REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #226
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,074
Thanked 187 Times in 74 Posts
Lol StylinRed got wrecked.
Advertisement
__________________
Surf, Party, Sleep.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #227
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Fuck man, comprehension much?
Im sorry maybe there's some comprehension issue on your part???

I don't know how many times i'd have to repeat myself here my pov from the start is from the belief that Zimmerman did more than simply follow trayvon and likely started the fight in their encounter
and given how easily manslaughter has been a conviction in similar cases (unjustly perhaps) he could have been found guilty and because of my pov he should have been found guilty

[quote=Hurricane;8284751]
Quote:
The article is like ours? What does that even mean, we are not writing an article,
god you've got to be fucking kidding me...
Quote:
I am trying to explain what law is to you.
and
you're ignoring my points of me bringing up what i think likely happened and using the law to show Zimmerman would be guilty (i think i may have even stated there's no evidence for him to be guilty but.... in my first few posts) you're making the assumption that im saying george is guilty and its right there in the law maybe this was my fault in my plethora of posts in this thread that my original msg was lost but after repeating myself so much i thought it would have gotten through

Quote:
If you read it, you would notice, they do not take my point of view.
(if you read my post i was speaking of the commenters)

Quote:
ADDITIONALLY - as I have already mentioned in this thread, and you somehow conveniently keep glossing over, even if he somehow was the first aggressor, Florida law also has an exception 776.041 that states the first aggressor can use that force after they have exhausted their means of escaping if they believe they are in danger of receiving great bodily harm.
and you keep glossing over many points ive made of that my pov that Zimmerman had done much more than his claims (i realize we've no evidence of this)


I'll just end with I agree the evidence isn't there but I hate agreeing to that because of what I feel likely happened and because Zimmerman sought Trayvon out and in the end a 17yr old is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post
Lol StylinRed got wrecked.
lol you always show up when hurricane does to say just that (so much so in the past i think ur the same guy if not buddies ) the thing is though Hurricane doesnt seem to get my point maybe because im unclear but after repeating myself so much i thought it would get through

Last edited by StylinRed; 07-19-2013 at 01:27 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #228
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
jasonturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Van
Posts: 2,734
Thanked 6,667 Times in 1,188 Posts
StylinRed, you're a smart enough individual, obviously capable of reading and researching.

Unfortunately, you seem to be so stuck in your leftist ways that you are never able to truly look at any subject from an objective perspective while "forming" your opinion.

Sometimes I think you are one of those "truthers"... either way, I loathe your posts.

Good day sir!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo
Follow me on Instagram @jasonturtle if you want to feel better about your life
jasonturbo is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #229
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Posts: 6,747
Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
StylinRed, you're a smart enough individual, obviously capable of reading and researching.

Unfortunately, you seem to be so stuck in your leftist ways that you are never able to truly look at any subject from an objective perspective while "forming" your opinion.

Sometimes I think you are one of those "truthers"... either way, I loathe your posts.


Good day sir!
FINALLY!!!!! somebody says it.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #230
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Bonjour43MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,764
Thanked 281 Times in 96 Posts
In the court of law, Zimmerman is not guilty. This guy explained it perfectly here:


We can all have our own opinions based on emotions, personal believes, and opinions, but at the end of the day, ACCORDING TO THE LAW, he was not in the wrong to have shot Trayvon.

If you lived in the states where there are gang/criminal activities, and have a zealousness to ensure your personal safety, you'd be stupid to not own a gun and have it on you whenever possible.

Does that mean Zimmerman got away with murder? I don't think so. He knew exactly what happened, why he pulled the trigger, and he will have to live with that on his conscience for the rest of his life. If you believed in the law of karma - he will pay for this somewhere down the road, assuming he shot Trayvon out of malicious intent.

For now, once again, in the court of law, Zimmerman is not guilty.
__________________
Nikonian
Bonjour43MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #231
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,074
Thanked 187 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
lol you always show up when hurricane does to say just that (so much so in the past i think ur the same guy if not buddies ) the thing is though Hurricane doesnt seem to get my point maybe because im unclear but after repeating myself so much i thought it would get through
Listen man, I don't know what you do on a day to day basis, but I can guess that you get there in a short bus. Also, your English is horrid. Pick up a book or something.
__________________
Surf, Party, Sleep.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #232
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
StylinRed:

It's come to the time that you need to examine your current posting.

One, you need to look and see that if you are the only one defending your side, are you really going to convince someone that you are right and they are wrong?

Two, what do you get out of it?

Three, what relevance will you being right or wrong, or other thread participants being right or wrong have on the events that have actually happened?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #233
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
StylinRed:

It's come to the time that you need to examine your current posting.

One, you need to look and see that if you are the only one defending your side, are you really going to convince someone that you are right and they are wrong?

Two, what do you get out of it?

Three, what relevance will you being right or wrong, or other thread participants being right or wrong have on the events that have actually happened?
Oh I'm not saying hurricanes wrong (only wrong if he takes my considerations) I think we're just arguing from different points of view here and it kind of just blew into reply for replying sake

As I've mentioned time and again the evidence isn't there but I still feel he should and could be found guilty of manslaughter based on what I think likely happened and what we see seems to indicate that even though it's not hard evidence. Hurricane just likes to ignore that bit and keep driving the point of the law while ignoring my scenario or he assumed I felt zimmerman should be guilty irl because of my musings without anything to back it up and as I said that may be my fault

But anyway I've ended my replies a few posts back just reiterating and here we are once again

Last edited by StylinRed; 07-20-2013 at 04:47 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #234
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Posts: 6,747
Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Oh I'm not saying hurricanes wrong (only wrong if he takes my considerations) I think we're just arguing from different points of view here and it kind of just blew into reply for replying sake

As I've mentioned time and again the evidence isn't there but I still feel he should and could be found guilty of manslaughter based on what I think likely happened and what we see seems to indicate that even though it's not hard evidence. Hurricane just likes to ignore that bit and keep driving the point of the law while ignoring my scenario

But anyway I've ended my replies a few posts back just reiterating and here we are once again
Bro, you're the whiniest member of RS.


And don't even put yourself in that pedestal. It doesn't matter whether we're talking about America and it's legal culture, Israel vs Palestine, or just as simple as your local police incidents (The guy who got mauled by police dog for smashing a bus with his skateboard); Historically in RS, you too ignore or just disregard points made against you as biased or misinformed and you hold your own resources and opinions formed as superior. You're doing the exact same thing as the people you're arguing against.


In someways, sometimes you sound just a step below CiC.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #235
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
It's no shocker that i've more often than not taken the opposing view to you and in my view you're one of the most angry ppl on rs because you're almost always supporting death, destruction and violence and to add to that you're in the military (so you've got your biases)

and as for your bolded quote of mine maybe you quoted before i edited but the end of sentence reads as this
Quote:
and as I said that may be my fault
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #236
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Posts: 6,747
Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
It's no shocker that i've more often than not taken the opposing view to you and in my view you're one of the most angry ppl on rs because you're almost always supporting death, destruction and violence and to add to that you're in the military (so you've got your biases)

and as for your bolded quote of mine maybe you quoted before i edited but the end of sentence reads as this

Angry how? I'm hardly the most vocal member when it comes to complaining about the Zimmerman case, the Western influence in middle eastern politics, our local police authorities; guess who is though.
Spoiler!


And just because I don't support your ultra-leftist views then I must be in support of death, destruction and violence? That's some pretty radical and extreme argumentative devices you've got there.



Oh, and I'm not in the military. You might need to check your ultra-superior, unbiased, ultra-comprehensive, infallable information resources again there broski.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #237
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Angry how?
just the feel i get from reading whenever i read a post by you but its not like i keep tabs unlike...

Quote:
And just because I don't support your ultra-leftist views then I must be in support of death, destruction and violence? That's some pretty radical and extreme argumentative devices you've got there.
just the feel i get from your posts in the past on topics regarding death/violence/destruction

Quote:
Oh, and I'm not in the military.
my mistake then thought you were, maybe i confused you with jd13 cuz of the macross pic


Edit, also if any of you would like to continue this back and forth about why you don't like me, my views, etc take it to pm please or fc we've derailed this thread enough and I won't be responding to anymore posts regarding me

Last edited by StylinRed; 07-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #238
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Feels good to be right.

George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding to Rescue Family Trapped in SUV - ABC News
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #239
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 936
Thanked 956 Times in 123 Posts
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #240
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: van
Posts: 110
Thanked 125 Times in 46 Posts
Zimmerman for president.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #241
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
dangonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,798
Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
So, Zimmerman helping someone proves he's a good guy?

What do you say about Zimmerman being charged with aggravated assault?

I guess by your logic this makes him a bad person?

Zimmerman Charged
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #242
My homepage has been set to RS
 
falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,402
Thanked 900 Times in 387 Posts
I take everything with a grain of salt. I'm sure you've seen countless videos on youtube of people getting arrested for "assault" when there was no such thing.
__________________
FOR SALE: 14'' MR2 MK1 wheels with 90% rubber $130, FD RX7 Transmission $200, Hitch Mount Snowboard/Ski rack w/ THULE clamps, locks $200. PM me for details!

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #243
Zombie Mod
 
Presto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Langley
Posts: 9,268
Thanked 4,401 Times in 1,277 Posts
In regards to Zimmerman, you've got more than enough grains to fill a shaker :P
__________________
Romans 10:9
Presto is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #244
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,505
Thanked 3,266 Times in 546 Posts
BBC News - George Zimmerman 'pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend'

Quote:
A Florida man acquitted of murder in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager has been arrested on charges he pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend.

George Zimmerman, 30, has been jailed in Seminole County, Florida.

Mr Zimmerman was charged with felony aggravated assault, battery, domestic violence and criminal mischief, a sheriff's office spokesman said.

In July, a jury cleared Mr Zimmerman of the February 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin, 17.

Since then, Mr Zimmerman has had other brushes with police, including an incident in October when he was briefly detained following a domestic disturbance at the home of his estranged wife, Shellie.

On Monday, a spokesman for the Seminole County sheriff's department said Mr Zimmerman was arrested on Monday morning and confined to a single-person 64 sq ft (6 sq metre) cell - standard treatment for "high-profile" defendants.

About 12:30 local time (17:30 GMT), sheriff's deputies responded to an emergency call at a house in Apopka, Florida.

Mr Zimmerman's girlfriend said they had argued, and he had broken a glass table in the living room, then retrieved a shotgun and pointed it at her. He then pushed her out the front door and barricaded himself inside, police said.

She was not injured, police said.

The sheriff's office spokesman said investigators believed Mr Zimmerman and his girlfriend had lived together since August and had been arguing about breaking up.

He said Mr Zimmerman was not armed when police arrived and did not resist arrest.

Mr Zimmerman's acquittal of second-degree murder over the killing of Martin sparked a fierce debate about racial profiling and gun culture in the US.

Mr Zimmerman shot dead the teenager, who was unarmed and walking at night toward his father's house. He said the boy had attacked him.

Following the verdict, protest marches were staged across the US including San Francisco, Philadelphia, Chicago, Washington and Atlanta.

US President Barack Obama said the incident was a "tragedy" which should prompt national soul-searching.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #245
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BC
Posts: 312
Thanked 263 Times in 100 Posts
Who cares?

The only reason this is news is because its Zimmerman.

I don't think any reasonable people were saying he is a great guy during the trial. It would be pretty much impossible to know that.

But not being a great person does not equal murderer. Pointing a gun at someone also unfortunately does not equal murderer.

The media is doing a good job of sensationalizing the story already, but how do you convict someone of a felony, if there is no evidence, and its your word against theirs. She says he pointed a gun at her, he says he didn't, cops arrive to find no weapons in anyone's possession....good luck with that. Perhaps there are more details we don't know about.

The bigger story is George went from this...


to this...

Guess she has a thing for drama?
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #246
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping
 
doritos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: port coquitlam
Posts: 303
Thanked 81 Times in 32 Posts
wow, most of the women callers on the phone are so annoying lol. too much fucken blabbering. "omg omg I don't know,"
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #247
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
dangonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,798
Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Who cares?
Don't really care. I was simply responding to The7even who implied that because Zimmerman stopped to help someone out it somehow proves he's a good guy. I just wondered what he thought now.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #248
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
mikemhg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 693
Thanked 684 Times in 233 Posts
This guy is a piece of shit. The apologists for this guy are pretty clear to their reasons for defending this piece of shit. I've never heard of a guy getting so many damn chances, these gun and police issues this idiot is involved in is certainly a trend.

Lock this fuckhead up for a while.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net