REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #276
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
R.I.P.
I'm not gonna bash this guy with what he did because no one is perfect
can't thank this guy enough for making ipods
best mp3 player ever
funny joke he made about his company

Steve Jobs Funniest Joke. Even Bill Gates Laughs! - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Everyone is remembered by the one big thing that happens in their life/career whether it be good or bad.

You knock on those who seem to worship him because what he did with Apple is the most defining thing about him.

Not everyone is totally educated on his entire life or cares.

Patrick Stefan will be remembered forever as being one of the biggest #1 overall picks to flop.

Alexandre Daigle will be remember for saying ""Nobody remembers who was chosen No. 2" and then totally busting.

How will people remember Tiger Woods? His great career or his scandal?

Bill Clinton? Sex Scandal.
exactly. i've read all the negatives that members here have posted and frankly i don't really care especially the personal stuff... i think it's safe to say Jobs has achieved more in life than most of us ever will... oh and near the end, doing it while battling pancreatic cancer... give the guy a break man!
Advertisement
LT Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #277
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Although I am not fond of the Apple brand, its always sad to see such talented people leave this world

RIP Steve Jobs
SpicyToFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #278
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So RIP to jobs, the rest of you clowns calm the fuck down. You are mourning the loss of a really good salesman.
He was a very good salesman/marketer. But he was a lot more than that. Not really sure why people seem to want to constantly reduce him to nothing more than a good salesman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Lots of people already have a preconceived impression of me based on my posts. I accept that, perhaps you should too. I'm not the one upset that my vision of Jobs is distorted by pointing out his faults.

Its not bashing when its the truth. Its only bashing to you, cause it ruins your memory of him to have the truth pointed out.
You're completing missing the point, and making broad generalizations. I'm not upset one bit about the bad things Jobs has done (and I doubt anyone else here really is either). I already admitted he was far from perfect and has made mistakes. What has people upset is the lack of respect for someone who died. I've been to far too many funerals and I've never seen a eulogy yet where all the good and bad things about the deceased were pointed out. We like to remember the good about people who have passed away and remember them for the things they have done or accomplished.

It's just not normal to bash someone who has died even if they did things you didn't like. You are trying to disguise your bashing and lack of respect as "telling the truth" or "opening our closed eyes to who Jobs really was".

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
You are an idiot. I have work all day so I don't have time to reply IMMEDIATELY.

For the record, the only thing I had of Hugo Boss was 1 bottle of cologne which I bought 10 years ago, used about 5 times, and that was it.

I have a cheap phone, a Nokia. I don't own a desktop. My laptop is a Dell. I don't own a TV. I own a Nissan, but if I had enough funds, I would own a C6 Corvette.

I thought I would be the last person on RS to side with taylor192 and SkinnyPupp, but both of their answers are more than sufficient to reply back to all of you fanatics. Their answers are spot on.
I don't recall demanding an instant response. You were the one getting ridiculed for the comment about buying from companies you "believe in". Instead of answering you respond with a post about Jobs parking in handicapped spots.

So you own a phone and laptop made by Foxconn? How interesting.

Fanatics? Another common ploy used by Apple/Jobs haters. Why is it that nobody can ever make a post or comment in any online forum about Apple without being labeled as a "fanboy", "fanatic" or living in the "reality distortion field". Does it bother you so much if someone has something positive to say about Apple that you have to lump them all together and call them "Apple groupies"?
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #279
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
seems like alot of you like to suck dick, apple is just as bad as M$. Profting off the stupid.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #280
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Yay, I have another fail stalker who doesn't have the balls to actually post. I'm looking at you "dL". Mods, I thought the limit was set at 5/day?
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #281
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Fanatics? Another common ploy used by Apple/Jobs haters. Why is it that nobody can ever make a post or comment in any online forum about Apple without being labeled as a "fanboy", "fanatic" or living in the "reality distortion field". Does it bother you so much if someone has something positive to say about Apple that you have to lump them all together and call them "Apple groupies"?
This is the kind of shit that is annoying. What's with all the labels.

I'm not an Apple hater.

I'm not a Steve Jobs hater.

I'm not a MS/Google/Nokia/Whatever fanboy.

I'm just a normal person who can view things and think critically about them.

If you love apple products, GREAT! Enjoy!

If you think Steve Jobs was a smart but flawed dude - WONDERFUL!

But it's the "APPLENESS" that is driving me fucking nuts. Not their products, not their dead CEO. The mentality that it produces among their "FANS". Not their "end users" - many apple end users - such as myself for instance - are just normal people that happen to use an apple product.

But their "FANS" who go on acting like morons, thinking of a dead CEO as some sort of martyr. I saw facebook updates where people said they were CRYING. What the fuck? And go to any Apple store, and you saw huge crowds of these idiots setting up a VIGIL for some billionaire who didn't give two fucks about them or anyone else, but made good products.

I have seen these being called "Altars to Consumerism" and that is pretty spot on. But I think it goes beyond that. Because these people are not just mourning the loss of someone who convinced them to buy overpriced phones over and over for the past 5 years, signing long term expensive phone contracts in perpetuity, they are literally the worst example of consumerism you can possibly come up with.

And when someone tries to bring them back down to reality, they get all upset that we are "haters" and that we just "hate" apple and don't understand anything.

The whole thing is just a big mindfuck for me...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #282
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:

you ARE the biggest fanboy around.

you have been sucking VW's dick ever since this forum is around and now you are sucking apple's dick ever since you started developing app.

for fuck sake, I probably own way more Apple device and developed more app than you.

btw, I just brought 15 new macs, including a Mac Pro. Can you do the same?
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #283
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I just brought 15 new macs
lolwtf

Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #284
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
and you have been the biggest troll since you popped out.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #285
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
different, thats "art", this is business. shares will fall if anything.
200,000 preorders already for the "new" 4S. Apparently gearing up for an epic launch.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #286
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
yeah i can
i just bought 15 new

big macs

jk

wtf you need 15 macs for
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #287
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Somebody close this thread.. lots of bashing and "im right, youre wrong"

Have peace
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #288
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

Foxconn info

Foxconn is a major manufacturer catering to famous-name brands including Apple,Dell, HP, Motorola, Sony and Nokia.

Suicides

Sun Danyong, a 25-year-old male, committed suicide in July 2009 after reporting the loss of an iPhone 4 prototype in his possession.

iPad assembly line explosion

On 20 May 2011 an explosion and fire broke out at a factory in Chengdu. The incident affected the iPad 2 assembly line and caused three deaths and injured 15 workers.

You using Foxconn as an example =

Last edited by EndLeSS8; 10-07-2011 at 09:59 PM.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #289
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:

you have been sucking VW's dick ever since this forum is around and now you are sucking apple's dick ever since you started developing app.

for fuck sake, I probably own way more Apple device and developed more app than you.

stfu k.
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #290
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

RIP steve, thx for contributions into IT
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #291
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
This thread is scaring me now

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #292
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Everybody owns Foxconn tech.
If you pretend not to, you're just ignorant.
Take a look at the parts and connectors on your motherboard.

Why are people bringing up Foxconn anyways?
Old 10-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #293
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This is the kind of shit that is annoying. What's with all the labels.

I'm not an Apple hater.

I'm not a Steve Jobs hater.

I'm not a MS/Google/Nokia/Whatever fanboy.

I'm just a normal person who can view things and think critically about them.

If you love apple products, GREAT! Enjoy!

If you think Steve Jobs was a smart but flawed dude - WONDERFUL!

But it's the "APPLENESS" that is driving me fucking nuts. Not their products, not their dead CEO. The mentality that it produces among their "FANS". Not their "end users" - many apple end users - such as myself for instance - are just normal people that happen to use an apple product.

But their "FANS" who go on acting like morons, thinking of a dead CEO as some sort of martyr. I saw facebook updates where people said they were CRYING. What the fuck? And go to any Apple store, and you saw huge crowds of these idiots setting up a VIGIL for some billionaire who didn't give two fucks about them or anyone else, but made good products.

I have seen these being called "Altars to Consumerism" and that is pretty spot on. But I think it goes beyond that. Because these people are not just mourning the loss of someone who convinced them to buy overpriced phones over and over for the past 5 years, signing long term expensive phone contracts in perpetuity, they are literally the worst example of consumerism you can possibly come up with.

And when someone tries to bring them back down to reality, they get all upset that we are "haters" and that we just "hate" apple and don't understand anything.

The whole thing is just a big mindfuck for me...
+ Million....

You have hit it bang on. I couldn't have said it better myself. I used to think it was Apple that I hate but I've realized over the years, it's not the product and it's not the company, it's the ignorant people who follow and suck on Apple's dick.

I went into the Samsung Galaxy SII thread earlier today and people were talking about the SGS2 and the iPhone 4S. No one was BASHING on the phone, no one was shittying on it. For the most part, people were giving objective opinions weighing out the pros and cons for both devices. I rarely see that with these Apple fan boys. Apple Way or the Highway right?

There is nothing wrong being infatuated with a brand or showing support for it. But these die-hards are ready to go to WAR for Apple. It's a PRODUCT....Remember your role...You are a CONSUMER. Ignorance is a bliss and that is a mentality that surrounds Apple and their massive fan club. It's rather annoying but there's no escaping it.

HOWEVER, this thread is devoted for tribute to Steve Jobs. Someone decided it was appropriate to give a venue for people to pay tribute to him. That is perfectly fine. Whether you like Apple or dislike it, whether you're a fan boy or a hater; it doesn't really matter...It's a damn shame when cancer takes the life a person. Jobs has achieved a great deal in his life. Does it really affect me, don't really think so...but he was a human being with a family and his life was taken away by cancer. For that we can show some respect.

This thread has gone far off from that issue of respect and I think those who do not feel the same way should simply post in an iPhone thread as there are plenty of those on here rather than in here.

Last edited by parm104; 10-08-2011 at 01:56 AM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #294

Actually, I kind of hate on apple.
I don't like their business policies. It is not for the good of the consumer, they have this kind of short sightedness by locking everything down.
They try to control stuff even after it's in your hands. They don't use their influence for good. Ever.
Remember how they handled the first jail breakers? And the guys who distributed the jailbreaking software? Apple was not kind to them.

Google however is quite the opposite.
Sure it's not entirely selfless, but they make it a point to choose the profitable path that pushes both innovation and fair treatment of the consumer.
Google isn't perfect, but if there was a company I would go to war for, it would be them.

Now to me, that is looking at it fairly objectively and not with the blind religious devotion I find from the apple fan boys. I have many apple friends, but none of them are the zealots you guys refer to. But they are also in the late 20s. My brother and cousins of the younger generation, they are the ones in my life that I see are brainwashed.

I find the Steve Jobs tributes @ the apple stores to be kind of ludicrous.
Like seriously, what has the guy done in your life that is worth that kind of respect?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #295

Jobs achieved a great deal. Inspired many. Changed the world. Pushed his company. Kicked his employees ass to get things done. Designed new technology. Made lots of money.

Then died of cancer. Respect is given for a dead person and what he has achieved for this century.

Ask yourself, if you were inspired and saw strucken by what Jobs has done, what will you do to fufill your inspirations. Many of you, nothing. You will pay your respects online saying RIP, and go back to your normal lives. Since you respect this man, I think you should go to his funeral to pay your respects from your heart.

I'm just pointing out life will go on for you. Don't need to tell the world you think this man changed the world. We all know.

/endofthread
Posted via RS Mobile
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:45 AM   #296
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #297

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
at all arguments in here, tl;dr

Everyone bashing on Steve, look at your own life, it's not as if he was fucking Hitler or Stalin
Posted via RS Mobile
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:30 AM   #298

This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2011, 06:05 AM   #299
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

holy shit went to this thread thought I could see some photos all I see is everyone bitching.
sevewone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #300
Banned (ABWS)

I personally prefer Apple juice.
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: