REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #18576
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Same here, I don't feel sorry for anyone because I used to be that fat lazy fuck. But I still look at peoples' shopping carts when I go to the supermarket. If you think the junk food is bad in Canada, it's nothing compared to Asia. Because at least the Canadian junk food will do things like try to have no trans-fats and shit like that. The junk food here is the worst of the worst. Instant noodles seems to be what most people get here, followed by horrible chinese potato chips (calbee) and other nasty things.
Calbee is the best shit EVER i still eat it from time to time.

ps. QOO is a good ass drink too.
Advertisement

BlAh~

Last edited by LC21; 06-23-2012 at 11:58 PM.
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #18577
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Werd, the potato fries are the best...

Wow it seems like the government really does need to reinforce some stricter nutrition guidelines...
Does the government even try to at least promote exercise/healthier lifestyle? Or is it that bad that there really isnt a point in trying anymore?

I still remember my last trip to hk and i was trying to bulk there, thot itd be alot easier since theres always an abundance of food. The humid/sticky weather totally ruined my appetite throughout the whole trip...

How much are gym memberships over there?
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #18578
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
They do promote guidelines, but if course they are completely wrong. In some ways, worse than the food pyramid. They only specifically promote "low fat/low salt" with no mention of good fat vs. bad fat, or sugar. Restaurants are allowed to put up government signs when they offer "healthy" dishes on their menus. Dishes like noodles in soup, or steamed vegetables with oyster sauce. Tiny portions of course, since the fat and salt needs to be low. The standards are completely fucked.

It's easy to eat a lot here, but not a lot of protein. When we eat out, I have to order 2 meals for myself.

Gym memberships range just like anywhere. There are the big chains like Physical and California which cater to extremely low cost, but super high membership so it's crowded as fuck. These gyms typically have dumbbells that go up to 70 lbs at most, and have no squat racks. At most, you can hope for a smith machine. About 90% of their square footage goes to cardio machines, and the 'trainers' hassle everyone at every turn to offer training services for a fee.

Then there are the high end gyms like Pure Fitness and Seasons, which cater to rich business workers who want to sweat their balls off during breaks and pick up people. The equipment at these places are always top notch quality, shiny and clean, but mostly useless machines. At least they have heavy DBs and a squat rack though. They have the trainer issue too of course.

The one I go to is in between. Not a chain, just a single gym. Has lots of benches, DBs up to 120 lbs, a squat rack, deadlift pad, and a cable machine. Basically everything I need, even if there is plenty I don't. The equipment isn't the newest shiniest stuff, but it's all functional and cleaned regularly by the staff. Their trainers are part of the monthly fee, but the only thing I ever need of them is a spot sometimes. Not cheap though, and if you don't have a local credit card, you have to pay upfront which fucking sucks. Actually I can't really recall what I paid, about $40-60 a month or somewhere around that I think.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #18579
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Just spent the evening at the WBFF BC Championships. Strong /10s. Good friend who's a PT brought out a bunch of her clients, they all did well. I was hhnnnnnnnggggggg'ing all night, even to some of the guys (no homo).

Check the following FB page for some pics if you're interested. Pro photos won't be up for about a week.

https://www.facebook.com/WBFFSHOWS

JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #18580
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
my cousin competed in that today.

Didn't know he was into this haha.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #18581

Not sure if fitness contest or skinny contest
Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #18582
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
eh, fitness models are different.

one of our bartenders was a fitness model. She had the most amazing body i've ever seen in my life.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #18583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post

one of our bartenders was a fitness model. She had the most amazing body i've ever seen in my life.
I guess so. The girl he posted looks slightly more fit than a regular model, but with ridiculously oversized bolt ons...

Crossfit girls ftw then
Old 06-24-2012, 04:36 AM   #18584
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Hehe a abz contest
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #18585
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post

bartender for where? pics pls hnnggggg
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #18586

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
Calbee is the best shit EVER i still eat it from time to time.

ps. QOO is a good ass drink too.

just went to superstore, brb heading down to TNT
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #18587

Gotta love bringing up one of the worst foods you can put into your body, and people start running out to buy it... in a bodybuilding thread.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #18588
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Just spent the evening at the WBFF BC Championships. Strong /10s. Good friend who's a PT brought out a bunch of her clients, they all did well. I was hhnnnnnnnggggggg'ing all night, even to some of the guys (no homo).

Check the following FB page for some pics if you're interested. Pro photos won't be up for about a week.

https://www.facebook.com/WBFFSHOWS
Yeah wish I coulda gone to this one... Fitness Models like the ones in men's physique tend to be alot slimmer and carry alot less bulk...

Their styles of training are very different in that they add alot more cardio in to their workouts, and as you can tell, core work..

The Bodybuilding BC provincials is next saturday though, i really wanna go to that one as well lol

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #18589
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
They do promote guidelines, but if course they are completely wrong. In some ways, worse than the food pyramid. They only specifically promote "low fat/low salt" with no mention of good fat vs. bad fat, or sugar. Restaurants are allowed to put up government signs when they offer "healthy" dishes on their menus. Dishes like noodles in soup, or steamed vegetables with oyster sauce. Tiny portions of course, since the fat and salt needs to be low. The standards are completely fucked.

It's easy to eat a lot here, but not a lot of protein. When we eat out, I have to order 2 meals for myself.

Gym memberships range just like anywhere. There are the big chains like Physical and California which cater to extremely low cost, but super high membership so it's crowded as fuck. These gyms typically have dumbbells that go up to 70 lbs at most, and have no squat racks. At most, you can hope for a smith machine. About 90% of their square footage goes to cardio machines, and the 'trainers' hassle everyone at every turn to offer training services for a fee.

Then there are the high end gyms like Pure Fitness and Seasons, which cater to rich business workers who want to sweat their balls off during breaks and pick up people. The equipment at these places are always top notch quality, shiny and clean, but mostly useless machines. At least they have heavy DBs and a squat rack though. They have the trainer issue too of course.

The one I go to is in between. Not a chain, just a single gym. Has lots of benches, DBs up to 120 lbs, a squat rack, deadlift pad, and a cable machine. Basically everything I need, even if there is plenty I don't. The equipment isn't the newest shiniest stuff, but it's all functional and cleaned regularly by the staff. Their trainers are part of the monthly fee, but the only thing I ever need of them is a spot sometimes. Not cheap though, and if you don't have a local credit card, you have to pay upfront which fucking sucks. Actually I can't really recall what I paid, about $40-60 a month or somewhere around that I think.
Hmm, interesting... Can't imagine how it would be like working out at hk... No wonder they have such a tough time bulking up there...

LOL, they actually pick up people at the gym??!

I'd literally sweat all my calories of the day just standing outside in the humid heat

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 06-24-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #18590

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
ARE U FUCKN KIDDING ME , WAKE UP OUT OF EGGS... HOW COULD THIS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #18591
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
ARE U FUCKN KIDDING ME , WAKE UP OUT OF EGGS... HOW COULD THIS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
that's why I have a gaggle of chicks
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #18592

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
^ how was tough mudder phaggot
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #18593

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Hmm, interesting... Can't imagine how it would be like working out at hk... No wonder they have such a tough time bulking up there...

I'd literally sweat all my calories of the day just standing outside in the humid heat
Well thankfully sweating and burning calories have little to do with one another. Yes you can sweat when you burn calories, but when you sweat it doesn't automagically mean you're burning calories...

Although it's late maybe my sarcasm detector is busted
Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #18594
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
It really depends on the class, the one I posted was just in a bikini class. Examples of fitness bikini:

It is a very vain contest, but whatever I wasn't competing just enjoying the show

Last edited by JD像; 06-24-2012 at 11:00 AM.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #18595
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Kinda want to do a contest next year
If so. Bike is a must
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #18596
Banned By Establishment

Old 06-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #18597
Banned By Establishment

I picked up some ON 100% egg protein.

Any thoughts on it? I got it for a pretty good price (30 for a 2 pound)
Old 06-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #18598
Treasure Chest MOD

^yeah that's pretty decent. ON's products always live up to their name

Old 06-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #18599
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Went this morning; got my brother to spot me after his 13 week recovery from surgery....

These were my improvements

couldn't go above 63.5lbs cause i was scared --- 68.5lbs flat dumbell chest press... 5x5
couldn't go above 135lbs cause i was scared --- 195 lbs Flat bench with olympic bar. 5x5

Both were Personal Records...

Edit: forgot to mention - Im 145lbs @ prob less than 10%...
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."

Last edited by Supafly; 06-24-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #18600
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
nm

Nice.

I would up the weight if I know I can do 5x5 of the same weight. Like a pyramid.