REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #251
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappin View Post
Kim Kardashian to Date Jeremy Lin?, Christian News

WTF is she even famous for anyway
Lol it's it true....what a spotlight whore.
Advertisement

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx

Last edited by DanHibiki; 02-16-2012 at 06:29 PM.
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #252
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

if it wasnt going to be her.. it would've been paris hilton lol

better than either of them making another album

Last edited by trip; 02-16-2012 at 11:38 PM.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #253
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
Note to Jeremy: Run a fast break away from this crazy woman Kim. Run Jeremy! First, she dates Reggie Bush, then has a quicky marriage to Kris Humphries.

She wants the attention from a professional athlete and the fame too much? Hmmm.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #254

Thanked 7,136 Times in 2,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Note to Jeremy: Run a fast break away from this crazy woman Kim. Run Jeremy! First, she dates Reggie Bush, then has a quicky marriage to Kris Humphries.

She wants the attention from a professional athlete and the fame too much? Hmmm.
Also compared to those guys it'd be like Lin was a hotdog thrown down a hallway.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #255
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

can't wait for a rejection. that would be golden.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #256

sounds like it's fake. no reliable source.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #257
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i say he is overrated and over hyped, if he wasnt a taiwanese/american the media wouldnt have blow this shit to the roof. THe guy is good, but not all star good. Far away from it, 9/10 times the guy drives to the right, his first step is got some speed but dribbles without confident when going to his left.

We will see how long he lasts, funny some of you think when melo comes back he needs to adapt Lin's game. Lets not forget, melo is the star here not lin.
U throw eric snow out there with lebron the king crab, u think its lebrons duty to adapt the no name PG or the other way around

Too many band wagoners, thats the bottom line. Shit load of ppl on fb dont even watch basketball, or never play the game before all of a sudden an Asian fool gets blown out of proportion now everyone wants a piece of him

THe guy is still Taiwanese regardless he was born in the States or not, hell im sure lots of u guys are immigrants but your parents may came over here at an earlier stage, you still bleed foreigner blood period. The guy still looks like an asian.
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #258

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
if it wasnt going to be here.. it wouldd've been paris hilton lol

better than either of them making another album
isnt paris hilton dating afrojack?
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #259

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
i say he is overrated and over hyped, if he wasnt a taiwanese/american the media wouldnt have blow this shit to the roof. THe guy is good, but not all star good. Far away from it, 9/10 times the guy drives to the right, his first step is got some speed but dribbles without confident when going to his left.

We will see how long he lasts, funny some of you think when melo comes back he needs to adapt Lin's game. Lets not forget, melo is the star here not lin.
U throw eric snow out there with lebron the king crab, u think its lebrons duty to adapt the no name PG or the other way around

Too many band wagoners, thats the bottom line. Shit load of ppl on fb dont even watch basketball, or never play the game before all of a sudden an Asian fool gets blown out of proportion now everyone wants a piece of him

THe guy is still Taiwanese regardless he was born in the States or not, hell im sure lots of u guys are immigrants but your parents may came over here at an earlier stage, you still bleed foreigner blood period. The guy still looks like an asian.
I've been watching basketball since the early 90s starting with Jordan and the Bulls and never stopped watching this sport. This Lin dude is the real deal. No, he's not a Rajon Rondo, a Derek Rose calibre of point guard. Give him the time to play with Melo and all his team mates, and to improve other facets of his game. He's gonna surprise many critics.

He's captured the attention of former NBA players like Steve Smith and Dennis Scott on TNT. Former NBA players who know a thing or two about basketball and talent. Heck, Kenny Smith picked Jeremy to be on Team Shaq for the Rising Stars Challenge game during the All Star Weekend.

I'm pretty confident that Kenny Smith, a former all-star point guard and a two time NBA champion with Houston, is a good judge of talent. Seeing Blake Griffin and J. Lin playing on Team Shaq will be fun. It's gonna be Lob City at that Rising Stars game.

My prediction is that J. Lin is gonna be one of the premier point guards in the NBA.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-16-2012 at 08:15 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #260
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL...Kim Kardashian?

Dude is the toast of New York right now. He could do better than a 31-year old chick that looks like she stuffed a turkey down the back of her pants and is only famous because she's a huge whore.

Huge.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #261
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #262
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:

That's funny; you sound exactly like someone who doesn't know shit about the game...I wouldn't give a shit if his left arm was amputated...Why does it matter if he can only go right? Teams have had 6 games to realize he has no left hand, which by the way he does, and he's still dropping 20+ on them...So you're telling me that we have a guy here that has no left hand but still finds ways to score while having minimal weapons?? Sounds like he must be pretty fucking good then...I guess he'll be dropping 40+ once he does get a left hand right?

And you want to talk about Melo being the star? Let's get something straight...Melo and Amare have been the leaders of this team and have greatly underachieved...They were struggling to even make the playoffs in a weak Eastern conference...Melo goes down, Amare gets some time off, Lin takes over and has lead them to 6 straight wins...Can you please explain to me what makes you think that Melo is running this team right now?
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #263
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

wow sounds like u know basketball real fucking well

Melo was injured

dude must be pretty fucking good going to the right than, big fucking deal

6 games woo big deal

JR SMith popped threes in a quarter like its nothing, dude can have big nights scoring 40-50 pts

does that make him an elite player?

i think not
Kobe admitted the young guy has talent, sure why not but that doesnt mean this guy all of a sudden became god like
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #264
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:

Melo was injured

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #265
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

tequilabomb: get lin or get out!
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #266
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:

yes sir you are correct

Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #267
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:

HATERS

having anger towards everyone reaching success
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #268
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:

Melo was injured

6 games woo big deal

JR SMith popped threes in a quarter like its nothing, dude can have big nights scoring 40-50 pts

i think not
Kobe admitted the young guy has talent, sure why not but that doesnt mean this guy all of a sudden became god like
You make it sound like Melo has been injured the entire season which is not the case. Even when he was healthy and playing with Amare, a lot of times, the offense of the team are out of sync and can't produce any easy baskets.

I agree that 6 games are a small sample size but to see Lin help get the Knicks out of the shithole by playing team ball, getting everyone involved is a great thing for basketball.

Scoring isn't everything about NBA... you could drop 40-50pts and your team can still lose. That would make him an elite player in scoring only but probably not as an elite overall team player. I feel that these days in the NBA, there are less and less team players and too many individuality. It's about doing a little bit of everything that helps the team win.

No one is saying Lin is godlike, I think you are taking the Lin nicknames far too seriously lol
mlworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #269
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,239 Times in 2,355 Posts
This guy is amazing but I'm sick and tired of the stupid ass racist slogans masked as witty slogans or stupid ass comments made by some basketball commentators. The guy is putting on a show despite his race and the NBA should really be happy that they have the prefect role model to showcase the league and it's players after the lockout.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #270

Quote:

Melo was injured

6 games woo big deal

i think not
I don't even know what to say to you...You think that a guy who is finally being given an opportunity to play is in the same situation as JR Smith dropping 40 points for a big night?...JR Smith has been given plenty of opportunities and has proven to be inconsistent....How can you compare that with Lin's situation: a guy who is being given an opportunity for the first time, and thus far, proving to be consistant.....? If only you knew how stupid you sound right now...

And Carmelo was injured?? That's your excuse? That's funny; I guess Melo has been injured every since he got traded to the Knicks then since the Knicks have been WORSE ever since they made that trade to get him.....

Last edited by bballguy; 02-16-2012 at 10:31 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #271
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,774 Times in 974 Posts
@Tequilabomb, the problem is people like you that get affected by the hype. Yeah, he's making all the headlines, but no one who is really into the nba thinks he's god-like. He doesn't even tout himself as any good!

Take the headlines and hype with a grain of salt, he's a good player, but he's not the greatest. Laugh along with the memes and pictures and stop hating on a guy who is just doing what he loves. Let the band-wagoners jump on, they'll jump off soon enough.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #272

Quote:

Then We're all foreigners except for natives dude.

Or should I say

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #273
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
anyone buying lin clothing?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
@Tequilabomb, the problem is people like you that get affected by the hype. Yeah, he's making all the headlines, but no one who is really into the nba thinks he's god-like. He doesn't even tout himself as any good!

Take the headlines and hype with a grain of salt, he's a good player, but he's not the greatest. Laugh along with the memes and pictures and stop hating on a guy who is just doing what he loves. Let the band-wagoners jump on, they'll jump off soon enough.
His hype is not about how good he is; his hype is about his story......He's been ignored his entire life for reasons I'm not going to get into....and he keeps proving people wrong...He wins state championships, in HS, yet doesn't get a single D1 offer....Think about it: a guy who has made the NBA as a PG did not get a single D1 offer? Do you realize how ridiculous that is....then he drops 30 points on UConn....Enters for draft, nobody even looks at him....plays great against Wall in summer league.....finally the Warriors pick him as what was probably just for marketing purposes....they waive him, Knicks pick him up and he is finally given an opportunity to play....and the rest is history...like I said, it's not about HOW good he is, it's the about the fact that HE IS GOOD but has been turned down his entire life for stupid reasons...It's a great story that encourages people to simply never give up on their dreams...

Last edited by bballguy; 02-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #275
degenerate extraordinaire

I think we have to distinguish whether we dislike the hype or JLin himself. Sure, everybody is blowing everything out of proportion, however, you must admit he is a legitimate player. He has the game IQ, and he also has a very refined set of skills. He might not be flashy like DRose or CP3, but what he is doing is working thus far.

As noted above, his story is awesome. It shows how much you can accomplish with hard work and persistence. He is also very humble. He could totally blow it up and make himself sound like a hero, but no, he insisted that it is through hard work that he earned an opportunity and he just did the best he could.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote