REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #20776
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
deadlifting and rackpulls still best trap excercise 1m0
And high pulls
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #20777
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Finally getting back to working out after 9 months.

Gained 15+ pounds since Jan..

I cant wait to feel sore and see how weak ive become and gain it all back and go prime
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #20778
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post

I cant wait to feel sore and see how weak ive become and gain it all back and go prime
2 words, muscle memory.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #20779
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Cool story I found on bb.com, it's a long one but it's a worthwhile read. Enjoy.

Quote:
Mr. Olympia the rules for qualifying are always changing it seems. Back when I was an active Mr. Olympia contender, the top six instantly and automatically qualified for the next year. Some would take all year off. Not me – I loved the thrill of competing and kept a busy schedule of contests all year long. Fans want to see us!
Competing I did it for those who’d supported me in my career, the ones writing fan letters, sending e-mails, and paying to see me up on stage. I loved every minute of the ride. Contest prep and the actual show made me feel alive. It was proof I was living, proof I was breathing. I needed it, and I put everything into it. That was my choice.

Looks like the days of choice are over – bodybuilders don’t get to choose whether they want to take the year off or go full blown. New IFBB rules encourage more competition between Olympia showdowns. The top three still automatically qualify, but all other athletes are on a points system, and it’s through that process they qualify for the Olympia. In short, they have to go full blown if they want to stay on top. That’s what’s up.

I love this new rule. If you compete and earn enough points, you’ll be part of the greatest bodybuilding show conceived by humanity. Win a Pro show, and you’ll automatically qualify. Every bodybuilder should jump at the opportunity.

Bodybuilding is part performance art, part business, and if you’re a competitor with an eye on the bottom line, promoting yourself is part of the never-ending game. Get out there and strut your stuff. Flex your marketing muscles online. Tell the world who you are, and be an innovator in every sphere of public life, on and off stage.

Competing helped me build a property, a brand, a business known as Kevin Levrone. Today, I look back on that experience with fondness. Competition is the name of the game. You hone your skills by trying and falling down, picking yourself up, learning and overcoming, until you sharpen everything to a steely point. That’s what I did.

What annoys me is when people assume I became a bodybuilder out of insecurity, or as a reaction to childhood trauma, and that I’m compensating for old pain. The average person doesn’t understand why we do this, what drives us to physical perfection. Their psycho-babble doesn’t even scratch the surface.

Let me break it down. An IFBB Pro is a real person who’s taken their love, hardships, education and life’s wisdom and put it to work, regardless of race or background. The seed is your thoughts and your emotions, it’s in your DNA. We want to build something incredible, and make a vision a reality, and emerge a champion. It’s not about self-hatred or over-compensation. It’s about relentless pursuit of a vision, the yearning for greatness, the conviction of ideals. The audacity to imagine something impossible and defiantly bring it into reality.

When you’re living the iron life, you just might find your way to the IFBB stage. And that, my friends, is an unbelievable moment, as powerful as it is rare. There are unusual, unexpected rewards that make our sacrifices and battles so worthwhile.

One day, a kid came up to me at the gym. I was two weeks out of the Olympia and focused completely on my program, and he asked if I’d mind training arms with him. This kid was bright, about 17, and of course, I said sure. It suddenly occurred to me that he should’ve been in school, instead of hanging out at a gym. The reason had to do with his father: they didn’t get along and had fought that morning about skipping school.

I gave him my heartfelt thoughts about responsibility and doing the right thing, even if it’s tough. I let him know that I’ve been there, and that the best choice is to gut it out and hang on, overcome. The workout ended, we said our goodbyes, and that was it. Or so I thought.

Much later on, I picked up one of the fitness mags and read the letter section. What did I find? Something from that same kid I trained and talked with! He’d included a picture of us snapped in the gym. The letter was titled, “How Kevin Levrone Saved my Life.” On the day we’d worked out together, he’d planned on killing himself. But our talk had changed his mind. Right then, I knew: there’s more to Bodybuilding than just muscle. It can be a cosmic endeavor, touching many people and taking competitors and fans places none of us thought possible.

After the Olympia, I received a call from a mother whose child had undergone cancer surgery. She asked if I’d come to the hospital and see her terminally ill child. He was unresponsive, and the doctors were fearful. I was dead tired that day, spent from the hardest show prep of my life, but I dragged my bones to the hospital pulled by a force I can’t explain, I somehow found the strength.

When I arrived, I took off my shirt, walked toward his room, and popped around the corner. Positive energy within me exploded, I felt 110%, and I didn’t know where the energy was coming from. It must have been infectious because the boy, previously unresponsive, raised himself up on one arm and just stared at me.

I did what fate designed me to do: I flexed with everything I had. This poor, sick boy started laughing. Laughing – after all he’d been through. That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. His mother and grandmother were crying tears of joy to see the life force in their beloved child, ignited for a brief moment by an IFBB Pro Bodybuilder, of all people. “Thank you,” they said. “Thank you for being so kind.”

And why wouldn’t I be kind? Should I be a selfish, angry, underground, roid ragin’ animal? Things aren’t always what they appear on the surface. We’re pro bodybuilders – IFBB Pros. Forget stereotypes and misconceptions. Beneath the skin and muscle, all of us are human. Before you find your inner IFBB champion, find your inner human and get in touch with it. Humans make muscles and not the other way around.

This has been a good session. Now stop analyzing things and go lift something.

Kevin Levrone
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #20780
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Kevin l
Should of won the Olympia once
He got robbed many many times
Phil Heath will be the face for Olympia the next 6-8 years
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #20781

Fuark, blood pressure at 140/90...

Need to watch diet, since cardio/lifting weights has been good.

Edit: Check your BP's guys, good to know if you're in the right direction. Just read that 140/90 doubles my chance ( from 120/80 ) of cardiovascular death.

Last edited by subordinate; 09-09-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #20782

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post

Make sure you don't get into an intense bicep workout

Posted via RS Mobile
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #20783
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post

Edit: Check your BP's guys, good to know if you're in the right direction. Just read that 140/90 doubles my chance ( from 120/80 ) of cardiovascular death.
140!?!?!?! WTF MAN thats redic... my bloodpressure is 110-115 while on CLEN lol
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #20784
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
Cool story I found on bb.com, it's a long one but it's a worthwhile read. Enjoy.
Read the same story on muscular development. It's inspiring to know that bodybuilding is making a positive direction in other aspects of life, like relationships...

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #20785
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
in before decline is easy

hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #20786
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 3,568 Times in 291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post

bench 2 - YouTube
jesus dude i can barely deadlift that. was just gona post progress pics but after that fuk it haha dat shit too cray
benjiggla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #20787
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Dayum ^
Posted via RS Mobile
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #20788
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
beast
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #20789
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post

bench 2 - YouTube
lol @ dude flexing 0:27

is that hotong spotting you?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #20790
I subscribe to Revscene

BB.com has a Free shipping coupon code valid for next 19 hours or so!! Works for Canada too! "1MILFB"
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #20791
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
wut gym o;

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #20792

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
140!?!?!?! WTF MAN thats redic... my bloodpressure is 110-115 while on CLEN lol

And Jesus...definitely beastly lifts by Halo.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #20793
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^^ one day tubbyboi....one day
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #20794
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,388 Times in 189 Posts
This popped up on my youtube newsfeed lol

1995 Nissan 240sx SE
2000 Honda Civic DX hatch
1995 Acura Integra GSR
1993 Honda Civic dx hatch
1997 Acura Integra Type-R
1990 Nissan 240sx hatch
1988 Nissan 300zx-T SS
1992 Honda Civic si hatch
1997 Honda Civic cx hatch
1992 Honda Civic dx hatch
1991 Nissan 240sx se coupe
1986 Honda Accord EXR sedan
Jordanl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #20795
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post

BP Fluctuates throughout the day. I've had bogus reading in the 160/90 range, and then down to 110/60. I've also noticed on a low carb diet my BP plummets to the 110/60 range consistently. So don't start freaking out yet, the best way is to take a reading everyday for a few days.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #20796

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
BP Fluctuates throughout the day. I've had bogus reading in the 160/90 range, and then down to 110/60. I've also noticed on a low carb diet my BP plummets to the 110/60 range consistently. So don't start freaking out yet, the best way is to take a reading everyday for a few days.
Lol..I did take more than one reading and during different times.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #20797
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

180lbs, createa time again

come at me heavy lifts season
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #20798
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Went for the 315 deadlift tonight, and finally did it . I tried this weight in July, but failed.

I loaded up two 45 plates, one 25 plate, and two 10 plates on each side

spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #20799

Debating on whether or not to stock up on supplements cause free shipping...

buy home gym +heavy weights

Last edited by Phozy; 09-09-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #20800
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 3,568 Times in 291 Posts
So it's almost been one year since I started working out I posted a progress pic about 3 months ago I think and I've only lost 8lbs since but this is my one year progress collage of me noob posing with noob muscles. My goal now is to get to 175 - 170lbs by January cause I still got a lot of belly to lose. I've added 20mins on the stairmaster at a slow steady pace at the end of every workout and it seems to be working really well..

Posted via RS Mobile
benjiggla is offline   Reply With Quote