REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #8626
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Speaking from my bodytype I can relate to hard gainers and know the struggle. I don't know the flipside of the coin and the struggles with weight loss some people have.

Berz out.
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #8627
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I don't know the flipside of the coin and the struggles with weight loss some people have.

Berz out.
it's not nice but i always tell myself, im lucky i have the fat there already so i can kinda turn that into muscle or w/e, i feel like it'd be harder to be skinny and GAIN the muscle weight then to be the opposite. So i feel for you Berz

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #8628
Ricer Mod

Squatted 3 plates per side for 3 reps for the first time in my life today. Pretty fucking stoked. I'm now in the 3 plate for Deads and Squats.... now to just get the bench there. Maybe by Jan 1st.... that would be pretty sick. Although I don't know if I can add 60lbs to my bench in 3 months....

Berz out.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #8629
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Squatted 3 plates per side for 3 reps for the first time in my life today. Pretty fucking stoked. I'm now in the 3 plate for Deads and Squats.... now to just get the bench there. Maybe by Jan 1st.... that would be pretty sick. Although I don't know if I can add 60lbs to my bench in 3 months....

Berz out.
the feel u get the first time u bench 3 plates was probably one of the best highs i've gotten in the gym.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #8630
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
the feel u get the first time u bench 3 plates was probably one of the best highs i've gotten in the gym.
4 is even better lol
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #8631
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

man how long did it take you guys to get your bench that high?
my squats deadlifts rows and overhead presses are always going up consistently, but my bench seems to be lacking
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #8632
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:

Berz out.
Are you going A2G? I used to progress at parallel, but after reading some articles I decided to 'start over' and work my way up going absolutely all the way down. I had to lighten the load significantly, but IMO it's more important to get a better rep in than the numbers you put on the bar.

Then again if you're on gear it doesn't matter
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #8633
Ricer Mod

I go parallel. My knees don't like much more than that. I already wear knee support when squatting so I don't want to go to crazy and risk hurting myself. On my warm up sets I go down all the way and I can feel it in my knees so that's my basis for comparison.

Berz out.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #8634
My homepage has been set to RS

I look like a third world child if i didn't workout

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #8635
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
I look like a third world child if i didn't workout
I'd look more like an american
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #8636
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
No racist....

but are all brown dudes ignorant fucking morons, or just the ones in my gym?

was doing skull crushers today, had bar on the end of the bench and was putting more plates on it and some brown dude standing behind the bench talking, sits down on the back of the bench facing away from me, facing his buddies and talking, as im standing up and turning around to sit down to do my set. and then he was quite reluctant to move when i asked him.

and its like they have become used to overcrowding in wherever they are from / surrey / rutland, and dont have a sense of personal space. they will stand in groups wherever in the gym, touching eachother, and touching you, like it aint no thing. more than a few times ive actually had them standing so close to my that my weight/arm/whatever bumps into them while doing an exercise, and they dont think twice. one of them are going to get a 100lb dumbell on the toe if im in a bad mood.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #8637

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
inb4 dhillon09 and strykn
Old 09-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #8638
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
sums it up pretty much, fucking 90% are retards trying to look hard and eating dbols like candy with cheeseburger diets thinking there nuts in their groups taking 4 minute breaks between sets who never even dream of training legs.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #8639
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
they are all like 135lbs and do curls at my gym.

well, theres one or 2 dudes who are good shits. but like 30 i just want to fucking strangle
Old 09-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #8640

I would also like to voice my displeasure. I get very pissed off when im at the gym usually. To the faggot guys who wear short shorts to yuppies talking away on their phones to the uncourteous fuck who spends 2 minutes sipping water from the fountain.

Maybe its just the testosterone in me when i workout, but most people look like pricks to me when im in the zone (chief)

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #8641
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
No racist....

but are all brown dudes ignorant fucking morons, or just the ones in my gym?

was doing skull crushers today, had bar on the end of the bench and was putting more plates on it and some brown dude standing behind the bench talking, sits down on the back of the bench facing away from me, facing his buddies and talking, as im standing up and turning around to sit down to do my set. and then he was quite reluctant to move when i asked him.

and its like they have become used to overcrowding in wherever they are from / surrey / rutland, and dont have a sense of personal space. they will stand in groups wherever in the gym, touching eachother, and touching you, like it aint no thing. more than a few times ive actually had them standing so close to my that my weight/arm/whatever bumps into them while doing an exercise, and they dont think twice. one of them are going to get a 100lb dumbell on the toe if im in a bad mood.

They're tards. Me and strykn are probably the only brown guys I know of that train legs, do deadlifts, and when we workout we go alone or with 1 other guy max (me and strykn don't workout together although we should ... but I don't think one gym could contain us both)

Oh btw, every brown guy that I've met whose asked me where I workout/what my gym numbers are asks "how much do you curl?"

Anyways, to answer your question, just the ones at your gym. Dippers have a horrible mentality where they love to congregate together and look tough. Assuming that you live in the valley and you go to the gym with a bunch of farmers, I'd say I'm pretty spot on lol.

Next time say "Panchod Passe Ho" (Phonetically (Pan-Chode Passay Ho)) "Move to the side, sisterfucker!"
They'll get all butthurt and tell you about their cousin guys.

Last edited by BrRsn; 09-17-2011 at 08:14 PM.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #8642
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

I wonder if that works in a club. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
They're tards. Me and strykn are probably the only brown guys I know of that train legs, do deadlifts, and when we workout we go alone or with 1 other guy max (me and strykn don't workout together although we should ... but I don't think one gym could contain us both)

Oh btw, every brown guy that I've met whose asked me where I workout/what my gym numbers are asks "how much do you curl?"

Anyways, to answer your question, just the ones at your gym. Dippers have a horrible mentality where they love to congregate together and look tough. Assuming that you live in the valley and you go to the gym with a bunch of farmers, I'd say I'm pretty spot on lol.

Next time say "Panchod Passe Ho" (Phonetically (Pan-Chode Passay Ho)) "Move to the side, sisterfucker!"
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #8643
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
I wonder if that works in a club. LOL

Posted via RS Mobile
prob get knifed
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #8644
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
Still so sore, I'm walking aorund like a cripple

good thing I found some cough medicine left over from my brutal cold a few months ago.. opium FTWWWWWWW
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #8645
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post

hey dhillon i do legs and deads bro
not all brown guys are the same but most of them do walk around like they are the shit but that can be said about other races as well
keepz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #8646
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
First set of squats in over 6 months due to a shoulder issue (Yes shoulder issue effected my squat lol). Wow.

I went fairly light at 225 x 8 for 2 sets, but they made me work lol. Feeeeellls goooood

Superset with some straight arm pushups (Shoulder injury recovery exercise), followed up with calf raise in the leg press, stiff legged deads, lat pull downs and I finished up with the weekly challenge.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #8647
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Recall someone posting a motivational video with Ice Cube - Go To Church playing in the background. If you know what I'm talking about, please post it.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #8648
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
My god, this guy is going to blow his spine

RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #8649
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
wow what a goof
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #8650
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBroScientist View Post
My god, this guy is going to blow his spine

Frank Yang
Probably the main reason why I left Richmond Oval; to avoid clowns like this.

What a mistake that was.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote