REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:43 AM   #251
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,737 Times in 814 Posts
Thread Closed.
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #252
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So basically you are saying Jobs should get more credit for Wozniak's accomplishments?
Troll harder. Where did I mention Wozniak or diminsh his controbutions at all?

EndleSS88: You're avoiding everyones questions. What do you use for a phone, laptop, desktop or TV? What kind of car do you drive?

I doubt you'll reply since you'll soon find out the sordid history of the products you do own, and the people responsible for them.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #253
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post

EndleSS88: You're avoiding everyones questions. What do you use for a phone, laptop, desktop or TV? What kind of car do you drive?

I doubt you'll reply since you'll soon find out the sordid history of the products you do own, and the people responsible for them.
Read harder, get out of the Jobs Reality Distortion Field. He was a brilliant marketer. Not a brilliant engineer. That was Wozniak. In fact, a lot of people know about the famous incident where Atari hired Steve Jobs to work on Breakout. They offered a $100 bonus on top of the $750 salary, for each chip he could eliminate, making the game cheaper to manufacture. Jobs passed it onto Woz (not telling Atari), who got it working on a single chip. Atari was so impressed they paid Jobs a $5000 bonus, which he kept himself.

Jobs was very good at getting people to think and do what he wanted, and great at getting his own way. THIS IS A GOOD THING. He made a LOT of people a LOT of money. And many of those people are contributing in great ways through philanthropy, etc. So even if Jobs never did unless it was in his best interest, a lot of the people HE helped become rich will (and many will not, I'm sure).

But to talk about Jobs like he was was some sort of deity, when really all he did was convince people that they should spend way too much money for computers and tech gadgets, is laughable.

Again, nothing against the guy. I'm sure he didn't ask for all this to be lavished on him (you can see how he reacts to his "fans" on many videos on youtube). So RIP to jobs, the rest of you clowns calm the fuck down. You are mourning the loss of a really good salesman.

BTW this is a good read too

Steve Jobs Was Not God
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #254
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
Perhaps you should read this again. Was he not a human being? Did he not change things? He wasn't Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, or even fucking Bin Laden. He did good things, and sometimes we, as humans, err and make mistakes and do bad things. Does that make him any less than you? How badly must you use this internet to discredit his life and what he did?
If posting the truth discredits him, then so be it.

You're acting like one of those idiots that like remembering someone as the good person they were, rather than the person that killed 3 people while driving drunk. Good people don't drive drunk and kill people, so its hypocritical to remember someone for who they are not.

You remember the good person you've put on a pedestal, I'll remember the truth. Deal? Done.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #255
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
No, it's partial truth.
No, its the full truth cause the rest has already been posted. I don't need to repeat what others have already posted.

Quote:
As in people like you picking and choosing which aspects of his life you want to talk about, and then trying to define his entire life by those specific parts.
Quite the opposite. I have no need to post the other aspects of his life, cause if you've been paying attention lots of people have posted his greatness and defined him by it. I'm just completing the picture. You can see how many people have pictured Jobs based only on certain aspects of his life, and how upset they are when his entire life ruins the picture they had of him.

My picture isn't ruined by considering all details, yours is.

Quote:
Should I go back through all your comments on RS and pick out the really bad ones and use them to form a complete opinion of you?
Lots of people already have a preconceived impression of me based on my posts. I accept that, perhaps you should too. I'm not the one upset that my vision of Jobs is distorted by pointing out his faults.

Quote:
I guess that truth must really hurt people like you who still feel the need to bash Apple and Jobs even after he died.
Its not bashing when its the truth. Its only bashing to you, cause it ruins your memory of him to have the truth pointed out.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #256
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
All jokes and ranting aside, he's a man with tons of money who proves that no money can buy you health. At the end of the day, stripped all of his money and materialistic posessions, a man has died a slow and painful death. Simply deserves an RIP. Not for what he's done, but for being a human being.

Btw, I'm typing this from the cancer ward in the hospital. He's no different than the people to my left, and to my right (everybody has their flaws)..
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #257
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

StutteR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #258
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
FUCKING HELL GUYS DO WE REALLY HAVE TO HAVE A HUGE ARGUMENT OVER SOMEONE'S DEATH?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #259
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
@ ppl who discredit jobs and pick him out for his faults

If you cant swear on your balls that you have never done anything in your lives that would constitute as "asshole" then kindly proceed to pull your head outta your ass. You talk of another human being like your farts dont smell
Posted via RS Mobile
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #260
Banned (ABWS)

K-DUB WAS IN LOVE W/ HIM.
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #261
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
It's rather sad when you come on RS and see a bunch of grown men find a way to shit on someone who just died of cancer. There's a difference between the internet caricature and the person in real life, but it seems some of your eyeballs are too caught up in your computer screens. Like I said before, turn the computer off and take a walk.
grown men? are you sure bout that?

notsureifsrs.jpg
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #262
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
@ ppl who discredit jobs and pick him out for his faults

If you cant swear on your balls that you have never done anything in your lives that would constitute as "asshole" then kindly proceed to pull your head outta your ass. You talk of another human being like your farts dont smell
Posted via RS Mobile
Nobody is taking anything from him for being a cunt. Well except the god-like attributes people are applying to him. In death, he really proved that he created a cult. Which is ironic since he spoke against such ways of thinking in a speech once
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #263
Banned (ABWS)

lol at .RENN.SPORT. failing vafanculo.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #264
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,457 Times in 990 Posts
^throwaway account much?
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #265
Banned (ABWS)

I just joined to try and sell my car FYI................ and this thread is intrigues me.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #266
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

RIP Steve Jobs, world changer.
clee0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #267
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Think of him as a celebrity. We all love celebrities for whatever reason. Maybe he's got real talent. Maybe it's all just packaging/marketing. Maybe she's just hot. They all get haters too for no apparent reasons.

So just leave it alone and let the guy RIP.

Past:
Mercedes 2003 SLK 230
VW 2007 Rabbit MK5
Yuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #268
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
I wonder how his death will affect sales. When Amy winehouse ad Michael Jackson died, sales of their songs went through the roof.
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #269
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,737 Times in 814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
I wonder how his death will affect sales. When Amy winehouse ad Michael Jackson died, sales of their songs went through the roof.
Posted via RS Mobile
different, thats "art", this is business. shares will fall if anything.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #270
Banned By Establishment

sad day, he was a visionary
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #271
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

You are an idiot. I have work all day so I don't have time to reply IMMEDIATELY.

For the record, the only thing I had of Hugo Boss was 1 bottle of cologne which I bought 10 years ago, used about 5 times, and that was it.

I have a cheap phone, a Nokia. I don't own a desktop. My laptop is a Dell. I don't own a TV. I own a Nissan, but if I had enough funds, I would own a C6 Corvette.

I thought I would be the last person on RS to side with taylor192 and SkinnyPupp, but both of their answers are more than sufficient to reply back to all of you fanatics. Their answers are spot on.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #272
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
you know, what about we start looking at every single person that died and their negatisms which they did in their life. There's always a thing you can say about another person so what gives YOU the right to judge others? Look at yourself
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #273
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

guys guys, all this pointing out the "truth" is a little ridiculous... yea maybe jobs was an asshole and did some shady things, but i'm sure many ppl would agree the good things he did far outweighed the asshole personality he had... take for example jfk... he was a womanizer... mistresses everywhere but do ppl keep bringing that up? i'm sure jfk did a lot of immoral things, but fact is he was one of the greatest presidents and his legacy will be remembered for that... Same goes for Steve Jobs imo... it's not a coincidence that he took an almost bankrupt company and turned it into what it is today... nobody here can say apple would have succeeded the same way...

Last edited by LT Maverick; 10-07-2011 at 05:47 PM.
LT Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #274
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

R.I.P.
I'm not gonna bash this guy with what he did because no one is perfect
can't thank this guy enough for making ipods
best mp3 player ever
funny joke he made about his company

Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #275
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Everyone is remembered by the one big thing that happens in their life/career whether it be good or bad.

You knock on those who seem to worship him because what he did with Apple is the most defining thing about him.

Not everyone is totally educated on his entire life or cares.

Patrick Stefan will be remembered forever as being one of the biggest #1 overall picks to flop.

Alexandre Daigle will be remember for saying ""Nobody remembers who was chosen No. 2" and then totally busting.

How will people remember Tiger Woods? His great career or his scandal?

Bill Clinton? Sex Scandal.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote