REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #5226
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,166 Times in 2,402 Posts
Sounds good.

Let me know. :-P
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #5227
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Random question ...

today was the first day I actually pushed myself on deadlifts. I was lifting heavy and doing a burn set after every heavy set. Did a warm up set, then went to my max, burn set, 10lbs less than max, burn set, 20 lbs less than max, burn set, done. Near the end my back lower back was absolutely on fire to the point where i was in agony when I walked.

Was my last exercise so after that I left and got in the car and turned on heated seats, drove 30 mins to home and by the end of it, it felt fine. Is this normal when you push your lower back hard? Feels fine now.

Btw, my hands/forearms are weak as hell. I could barely hold onto 250 for my deadlift (mixed grip or not). Is it worth my time to try working out my forearms seperately? My grip usually gives out before my back.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #5228
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
yeah i would train forearms sep, do some farmers walks or even just hold 100+ dunbells for a bit, make sure to squeeze onto the handles also
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #5229
RS Operative (G)

shoulders tonight.
warm up just will raises with light weight
dunbell press, 75x12 85x10 95x8 100x6
standing push press, was pretty tired after dunbells, 45x14, 45 5x 12, 45 10x 10 45 25 x 8
reverse peck deck with sitting reverse flys, this was killer i did it as a super set, finished with 10 for 10 face pulls being 10 sets and same weight for the finish, then some shrugs barbell just went up to 4 plates and yeah
Old 02-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #5230
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,807 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
another question... when buying vit d, what difference does it make for the IU? http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vitd.html

been reading that article...which should i order? :/
Living in Van you should be taking 5000 iu at least during the dark months (so all year except July > September)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #5231
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
shoulders tonight.
warm up just will raises with light weight
dunbell press, 75x12 85x10 95x8 100x6
standing push press, was pretty tired after dunbells, 45x14, 45 5x 12, 45 10x 10 45 25 x 8
reverse peck deck with sitting reverse flys, this was killer i did it as a super set, finished with 10 for 10 face pulls being 10 sets and same weight for the finish, then some shrugs barbell just went up to 4 plates and yeah
Halo, when your doing all those sets before your 100x6 are you going to near failure? Or is there still gas left in the tank when the set is complete
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #5232
RS Operative (G)

yeah i guess you could say that, my spotter puts his hands on my wrist for last 2 reps but like barley helps, my form is still great and i can maybe get another one out
Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #5233
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thats boss. 100 on shoulder press. Dammmm
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #5234
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Question: my preworkout has no creatine in it but my post workout has : Creabolic Complex 3000mg **
Creatine Monohydrate **
Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE) **
Magnesium Creatine Chelate™ (MCC) **
Tri-Methyl Glycine (TMG) **

Should I buy creatine monohydrate to add to my preworkout? Or is it fine if I just use it for post. Thanks
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #5235
Banned (ABWS)

for those who takes creatine..
do you guys take them everyday even on off days??
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #5236
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,166 Times in 2,402 Posts
Post is fine. Creatine can be taken daily even rest days, just remember to stay hydrated.
Posted via RS Mobile
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #5237
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobman View Post
for those who takes creatine..
do you guys take them everyday even on off days??
Yes, maintenance phase is 5g a day.
jdc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #5238
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Random question ...

today was the first day I actually pushed myself on deadlifts. I was lifting heavy and doing a burn set after every heavy set. Did a warm up set, then went to my max, burn set, 10lbs less than max, burn set, 20 lbs less than max, burn set, done. Near the end my back lower back was absolutely on fire to the point where i was in agony when I walked.

Was my last exercise so after that I left and got in the car and turned on heated seats, drove 30 mins to home and by the end of it, it felt fine. Is this normal when you push your lower back hard? Feels fine now.

Btw, my hands/forearms are weak as hell. I could barely hold onto 250 for my deadlift (mixed grip or not). Is it worth my time to try working out my forearms seperately? My grip usually gives out before my back.
Not really, you might really feel it when you wake up tomorrow morning. Depends what kinda pain it was.

Yes it's worth it to work out your forearms, just spend an extra 10 mins a workout day per week on them. Think about it, if your forearms are weak, they will forever hold back your deadlift. And when you are pushing to get your max deadlift higher, if your grip gives out when you don't expect it to, you could really fuck yourself up.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #5239
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Random question ...

Please please please don't push yourself until you feel burning sensation in the back. It seems that you almost caused yourself a disc herniation. Review your form and make sure it is picture perfect before you start pushing heavier weights. The slightest instability in your form and lifting heavy can cause injury. A majority of the clients that come into the clinic I work at have low back problems because of doing deadlifts at the gym. Watch yourself and really listen to your body. Burning and not being able to walk after is not a good thing at all.

If you find your hands/forearms are weak as hell, I would suggest start using towels as handle bars for your cable exercises. You can start using a towel as well for your chin ups instead of just the metal bar. There is a huge amount of grip strength needed to pull your body up.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #5240
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Random question ...

today was the first day I actually pushed myself on deadlifts. I was lifting heavy and doing a burn set after every heavy set. Did a warm up set, then went to my max, burn set, 10lbs less than max, burn set, 20 lbs less than max, burn set, done. Near the end my back lower back was absolutely on fire to the point where i was in agony when I walked
So you do one warm-up set, then immediately jump to your maximum??...that's retarded. You should be gradually working your way up to your maximum weight.

Quote:
If you find your hands/forearms are weak as hell, I would suggest start using towels as handle bars for your cable exercises
That reminds me...remember a few months back when a bunch of us bought those "fat grips" ? Does anybody still use them ?
I think i used them like twice .. i just felt like a noob putting these big blue grips on all my barbells/dumbells ... made me look like i was afraid of callouses of something.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #5241

^ that looks like a good idea. Fatter the handle you can achieve, the increase in difficulty it is to grip. Doing wrist curls (Flexion and extension) will not increase your grip strength effectively.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #5242
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash13 View Post
^ that looks like a good idea. Fatter the handle you can achieve, the increase in difficulty it is to grip. Doing wrist curls (Flexion and extension) will not increase your grip strength effectively.
Then how do you increase it?
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #5243

You can start by just using towels and wrap them around free weights to do your bicep curl ups. Wrap a towel around the chin up bar and do chins ups that way. Your forearms will feel the burn and sore the next day.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #5244
Need my Daily Fix of RS

anyone workout at the oval? any insight would be nice
as well, ive never really worked out before, what machines do you use and in what routine, reps, set? im looking to work on legs, arms and core some cardio wouldnt be bad as well =) thanksss

any one know if they check id when signing up for membership? me and my sister's bf is looking to sign up under the family discount but we dont live under the same roof... and the website says we have to have the same household address
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #5245
I bringith the lowerballerith

Here's just a sample routine:

Week 1:

Monday: Legs
Quads: Barbell Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions
Calves: Seated Calf Raises, Calf Raise on Leg Press, Dumbbell Calf Raise

Wednesday: Arms
Biceps: Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls, Incline Curls
Triceps: Dips, SkullCrushers, Close-Grip BenchPress

Friday: Legs

Week 2:

Monday: Arms

Wednesday: Legs

Friday: Arms

Repeat Week 1 & 2 For a month or so then switch up the exercises and rep ranges

10-15 reps for getting more toned, 5-8 reps for mass
3 sets of each exercise
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #5246
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
^ hit legs 2 days in a week...? your routine is just arms and legs... wheres BACK & CHEST??????? ?!??!??!?? you NEED to deadlift man just follow a basic 5x5 that routine you posted up there is whack
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #5247
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^ where's chest and back?
Also, beginners would benefit more on a 3 day full body strength workout like Rippetoe.
s3an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #5248
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts

For the past couple of months I've been doing only incline bench and flat. Now I just started
doing decline again and it's already a lot stronger than my incline.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #5249
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
^decline is the best for chest development.... true story.
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #5250
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3an View Post
^ where's chest and back?
Also, beginners would benefit more on a 3 day full body strength workout like Rippetoe.
I looked into that and is this what you are talking about? i cant find a good routine on google http://www.builtfit.com/workouts/str...rting-strength
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote