REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #3576
How I Mod your mother

Well another thing is I don't gym as much as I used to.
Now I've got school, gf, homework on top of working fulltime so I go maybe 3 days a week now? I wouldn't be taking it everyday, I would be taking it on gym days only, but would that even benefit me at all? Or would I just gain mass slower as opposed to taking it everyday?
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #3577
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Tried SuperPump 250 today. I don't know if it's due to the timing, or not enough food this morning, but I felt like crap doing my workout today. I had to do my single leg deadlifts first, and after that I was almost done. Still got through it, but man it was a struggle. Definitely not what I had expected.

I'll give it a few more tries of course.
Posted via RS Mobile
i can't sleep after taking super pump 250
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #3578
I subscribe to Revscene

depends what time you take it at.. if your like me and go to gym during after noon early morning.. you wont have any issues
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #3579
How I Mod your mother

I take 1MR around 6-630 whenever I go to the gym and usually in bed by 11, no issues
Maybe you're super sensitive to stims?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 11-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #3580
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Even if i take it in the morning can't sleep same with hemo rush... but with everything else i can sleep fine lol
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #3581
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I've been off pwo for awhile now, a energy drink here and there but having bcaas helpd heal

I'll probly go back to pwo in dec 2 months off is a long time haha considering I'm kind of a junkie for pwo

But yeah empty stomach or after granola bar or banna work best imo
Posted via RS Mobile
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #3582
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Those of you who use Fatgripz, can you describe how it's working out for you? Better/worse?
i can press more with fatgripz than with regular barbell/dumbell. less straining on your wrist.

i've been doing other gripwork as well, but all of that and fatgripz has helped my gi grip. nobody can break my grip in judo anymore.

that and my farmers walk with regular dumbells has gone from 70s to 120s. my gym doesn't have any higher dumbells so i don't know how much higher i can go. i just go for distance now.

Last edited by StealthFighter; 11-19-2010 at 11:06 AM.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #3583
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Preworkout works best on an empty stomach for sure.
Anyone here taking gainer? I'm thinking of taking some again
Due to my boss not liking me "eating too much" at work, therefore
I'm not getting the calories I need to gain, and its already hard for me
To gain in the first place. I worry most about gaining too much of a gut. Thoughts? Opinions?

I know gainer is loaded with sugar but maybe you guys know of some that have lower amounts?Posted via RS Mobile
make your own gainer. don't take that diabetes in a bottle.

homo milk, peanut butter, bananas, protein powder, coconut oil, rolled oats.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #3584
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Well another thing is I don't gym as much as I used to.
Now I've got school, gf, homework on top of working fulltime so I go maybe 3 days a week now? I wouldn't be taking it everyday, I would be taking it on gym days only, but would that even benefit me at all? Or would I just gain mass slower as opposed to taking it everyday?
Posted via RS Mobile
Afaik, in order to gain weight, you need to have a calorie surplus
everyday. If you only take weight gainer on days you workout, you would most likely have a calories deficit unless you consciously make up for it by eating more.
Posted via RS Mobile
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #3585
How I Mod your mother

That's the problem, 5 days out of the week I can't eat as much as I want due to work. As far as making my own gainer I'm allergic to peanut butter + oats so I'm SOL there.

I'm well aware of needing a calorie surplus which is why I wanted to take it on workout days only but to also avoid gaining gut... Sigh I guess gainer is not a good idea
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by !Yaminashi; 11-19-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #3586
I subscribe to Revscene

great back workout today.. 300 x 5 deadlifts
Old 11-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #3587
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
That's the problem, 5 days out of the week I can't eat as much as I want due to work. As far as making my own gainer I'm allergic to peanut butter + oats so I'm SOL there.

I'm well aware of needing a calorie surplus which is why I wanted to take it on workout days only but to also avoid gaining gut... Sigh I guess gainer is not a good idea
Posted via RS Mobile
OT, but what kind of job is it such that your boss can say "Don't eat so much"?
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #3588
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
great back workout today.. 300 x 5 deadlifts
nice that is sweet, i did back today well just lats lol, gonna do mid back tomorrow kinda weird but always down to try new shit
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #3589
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
OT, but what kind of job is it such that your boss can say "Don't eat so much"?
I have a drafting job so I guess you could say its a desk job. I had a discussion with him about it when he told me that he feels I only work a 5-6 hour day cause I'm "eating too much." This is definitely not the case. Besides my half hour lunch break, I spend about 20-25 mins MAX eating. I also eat at my desk while working but apparently this is "half assing" it

He also sees it as if I'm eating, its a break.
His comment really pissed me off but I'd rather have my job than weigh more than I do now, which is why gainer would be my last resort. Given what was said above I really can't afford to be on 4 "breaks" throughout the day
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #3590
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I tried superpump 250 last week and it was awesome, it really helped me get rid of any hesitation before diving into a heavy lift.
Posted via RS Mobile
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #3591
I subscribe to Revscene

Yam just take the weight gainer since it seems like your boss is a douche...
Old 11-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #3592
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
solid deadlifts brah. tonite is my deadlift night, but i dont know if i've got the jam for it.

working 55 hours a week plus soccer and 4 days a week of gym, with 2-3 hours less sleep per night than id like is kicking my ass so hard.

i think ive only got another week or 2 of work tho. so unless i have a quick transition from landscaping to snow, im putting $50 my body completely crashes the first day im not working anymore and i get sick as hell. im positive im only holding together because i have to right now. hah fuuuu
Old 11-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #3593
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
Quote:
I have a drafting job so I guess you could say its a desk job. I had a discussion with him about it when he told me that he feels I only work a 5-6 hour day cause I'm "eating too much." This is definitely not the case. Besides my half hour lunch break, I spend about 20-25 mins MAX eating. I also eat at my desk while working but apparently this is "half assing" it

He also sees it as if I'm eating, its a break.
His comment really pissed me off but I'd rather have my job than weigh more than I do now, which is why gainer would be my last resort. Given what was said above I really can't afford to be on 4 "breaks" throughout the day
Posted via RS Mobile
If your fucking idiot of a boss is OK with a high calorie shake, then do that. But not a 'gainer' as that is just a huge tub of sugar.

Take something like Muscle Milk, which is high in protein and fat, and add whole milk, a couple eggs, and some coconut milk. If you are allergic to peanut butter, you can use other nut butters. Walnut, almond, etc. Use a Blender Bottle to mix it, as it's going to be thick.

If you're going to be eating a lot of calories, at least make sure it's coming from good sources. Stuffing yourself with corn starch all day isn't going to do you much good.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #3594
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
where do you work? they cant control what you eat, thats illegal. Unless it is working into your work time, than thats paid company time so ya…
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #3595
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

^ hes talking about snack at his desk i assume
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #3596
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
when i was bulking, every time my boss saw me i was eating haha, he was chill with it tho
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #3597
How I Mod your mother

As far as I know my boss doesn't mind snacks, its when I actually have a dish in front of me is when he considers me either "half assing it" or on a "break" even if I'm doing work while eating.

I shouldve mentioned before that nuts are a write off completely lol. But I guess I won't resort to gainer, I know its crap but that was the easiest/quickest way I could think of to ingest more calories.

I do manage to get 3 meals in at work though, but I have to eat 2 of them REALLY fast
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #3598
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
Just do it without nuts then. Eat lots of cheese too.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #3599
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Is this true or was this guy and idiot.

A guy at the gym was saying that his person trainer told him that decline bench press only worked like 25% of the smaller muscle in your pectoral region, so that it was a pretty pointless exercise and that bench press was a better alternative in terms of hitting your whole pec region. I thought this was wrong, or at least not what professional body builders say as I remember seeing that video someone posted not so long ago about how the decline bench was the best bench exercise.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #3600
I subscribe to Revscene

weighted chest dips are better then decline
Posted via RS Mobile