REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #76
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
k im gonna play the devil's advocate here but, there have been way worse things done in human history.

rewind time back to the dark ages.

there's probably way worse things being done right now in some eastern european basement makeshift dungeon.

edit: i just had to throw this one in, i heard the japanese tortured spies by sliding a thin glass rod into the subject's dick, then using a mallet and hammering the dick. i'd let out all the secrets at the sight of the glass rod. gawd damn, fuck have the plans to the atomic bomb!!!

another thing that was kinda interesting in a weird way was the eunuchs in china. actually all eunuchs in general. so fucked up.
Advertisement

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 12-28-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #77
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
edit: i just had to throw this one in, i heard the japanese tortured spies by sliding a thin glass rod into the subject's dick, then using a mallet and hammering the dick. i'd let out all the secrets at the sight of the glass rod. gawd damn, fuck have the plans to the atomic bomb!!!
I was watching a history channel where a US POW was explaining what happened in the camps. it was scorching hot outside and they were tied to a pole naked, then they had their testicles tied by a piece of string dipped on water. the sun would dry the string and as it dried the string would shrink, squeezing their testicles slowly. just hearing him explain it i was like:

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #78
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
To this day, my Japanese friends pride themselves for a nation not being conquered by the west. It's unfortunate that Imperial Japan acted Nazi on East Asia back then.
Not all Japanese have pride over their country nowadays, most only care about the things they take interest in. Japanese national spirits is not the same as it was say 100 years ago although this can be a good thing.

Besides they did get conquered by the west (USA) and remains the only country to get nuked twice. Now they are majorly influence by the west, just as they were influence by China back in the days.
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #79
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
i heard the japanese tortured spies by sliding a thin glass rod into the subject's dick, then using a mallet and hammering the dick. i'd let out all the secrets at the sight of the glass rod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
I was watching a history channel where a US POW was explaining what happened in the camps. it was scorching hot outside and they were tied to a pole naked, then they had their testicles tied by a piece of string dipped on water. the sun would dry the string and as it dried the string would shrink, squeezing their testicles slowly. just hearing him explain it i was like:
my balls went hiding after reading this
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #80
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post
Besides they did get conquered by the west (USA) and remains the only country to get nuked twice. Now they are majorly influence by the west, just as they were influence by China back in the days.
But, they are the only nation from Asia to kick caucasian ass.

Russo-Japanese War.

Which brings me back to the Mikasa story. The Battle of Tsushima. Historians still call it the greatest naval battle since Trafalgar.

Russian casualty was high. 21 out of 38 ships sunk, 7 captured, and 6 disarmed with 4500 servicemen killed and 6000 taken prisoner. The Japanese fleet lost 116 servicemen and three torpedo boats. The flagship, Mikasa, took over 30 direct hits only suffering minor damage.

Admiral Togo was in charge of the IJN fleet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tōgō_Heihachirō

The Flawless Victory: The Battle of Tsushima, Admiral Togo, and Likely the Most Effective Maneuver in Naval History - Hoffstrizz

Some say the embarrasing ass-kicking by this tiny island nation called Japan (dumb Asians) led to the Russian Revolution.

This was not the only time the Japanese forces were underestimated by the west. Even though the Americans were warned many times over by experts of the threat from Japanese forces, most leaders thought the Japanese were not skilled. One commonly held belief was that the Japanese had no sense of balance, since they were carried on the backs of their mothers as children. "There is no way they could fly an airplane, let alone form any kind of attack on our naval bases."
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #81
MG1

As for the nuking of the two cities in Japan, the US had no choice in the matter. The war would just drag on and on. It was beleived that the Japanese would fight to the bitter end. Japan had already been bombarded day and night by US bombers. Dropping two nuclear bombs on civilians was the only way to send the message across.

As it turned out, it did end the war.......... giving the Americans the perfect place in which to have their forces stationed in the Far East to deal with Commies in later years.

Events that led the two countries (Japan and US) into war is interesting stuff, too. Oil embargo by US, limiting the building of warships, etc.

Revisiting the Battle of Tsushima, the complete annihilation of the Russian navy gave the Japanese a false sense of superiority. That, of course, led them to ultimate defeat.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #82
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

awesome thread so far

wish we learned more about asian history in high school

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #83
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
As for the nuking of the two cities in Japan, the US had no choice in the matter. The war would just drag on and on. It was beleived that the Japanese would fight to the bitter end. Japan had already been bombarded day and night by US bombers. Dropping two nuclear bombs on civilians was the only way to send the message across.
the japanese were already trying to end the war with a truce prior to the nukes but that wasnt good enough for america

they didnt need 2 nukes on civilians at all.... hell they could have just dropped on on an island with no people and tell japan "next ones on tokyo"

they were already trying for a truce after that im sure they would have caved the US general simply wanted to annihilate all of them hell he wanted to keep nuking -_-

Brits & USA first to target civilians

nazis only bombed military bases encampments in the UK and the brits targeted civilians to goad the Nazis into attacking civilians

and usa with the nukes -_-
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #84
MG1

as for Pearl Harbour. It could have been a lot worse. There was supposed to be a thrid wave of attack. Although ships were damaged, the oil bunkers and important equipment were not destroyed. Junior officers pleaded with the admiral to continue the attacks, but the admiral decided against it. The carrier fleet was nowhere to be seen and that was one of the saving graces for the US. USS Enterprise!!

Here's some really weird shit.............. long read, but whatever.......

Pearl Harbor - Mother of All Conspiracies
Old 12-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #85
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
the japanese were already trying to end the war with a truce prior to the nukes but that wasnt good enough for america
Yes, the Japanese were really suffering at home. Their forces were non-existant and people were wishing for an end - no food, no supplies. "For the Emperor" - some Japanese did not know how to lose. A loss was worse than death itself. Being captured was also a big shame.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #86
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post

they didnt need 2 nukes on civilians at all.... hell they could have just dropped on on an island with no people and tell japan "next ones on tokyo"

they were already trying for a truce after that im sure they would have caved the US general simply wanted to annihilate all of them hell he wanted to keep nuking -_-

Brits & USA first to target civilians

nazis only bombed military bases encampments in the UK and the brits targeted civilians to goad the Nazis into attacking civilians

and usa with the nukes -_-
The Germans & Japanese had nuclear programs of their own IIRC, but were many months behind the USA. Can you imagine what Hitler would have done if they got an A-bomb first?
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #87
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
Quote:
But, they are the only nation from Asia to kick caucasian ass.

Russo-Japanese War.

Which brings me back to the Mikasa story. The Battle of Tsushima. Historians still call it the greatest naval battle since Trafalgar.

Russian casualty was high. 21 out of 38 ships sunk, 7 captured, and 6 disarmed with 4500 servicemen killed and 6000 taken prisoner. The Japanese fleet lost 116 servicemen and three torpedo boats. The flagship, Mikasa, took over 30 direct hits only suffering minor damage.

Admiral Togo was in charge of the IJN fleet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tōgō_Heihachirō

The Flawless Victory: The Battle of Tsushima, Admiral Togo, and Likely the Most Effective Maneuver in Naval History - Hoffstrizz

Some say the embarrasing ass-kicking by this tiny island nation called Japan (dumb Asians) led to the Russian Revolution.

This was not the only time the Japanese forces were underestimated by the west. Even though the Americans were warned many times over by experts of the threat from Japanese forces, most leaders thought the Japanese were not skilled. One commonly held belief was that the Japanese had no sense of balance, since they were carried on the backs of their mothers as children. "There is no way they could fly an airplane, let alone form any kind of attack on our naval bases."
China was more feared by the west in ancient time than the small island call Japan until the later period. Even in China's downfall period, it endured the invasion of 8 nation alliance, the taiping rebellion (which in itself had more casualty than the entire WW2 combined, fought itself (CCP vs KMT) + Japan on the side and pushed back the americans + UN in the korean war. It was China's own arrogance and belief in its superiority at the wrong time that led to their downfall. And it costed them dearly but unlike India, they still retain themselves in the end. China never really lost totally to any outsiders, even the Mongols that conquered China eventually lost out to China's sinicization.

There are reasons the west are so concern about the sleeping giant call China as Napolean once said "When China awake, the world will tremble"
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #88
MG1

Chiang Kai-shek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sun Yat-Sen

Interesting people.........
Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #89
MG1

Would like to know more about the history of India.

On another topic, I play chess. Western, Chinese, and Japanese chess. I know chess got its beginnings in India. Anyone on RS play Indian chess?
Old 12-29-2011, 12:10 AM   #90
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Chiang Kai-shek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sun Yat-Sen

Interesting people.........
Sun Yat-Sen is interesting because both the communists and KMT have their own versions of history for him, and both credit him for uniting China... Guess which one is correct
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 AM   #91
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Sun Yat-Sen is interesting because both the communists and KMT have their own versions of history for him, and both credit him for uniting China... Guess which one is correct
Neither
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetched View Post
Neither
How so?
Old 12-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #93
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 AM   #94

To put it in simple terms. None of the educational material published in China nor Taiwan contains 100% true versions of Sun Yat-Sen, like you said, it is completely different. How can you know for certain which one is correct? Communists and KMT are both known for their use of propaganda in their education material (I'm assuming this is where you are getting your information from).
Old 12-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #95
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

As it turned out, it did end the war.......... giving the Americans the perfect place in which to have their forces stationed in the Far East to deal with Commies in later years.

Events that led the two countries (Japan and US) into war is interesting stuff, too. Oil embargo by US, limiting the building of warships, etc.

Revisiting the Battle of Tsushima, the complete annihilation of the Russian navy gave the Japanese a false sense of superiority. That, of course, led them to ultimate defeat.
The problem isn't the dropping of the nukes its the fact that they had to drop the second one. The 1st nuke was enough for Japan to surrender and there are reports that after the 1st one Japan was ready to surrender.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetched View Post
To put it in simple terms. None of the educational material published in China nor Taiwan contains 100% true versions of Sun Yat-Sen, like you said, it is completely different. How can you know for certain which one is correct? Communists and KMT are both known for their use of propaganda in their education material (I'm assuming this is where you are getting your information from).
No I was thinking more of the outsiders' perspective
Old 12-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
The problem isn't the dropping of the nukes its the fact that they had to drop the second one. The 1st nuke was enough for Japan to surrender and there are reports that after the 1st one Japan was ready to surrender.
It's a war. No treaty No stop.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:22 AM   #98
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post
Not all Japanese have pride over their country nowadays, most only care about the things they take interest in. Japanese national spirits is not the same as it was say 100 years ago although this can be a good thing.

They lost the war. But none of their lands became western territory.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #99
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I love the WWII discussions.

Axis of Powers. Nazi Germany was supposed to have Europe, Mussolini's Italy was supposed to have Africa, and Japan was supposed to have Asia.

I remember my grand parents telling me that Japan had planned the invasion decades before. In the Philippines, my grandparent's neighborhoods had some Japanese immigrants years before the war. When the invasion started, these "neighbors" were now dressed as soldier with guns and bayonets.

My Paternal Grandmother had to marry my Grandfather at 15 years old or else she would be shipped to the Soldier Camps to be a "comfort woman". Literally, the soldiers would run a train on the women daily.

My Maternal Grandmother had to carry my oldest aunt around to show that she was a mother, or else she would be raped by the soldiers as well. Also, the locals would hide in the forests and live there to hide from the Japanese.

Good thing the Americans finally joined the war. To this day, I'm somewhat in support of the American Military industrial complex and their foreign policies to a certain extent. I'd rather have them as a superpower than Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, USSR, or present day Communist China
Old 12-29-2011, 03:37 AM   #100

The only WW2 story I heard from my wife's side of the family is how her grandmother would have to dress like a boy before going out. And food was so scarce, vendors were selling rats.

Interestingly, Sunday night horse racing, which is ubiquitous in Hong Kong now, was introduced by the Japanese during their occupation here.