REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #401
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
411ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,342
Thanked 484 Times in 257 Posts
I cud be wrong but I don't think we can ask or share stream links anymore
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #402
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 20,290
Thanked 8,184 Times in 3,402 Posts
in the rules it says no links to torrents...doesn't mention anything about game streams
__________________
zenki S2000
chuki JT Escudo
kouki Roadster RF

BST feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #403
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,819
Thanked 5,421 Times in 1,726 Posts
Rules don't specify strictly torrents, it just says no links to any copyright material of any sort.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #404
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 20,290
Thanked 8,184 Times in 3,402 Posts
Quote:
We ask that you DO NOT post up links to download of any copy written material - episodes of any tv show/movie etc.
no download links to usernet, torrents etc
doesn't mention anything about streaming
if this doesn't work for the mods... anyone's kind enough please PM I don't have TSN2 on shaw
__________________
zenki S2000
chuki JT Escudo
kouki Roadster RF

BST feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #405
manage the cap you say????
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,173
Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,179 Posts
as long as you dont post the actual link here i guess

ive seen ppl get pts in the other nba thread
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #406
RS.net PIMP
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver/LA
Posts: 4,898
Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
no download links to usernet, torrents etc
doesn't mention anything about streaming
if this doesn't work for the mods... anyone's kind enough please PM I don't have TSN2 on shaw
FYI no posting of any illegal content, that includes streams, this has already been dealt with in the NHL and MMA threads. Points and bans will be handed out.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #407
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
pastarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,763
Thanked 2,604 Times in 1,177 Posts
-happy to see Lin have a new home now. From his brother's couch, to a 2 bedroom apartment rented out from the W New York hotel. He got a discount from the original rental fee of 13,000 US per month.

New York Knicks' Jeremy Lin leaves couch for fancy apartment - ESPN New York

-Bosh giving J. Lin advice about how to handle the Linsanity. I actually agree with what Bosh is saying in the interview.

I have doubt that Harvard grad has the IQ and EQ to handle the media and public attention that he is getting.
__________________
Go Canucks go!
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #408
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
akalic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: richmond
Posts: 879
Thanked 2,284 Times in 186 Posts
miami gonna destroy lives
__________________
spaghetti cakes

Last edited by akalic; 02-23-2012 at 03:14 PM.
akalic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #409
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Miami putting incredible pressure on Lin right now; This is a big test for Lin to see how he responds; does he panic or does he stay composed.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #410
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,032
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Lin is obviously struggling which everyone expected.... but Knicks are not gonna go down in flames, I saw something I liked on Melo's face I ain't seen in a while... (no homo)

right after he hit that buzzer beatin pull up at the end of halftime, he had that "I'm motherfckin Melo gotdammit" look, I think he's primed for a second half, I can feelz it... he's probably thinking ok ok this is the Heat, they're embarrassing us, and last time I checked I was the purest scorer in the world, AND I'm also Carmelo Fckin Anthony....
anger is a good motivator, lookin for a big second half where Amare and Melo feed off each others intensity.... something that LeBron will never have BTW
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #411
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
anger is a good motivator, lookin for a big second half where Amare and Melo feed off each others LINtensity.... something that LeBron will never have BTW
/fixed
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #412
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,032
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^






lol @ Birdman in front row with Gucci Mane, fckin guy is wearing at least a mill around his neck, and a few hundred G's on his wrists and fingers, but some kind of crazy ass diamond necklace with a fat jewel round his neck tho

also Timbaland is there too
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #413
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Durrann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E. Vancouver
Posts: 1,920
Thanked 301 Times in 136 Posts
Timbaland is also at the game
Front row haha
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #414
My homepage has been set to RS
 
iwantaskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: somewhere in bc
Posts: 2,063
Thanked 760 Times in 307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Lin is obviously struggling which everyone expected.... but Knicks are not gonna go down in flames, I saw something I liked on Melo's face I ain't seen in a while... (no homo)

right after he hit that buzzer beatin pull up at the end of halftime, he had that "I'm motherfckin Melo gotdammit" look, I think he's primed for a second half, I can feelz it... he's probably thinking ok ok this is the Heat, they're embarrassing us, and last time I checked I was the purest scorer in the world, AND I'm also Carmelo Fckin Anthony....
anger is a good motivator, lookin for a big second half where Amare and Melo feed off each others intensity.... something that LeBron will never have BTW
I think Melo could rival Lebron if he worked out more.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #415
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 20,290
Thanked 8,184 Times in 3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Two consecutive Sports Illustrated Covers for Lin! Jeremy joins Michael Jordan and Dirk Nowitzki as one of only 3 NBA players to share the same honour:
maybe now he's just suffering a little from the SI cover jinx
is it likely for the knicks to make it to playoffs?
__________________
zenki S2000
chuki JT Escudo
kouki Roadster RF

BST feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #416
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,032
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ gonna be a tough road to make it to the playoffs, but that's only because they hold a horrible record, basically gonna be tough to dig themselves out of that hole, even if they win a shitload of games from now on



Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
I think Melo could rival Lebron if he worked out more.
only on the offensive end since Melo has a sick pull up and drive game, but everything else LeBron is a beast at... his court vision, his defense, athleticism.... I think he's already shown that he's the greatest baller of all time when you're looking at overall skillset.
The only other guy that was on a similar level when it comes to overall skill set would be Penny Hardaway, but even Penny never averaged 25/7/7.... and that stat is something only LeBron and Oscar Robertson have done for their career... then again Penny got hurt bad and career cut short... also I'm not trying to bring Oscar in the conversation, it was a different era, incomparable

I swear Lebron was built in a laboratory, he's never even been seriously injured, just some small minor bumps and bruises here and there
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #417
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
is it likely for the knicks to make it to playoffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ gonna be a tough road to make it to the playoffs, but that's only because they hold a horrible record, basically gonna be tough to dig themselves out of that hole, even if they win a shitload of games from now on
They will easily make playoffs...Even if they end up being the 8th seed, they will still have a solid lead ahead of the 9th place team...Top 8 in east is already pretty much decided, we just don't know the order yet:

Miami
Chicago
Indiana
Philly
Orlando
Atlanta
New York
Boston

^They will all make the playoffs, the next best teams are the Cavs, Bucks, Pistons, Raptors...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #418
manage the cap you say????
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,173
Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,179 Posts
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #419
Ebisu Boss
 
Obsideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: West Side
Posts: 3,662
Thanked 1,501 Times in 563 Posts
Ouch they got thrashed tonight ... the athletic trio was too much to handle for the Knicks in the end ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #420
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
I'd be lying if I told you I didn't expect the Knicks and Lin specifically to struggle mightily today...Knicks play by the pick-and-roll, and Lin strives in the pick-and-roll system....Miami has the best pick-and-roll defence in the entire league, especially with Wade and LeBron picking off the passing lanes.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #421
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 4,694
Thanked 239 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
only on the offensive end since Melo has a sick pull up and drive game, but everything else LeBron is a beast at... his court vision, his defense, athleticism.... I think he's already shown that he's the greatest baller of all time when you're looking at overall skillset.
The only other guy that was on a similar level when it comes to overall skill set would be Penny Hardaway, but even Penny never averaged 25/7/7.... and that stat is something only LeBron and Oscar Robertson have done for their career... then again Penny got hurt bad and career cut short... also I'm not trying to bring Oscar in the conversation, it was a different era, incomparable

I swear Lebron was built in a laboratory, he's never even been seriously injured, just some small minor bumps and bruises here and there
Grant Hill pre-injury was a beast too
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #422
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,032
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ ya I remember Hill was sick too...
Obsideon, who's the third athletic one from the Heat trio you mentioned ? Bosh ?

did you guys notice how the two steals from Lin by Chalmers and Cole were finished off by dunks from both of them, that really was an obvious statement letting him know whassup, these two guys never dunk and they're both like 6 foot roughly.... somebody from the Knicks should have pushed back, thought it would be Stat first Melo second


Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
They will easily make playoffs...Even if they end up being the 8th seed, they will still have a solid lead ahead of the 9th place team...Top 8 in east is already pretty much decided, we just don't know the order yet:

Miami
Chicago
Indiana
Philly
Orlando
Atlanta
New York
Boston

^They will all make the playoffs, the next best teams are the Cavs, Bucks, Pistons, Raptors...


nice, ah fck i spoke too soon, just checked they're 17 n 18, i thought they were somethin like 13 an 25 or somethin like that...
from that list of yours, I only see them beating Celtics, Hawks and Orlando, I'd like to say Indiana too, but the way they played the Bulls in last years playoffs, not sure the Knicks can beat that

like I said before the season started in the NBA thread I'm seeing Thunder and Heat in the finals, so far they got the two best records in the league so it looks like that's what it's gonna be... Heat are winning it though...

and I'm a fckin Clippers fan
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #423
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
like I said before the season started in the NBA thread I'm seeing Thunder and Heat in the finals, so far they got the two best records in the league so it looks like that's what it's gonna be... Heat are winning it though...
I agree; Heat over Thunder in the finals. I am fairly confident that Thunder will make it there; TBH, I don't see anyone in the West being a real threat towards them in the playoffs. The Heat have a much tougher road, but I think they will prevail.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #424
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
dlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,082
Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
If memphis can get back zack, I think they will be a srs contender, clippers might pull an upset too, u never know lol SA is always dangerous too
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #425
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,854
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
I never understood why LA had two teams playing in the same arena.

Now I know it's common for big markets to have two teams. But teams like the NY Rangers and NY Islanders at least play in separate arenas on the opposite side of the city which makes sense to me.

Why would they have two teams in the same arena. I find that extremely weird.

Can anyone explain it all to me?


And OnTheDLo. please post bigger version of your avatar thanks :P
__________________
GO Canucks GO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .


xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net