REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #301
I bringith the lowerballerith

This thread is why I like Revscene,once someone has a serious issue,almost everyone jumps on board to help out however they can.

Good job guys.
Advertisement
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #302
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awais
My buddy in Florida found out about this online... people in the states are even finding out!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattolla
Hey guys, I'm from Vancouver Island.
This is bullsh*% .
I want to support, please explain to a newbie how signing up to revscene will help. I'm willing to take the ferry over to support this cause.
Peace-
Source: NASIOC: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2313300&page=5

Haha this is awesome.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #303
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Reposted to Civicforums and 7thgenhonda

If you guys are on other forums, repost the story!

The more attention attracted to the issue the more difficult it is to ignore.

Last edited by MindBomber; 02-25-2012 at 10:14 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #304
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
^ if the guys at richmond subaru are still trying to ignore this, thinking it'll just go away, then they must be more idiotic than it originally seemed - which was already plenty of idiocy
Posted via RS Mobile
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #305
I don't get it

LOL guys, I'm sorry if this is kinda sliding offtopic abit but this made my day so thought I should share! so I just sent this link on fb to this highschool kid that I know works there, out of NO surprises, this dude's reply was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by highschoolkid
Hm ok the service could have been better and a little more organized, but that guy should really stop crying about his swirls, it happens on every single car. Someone who complains that much should own and know how to use an orbital polisher, otherwise he'll have to get it detailed twice a week in order to not have swirls. Should've gotten white or silver then buds. Oh and I actually don't work there anymore so I don't know why you put this on my page lol
LOL! guess these asshats @ Richmond Subaru are all fucking retarded. but here's my reply to him atm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunya
oh didn't know you don't work there nemore since you're fb still said you do :P, but you think the buyer is crying too much eh? LOL ok. so you're telling me that every dealership that does a pro package detailing will for sure give you massive swirls, scratches, left over detailing products still on car, and should receive that car back with left over spots that wasn't detailed for $300 eh?

I believe the OP of this thread complained more about that kevin guy for his attitude more than the damages richmond subaru caused to his brand new car :P
the reply I got back
Quote:
Originally Posted by highschoolkid
There's no one that works there named Kevin, as far as i know. And ya i'm sorry for the hassle this guy has to go through, happens to 1/1000 people, and ya its shitty when it does, and both parties could have gone about a different way of dealing with this. Number one thing, it's not my business and I could care less, and i know if i have an issue with someone or some place, i don't go tell the world, i deal with it myself and don't look for any sympathy, but everyone's different right? Makes the world an interesting place haha. Good luck to both sides on resolving this
my kind reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunya
oooh is that so? I just read see and believe, but if that's what you're telling me then it must be true. but from my understandings richmond subaru = one of the highest complained company on revscene. Even my brother who did sales back in the few years at richmond subaru claims that service at that place is garbage and should never do so there LOL but hey, if you're there I'm sure you're getting shiet done right! as least everything on your part no trying to give you a hard time, but thought it'd be interesting for you to read since you work/ed there. I'm sure the OP wouldn't have done anything to share with the world if service wasn't as horrible as having deep scratches on a <2mo old car. :P but thanks for your input on this sir!
everything onwards becomes super off topic and believe you folks on RS DRGAF about it lol!
cheers!
shunya
shunya is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #306
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 View Post
Is the scratch really beyond saving? What did they use on that poor car to scratch it that deep? I didn't know you could do that from just a detailing job!

OP, keep us posted on the talks. They cannot edit this thread but it sure would be nice if they responded here to answer some very simple questions.
They used wool pads instead of foam pads according to my detailer, heated up the clearcoat so much that the swirls are not just on the surface anymore. They also washed the car with rocks, as well as having undue care while "detailing" the car (as shown by as the scuffs and what not). The long vertical and horizontal scratches are caused by dirty rags, or simply dragging your coat over it.

The GM is indeed directly dealing with me, but is only simply telling me to come in. He is willing to pay for the quote my detailer gave him, but I am unsure how far he is willing to compensate me. I will let you guys know.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #307
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
I have no idea how a dealership can fuck up this bad in this age of internet. Shit like this will spread like wildfire and it doesn't take a fucking genius to understand this.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #308
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Richmond Subaru
Thank you again for you comments. As per our posts below, we are working directly with our client to rectify his concerns. Thank you.
Like · · Share · 5 minutes ago via HootSuite
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #309
My homepage has been set to RS

Like others have said if this doesn't get fully resolved on monday when you talk to them, take this issue to Ctv's Steele on your side. I'm sure she would jump all over this and show all of the people in the lower mainland what richmond subaru is really like. Plus in the end there will be a better chance of you getting either the car fully repainted or a brand new car.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #310
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post

The GM is indeed directly dealing with me, but is only simply telling me to come in. He is willing to pay for the quote my detailer gave him, but I am unsure how far he is willing to compensate me. I will let you guys know.
Will the car be in brand new condition after it is detailed? You paid for a brand new car, if the detailing is not gonna bring it back to brand new condition, you should get some compensation for that and the time and trouble they caused you. I doubt they will give you a brand new STI but i think you should get one in brand new condition cause thats what you paid for.

keep us updated man and good luck.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #311
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsZ24 View Post
Like others have said if this doesn't get fully resolved on monday when you talk to them, take this issue to Ctv's Steele on your side. I'm sure she would jump all over this and show all of the people in the lower mainland what richmond subaru is really like. Plus in the end there will be a better chance of you getting either the car fully repainted or a brand new car.
Haha my friend was talking about steele and i was planning on sending them a lettrr about open road selling me a car with cracked windshield. Wanna join?
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #312
Banned By Establishment

Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #313
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I don't even know any more man.

Car seems like a complete write-off in terms of a "brand new" car.

Might as well just get a new car and use this as a demo/reminder of how not to deliver a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
^ I think that is the fairest solution. Guy paid for a new car so he should get a new car. Also fire their current detail guy.
So sad. Not only were they incompetent but their attitude.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #314
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

1. New car
2. repaint @ autobody of your choice
3. extensive detailing + compensation

Option 1 is what you should aim for but most likely they'll weasel their way out and offer option 3. Just make sure they HEAVILY compensate you. If not...walk out and report back to us!
The balls in your court now...milk this for all it's worth.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #315
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Honestly any single new car customer they lost through this costs more than a professional detailing job... Why has no one written a negative yelp review regarding this lol
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #316
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
r u sure that they didn't take ur ride for a spin, scraped some paint and tried to detail it to cover it up?
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #317
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #318

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
I have no idea how a dealership can fuck up this bad in this age of internet. Shit like this will spread like wildfire and it doesn't take a fucking genius to understand this.
Exactly. You would think dealerships would smarten up after how many ebay sales-honoring disputes, mechanic joyride disasters, etc have blown up on the internet for all to see.
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #319
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

1. RCubed
2. Matsuda
3. Bigbaddie
4. Taxmonkey
5. z3german
6. CorneringArtist
7. Energy
8. Bonestock
9. busdriverman
10. RabidRat
11. jivan6
12. 2010 WRX
13. w1nt3rw0lf
14. too_slow + possibly my brother. I have a 2.5RS and my fam has a 2012 Forester XT (3rd/4th Subaru in the family, NOT from Richmond Subaru)

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #320
I subscribe to Revscene

He needs a new paint job.. Nuff said.. getting it detailed will be like putting a bandage on a stab wound
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
He needs a new paint job.. Nuff said.. getting it detailed will be like putting a bandage on a stab wound
Posted via RS Mobile
I agree with you,the only way to fix it is with a new paint job,the damage done is too extensive to be fixed.

The problem with a new paint job is,especially on a band new car,a respray will greatly depreciate the value of the car,if he were to sell it a few years from now.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #322
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
I agree with you,the only way to fix it is with a new paint job,the damage done is too extensive to be fixed.

The problem with a new paint job is,especially on a band new car,a respray will greatly depreciate the value of the car,if he were to sell it a few years from now.
I think the OP is stuck between a rock and a hard place for this scenario then.

On one hand, yes a respray is gonna hurt resale, but then if the car doesn't get resprayed, I think resale will tank even more with the damage on the paint already.

Also, if it gets painted the same color by some one competent, it shouldn't be too bad.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #323
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post

a good autobody shop...you wouldn't know if its been painted.
Ill go far as to say...a quality paint job is better than an oem paint job.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #324
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I think the OP is stuck between a rock and a hard place for this scenario then.

On one hand, yes a respray is gonna hurt resale, but then if the car doesn't get resprayed, I think resale will tank even more with the damage on the paint already.

Also, if it gets painted the same color by some one competent, it shouldn't be too bad.
Or..... they give him a new car so that it'll be worth what he paid, and the resale value in X years will be the appropriate amount.

why should he have to compromise at all?
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #325
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 264 Posts
^ He's right. The OP shouldn't have to compromise for their mistake. Plus, the car will be in the paint booth for awhile, and I highly doubt Richmond Subaru is willing to give him a rental car.

"I'm already giving you a free paint job, now you want a rental ? Whats wrong with you ? Just leave my dealership"

^ What I can imagine the GM saying if he gets a respray.
Paradise240 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: