REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #23026
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
proven study or not, ill take free run grass fed beef and eggs over genetic or homonally modified any chance i can. if the link to cancer and/or other health issues haven't been made yet, they will.
Everything causes cancer nowadays
Advertisement
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #23027
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
proven study or not, ill take free run grass fed beef and eggs over genetic or homonally modified any chance i can. if the link to cancer and/or other health issues haven't been made yet, they will.
Do you actually buy that stuff though, or do you go to Costco and buy the "disgusting chemically treated beef" they call beef?

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 12-18-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Added quotations to emphasise the facetiousness of the remark of costco's chemically treated beef
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #23028
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Where to buy cheap natural beef? I buy from Cioffi's, but they're expensive.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #23029
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
leg raises with a swiss ball, and knee tucks, and theyre great because they target the abs but also involve your limbs (arms, legs) as well in unison, so theyre more full body as compared to a situp.
Made these in to a routine super-setting with flutter kicks and leg raise / push up planks. Combined with weighted decline situps my abs are getting crushed like never before. By summer...
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #23030
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
im alive

aannnd.. calories in vs calories out and hitting macros, all that matters. You can cut on just eating mcdonalds if ur tracking calories .. I personally like eating quality foods because it is easier to hit macros with rather than mcdonalds.. ( too much fat in some, too much carb, u get the picture)
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #23031
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I don't get why you guys mix creatine. I just eat the stuff with a scooper. When you mix it, some of the stuff gets stuck to the cup and wasted. If you put it directly into your mouth, then you get all of it.
Muscle cocaine!
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #23032
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
im alive

aannnd.. calories in vs calories out and hitting macros, all that matters. You can cut on just eating mcdonalds if ur tracking calories .. I personally like eating quality foods because it is easier to hit macros with rather than mcdonalds.. ( too much fat in some, too much carb, u get the picture)
The only reason I would cut on mcd's is so that I can shit it back out as diarrhea and lose water weight.

noticing any dramatic gains so far? if I was on bike I'd just up my calories like a mofo regardless and eat clean

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #23033
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
^ im not using bike to bulk
running a 1k deficit till i hit tren
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #23034
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
im alive

quoted for truth

in an average week ill have eaten mcds, fried chicken, pizza, ice cream, mini donuts, chips and am still sitting around 10-11% bf :P
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #23035
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Made these in to a routine super-setting with flutter kicks and leg raise / push up planks. Combined with weighted decline situps my abs are getting crushed like never before. By summer...
pics of abs nao or gtfo

no homo

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #23036
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
cutting on mc dicks lol.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #23037
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Do you actually buy that stuff though, or do you go to Costco and buy the disgusting chemically treated beef they call beef?
i havent bought meat from costco in 4 years. it actually looks artificially plump and has a twangy taste.

I buy eggs 4 dozen at a time farm fresh from someone my gf works with. And my steak and chicken come from grassland producers in Alberta and BC not feedlot beef and sometimes new zealand grass fed beef but I dont like it as much.

I also usually eat steak 4 days a week.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #23038

Quote:
i havent bought meat from costco in 4 years. it actually looks artificially plump and has a twangy taste.

I buy eggs 4 dozen at a time farm fresh from someone my gf works with. And my steak and chicken come from grassland producers in Alberta and BC not feedlot beef and sometimes new zealand grass fed beef but I dont like it as much.

I usually don't get jealous but I am jealous
Old 12-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #23039
RS Operative (G)

Quote:

Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #23040
Old School RS

Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,201 Posts
Quote:
Do you actually buy that stuff though, or do you go to Costco and buy the disgusting chemically treated beef they call beef?
Umm what? The chemically treated disgusting Costco organic beef vs the beef at McDonalds that you champion?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #23041

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Umm what? The chemically treated disgusting Costco organic beef vs the beef at McDonalds that you champion?
I don't "champion" anything. Can you not read? Let me make it clear again.

All I ever argued against was the idea that eating at macdonalds automatically means you will "damage" your heart.

That's it. I am not saying it is better or worse than any other food. I am not saying it's "healthy" or "unhealthy". Just that.

Oh and

the label says organic so it must be good
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #23042
Old School RS

Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,201 Posts
Quote:
I don't "champion" anything. Can you not read?

the label says organic so it must be good
Actually, I read very well. In fact, I actually agreed with a bunch of your points above. But Costco sells some of the best meat that you can buy without going to a specialty butcher, it simply CANNOT be worse than the meat that a standard big mac patty is made out of at McDonalds. I just thought it was funny that you think Costco's premium organic beef (over their regular beef) is DISGUSTING while the McDonalds patty isn't... I wouldn't have even posted if you said they were the same quality (which I think is not even close to accurate), but to basically imply you wouldn't eat a Costco organic steak but then fail people all over who don't like McDonalds is just absurd.

Fail away.

Mark

EDIT - you edited your post, so I will edit mine. I didn't say a damn thing about McDonalds damaging your heart. I just said if you are going to talk about "quality" of meat, it seems a long shot to call Costco out but then support McDonalds.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #23043
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Lol
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #23044

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Actually, I read very well. In fact, I actually agreed with a bunch of your points above. But Costco sells some of the best meat that you can buy without going to a specialty butcher, it simply CANNOT be worse than the meat that a standard big mac patty is made out of at McDonalds. I just thought it was funny that you think Costco's premium organic beef (over their regular beef) is DISGUSTING while the McDonalds patty isn't... I wouldn't have even posted if you said they were the same quality (which I think is not even close to accurate), but to basically imply you wouldn't eat a Costco organic steak but then fail people all over who don't like McDonalds is just absurd.

Fail away.

Mark
Oh I missed the part where I specifically said "Costco's premium organic beef"

Can you quote my post where I said that?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #23045

Quote:
Oh I missed the part where I specifically said "Costco's premium organic beef"

Can you quote my post where I said that?
Quote:
EDIT - you edited your post, so I will edit mine. I didn't say a damn thing about McDonalds damaging your heart. I just said if you are going to talk about "quality" of meat, it seems a long shot to call Costco out but then support McDonalds.
I didn't say you said anything. The first guy a few pages back said that, and that's what I responded to. Then I responded to the responses....

I don't "support" mcdonalds and I don't "call out" costco. I was just wondering if rrstar was one of the people who goes on about how great grass fed beef is and all that, yet never eats it. Turns out he is one of the few who actually does eat it all the time

I suppose I should have put quotation marks around the facetious term "disgusting" because I was only referring to what I think people think makes mcdonalds beef bad (the nitrogen processing) which costco uses too.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #23046
RS Operative (G)

Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #23047
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:

oh poor you...

Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #23048
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
can we stop talking about mcdonalds? It's stupid to think that you want to take care of your body so well and then leave half of it on the table by eating like shit.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, the only reason you want to eat mcdonalds while bulking is because you like eating it. Not because it's gods gift to body builders.

Fucking shit, I'd take home made greek cooking and milk over mcdonalds any day.

I hate how this topic comes up every few weeks because its so fucking stupid.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #23049

Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #23050
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
so you are telling me right now that people think its gods gift to bulking, and that people don't chose to eat it over home cooked food because it tastes good and people are lazy to cook?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: