REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #101
SFICC-05*

Reaction coming into this thread...

Advertisement
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #102
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

guys seriously,
Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #103
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i would take their cell phone or a watch or something of value as collateral and tell them if you want it back, pay me plus tips cuz it is service and meal given to them
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #104
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
After livin in richmond for 5 years with a girlfriend whos worked at restaurants the whole time I can attest Richmond is full of cheap rude punks. Every friday night for three years while she worked at nan chu she would have more fine examples of cheap rude behavior of fob chicks who cant handle booze and little fob boys thinkin they are Jet Li.
Popped collars true religion jeans foul mouth and lippy drunk puking girlfriends and then short changing or just rounding up to the nearest dollar while the benz is parked right in front. And best of all lets split the bill.
She's now in a more family orientated restaurant in Richmond but now the rude ones are just older more sober and breeding a new generation of rude cheap punks.
Everytime I eat at out (richmond included) I always add at least 15% tips..... maybe is coz I live in BBY lol
But I agree majority of Chinese are cheap lol. Myself sorta of included.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #105
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
this thread would be super win if this kid was on revscene reading this right now.
even more win if there were pics of said couple to photoshop

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #106
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Who would stay and wash dishes for being short a dollar..seems like this story was fabricated or exaggarated..smells like bullshit to me
Posted via RS Mobile
dinamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #107
Böse ///M

This happened to me a few times where I did not know, I was stupid to forget I was in FUCKING RICHMOND, the restaurant only takes cash.

I had to walk to nearest ATM to get cash. I don't give a shit about paying a buck or two for ATM fee, but shit it is really really annoying when restaurants only take cash.

I wish there's a law against restaurants and other businesses doing this.

I lived in Toronto for 4 years and I've only seen few places in Markham doing this.

Other places? they all take credit/debit. some places might charge 50cents extra for transactions under certain amount.

I would love to see CRA cracking down all these places in Richmond one day.
AKUMA_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #108
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

they can choose not to have debit/credit machines and do everything the old school way...
whats bad is if they say cash only and have their abm machines inside the restaurant
Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #109
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^number 9
JayEch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #110
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
If you want to talk about cheap asses. What about the restaurant owner that wont accept debit cards because of a 20 cent or less fee? Now that's being a cheap ass.
Biggest pet peeve on top of that, all these Chinese places charges tax on the food, but of course, being cash, they keep the tax money for themselves and give whatever they feel they want to the government.
alphakilo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #111
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphakilo View Post
Biggest pet peeve on top of that, all these Chinese places charges tax on the food, but of course, being cash, they keep the tax money for themselves and give whatever they feel they want to the government.
so which resturant on alexandra should we rat out first to the Revenue agency of Canada?
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #112
straight from the fields of squamton

If the pizza delivery guy or taxi driver can let you pay debit at your door, there's no excuse for a resturaunt not to.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #113
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKUMA_Z View Post
This happened to me a few times where I did not know, I was stupid to forget I was in FUCKING RICHMOND, the restaurant only takes cash.

I had to walk to nearest ATM to get cash. I don't give a shit about paying a buck or two for ATM fee, but shit it is really really annoying when restaurants only take cash.

I wish there's a law against restaurants and other businesses doing this.

I lived in Toronto for 4 years and I've only seen few places in Markham doing this.

Other places? they all take credit/debit. some places might charge 50cents extra for transactions under certain amount.

I would love to see CRA cracking down all these places in Richmond one day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
so which resturant on alexandra should we rat out first to the Revenue agency of Canada?

The CRA is already investigating a lot of places and many have been fined already. I heard a grocery store over in Kelowna got fined ~$100,000 a few months back.
Kayci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #114
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Who would stay and wash dishes for being short a dollar..seems like this story was fabricated or exaggarated..smells like bullshit to me
Posted via RS Mobile
hello? its called failed reverse psychology trick used for a 3 year old which they are trying to use on the staff.

too bad no picture was taken. cmon people we all have camera phones.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #115
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
They're not stupid. I'm pretty sure they have a pretty good idea what kind of "operations" are doing this. Amazing how businesses can have zero net profits at the end of the year and the owner drives a S class. All you have to do is pay a dirty accountant to cook your books.

Anyone been to that small "pet shop" across from Wendy's Richmond (3 road).
Walk in there, have a look at their "store", then go in the back parking lot and feast your eyes of about 500k worth of cars.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #116
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,796 Times in 1,762 Posts
I refuse to support restaurants that are too cheap to give me the option of how I want to pay. I rarely carry cash anymore, so basically they don't want my business. Fuck 'em.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 01-07-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #117
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
I think it's not an excuse for big restaurants (no9 for example) to not take CC/debit.

But for smaller restaurant, the CC fee much higher than what you think it is.

The fee averages out about 2.5% of every transaction but it doesn't end there. The CC company will always make the merchant the responsible for any chargeback. My friend's restaurant had chargebacks from $3~$500. And most cases, the customer simply forgot that they went there and filed the chargeback anyway. Those chargebacks eats into profit pretty hard. Many merchants simply stopped taking CC to save trouble. I believe now with the introduction of chip-based CC, the situation could become better.

But all in all... fuck visa and MC for their crazy fees...
Old 01-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #118
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
too bad no picture was taken. cmon people we all have camera phones.

By who? By people in line? How trashy would that be.

I think it'd be inappropriate to make someone's embarrassment public by snapping a camera phone pic of them trying to round up nickels and dimes to pay their bill.

Alternatively, I was at Lougheed Mall once with a friend of mine and we were in a shop. The Asian woman ahead of us was demanding (literally demanding, yelling and everything) a 20% discount on something and holding up the line.

The person behind the counter was unable to do so and nobody else was on shift so a line began to form. Not only was it frustrating to the employee but to myself and the people behind me. It was cutting into my time so I got pissed off.

I can be a rude guy at times (see my username) so I ripped into the woman. I kept berating her until she stepped out of line, red faced and spitting vitriol in a language I didn't understand. It wasn't about ethnicity or cultural differences, it was about her attitude and her sense of entitlement. It was about her robbing people of their day because she wanted a few extra pennies in her pocket.

The worst thing is that she thought she could get away with it because shes probably done it before.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #119
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I think it's not an excuse for big restaurants (no9 for example) to not take CC/debit.

But for smaller restaurant, the CC fee much higher than what you think it is.

The fee averages out about 2.5% of every transaction but it doesn't end there. The CC company will always make the merchant the responsible for any chargeback. My friend's restaurant had chargebacks from $3~$500. And most cases, the customer simply forgot that they went there and filed the chargeback anyway. Those chargebacks eats into profit pretty hard. Many merchants simply stopped taking CC to save trouble. I believe now with the introduction of chip-based CC, the situation could become better.

But all in all... fuck visa and MC for their crazy fees...
If you swipe the card and beep the receipt copies charge backs should not be a problem. If you manually type in the credit card numbers thenm you can have problems.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #120
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

When i'm at a cash only establishment, especially in Richmond, I always ask for a receipt. Usually its just printed off the machine with no restaurant name, date, etc., but its nice to see the people squirm and try to come up with excuses.
JS1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #121
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
wish Gyo would have called the cops on them.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #122
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
If you want to talk about cheap asses. What about the restaurant owner that wont accept debit cards because of a 20 cent or less fee? Now that's being a cheap ass.
you understand all those transactions add up. Plus you need to take into account acquiring the machine, running it, doing the additional work involved with running it (print receipts, etc.) buying more paper for the machine, etc. etc. There are a lot of underlying costs that you need to take into account. Not to mention when you do cash only some places have an incentive to lie on their income taxes which is another benefit to cash only.

Correct me if I'm wrong

edit*

posted this without reading some of the other comments but many people seem to be on the same page

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.

Last edited by The_AK; 01-07-2012 at 01:19 PM.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #123
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
If you swipe the card and beep the receipt copies charge backs should not be a problem. If you manually type in the credit card numbers thenm you can have problems.
CC companies usually side with the customer. Unless you stand there every time and watch the customer sign the receipt and match it exactly everytime, you will end up with chargebacks. I've worked in retail stores which had a policy of taking down DL numbers and writing them on the back of receipts of large transactions - and CC companies will still chargeback on the card and refuse to pay.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #124
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
There could be several reasons why a place doesn't take CC and it's not always for tax evasion.

Many gas stations in US takes cash only while offering the lowest price around. There's one right before Bellingham's airport.

So, for those claiming that stores are simply too cheap to have CC/debit, think about this, nothing comes free. Whatever cost the merchant has to take, it will get transferred to consumers.

So, essentially, whenever you use your CC, it means you are paying to the merchant as well as banks, or think it as a private tax.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #125
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
There could be several reasons why a place doesn't take CC and it's not always for tax evasion.

Many gas stations in US takes cash only while offering the lowest price around. There's one right before Bellingham's airport.

So, for those claiming that stores are simply too cheap to have CC/debit, think about this, nothing comes free. Whatever cost the merchant has to take, it will get transferred to consumers.

So, essentially, whenever you use your CC, it means you are paying to the merchant as well as banks, or think it as a private tax.
Fact is most places that take cash only are not declaring all there income, not all but the Lions share.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote