REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #201
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Lin only 10 pts tonight, and sitting out now.
Is he done for the night I guess?

This is a blow out game tough.
you forgot to mention 13 assists....lol
Advertisement
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #202
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
Knicks will be fine when Carmelo comes back as long as Novak/Fields/Chandler keep playing well. Any double teams for Lin, Stoudemire or Melo will result in shooters from the perimeter being wide open. Novak hits threes like free throws and Fields can shoot pretty well.

Chandler/STAT/Melo/Shumpert/Lin -> freaky athletic lineup

Novak, Fields, Bibby, Walker, Douglas and Jeffries can contribute

Knicks need a defensive Big man off the bench who will just play defense and rebound (Think Reggie Evans)

I've loved the knicks since Allan Houston and Spreewell were a problem. The atmosphere at MSG is amazing, every game feels like the playoffs and you can't help but stay standing and cheer them on.

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion

Last edited by NLY; 02-15-2012 at 05:48 PM.
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #203
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

10 pts 13 rebs and 5 reb in 26mins is good
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #204
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
mods please change the title!
more likes mods merge the two threads or close one of them

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo View Post
Knicks will be fine when Carmelo comes back as long as Novak/Fields/Chandler keep playing well. Any double teams for Lin, Stoudemire or Melo will result in shooters from the perimeter being wide open. Novak hits threes like free throws and Fields can shoot pretty well.
Im interested to see how Melo will play in the 4th quarters. I doubt he will get much touches since NY has so many more weapons like you mentioned.

NY will be fine if Anthony doesn't complain about his stats
Old 02-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #206
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Another win for the Knicks

Career assist night for Lin

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #207
NLY

D'Antoni's systems all require a serviceable point guard that can shoot, pass and penetrate.(think Nash on the suns) Pick and roll up top, and spread the floor. Teams will have to double team/collapse on someone which means someone will be open.

Players lose athleticism over time and production drops, B-Ball IQ is something you can't teach and will age well for extensive years.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #208
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20er View Post
so how does one become a fan? I am pretty sure 50% of the people like myself started as "band-wagon fans" learned the sport and began to love it. I encourage my friends to watch and participate and like myself they became fans too, now we have nba nights or nhl nights to hang out and enjoy the game and the company.

The type of band-wagoner I'm talking about is... never watched a basketball game ever, maybe even never played it, blowing up status updates about linsanity and starting off conversations with " oh i was just finishing watching the knicks game.." The only reason everyone is cheering is because he's chinese taipei, if he was afro american or somthin this thread would never exist
jack_dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #209
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo View Post
Knicks need a defensive Big man off the bench who will just play defense and rebound (Think Reggie Evans)
Pryzbilla is making a come-back; though I heard he's weighing offers to sign with either the Heat or the Bulls.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #210
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
^so do you find this hype, lintolerable?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #211
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Pryzbilla is making a come-back; though I heard he's weighing offers to sign with either the Heat or the Bulls.
Greg Ostertag is in the D-league right now after "retiring" 4 seasons ago lol. I remember him being a decent defender with Utah but he's soo slow.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #212
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
the word bandwagon shouldnt even be used to put others down... since we all are here witnessing LIN-sanity because hes asian.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #213
NLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
He would definitely help strengthen the front court with chandler. I remember him posting solid 10/8 + 1 block averages on Portland.

The Knicks have a great coach and tons of valuable pieces, it's going to be an exciting post-season (yeah I said it )

Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #214

But thats the whole point. Lin would have so many options to choose to win the game. So why rely on Melo? if melo can take a step back from the spotlight and share the ball, like I said, the knicks will be fine.

If melo doesnt share in the 4th, then the ball rotation stops and it becomes a half court game in which the knicks system wont last (think how the spurs kept on beating the suns back then)

Dont get me wrong, I like anthony and want the NYK to succeed. But i rather see it with my own eyes than hear it from reports ( in which he proclaims he do this and that)
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #215
NLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
If melo doesnt share in the 4th, then the ball rotation stops and it becomes a half court game in which the knicks system wont last (think how the spurs kept on beating the suns back then)
Carmelo will score on most players one-on-one, throw another guy at him and you're in trouble.

You go to remember that Carmelo is an all star and he will command the defense's attention whether or not he has the ball. He's a smart player if you remember his syracuse days, he would score TONS of off backdoor cuts and off the ball jumpers. On Denver he was giving the reigns as their superstar so you can't blame him bringing that mentality to the Knicks. The Denver nuggets basically gave Carmelo the ball and he could do whatever he wants. Pair him up with a guy that can get him the ball where ever he wants without double/triple teams, Carmelo will score most of the time.

Carmelo is a very important asset regardless if he's putting up points or not. He is one of the quickest forwards in the game and can definitely hold his own against stars like Lebron/Kobe. Once Carmelo gets the ball and penetrates he's an excellent finisher or he'll find someone open for a jumper whether it be Lin, Novak, Fields, Shumpert or Bibby.

The main problem is Amare. He's got to stop taking jumpers, get his ass in the paint and rebound. There is NO excuse for him to average less than 10 rebounds.

You've got a hard-nose defensive minded center in Chandler, All-star calibre forward in Amare, a terror on the perimeter and in the paint Carmelo, an athletic slashing guard like Shumpert and a point guard with a high basketball IQ in Lin.

Success

Last edited by NLY; 02-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #216
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_dangerous View Post
The only reason everyone is cheering is because he's chinese taipei, if he was afro american or somthin this thread would never exist
i think you are missing the point.

yes race is a big thing here, but that's probably the reason why he was undrafted in teh first place. So to see an underdog story unfold and still being so humble about it (giving credits to his team and his belief) after such a hot streak warrants all this attention.

side note...he's always lived in the US...dont know why you mentioned chinese taipei as if he's in a baseball team.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #217
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Has anyone bought any knicks merchandise yet?
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #218
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
lol waiting for massive shipment of fake lin jerseys to arrive from china
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #219
HELP ME PLS!!!

went to champs the other day, they had no Lin merchandise
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #220
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
The type of band-wagoner I'm talking about is... never watched a basketball game ever, maybe even never played it, blowing up status updates about linsanity and starting off conversations with " oh i was just finishing watching the knicks game.." The only reason everyone is cheering is because he's chinese taipei, if he was afro american or somthin this thread would never exist
people who actually have something going for them in life probably wouldn't waste time to care about something so trivial. Why does it even matter? seriously

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 02-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #221
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i'm so glad i caught the raptors game last night ~ place went crazy after he sunk that 3
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #222
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
You know what pisses me off.
These types of facebook updates...

"I'm sick of hearing all this stuff about Lin, he's good, but hasn't proven anything"
Coming from people I KNOW who do not watch bball.

It's like wtf do you know? I mean I would say i'm a bandwagoner, but I probably spent the last week familiarizing myself with Lin. I was watching his highlights from early on in the year and he was playing well when he got his shot.
The reason he broke out was because of all the injuries on the knicks. It worked out perfectly.

I think people should give Lin credit where credit is due. The fact is he's in the NBA, off the bench, dropping 20+ points a game, 38 points against KOBE and the Lakers, has completely energized his team, the country, the world, and has lead his team to 6 straight wins. Yet, everyone is down playing his stats.
I mean come the fcuk on. Some people just want to bring people down when they're on top.

Yes, I know he's young and he turns the ball over. But, come on, he deserves every bit of press he's getting. This kid is changing the game of basketball whether you like it or not.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #223
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
I'm a bandwagoner, u mad bro? I could give a fuck about him being asian though, I'm not asian and hardly know anyone that is.

He's exciting to watch, and the underdog out-of-nowhere aspect puts the icing on the cake.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #224
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
I'm not asian and hardly know anyone that is.
At first I was like
Then I looked at your location
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #225
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Will you be showing knicks game at ebisu?
YES! I am a huge NBA fan (plus lots of customers have been asking anyway) so I will be playing all the games. Actually I always have been lol and if you request surround sound audio for your sporting needs, it shall be done!

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote