishing. Apple isn't going to run out of ideas next week now that Steve is gone. In a couple years they might, but definitely not in the short term.

Secondly, and more importantly, is how people react to a tragic event like this. When something like this happens people can do one of three things: fold, maintain the status quo, or rise up and excel. I tried to remember any event where a loss like this caused someone to fold - a company to die off or a sports team to lose and I couldn't come up with any (though I'm sure examples exist). However, I have heard of countless examples over the years where an event like this inspires people to go on to greater things (team sports is a popular theme where losing a teammate causes everyone to rally). I think this is a part of human nature as it's a common theme in situations like this. That is why I think Apple employees will, after a period of mourning, rise up with a new outlook at life and will do even greater things than they have, in memory of Steve.

Now well have to wait and see.....
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #163
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

iGrave ..
mmmmmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #164
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
And, if he was such a positive influence on the people he worked with, Apple would continue to flourish even without him.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #165
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,819 Times in 8,193 Posts
Quote:
I've seen a lot of comments/articles online that Apple is going to go downhill now that Jobs is gone. I don't buy it, for two reasons.

First there's time-to-market. Steve doesn't wake up on Monday with an idea and on Friday it's released. Apple, like any company, would have a roadmap of what it wants to accomplish both in the near term and long term. Steve wanted certain features in the iPhone (for example) back in 2007 which still haven't been implemented because of the current state of technology. It's virtually guaranteed that whatever Apple releases in the next year or two (iPhone 5/6, Apple televisions, game consoles....) have already been well defined with the only thing left to do is work out production details and perform testing. In other words, Apple has a lot of Steve's ideas/vision that need finishing. Apple isn't going to run out of ideas next week now that Steve is gone. In a couple years they might, but definitely not in the short term.

Secondly, and more importantly, is how people react to a tragic event like this. When something like this happens people can do one of three things: fold, maintain the status quo, or rise up and excel. I tried to remember any event where a loss like this caused someone to fold - a company to die off or a sports team to lose and I couldn't come up with any (though I'm sure examples exist). However, I have heard of countless examples over the years where an event like this inspires people to go on to greater things (team sports is a popular theme where losing a teammate causes everyone to rally). I think this is a part of human nature as it's a common theme in situations like this. That is why I think Apple employees will, after a period of mourning, rise up with a new outlook at life and will do even greater things than they have, in memory of Steve.

Posted via RS Mobile
That's all assuming he is more than just their marketing master.
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #166
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozy View Post
I'd fail you a million times if i could. When you die ima be like

"LOL"

That aside, not a big fan, but damn he accomplished a lot.
See, the LOL was directed towards apple fanboys riding his dick to the grave. My first post which was conveniently deleted by the mod made it sound like I'm making fun of Steve Jobs which I am not but the transparency of retards following popular trends and gadgets.
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #167
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
If he was as good as everyone says he is, then is #1 job was not building a better phone. It wasn't designing a better computer. If he was that good, it was building a better team that can build a better anything.

If he succeeded, then they succeed.

Every indication was that he made building the culture at the company a top priority. Like their products or not, I think he succeeded in changing it fundamentally into what it is today.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #168
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
RIP Mr. Jobs

Last edited by minoru_tanaka; 10-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #169
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

rip steve
hpw912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #170
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Siri told Jobs it was "time to go", so he did.

too soon?
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #171
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

rip steve...

American director Steven Spielberg said: "Steve Jobs was the greatest inventor since Thomas Edison. He put the world at our fingertips."
BaBiE_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #172
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
"There's an old Wayne Gretzky quote that I love. 'I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.' And we've always tried to do that at Apple. Since the very very beginning. And we always will." - Steve Jobs.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #173
Resident Bullshitter

outside of HK apple store LOL
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #174
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,282 Times in 1,635 Posts
speaking as someone who has never owned an apple product his entire life, you cannot deny the impact he has had on the world around you. nit picking at whether he was the one who did it or not is irrelevant. he was the face of the company and it's leader.

RIP Steve Jobs
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #175
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Someone on another forum said it best:

Quote:
A man doesn't just predict trends when he's in that kind of position? He sets them.
Now every iHipster eagerly awaits news of what next trend to follow.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote