REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #5326
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
I strongly disagre about not getting sore after every workout, just think the first time u workout u are fucking crazy sore cant walk, then the next couple workouts u get a bit sore then not as much, so u switch it up like u r wokring out for the first time again, boom u r sore, i workout to get sore, then again i workout with so much intensity most people get scared when i workout next to them. Soreness is key for me and that is how my body works
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
^yup i just lolz at the people who say ur only suppose to be at the gym for an hour max and people who say ur only suppose to do 4 sets of each exercise. my goal is to push my muscles to failure and then some and have them fucking burning when i get out of the gym and sit in my car.

Quote:
^^ yeah man old school body building, Dorian Yates. The guy speaks the truth
Okay so where exactly does dorian yates say to do more then 4 sets of each exercise??

Lets see his chest and bicep workout:

10 min Warm Up on Treadmill
Injury Prevention tip: Rotater Cuff Warm Up - 2 sets of 12 reps, rest elbow on surface to keep form tight

Decline Bench Press: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)
Dorian's Tips: The Decline Bench Press is the most effective pec exercise.

Incline Dumbbell Press (45 degree incline): 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)
Dorian's Tips: Lower weight slowly, explode up.

Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
5 min rest

Dumbbell Concentration Curl: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets
Dorian's Tips: Squeeze at top.

Straight Bar Curl: 1 set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight

the entire workout consists of 10 sets!

I worked out triceps yesterday. Can I tell I worked out my triceps? Only if I flex them and honestly that was during the morning. I went and did some HIIT cardio and now its 11:30 pm flex the tri no doms. To have excessive doms where you can't even walk or straighten out your arm thats just insane.

I know there is plenty of debate over this but from what I have read and what makes sense to me DOMS seems to be damage to connective tissue attached to muscle. why would you want this?

halo are you saying you workout for over an hour?
Advertisement
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #5327

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Disagree. I personally don't want to look anything like a roid monkey. I spend too much on food and put in too much effort into my workouts to have people think I cheated like some loser who took steroids.

I'd rather look like a natural muscular person vs. some inflated WWE wrestler.
don't worry you aren't going to all of a sudden start looking like an "inflated wwe wrestler" even if you wanted to
Old 03-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #5328
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
yesterdays back workout was hour and half, chest was almost 2 hours on monday, so yeah i do
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #5329

Quote:
yesterdays back workout was hour and half, chest was almost 2 hours on monday, so yeah i do
how many exercises and how many sets per exercise
Old 03-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #5330
RS Operative (G)

hmmmmmmm,
warm up was lat pull but like really light
5 sets of dead
5 sets of rows
4 sets of v hook cable pull down
4sets of pull ups
then i super set close grip v hook seated with straight pull downs for 7 sets at the same weight
Old 03-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #5331
RS Operative (G)

Dorian Yates use to workout with lots of sets back in the day, everyones training routine changes and i hope it never ever stays the same or else u will be stuck doing the same weight for ever, we can all sit and argue who works our what way , or does the burn really matter, but i am gonna keep doing what i am doing. i think its working for me lol
Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #5332

wow dude that is a disgusting amount of sets. do not know how you recover so quick especially since you are saying natural.

I've spoken with professional bodybuilders in depth (paid advice) and none of them do that many exercises. As a matter of fact when I was doing that many sets I wasn't growing at all.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #5333
RS Operative (G)

well prof body builders are on gear so that helps with recovery, Sleep alot eat good, i can prob look at most routines and see what is screwing them over with recovery, most people drink, most people don't sleep or put the effort in at the gym. I give it 110 not 100%, I guess that is alot of sets lol i donno, i have been doing lots of sets since about 6months ago, my body was at a stand still so i switched it up, I am not going to argue with anyone, i love talking about the gym with everyone, but when people say ohhh fuck i am cutting but i can loose fucking weight to get hawt abz, but i went out with my bros and fucking drank 6 Heineken and slept for 4 hours and then took super pump and did curls all day, i have not time for those fucking faggits at the gym

When i did my cut that was the most insane thing i did in my life for 4 months, I followed everything down to the T, i was eating so fucking clean it was insane. doing cardio twice a day, blah blah blah, some of you have seen the results and kinda know why it worked so well
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #5334
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
but when people say ohhh fuck i am cutting but i can loose fucking weight to get hawt abz, but i went out with my bros and fucking drank 6 Heineken and slept for 4 hours and then took super pump and did curls all day, i have not time for those fucking faggits at the gym
so much win
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #5335
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
w6sta everyones body is different, different shit works for different people! when i first started i was just doing like 3-4 exercises max with 4 sets didn't see results i was content with. when i really started pushing it that's when i started seeing massive growth, added 315lbs to deadlift in a span of like 10 months
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #5336
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
^ dat dere celltech
Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #5337

Lol. Straight up, ws6sta, do what you want to do and let Halo do what he wants to do.

Halo clearly has evidence (Social group pics) that what he's been doing works.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #5338
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
banana and 25g of whey?
Oatmeal and whey stirred in is good too.

Quote:
well prof body builders are on gear so that helps with recovery, Sleep alot eat good, i can prob look at most routines and see what is screwing them over with recovery, most people drink, most people don't sleep or put the effort in at the gym. I give it 110 not 100%, I guess that is alot of sets lol i donno, i have been doing lots of sets since about 6months ago, my body was at a stand still so i switched it up, I am not going to argue with anyone, i love talking about the gym with everyone, but when people say ohhh fuck i am cutting but i can loose fucking weight to get hawt abz, but i went out with my bros and fucking drank 6 Heineken and slept for 4 hours and then took super pump and did curls all day, i have not time for those fucking faggits at the gym

When i did my cut that was the most insane thing i did in my life for 4 months, I followed everything down to the T, i was eating so fucking clean it was insane. doing cardio twice a day, blah blah blah, some of you have seen the results and kinda know why it worked so well
I don't agree that DOMS is required for muscle growth. Most likely the 'change' and not the extra sets made you get pass your plateau. Not many people can grow doing two hour workouts especially if they aren't dedicated in their diet like you. Don't see too many humongous labourers. And I hear you regarding 'excuses from wanna be bodybuilders'.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #5339
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
what's your guys' breakfasts?

Mine right now is protein shake + 1 pouch of quick oatmeal + 1/2 cup of eggs (3 real eggs, rest is liquid egg albumen) + a piece of toast.

I'm getting sick of it. What's quick and good?
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #5340

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Lol. Straight up, ws6sta, do what you want to do and let Halo do what he wants to do.

Which is fine but the fact remains to have results like halo you either 1) are superhuman or 2) use aas

I respect his opinion I even PM him for advice so no offense to halo but everyone claims natural!!!!! Even with aas it is hard as fuck to get results like halo.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #5341
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
can some1 give me their opinion on training and working out

im training 4-6 times a week now and get a good work out from the warm up and from rolling... do i really need to work out if i train this much ????
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #5342
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Which is fine but the fact remains to have results like halo you either 1) are superhuman or 2) use aas

I respect his opinion I even PM him for advice so no offense to halo but everyone claims natural!!!!! Even with aas it is hard as fuck to get results like halo.
Posted via RS Mobile
There are way big guys then me out there that are natural also like my self
Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #5343

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
Not true. I have a friend that is 100% natural. Its all about commitment. He has the cleanest diet I know and takes zero supplements. Everyone at his gym knows this as well. When we'd go out to eat he would ask to get this or that taken out and replaced with this or that. Eventually it got annoying hearing him order, but I mean thats what he wants to do. And he's just as big if not larger than Halo.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #5344
How I Mod your mother

Quote:

And he's also not human

you hal0, no homo
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #5345

Quote:
Not true. I have a friend that is 100% natural. Its all about commitment. He has the cleanest diet I know and takes zero supplements. Everyone at his gym knows this as well. When we'd go out to eat he would ask to get this or that taken out and replaced with this or that. Eventually it got annoying hearing him order, but I mean thats what he wants to do. And he's just as big if not larger than Halo.
yeah bro ronnie coleman is all natural too

if you think you can put on 20+lbs of muscle a year without the sauce i have a bridge for sale and a cousin in nigeria worth 300 million that wants to give it all away!!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #5346

I'm not claiming Ronnie is all natural. He's an obvious and clear example that he is on everything you can think of. Even people who don't know jack all about lifting or know of him can look at him and just state he is on "something."

My friend has been lifting since he was 16. He is 28 now.

Plenty of time to add muscle. I'm unsure as to why it is so hard for you to believe that. Sure there are tons of people who claim to be "all natural" but you state as if though it is impossible.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #5347

Quote:
I'm not claiming Ronnie is all natural. He's an obvious and clear example that he is on everything you can think of. Even people who don't know jack all about lifting or know of him can look at him and just state he is on "something."

My friend has been lifting since he was 16. He is 28 now.

Plenty of time to add muscle. I'm unsure as to why it is so hard for you to believe that. Sure there are tons of people who claim to be "all natural" but you state as if though it is impossible.
I'm not saying its not possible. I'm saying those that claim 20+ lbs of muscle gain a year are 99% on something.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #5348
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
yeah bro ronnie coleman is all natural too

if you think you can put on 20+lbs of muscle a year without the sauce i have a bridge for sale and a cousin in nigeria worth 300 million that wants to give it all away!!
20lb of mussel in a year, i can do that on my tippy toes.

Everyone raise there hands who have actually FUCKING BULKED UP 100 pounds over the last 2-3 years, also have eating 6000-8000 calories a day i am going to go with none, most people start fat and cut , and blow the whole idea of lifting weights out of the door, there are so many fucking people at my gym that are weak as shit and if someone is bigger then them they auto call out roids he does roids, it sad just cause they dont have the time or dedication they have to call out other people, ws6ta i remember saying that u drank alot and ate bad, and was trying to cut, so take all that time u FUCKING wasted on trying to cut and then look at me take the time u wasted and turn that into hard ass work. Dont blame me or call me out if u can not get the desired body u want, take a look back u must be doing something, wrong, Also news flash there is natural body building comps out there also and thousands of people take part
Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #5349

Quote:
20lb of mussel in a year, i can do that on my tippy toes.

Everyone raise there hands who have actually FUCKING BULKED UP 100 pounds over the last 2-3 years, also have eating 6000-8000 calories a day i am going to go with none, most people start fat and cut , and blow the whole idea of lifting weights out of the door, there are so many fucking people at my gym that are weak as shit and if someone is bigger then them they auto call out roids he does roids, it sad just cause they dont have the time or dedication they have to call out other people, ws6ta i remember saying that u drank alot and ate bad, and was trying to cut, so take all that time u FUCKING wasted on trying to cut and then look at me take the time u wasted and turn that into hard ass work. Dont blame me or call me out if u can not get the desired body u want, take a look back u must be doing something, wrong, Also news flash there is natural body building comps out there also and thousands of people take part
Yeah I ate bad and drank but I'm not talking about myself. I probably didn't even put on 10lbs of muscle in the year. I don't have the dedication to the gym like you do. I need my carbs to make my brain function so I don't have a cloudy head all day, I need to have a clear head to make money and enjoy certain things that I do, I need to have fun in order to keep myself motivated to work, I smoke weed and have at least one day a week where I eat like an animal. I go to the gym so I don't look like a teletubby not to look like a bodybuilder. At the same time I know people (close friends, etc.) that hit the sauce real hard and gain 25lbs MAX. So to say naturally you will be gaining 20lbs a year like I said insane genetics or aas. take your pick
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #5350
RS Operative (G)

your friends must be doing something wrong then, prob not doing a pct